Loving Her ~ Book FIVE

By HeatherJachmann

**BOOK FIVE of "The Taylor Family Series"** Aidan Taylor was left to raise his daughter Maci after the sudden... More

COPYRIGHT.
Loving Her
My Girl
Three's A Crowd
Speed
We Bought A Zoo
The Hangover
50 First Dates
Crazy, Stupid, Love
Guess Who's Coming For Dinner
The Morning After
The Holiday
The Hangover....part II
The Pursuit of Happiness
What To Expect When You're Expecting
Maybe Baby
Something's Gotta Give
Monster In Law
The Castle
Where The Heart Is
Autumn Sonata
Not A Chapter!!
Boys Don't Cry
Cheaper By The Dozen
The Hangover...Part III
The Princess Bride
Untamed Heart
Forever Young
Ghost
Update Info
What Dreams May Come
10 Things I Hate About You
No Strings Attached
P.S. I Love You
Baby Boom
The Proposal
Junior
Parenthood
She's Having a Baby
Family Update
Beaches
Nine Months
My Sister's Keeper
Road Trip
Sweet November
The Family Tree
Love or Whatever

Earth Angel

90.6K 1.5K 258
By HeatherJachmann

Earth Angel

2nd May 2041 (Georgie 16 wks and 4 days, Ashtyn 20 wks and 3 days, Tahni 19 wks 4 days, Lexi 17 wks and 5 days)

Aidan's POV

Today, like every other second day of May, I celebrate Callie's birthday. Just like I have been doing since I first met her. Even though back then she just turned fifteen, I was still only fourteen and I was always teasing and flirting with her, she was my not so secret crush. It wasn't until her sweet sixteenth, that I could call her my girl, I remember having a sleep over at her house that night. When she turned seventeen, she was freaking out because she had missed her period and thought I had knocked her up. That was one very scary false alarm. On her eighteenth, we ended up having a fight and actually broke up for about a week before getting back together. Her nineteenth birthday, she celebrated her first birthday as a Taylor, her first as my wife. Our little princess, Maci was announced to the family as she grew in her Mummy's belly on the morning of her twentieth birthday, Callie was seven weeks pregnant on that day. It seems like a lifetime ago.

Now, today like I have been for the past three years, Mace and I have been celebrating her birthday. The first one without her was the hardest, which was also the day she would have turned twenty one. Maci was almost seven months old, she was teething and spent most of the day grumpy and upset. Little did she know that I felt the same but worse, I felt alone and empty, I was trying to raise our baby girl on my own without her mother. Each day as Maci got older, the more Callie was coming out in her, those gorgeous eyes, that fiery hair that curled at the tips. That was the toughest day, I struggled to do anything, if it wasn't for Mum and Dad, I probably would have ended up leaving Mace an orphan.That was my lowest day, mentally, physically and emotionally.

Flashback ~ 2nd May 2038 (Callie's 21st birthday, Maci six and a half months old)

The sounds of Maci screaming her lungs out echoed through the baby monitor, something she's been doing for almost ten minutes now. I just lay there in my bed, looking at the empty spot beside me as I tried to muffle out the sounds of her crying. My own tears flowing, nothing but a sharp pain ripping through my chest as I gaze at my favourite photo of my wife that rested on her bedside cupboard.

Everyday felt like it was getting harder to get out of bed, to do the simplest of tasks like having a shower or just even getting dressed. Plus it wasn't just me that I had to try and live for, I have a little girl that makes this feel even tougher. I try to be as strong as I can for Maci, but with time, she grows more like her Mummy, the Mummy she'll never get to meet or see. How do you even find the words to explain to your child that their mother is never going to tuck her in, give her a bath, shower her with kisses, or just simply hold her hand or hug her tightly.

Callie absolutely loved being pregnant. We decided it was time to try for a baby, we both wanted to have our kids early on in our marriage, so that we could in time travel and enjoy ourselves when our kids were off starting their lives and families of their own. That was our plan. It was always planned that we'd have three babies, enough to fill the backseat of the car with no worries of over filling it. A month was all it took once we stopped birth control, to when Cal peed on that stick that changed our lives. Our little princess was on the way.

Each night after that, Callie and I would talk, read and play her favourite classical tunes to her growing bump. It was almost routine by the time we could feel her kicking and moving. I loved that feeling so much, it's one thing as the father could physically be apart of the pregnancy. Maci Willow was the name chosen for our little girl, Callie said she loved that name and had always dreamed of using it for her daughter. It was an instant hit with me, even Mace thought so when I'd talk to her, she'd kick me hard. Or maybe she hates it, I'm not sure but it suits her so much.

