a hell called home (completed)

By caiusofficial

he could never escape this hell, could he? everyday, it was a new mistake. everyday, a new bruise or scar app... More

prologue
a hell called home
run for your life
the only one left
an unfamiliar place, with one familiar face
a friend of the family
mom, i'm so sorry
goodnight, max.
i want to see him smile again
the letter
he's just a boy
a/n HOLY SHIT YALL
just go away
a new home
good times always end too soon
bright lights
the i.v. and your hospital bed
maybe i deserve....
...to be happy
ive been diddly darn tagged (a/n)
milkshakes and fakes
my little maxie
first day
first day (ms. cooper pov)
night terrors
slow mornings
homeroom
blazing bathroom
art class
choir class
clubs?
a letter to someone who means a lot to you
study sessions
alone.
i guess i'm a bit late for dinner.
as easy as breathing
everyday
everyday part 2
everyday part 3
the only way out
4:37 am
captain greaves and captain kilne
3...2...1 CLEAR
wake up call
aftermath
ninth grade
(a/n) COMPLETED
(a/n) Q&A
(a/n) want more?

epilogue: a better son

1.8K 79 27
By caiusofficial

third person

so, david ended up working at max's high school. even when max left high school, him and gwen still worked there. everyone was busy, but they always made time for each other. they finally got to be a real family.

max was doing better than he ever had before. he went all the way through high school on honor role, doing track, theatre guild, and working his ass off to get what he wanted. him and adam got together a little while after max got out of a coma, and were still together, even in college. katy ended up moving to california to go to UCLA, but max and adam still visited her. those three, even miles apart, were inseparable.

nikki and neil still talked to max all the time. they ended up moving onto the same block as max during tenth grade, so the friends all got to hang out together whenever they pleased.

max was doing better than he had ever been in the past. he still had panic attacks, depressive episodes, and the occasional nightmare, but everyone was there for him even when he felt like shit.

max graduated high school at the top of his class. david and gwen couldn't be more proud of their son. at the graduation ceremony, david had a huge sign for max saying 'YOURE THE BEST, MAX!' held up. max slapped himself in the face and waved at his parents. of course they were crying.

well, max was too.

max never thought he could ever make it this far in his life. he never thought anyone could actually love him. he never thought that the day would come when he would walk across the stage, or have a boyfriend, or even have a future.

he had spent his whole life just trying to survive to see another day, forgetting what happened yesterday and moving on to today. that was all over now though.

max had a future. he had a family and friends that cared about him. he had everything he could have ever dreamed of having.

max walked off the stage crying. why?

because he was happy.

359 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 1.6K 31
(CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN AND EDITTED HEAVILY) After a thrilling summer at Camp Campbell filled with shitty cultists, idiots and mysteries- the summ...
9.5K 176 16
I will try to update this book as much as possible. Hopefully 1-2 chapters a day. If you don't like this book, then that's okay! I hope everyone else...
184K 4.7K 31
This is something I wrote a long time ago and doesn't really represent me now. You guys can read it but the child abuse might be triggering. Also I d...
1.6K 39 9
David is absent from Camp Campbell for the week due to personal reasons, leaving Gwen as the only counselor to look after the kids. Things take a tur...