Drew Grier: A Broken Girl

By imacoolcat_

At first glance, the Grier family is perfect. But, not all is well for Drew and her brother Will Grier. They... More

Drew Grier: A Broken Girl
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (The End)

Chapter 25

1.5K 24 19
By imacoolcat_

(Really sad I can't see Jack and Jack on tour. They aren't coming any where near me. Who wants to cry with me?)

~Drew's POV~

“Tell me now!” I gushed, pulling my red headed best friend by the hand.

“Nothing to tell,” she wickedly smiled.

“Oh really?” I ask, Preston and Will got here earlier, and I caught her and blondie making out behind the house, very heatedly if you ask me. Shock? Hell yes, Preston is well Preston, and I didn't think Mahogany was ready for a relationship.

“Maybe not.” She winked. “So we started making out, it kind of just happened. He was standing there all hot and shirtless, and then he just grabbed me pushed me against-”

“Don't need that many details, dude is like my brother.” I chuckle.

She's all flushed, and very happy. I have to hand it to Preston, I thought she was broken. The kind where even I couldn't see, but somehow Preston let the light in. Broke her walls down again. I give her a hug, as she is a winding ball of joy.

“Wait a second, does Preston know about you and Cameron?” I ask.

“He knows we were a thing, and now it's not a thing. That's all he needs to know.”

“Alright,” I sighed, “thank the lord.”

I skipped off to the bed room. Everyone was out back, whether they were in the pool, hot-tub, ocean, things like that. Soon, all of us around going to head out on the beach for our own little bonfire by the sea.

I changed from my day dress into a black bikini, I know Jack isn't going to be the happiest, but eventually he'll get over it, right? Sometimes it angers me, how possessive he can be. Yet, I love him. There is nothing I can really do about it, and I have to swim at some point. I didn't go last night.

I grabbed a flannel to cover my shoulders, as I walked out into the hallway. I ran into Aaron, literally speaking, bumping into him. “Sorry,” I flushed.

“It's uh- okay.” He stammered, glancing down at me.

I walked off before I could say anything else. Ever since the whole drunk call thing, it's been more than awkward with him. And not to mention Jack doesn't even let Aaron and I be in close quarters with each other.

In the back yard I sat next to Will who was talking to me about the football practices he's been enduring lately. Nash was beside us, wanting to know more about it too. It was weird, all of us hanging out together, civilly.

The bonfire started, the boys starting it as the sun went down. We had things for smores, and an array of foods. I sat next to Jack, whose arm was slung over my shoulder, while the other hand occupied a beer. It amazes me how easily they get alcohol, but I know more than a few of them obtain fake I.D's.

“Your turn Drew,” Shawn said, handing me his guitar.

“What should I play?”

“Sing something baby.” Jack suggests.

I choose the melody to a song I wrote a week or so ago. I strum, as a few take out their phones, recording, vining the experience. “Let's seize the day, let's run away don't let the colors fade today. We'll never be as young as we are now, as young as we are now. I see myself here in your eyes, stay awake til' the sunrise. I want to hold you hold you all night, I want to tell you that you're all mine. I feel our hands intertwine, hear our hearts beating in time. I need to hold you hold you all night. I need to tell you that you're all mine. We'll never be as young as we are now.” I sing, smiling.

They clap, as I strum the last note. “So obvious who that's about.” Mahogany coughs, “amazing song though, can we expect it on an upcoming album?”

“Yep, Epic loves the song, probably will be one of my first singles.” I smile.

“How the hell do you write songs like that Drew?” Shawn asked, frowning.

“Easy, get some inspiration.” I looked at Jack, and then I realize, that's how I write songs, because of him. “Fall in love, kiss someone, do stuff you normally wouldn't. Inspiration kind of comes in all shapes and sizes.”

“Yours comes in brown eyes and deeply intimidating?” He asks.

“Precisely.” I chuckle.

“You're damn straight I'm intimidating,” Jack laughed, kissing my cheek.

'

The night was going good, more singing, eating. Things such as that matter. I see beside me, Preston's arm hung non-nonchalantly over Mahogany's shoulder. She's all smiles, and laughter. But something about it, is it right? I'm not her, I can't tell her who to be with, but Preston, out of every guy she could possibly choose. Why him?

I notice, Cameron get's up and leaves after awhile. He looks upset, who wouldn't be? Staying in a house while your ex warms up to another guy. No matter how they feel about each other, it would hurt, a lot. “Hey, I'll be right back.” I whispered to Jack.

He nodded, kissing my lips before I got up from the sinking sand. I walked into the house, curiousity over taking my body. I've never really been friends with Cameron before, in fact quite the opposite. But doesn't mean I don't care.