Maci's cries seemed even louder, my body just didn't have the energy to move. A shadow cast through the room and I knew that I wasn't alone, a cooing sound and a soft voice now filled the room as the cries subsided. The edge of the bed dipped and a warm hand placed onto my bare arm, a hand that made me feel at home.

"Aidan sweetie." Mum said softly as she rubbed my arm and tried to soothe Mace at the same time. Whatever she was doing, had Maci making only a soft sound, not the bellowing cries that she had been doing.

"Maci needs her Daddy, it's time to get up." Mum said as she nudged me slightly as she continued to rub my arm in a comforting way. My eyes were stuck on Callie, I don't even think I could blink. I just want my wife here, how hard is that for people to understand? I don't want to get up. It's my wife's twenty first birthday today, and she's not here for it. We had planned that we would take our little girl and have our first family holiday. That's not going to happen now, I have my little girl but I don't have my wife.

"Take her away from me." I said barely even in a whisper. I don't want to look at her today, she looks too much like Callie and it eats up even more inside that I have to see her mother through her eyes. I don't know how many times I asked to whoever was listening, why did they have to take her? I would've given my own life to save hers, I wanted to take my own to be with her. I still do.

"Come on son, she needs you." Dad's voice entered the room, he sounded just like Mum. Hurt and afraid. Afraid that I'd end up doing what I wish for. Death. I want to be with Callie, I want to be with my wife. I can't live without her, it's too hard. Seeing Mace everyday kills me even more. She'll never get to know how amazing her mother was, how much she loved life, loved everything.

"I'm going to give her a bath, feed her and take her for a walk." Mum sighed after a few minutes of just sitting here waiting for me to reply. I simply can't spit any words out. I'm too numb to do anything. I felt her leave the side of the bed, the sounds of Maci getting more quieter as Mum walked her more through the apartment. Dad was still there though, I can smell his aftershave. That same one that makes you feel at home, wherever he is. His footsteps made the floorboards creak as he came around the bed, the side to where he could face me. He sat down on the recliner that he had put there a few months ago, the same one he would sleep in most nights as he took care of me.

"I know your sick of listening to this Aide, but Maci needs you to snap out of this. I need you to snap out of it. I've seen what losing Callie has done to her father, I can't go through that with you too. You're not the only one suffering from her death, Tyson, Cooper, Maci, they are all going through this too. You don't get to be the only one that hurts the most. Those three feel just as much, maybe even more. I know you loved her so much, we all did. I can't lose you." Dad said softly as he sat there, his arms resting on his thighs as he held his hands together. More tears dripped from my eyes as I looked through his.

"I love you Aidan, do you not think about what losing you would do to us? What it would do to Maci? She already lost her mother, she doesn't need to lose her father either. I certainly don't want to lose my son. When Brax, Jace and Lexi, Tyler and Kayla were all in that accident, I thought I lost them all that night, seeing Brax fight for his life is something I never want to ever see again. Did you think how Cade would handle losing you? The two of you were always glued to each other, still are, he feels your pain Aidan. That's why I'm here as he can feel everything that your doing to yourself. If you die, so will he, that's how strong your bond is, and it always will be like that." Dad had to stop and wipe his tears, mine were just making a huge wet spot on the sheet underneath my head.

"I miss her Dad, I just want her here with us. I didn't even get to say I love you one last time. She just left. I don't know how to keep going without her. I love Maci, I really do, with everything I have but every time I see her, I see Callie and it's so hard. I just want this empty feeling to go away, I don't know what to do." I cried, Dad sniffled and got up from the chair and laid down on the bed beside me. His strong arms wrapping around me and pulling me closer as I balled my eyes out.

"You need to get out of bed, you've been in here for almost two weeks. You haven't eaten, you haven't had a shower, all you do is go to the toilet and then climb back in here. Go and have a shower, put some clean clothes on, give your baby girl a hug. It's her Mummy's birthday today, she wants her Daddy to spend some time with her. We are going to make a cake, well Mum is, put some candles on it and sing happy birthday to Callie. I know it's not the same, and it's going to be hard, but she's here with us Aide. She's right there in your heart, each and every minute of the day and she always will be." Dad whispered as held me even tighter, I could feel his body shaking as his arms tightened around me. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to calm my breathing.

