Drew Grier: A Broken Girl

By imacoolcat_

At first glance, the Grier family is perfect. But, not all is well for Drew and her brother Will Grier. They... More

Drew Grier: A Broken Girl
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (The End)

Chapter 23

1.5K 28 7
By imacoolcat_

(Sorry for the shortness of the chapter, having severe writers block. Love y'all.)

~Drew's POV~

'Goodbye Drew, I've caused you enough pain.' The last line of the note read. Everything, it comes around full circle. And now I understand. As fast as I can, I bang on Cameron's door. He comes, confused.

We need to find Nash now!” I almost scream, tears pricking my eyes.

What?” He asked, “what happened?”

I pull his arm, running down the hallway, “he's going to kill himself.”

I blink, and I'm back in my room. The memory fades away, going back into the cellars of my mind. Stowing them away. I know why now people repress certain things, because they are too painful to think about.

Nash was protecting me, the entire time, and I was hating him. I feel more than bad, I feel horrible. I wish, I wish I knew. This is all George's fault. He's the reason I lost my brother. Jack's body moves next to me, I reach for the bedside table.

My phone, dialing my Mom's number, a voice I haven't heard in so long.

“Drew?” She asked, probably waking up for the day.

“Are you alone?”

“Yeah, everything okay?”

“I want his name.” I whisper.

“Whose name?” She questioned.

“My real Father's.”

I could hear her gasp, yet, she didn't deny it. “How'd you find out?”

“It's a long story. Tell me.”

“Nikoli Smith.”

“Who was he?”

“An old friend.” She said.

“That's all I wanted to know, thank you.”

“Are you going to try and find him?”

“I'm not sure.”

I hung up, sighing. I'm not ready to find my real Father because what if he is like the one I've actually known my whole life? It's my biggest fear, one of them. My other fear, is what is Will going to think. He's the biggest part of my life, he needs to know what Nash was doing all those years.

What about Will?” I ask.

I'll tell him, I guess. Explain to him everything.”

And Hayes?”

Already did. He knows all of it.”

I think back to last night, it was one that is going to stick with me for as long as I live. All I can think, what if he would have done it? Stepped off the edge. I'd lose him, for the second time, and more importantly he'd lose himself.

“Morning baby,” Jack said next to me, pulling me to his warm body.

“Good morning.”

“How are you feeling?”

“What do you mean?”

“After yesterday, it was crazy, are you okay?” He asked.

It was an honest question, “I don't know, it's a lot to take in. Called my Mom earlier, found out my real Father's name.” I sighed into his chest.

“Are you going to try and find him?”

“Not yet. I'm not ready, ya know?”

“I know, but when you are, if you want, I'll be here for you.”

I smiled, “I always want you here for me Jack.”

'

I couldn't explain it, something was different. There was a whole new attitude about Magcon, maybe because there wasn't all the spoken, or unspoken, tension between all of us. Unless you count the whole ordeal with Aaron.

But, everyone, was happy. There was no drama, no shade as they call it being thrown around on twitter. I liked it, a lot. Although there is still secrets, we don't need to understand them at the moment. We're all content.

Even Cameron and Mahogany are getting a long. I'd still like to say some choice words to him about what he did to her, and the baby he never got to know about, but last night he helped me find Nash, I owe him my gratitude in some way.

“This is weird,” Matthew noticed.

“What's weird?” I asked.

“All of you guys, hanging out, usually we're all in our own little groups, now look at us.” He said.

“I like it, a lot.” smiled Jack, clasping his hand in mine.

We had gotten done with our show for the night, we all decided to go out and explore the town, despite the late hour. Carter managed to snag a few sets of keys from Bart, the managers and owners don't use the Vans, they ride in SUV's.

Driving around, in the midst of the night, with people I really care about. The chilly weather, stung our arms as we got out of the car, finding a deserted beach. The waves crashed against each other, as one of the guys blared the radio from the car.

“This is crazy beautiful.” I murmured to Mahogany, as we settled our feet in the cold sand.

“Just like life.” She whispered.

I realized, she's right. There may be a lot of pain and confusion in life, but there is something beauitful about it. We're living, right now, on this planet and our lives are completely by chance. We didn't know we'd be born, it just happened, and I'm glad it did.

There is no place I'd rather be at the moment, no people I'd rather be with. I look up at the stars, gazing at them, wondering where they are in the universe. And how they found their way here. I sit down, laughing with the others.

“Cold baby girl?” Jack asks, sinking next to me in the sand.

I nod, “A bit.”

“Let me warm you up.”

He wraps his arms around me, moving me to his lap. I'm safe, tucked into him. The one place in the world where I know, someone has me. “Hmm,” I hum, “much warmer.”

His lips press to my neck, smiling against the skin. His dark eyes ignite the flame that I love, the one I fell for, and keep falling for every day. The man who has me, and always will. I fall into his chest, watching the waves, and the stars.

I know everything isn't going to be okay in the future. I'll have to face George, hopefully send him to jail. But right now, I don't care because for once I really am happy. All the parts of my life that I love are fitting together. Will knows, Preston knows, and they understand as well as I do. What Nash didn't wasn't selfish, but rather selfless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 73 30
We are all one big group of friends! We have been through the highs and lows together but as we grow and take our own paths,things will change, feeli...
23.6K 264 33
Jay Gilinsky follows her older brother Jack Gilinsky on the journey on magcon tour. Jay wants nothing to do with the boys also attending, she's think...
38.9K 501 20
Nicholas Grier..... he is the little brother to Nash and Hayes Grier. When Nash and Hayes need to go on tour, they want to take Nick with them. What...
35.4K 1.1K 35
Being the sister of two famous Viners, a famous football player, and an adorable sister may sound like luxury, but it isn't. I'm basically the disapp...