I found him, after searching relentlessly, he was sat at the end of his bed, look endlessly at the ceiling. Watching the blades of the fan swish into the air. “You okay?” I ask, knocking, He sits up, shirtless, dazed by the consumption of alcohol.

“Since when have you cared about me?”

I shrug my shoulders, “I'm still trying to figure that out.” He sniffled a laugh at my comment. “I'm serious though, you don't look too good Cam.”

“I'm fine, I guess. Just thinking.”

“What are you thinking about?” I wonder, sitting on the edge of his bed.

“Mahogany, and that Preston guy.”

“Oh, I'm really sorry-” I start to say.

“That's the thing, don't be. Sure, I care about her, but in a friend sort of way. I don't love her, and I never did. She's just not the one for me. I look at her with Preston and I realize she's happy. She was never that way with me. I guess I envy it, I want something like that. I hate being so alone.”

“You won't be forever.”

“How can you be so sure?” He asked, turning towards me. I never noticed it before, how deep his eye's were, you could tell, they were filled with many stories. Ones that somewhere inside me I wanted to know.

“Because sooner or later, you'll meet someone who steals your heart, whether you want them too are not. Ya know Cam, things happen for a reason, you may not believe it. But they do. Sometimes you have to go through the pain to get to something great.”

“Like you did?” He asked. “Get through the pain.”

“I'll tell you when I'm done getting through it,” I half smile.

He wrapped his arms around my bare waist, digging his head into my neck, taking a deep breath. “Why is life so hard Drew?”

“Because if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.” I whisper.

He chuckles, against my skin. I feel his long eye lashes flutter, “guess I've never been doing it right.”  

“I don't anybody does it right.”

I feel his muscles harden around me. And I feel a pang of guilt usher through my veins. I didn't want to feel bad for him, but I did, and I didn't want his touch to feel good, but it did. It's only a conversation, I think to myself.

Means nothing.

I slowly ease from his tight grasp, “you should get some sleep,” I utter.

“I should.”

“Good night Cam.”

He kisses my cheek, his lips soft against the skin. “Good night Drew, thank you for talking to me.”

“Anytime,” I mumble, backing away from him.

I shut his door behind me, my hands jittery. I reach up to my cheek thinking about- No I stop myself. I can't think things like that. I shouldn't, because I'm with Jack. I grab my phone heading back outside. They were still doing what they were when I left.

I sat down next to Jack, who had way too many beers, “hey baby.” He slurred, wrapping an arm around me.

“Hi.”

“Where were you?” He asked.

“Inside, I got distracted by twitter.” I lie, although I didn't know why I did. Then I realize, he'd freak out if he known I was alone with Cameron. Jack does it with every guy I'm around.

“Hmm,” he hummed, “I'm so drunk.”

“I've noticed. Who let you drink this much?”

“I blame Johnson.”

“Me too. Come on, let's get you inside.” I try and help him stand up, he's so much bigger than me, it's hard. “Can you walk?”

He nods, and he's not wrong, but he couldn't pass a sobriety test at the moment. He steps in zig-zags, as I lead him upstairs, he almost falls a few times. It's weird to see him so drunk like this, he never has more than a few.

Tonight was a different story. I got him into bed, he lay face down. “Baby,” he whined, “come lay down with me.”

“Okay, hold on.” I say, I walk into the bathroom, peeling off my bathing suit, changing into a pair of yoga pants and a white t-shirt. Going back into the bed, lifting up the covers, I curl up.

“I was so mad at you earlier,” he confesses in a drunk state.

“Why?” I ask.

“You walk around, acting like you don't notice all my damn friends checking you out. I hate it.”

“They weren't checking me out.”

“Really? Cause Cam sure as hell got a joy of looking at you.” He muttered.

What? Cameron isn't attracted to me, is he? And I sure as hell am not attracted to him, right? Yes. I look at Jack, “well that doesn't matter. Jack, I love you.” I said, although he didn't seemed convinced, he never does. It's like he blind to how I feel about him, and I hate it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 1.3K 48
Names Demi and I am suffering depression, anxiety, and suicidal. I ran away from home. Why? When you got parents who can't see the best in you, I had...
9.9K 112 27
Having a famous brother is awesome, right? Think again, Bitches. Because not only do you have to put up with fans screaming outside your house every...
5.6K 46 22
COMPLETED my name is kai ryder grier. yes nash grier's twin sister. before you can say, "omfg can i be you please?" you want to stop there, trust me...
47.4K 921 27
When Jordan Franta, a girl who isn't popular in school ends up dating the hot new kid. Even though she kinda thinks he's a freak she takes into consi...