"Can you help me?" I choked out as another wave of tears hit me, my eyes now open and wide as Dad moved back and let me go. His face featured many emotions, the hurt and sadness in his eyes are making me feel sick. He nodded and never said a word as he got off the bed and moved the blanket off my naked body. I could see that he saw the marks on my skin that I had made. The sound of his gulp was loud and very clear as his shaky hands reached over to pick me up. Once he had me in his arms, he kept his eyes on mine as he carried me to the bathroom, I could feel Mum's eyes on me as she watched on.

"I'm going to sit you on the edge of the bath while I get your water ready." he said as he carefully and somehow easily sat me on the side of the tub, my limp body resting against the tiled wall. My eyes followed him as he moved around the bathroom, the shower now turned on and as he walked back over to the cabinet, he stopped and I could see the horrified look in his eyes as he looked at what I had on the basin. My gun.

"Is it loaded?" he asked, his voice cracking and his tears now streaming down his face. I couldn't respond, I just stared into his heartbroken eyes as he broke down. He knew the answer without me telling him.

"Oh god." he cried, watching him in this much pain hurt me more. Such a selfish thing on my part, to cause one of the people that I love the most so much pain. Mum then choose this moment to run in and see what's going on. Maci was in her arms, she looked from me to dad, and then back again. She quickly rushed over to me and placed a half naked Maci on my lap before running over to Dad. She cried as he gripped his heart in pain.

"Matty, NO!" she screamed and then helped him sit on the ground before she took off out of the bathroom. My eyes on him the whole time as his face contorted with pain. A few seconds later, she was back and with something in her hand, she was quick and sprayed something in his mouth. Within minutes Dad looked almost back to his usual self but the way he was looking at me was enough to realise that if I had done what I had planned to do this morning, it would have killed him too.

"I'm fine babe, can you just get me some water, my mouth is dry." Dad said as his voice croaked, he wiped his face and then slowly stood up, Mum was watching him carefully before she nodded and went and did as he asked. While Mum was gone, Dad never said anything as he picked up the gun and walked out of the bathroom. He came back a minute later and grabbed Maci from me. She started to giggle as he kissed her all over her face.

"What stopped you from doing it? That wasn't there last night." he said as he stripped Maci's tiny pants and nappy off, she was now butt naked like I was. I closed my eyes and remembered the moment, it was Maci's crying that stopped me.

"Maci." I whispered, when I said her name, she turned to face me and then her small arms came out and her little hands were flapping around. Dad smiled and walked closer to me and Maci almost bounced out of his arms when she was at arms length of me. I reached up and took my baby girl in my arms and winced when she gripped her tiny hands on my skin.

"Get in shower Aide, with Maci. Afterwards we will have something to eat and try and get you through this day as much as we can. Please don't do that again, I can't lose you, Maci can't lose you either." Dad was leaning against the door frame, he was keeping his eyes on us. Mum came back and then kept her eyes on Dad, that was horrible seeing him like that. I looked down and kissed Maci's head as she kicked her legs under the spray of the water. She loves her water.

End of Flashback

That was the day that I almost killed myself, selfishly wanted to waste my life because the woman I loved wasn't here anymore. I almost killed my Dad instead and left my baby girl without any parents. It was a long and slow climb back to a semi normal state of mind, with the help of my family, Callie's as well and Maci. I looked back to that day and thank Maci for her cries, for those teeth that were cutting through her gums. She saved me.

Each milestone with Maci held pain as I wished for her Mummy being with us to see it. Her first tooth, her first word, the first time she started to crawl, and when she started to walk. Maci's first word was 'pa', and you should've seen Dad's face after he was repeating the word, so that she would say it back. And she did. Not that I cared that she never said Dad first, her Grandpa spent a lot of time raising her as well, so it seemed fitting in a way. It was when she said Mum to her Nanna that broke my heart. I'll never forget that day, I think we all cried, which in turn made Maci just upset because everyone was sad around her.

When Callie's twenty second birthday came, I had the whole family sleeping over in my tiny apartment. Dad never left my side as he was scared I'd do something again. The kids all camping out in Mace's room, it was crowded but they seemed to have fun. Mace was almost nineteen months old, she was walking and talking, her hair was now even curlier and she was so adorable. We had even gone over to visit Uncle Cade and Mia in their home in New Zealand. A much needed holiday and it was great being with my twinny after all that time apart. He came to visit about once a month but it was nice to spend a few weeks with him.

