Survival of the fittest✔️

By AnotherFangal

BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to b... More

2. Interrogation
3. Information Revealed
4. Arguments
5. Warnings
6. Scars
7. Scouting
8. Discussions
9. Midnight run
10. Trust formed
11. Everything's changed
12. Dull travelling
13. Unexpected Refuge
14. Teasing from both sides
15. Worried
16. Oh shit
17. Messy Return
18. Scouting
19. Gasoline
20. Burning
21. Pointless graveyard
22. Town
23. Hand her over
24. A safe place to rest
25. Close call
26. Storytime
27. Hope
28. Group meeting
29. Deep talk and new clothes
30. Bonding time
31. Into you
32. Truck Chase
33. Long journey chats
34. Dark night
35. Storytime with Jin and Hobi
36. Oncoming horde
37. No bullet in the head today
37. A little push
38. Taehyung's advice
39. We're not alone
40. Ji-booty
41. Don't jinx us
42. Just keep swimming
43. No such thing as luck
44. Almost lost
45. Escape story
46. Innocence killed
47. Rooftop camp
48. Jealousy
49. Emergency Exit
50. Baehyun
51. Woo
52. I think we're even.
53. B
54. This is the end.
55. Final destination

1. The Apocalypse

13.2K 306 94
By AnotherFangal

(3rd May)

You sprinted as fast as you could through the forest. Your rapid breathing was making your chest burn as the cold air was forced in and out of your lungs. The muscles in your legs were in agony but you refused to stop or slow down.
Stopping would be the worst thing you could do in this situation.

The sounds of people shouting, car engines and gunshots floated to your ears as you realised your pursuers were gaining on you. You were armed with only a pistol and your trusted dagger and that wouldn't be enough in a fight against them. There must have been at least 20 of them chasing you, maybe more.

An idea forming in your head you pushed yourself faster, you only needed to be out of their sight for a second. You spotted a low hanging branch on a thick oak tree, praying it wouldn't snap you launched yourself into the air as high as you could.

You flew for a second then felt your hands wrap around the wood. Heaving yourself into the tree you continued climbing until you were high enough not to be seen by anyone from the forest floor.

You managed it just in time because a second lager the cars rolled to a stop right under your tree. The men inside got out their cars and started talking, gathering in a circle.

"Anyone see which way she went?" One shouted from the drivers seat.

"No, lost her. What about you?"

"Nothing."

The men conversed with each other. You breathed a sigh of relief that none of them spotted you. Pushing yourself further into the tree trunk you strained your ears to listen in.

"Well, we need to find her she can't have gone far. You go down to the river, you check the by the supply shop and we will go to the town." One of them ordered.

The others mumbled their agreement, got back into their cars and drove away in various directions. The car engines slowly fading leaving you with the sound of your pounding heart in your ears. You took a deep breath knocking your head gently against the tree trunk behind you. You felt as if a 10 tonne weight had been lifted off your shoulders as they drove away.

Once you'd caught your breath and your heart rate had returned to normal,
you slowly began making your way back down the tree.

Upon reaching the leafy floor you pulled your pistol out the waistband of your jeans and started to head south. This part of the forest was new to you, you'd never come this far south before so your sense of direction was all over the place. You weren't sure where exactly you were heading but anywhere was better than the place you'd escaped from.

After an hour of walking silently through the sunny forest, you reached the edge of the tree line and found a disused road. You sighed and laughed humourlessly realising where you had ended up walking.

The Warehouse.

It was a huge building surrounded by a high, barb-wired fence. Your old group had tried to raid the warehouse but the people living inside put up a good fight.

In each corner of the warehouse there was a roughly constructed watch tower high above the ground giving them sight all around it. You knew there would be at least two lookouts in each tower armed with long range weapons. You knew they'd seen you just by the fact that their tiny figures had stopped pacing up and down.

They'd probably be keen on killing you but you had nowhere else to go right now. The high fences would keep you safe from the terrible creatures that roamed around outside and the people chasing you. Yes, they might lock you up and treat you like a prisoner but that was better than sleeping alone in the forest.

You heard a terrible scream from behind you making you jump and spin around checking behind you. Wanting to be inside you put your gun away, raised your arms in surrender and began walking towards the fence line slowly.

It took you a couple of minutes to get there and in that time people had lined up on the inside of the fence watching you. Every man and woman watching you had some type of weapon raised; a bat wrapped in barbed wire, a pistol, a machete or a knife.