It was that year that I showed Maci who her Mummy is. I placed pictures all the way through her room, I would show her home movies that were made, anything that got me to show my baby girl who her Mummy is. Each night I would read her the same stories that Callie read to her when she was growing in her tummy. Callie's classical music is constantly played when Maci is home and going to sleep, I'm amazed at how fast it knocks her out. It wasn't just for Maci, it was for me too. Having those things around me, hearing the soft music in the background, it gave me a sense of Cal being around. We both needed it.

Flashback ~ 2nd May 2039 (Callie's 22nd birthday, Maci, eighteen and a half months old)

"Dada." I heard Maci call for me as I heard her small feet running over the wooden floor. I quickly tried to find her as the family that camped over to stay with us were all still sleeping. It was just Mace and I awake, we've had breakfast, had a shower and have dressed up for the day.

"Come here princess." I smiled and held out my arms for her to jump into. I saw the red curls over the top of the couch, and I could hear her still saying Dada with each step that she took. It's cold this morning, so I had her rugged up warm.

"Papa leep." she said as she jumped at me and almost knocked me off my feet. I chuckled and wrapped my arms tight around her and stood up so I could carry her out to the car. Her small arms wrapped around my neck as she held on tightly. I'd do anything and everything to make this little girl happy.

"Is Grandpa making loud noises like Daddy?" I asked her as I walked us over to the bench to grab the car keys, both of us have a very special place to be this morning. This time last year, I was too much of a mess to visit, but I wasn't going to do the same this year. What a big difference a year makes, with the support and extra help from professionals. The pain of losing Cal will always be there, but I'm slowly getting there day by day and I have this awesome little girl helping me the most.

"Yut." I chuckled at her attempt to say yes, it's moments like this that make me love her even more. She's my little princess, my little girl and I'm glad she's in my life. Sneaking out of the apartment was easier than I thought, I guess with everyone having a late night, they wore themselves out. I'm still used to the not much sleep, so it doesn't really bother me at the moment. One day I'm sure, I'll get more than four hours sleep a night.

Maci and I made our way to the cemetery, it took a few months to get the courage to come here but once that hurdle was over we come here once a week. Sometimes we just come by and change the flowers to fresh ones, others I let Mace run around as I quietly chat to Cal. Even just talking to her like that has eased some of the pain. Today, we will be leaving a birthday card, which Maci helped draw, there's lots of colourful lines inside and a fresh bunch of roses. Pink ones this time. The closer we got to where she rested, the faster my heart beats. I wish that we didn't have to come here to be with her, my wife, her Mummy.

                                      TAYLOR
                                 Callie Arizona

                       02/05/2017 ~ 10/10/2037

                          beloved wife of Aidan
                       cherished mother of Maci

                         forever in our hearts xx

I let Maci down to the ground and let her do her own thing, she's still not old enough to fully understand why we keep coming here. Well that's what I think, I don't really know if she would know or not. I sat down and crossed my legs, I let my back lean against the front of the headstone as I watched Maci as she started to pick some dandelions that were growing over the grass.

"Hi baby, happy birthday." I whispered as I let myself relax as I kept my eyes on my daughter and my fingers run through the blades of grass that were growing long around the base of the headstone.

"Mace is getting so much bigger now, and she's turning into a little chatterbox. I think I liked it when she wasn't talking somedays, but it sounds so cute, so I deal with it. I've been going back to work more regularly now, I miss her during the day while I'm gone, but she's been getting some new friends to play with at daycare." I chuckled softly as I closed my eyes briefly to picture her face, her smile still so bright in my mind. I opened my eyes when I felt Maci sit down on my lap and her small hand reached up to play with my ear. For some reason she loves doing it, and in a way it relaxes me, plus it feels nice when her hands are nice and warm like they are.

"Mummy loves you very much princess. You look so much like her and I know that she's sitting with us right now. We will see her again when the time is right. But right now, it's just you and me Mace. We have to stick together. How about we make Mummy a chocolate cake when we get home? You can lick the bowl clean like you do with Nanna, then we can put some candles on it. How does that sound?" I said to Mace as I wrapped her in my arms, she was resting back into my chest, and I felt her nod as she sat here quietly. It's strange how every time we come here, she's silent. She picks her flowers and then sits with me for the rest of the time we stay here with Callie.

I don't know how long we sat there, the sun had now shifted behind a tree and we were now sitting in the shade and it was actually getting a little cooler. The sounds of a set of foot steps walking over the gravel got closer and closer until it stopped near by.

"Sweetie? How long have you been out here for?" Mum asked as she came and sat down beside us. I looked down and noticed that Mace had fallen asleep in my arms but the main thing is that she was still warm.

"I don't know, since seven I think." I whispered with a shrug, it doesn't feel like that long we had got here. I think I even dozed off at one stage, I'm just so tired but my body never wants to give in. Mum sighed and looked at the time on her phone and then gave me a small smile. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me so I was resting my head on her shoulder.

"Let's have a few more minutes here Aide, and then it's time to get this little girl some lunch." Mum said softly as she moved her hand and weaved her fingers through Maci's hair. My eyes widened as I registered in what she said. Holy crap! It's lunch time? I swear it only feels like we were here for about ten minutes.

"I'm sorry Mum, I didn't realise." I sighed and turned to face her, she gave me a smile and shook her head gently.

"Don't be sweetie, we knew where you would have been. Just let one of us know so Dad doesn't freak out." she smiled and then gave me a kiss on the cheek. What would I ever do without my Mum, or my Dad. I love them both to the moon and back. As promised Mum took us back home to where she had cooked up a storm, a huge family meal that would be enough for left overs so no one had to cook dinner. I sure do love it when Mum cooks.

End of Flashback

I wonder if I can con Mum into making another big lunch like that, plus I know she enjoys it, so she can't complain too much if I ask. On the day that would have been Callie's twenty third birthday, Mum went crazy, there was breakfast, lunch an dinner and they all seemed to blend into one. It felt like we were eating every minute of the day. Was so mouth watering though, you just couldn't help going back for seconds and thirds.

That year I actually woke up smiling, smiling because Maci came running into my room and was singing happy birthday. I had told her the night before that it was a special day as it was Mummy's birthday and that we were going to have a party for her. She was super excited, even more so when I told her that Uncle Cade and Mia were coming to visit. Having my twinny with me that day really made it feel much more bareable to cope. I missed him like crazy when he had moved over to Rotorua, I wish that he had never left. Funny enough, so does he now.

Maci was two and a half years old, she was learning slowly why she didn't have a Mummy like Aunty Lexi, Aunt Izzy and the other Mums that she saw at the daycare when they went to pick up their kids. I was the only single Dad at the time, it was tough and those women that went their were vultures. I mean, what kind of woman shamelessly flaunts herself in front of a guy in a place where kids are there to be cared for. There were so many times, often I'd just about run in and out, I lost count to this day at how many tried to pick me up in there.

I always made sure I had this day off work, but I wasn't so lucky today, it's not too bad though, I'll be home by dinner time. Mum has got her big dinner planned like she done for us last year. This year lots of things have changed throughout the family. Cade is now married to Ashtyn, Nick is gay and will be bringing his boyfriend over. Jace will probably make an announcement about his seperation from Tahni, what's a family dinner without the sudden crazy announcements. They are almost pretty much part of the package.

Flashback ~ 2nd May 2040 ( Callie's 23rd birthday, Maci is 2 and a half years old)

I was sitting at the table with Maci on my lap as we watched Izzy chase Hudson around the family room. It's so hard not to laugh right now, she looks so mad and all he was doing was laughing and running so fast. I'm not sure what he had done wrong but when he stops, he's gonna be sitting in time out. He's the naughty one out of the three, closely followed by Noah, Ryan on the other hand is a Mummy's boy and does what he's told. Very unusual for a small boy of his age.

Cade and Mia were almost identical to Mace and I, but the difference, he was laughing at Izzy, and she was shooting him her evil death glares. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at their place when Dec gets into trouble, that's funny just even picturing my little sister doing a Mum and going off her head. Those two are good at that. There's something about the Taylor women that make you want to run away and hide. Mum, Aunty Katie, Ebs, Izzy. Our girls are doomed, my poor baby girl, hopefully she gets all the Thomas traits in that area. My body covers with goosebumps whenever I imagine Maci as a teenager.

"We have some news." Brax shouted as he walked into the room with Maddox hanging off his shoulder, Alex ran over and joined Hudson, he better look out or he'll join him in time out. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Brax, he was ginning like a mad man and he was holding a smiling Lexi in his arms.