You had been right with your estimation about the snipers and now saw four red dots appearing on your torso. You stopped a few meters from the fence and looked at the people inside.

"What do you want?" A male voice shouted, his face covered with a black cloth.

"Help," you replied simply trying not to sound worried, "I ran into a spot of trouble."

"Why did you come here?" A voice you recognised came to you from the front of the crowd.

"Hello, Namjoon," you greeted waving slightly.

"Why are you here, Y/n?" He repeated in a calm yet authoritative tone.

"I told you, I need help," you replied slightly more urgently.

"Why should we help you?" The leader asked taking a step closer to you and pulling down his hood that revealed his handsome face.

Namjoon had light brown hair, dark eyes and cute dimples in the sides of his mouth that were only revealed when he smiled. His body language radiated power and people respected him on a whole new level. He didn't need intimidation, fear or threats to get people to do what he wanted, they just did it. He was a big believer in second chances, so hopefully, this would be beneficial for you today.

"Baehyun wants me dead. I thought we could help each other out."

"Why should I accept help from you? How do I know you aren't going to double-cross us?" He asked suspiciously raising an eyebrow.

Very slowly you reached down and took out your pistol, the group fidgeted and raised their weapons at you. You took the clip in one hand and the unloaded pistol in the other. You threw the clip down so it hit the fence by Namjoon's feet with a clanging sound.

"I'm unarmed," he raised an eyebrow doubtfully, "Oh wait." You reached behind you and pulled out your sharp dagger that was in it's shieth strapped to your shoulders like a harness. You put it kicked it skidding under the fence where Namjoon picked it up and handed it to one of the men stood behind him, "Now I'm unarmed."

You were praying in your head he would let you in, you'd shoot yourself if he said no. The fate that awaited you if Baehyun's men caught you was unthinkable.

"I also have some information you may want," you told him a touch of pleading came to your voice when he still didn't speak, "If you let me in I'll explain to you what happened. Please, Namjoon." You refused to go on your knees and beg, but a please would be acceptable.

"Tell me the information first," he ordered in a voice that made you didn't think you had much of a choice.

You nodded agreeing to his terms and taking a small step forward, "Baehyun..." You started but were cut off by a voice shouting.

"WE GOT BITERS COMING THROUGH THE FOREST!"

You heard more shouting and gunshots start to be fired behind you. You turned around quickly and saw a group of about 100 Biters making their way towards you.

Biters were similar to zombies but they were much cleverer, not like ones that were seen in movies. They were predators that would hunt down their prey using tactics and any means necessary. There're many different kinds of Biters but that's just the general term for them.

You saw them picking up their pace, trying to get to your before they got shot.

You hurried to the fence gripping the wire in your fingers, "Namjoon trust me. You won't regret it."

You tried to sound as sincere and honest as possible. You'd been against this group in the past and he had every right to say no and let you be Biter dinner.

He looked like he was having an internal war, his eyes brows furrowed together as he thought for a moment. It felt like the longest moment before he said, "Get inside."

He slid the gate open wide enough for you to slip in and dragging you inside by your jacket sleeve. The gate was slammed shut as the Biters crashed against it making all sorts of horrible noises.

"Get her to a cell!" Namjoon ordered over the people shouting and the moaning, screaming Biters.

You turned and saw a man with half his face covered move towards you. He grabbed your wrists tightly taking your pistol out of your waistband. You felt a gun get pointed to your stomach and he marched you silently into the looming Warehouse.

Heya humans.
Hope everyone is doing as well as possible, welcome to my new story. I've been writing this story on and off since April-ish and I've loved doing it so fingers crossed you do too. As I've pre-written the whole story, I'll update twice a week if I remember but I'll keep it randoms days because why not.

Vote, comment and all that jazz,
Lotta Love
AFG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 8.2K 51
𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒌, 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕. ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ He was sure of his words, as he looked once more into Jungkook's...
85.1K 3K 61
Disclaimer: *This story was heavily inspired by the video game called 'The Last of Us' and any similarities will be because of that. Most characters...
12.4K 782 62
[COMPLETE] 7 different boys, 7 different lives, 7 different personas, yet their shadows must become one in order to survive the inevitable~ When a la...
18.8K 803 32
My breath hitched. I wasn't expecting this. How did this happen? "...i promised not to hurt you and to protect you but... i'm sorry i have to do thi...