"We already knew you're having another baby." Dad said from the kitchen as he helped Mum with whatever she was cooking tonight. We offered to help but we were not allowed to. Brax looked over to him and then down to a shrugging Lexi, but his hand spread over her belly.

"How did you know that?" Brax sounded shocked, little does he know that he gave it away about six weeks ago, we were just waiting for them to announce it. This is their fifth pregnancy, I wonder if this one will be the last. Sometimes when I'm laying in bed, I often think about if Callie was still here if she would've been pregnant or had our second child by now. I think we would have, having Maci around you all the time, makes you want to have a whole heap more like her. She's amazing and I love her with every part of me.

"Because I'm just awesome like that." Dad laughed, which had Brax scoff and grumble as he was excited to say it. It's almost a normal thing for Brax and Lexi to announce another baby whenever we have a family dinner or something. how they find the time to even make a baby in the first place is beyond me, specially with those three boys and Miss X. 

"haby birfday to me, haby birfday to me." Mace started singing, she turned her head to me when I let out a chuckle, my princess is just too adorable for words. The sounds of Izzy, Dec, Cade, Brax, Lexi, Nick, Lani, Jace and Tahni and the chorus of kids began to sing with her. The loudest by far is Jaxon who was trying to out sing the rest of us. Mum and Dad walked over with a chocolate mud cake covered in candles, Maci started clapping when she saw it. She loves it when she gets to blow the candles out. We had to relight Jaxon's cake several times as she just wanted to keep on trying. It was cute, most of the time she was just blowing air.

"Happy birthday Callie, I love you baby." I whispered as I leaned in with Maci to help her blow the candles out. And then on cue as they were all gone out, her hands went straight to the cake, her hand dug in and she grabbed a part of the cake and shoved it in her mouth. No one cared as it was just a small cake and one that Mace could do anything she liked to it. Everyone else got the bigger version, one that was not allowed to be touched until Maci had hers. Mum just spoils her too much.

Cade and Mia were sleeping over with us tonight, Annabelle was not coming as she was in Melbourne on some conference thing, that's why Cade was here. He loved coming back whenever she had to come over here for work. It meant we got time with each other and the girls got to bond more. It's getting harder and harder each time we wave him off at the airport though. The good thing though, he bought a house close by and is just waiting for the right time to move back home. I can't wait for that day. I miss him so much.

It was quiet, Cade and I sat out the back looking up at the stars as it was a beautiful clear nights sky. Maci and Mia had passed out not long ago, it took them longer to get to sleep as they just would not stop playing, giggling and making a lot of mess. She loves her cousins and always wants one of them to stay over, she's having a ball as she gets Mia for the whole week. 

"You're doing an awesome job Aide, Callie would be so proud of you." Cade said softly as he sipped on his coffee, he was leaning back just like I was, just soaking up the free time. I turned to face him and smiled, it doesn't hurt as much when I have people say things like that. It makes me feel even more happy that I know I'm doing the right thing. That I didn't give up when I had that chance too. 

"Thanks, it's getting easier as each day passes. Now all I need is for you to come back home." I said as I looked back up to the stars, I smiled and as he said "I wish" we both saw a shooting star fall through the sky. I let out a chuckle as did he. Maybe my wish will come ture and I'll get my twinny back home where he belongs. 

End of Flashback

The smell of those all time favourite banana pancakes wafted through the room, instantly waking me up even more. I took a deep breath and inhaled the delicious smell as I opened my eyes and looked out of the bedroom window. I had woken up earlier and just sat down on the bench seat Georgie and I have in our bay window. The monring sun was still trying to break over the hills in the distance, but that wont last long as it looks pretty stormy out there today. 

My eyes flicked around the room, the bed was made and my uniform was all laid out on the bed for me. I smiled as she had left it all there, even down to the socks and a towel to take into the bathroom. Georgie hates it when I never take a towel in the en suite, even though she keeps restocking the towel rails in there, Noticing the time was already getting on, I got up and walked over to the bed, picked up what I needed and went to have a shower. My head was clearly in a different place as I never heard her movements at all through the room.

Once I had the last piece of uniform on, I walked out to greet my girls as the giggles and talking increased. I was eager to see them both, to see my baby's bump, I'm super excited for the day we get to have that ultrasound. When I reached the kitchen, Georgie was still wearing her nightie, Maci was in hers as they both stood side by side, Mace was on her chair. Today is the first birthday of Callie's that I'm going to share with Georgie. A lot of things had changed, but I'm glad that she's here with us today. Callie would want to see me happy, and I am. Extremely happy, with my girlfriend, my daughter and our baby that will soon be joining us.

"Morning girls." I grinned as I walked up behind them and peeked over their shoulders in the middle of the two them. There was a huge pile already cooked and on top they put a candle in the middle of it. I smiled and looked to Mace as she placed some cut up strawberries on the top.

"We made Mummy cakes." Maci said as she looked up at me, she was smiling and I chuckled at the sight of her cheeks and forehead coated in flour. I wrapped my arms around them both and gave them both a kiss on the cheeks. In the corner of my eye I could tell that Georgie was feeling a little nervous. Izzy told me that she's been stressing about today, she had no need to, plus I don't need her doing that with bubs on board. 

"I love it, Mummy would really love it too, red was her favourite colour." I smiled as I held them both tightly. It was then I noticed that each pancake was red, even the syrup. 

"Thank you for doing this for Mace, babe. You are a very special person to the both of us and without you here, we wouldn't feel complete. I love you and I'm glad your here with me to share this day." I whispered softly to Georgie, I heard a sniffle as I pressed my lips to the side of her head. Maci was already trying to dig into the pancakes, but we've got one more thing to do before that happens.

"I was worried that you'd be all sad and stuff, gosh, this baby is making me so emotional." she cried and wiped the tears away. She's got that right, her mood swings, hell they bounce from one extreme to the next in a milisecond, but I still love her, even when she's yelling at me for doing something wrong. 

"I've come to terms that she's gone, I've moved on, with you and I'm happy. She will always be here with us no matter where we are, always watching of Maci, she's our angel and we will make this day a special day for Mace, it'll be like she gets two birthdays. One hers and one her Mummy's." I said to both of them as I reached into my back pocket for a lighter and then lit the candle that was looking a little lopsided on top of the mountain of pancakes.

"Happy birthday Cal." Georgie and I said as Maci shouted "happy birthday Mummy.", she just never stops being so adorable and cute. Just a sign I better keep my gun loaded for when the first boy knocks on the front door. When the last piece of fluffy pancake was consumed, it was time for me to head to work. As much as I wanted to take this day off, I couldn't, it was a last minute call in at about one this morning. I wasn't to happy to get a phone call that time of night, but my services were needed.

"Love you princess, Daddy will meet you at Grandpa's after work ok." I smiled and pulled my growing girl into my arms, I love Maci hugs, they are simply the best.

"Otay Daddy, wuv you." she said and pulled back and then planted a few wet kisses on my cheek and then ran off to play somewhere before she had to go to daycare. I stood back up and wrapped my arms around my girlfriend, our baby pressed lightly into my stomach.

"As much as I love you in this uniform, I really hate why you need to put this one on." Georgie said quietly as she placed her hands on my shoulders. I wasn't wearing my typical uniform, I was fully dressed in full tactical gear. 

"I know babe, I could always wear it for you tonight." I grinned and wriggled my eyebrows, Iwatched as her cheeks turned red, she always blushes and it makes her look even more beautiful.

"I'll be expecting that, now you better go, your ride is here." she chuckled as the sound of Ben's horn went off out front. I leaned in and kissed her lips ever so softly, I always get tingles when I do it like that. My hands went from her waist to her bump, feeling bubs move beneath them.

"I love you, see you tonight baby." I gave her another kiss, and then quickly ducked down to kiss her bump, our little baby's bump.

"Daddy loves you too." I whispered and then released myself from her before heading to the door. I smiled and waved to her and then Maci as she ran and stood by Georgie. They blew me a kiss, I caught it and then left them there as I walked out the front door. Ben was waiting in the patrol car and as I got in, I could see my girls through the living room window waving. I love them both so much. I waved until the house was out if sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter!

PLEASE VOTE and COMMENT!!

Until next time, see you soon!

Heather xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 171 60
*•*•*•*•*•*"I still remember that night as if it just happened yesterday." Scottland Mac is the girl everyone questions. Her sister died in a car acc...
3.7K 248 26
Just to let you know, I'm terrible at descriptions. :((( Aiden Woods has been living alone with his abusive, alcoholic, father since the day his moth...
686K 8.9K 28
***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I suggest you read it first as there are some s...
10.3K 180 33
EDIT - Book is very old. I wrote it in middle school and I'm graduating next year. Please read at your own risk it's so cringe and plot doesn't make...