My Cheerleader Has A Gun (gxg)

By maryrobins

Olivia Cox is your typical highschool student. She's wealthy, spoiled and of course the captain of school's c... More

Chapter 1 "Queen Bee"
Chapter 2 "Samantha Flynn"
Chapter 3 "Masked Girls"
Chapter 4 "Banged Up"
Chapter 5 "A Sudden Invitation"
Chapter 6 "Movie Night"
Chapter 7 "Suspicion"
Chapter 8 "Questions and Intruders"
Chapter 9 "Just Another Ordinary Day"
Chapter 10 "Her Soft Lips"
Chapter 11 "Back To School"
Chapter 12 "Trail"
Chapter 13 "A Little Space And A Kiss"
Chapter 14 "Complicated"
Chapter 15 "On A Mission"
Chapter 16 "Not Too Discreet"
Chapter 17 "The Bitch's Confession"
Chapter 18 "Little Plan"
Chapter 19 "A Little Bump Ahead"
Chapter 20 "Saving Sara"
Chapter 21 "In For A Surprise"
Chapter 22 "Guns Blazing"
Chapter 23 "Taken"
Chapter 24 "Confined"
Chapter 25 "In A Weak State"
Chapter 26 "Killed"
Chapter 27 "Let The Game Begin"
Chapter 28 "Trick or Threat"
Chapter 29 "Smooth Plan"
Chapter 30 "The Bitch's 'I Love You'"
Chapter 31 "Out On A Date"
Chapter 32 "Gun Game"
Chapter 33 "Blood Spilt"
Chapter 34 "In Distress"
Chapter 35 "Consequence"
Chapter 36 "Guilt"
Chapter 38 "Deadlock"
Chapter 39 "Going In"
Chapter 40 "Fight To The End"
Chapter 41 "Survive"
Chapter 42 "The End Has Come"
Need Suggestions!! Another Story!
Redress (New Story)
Redress has been published!

Chapter 37 "Left Behind"

4.7K 154 14
By maryrobins

Scarlett

I paced back and forth while waiting for Violet to pick up the phone. I had been trying to reach her for five minutes now but still she wouldn't pick up. I wondered what was going on with her, but whatever she was doing at the moment, I hoped it was more important than my intention right now or else, I would be happy to kick her ass.

"Come on, Violet, pick up the goddamn phone," I hissed under my breath as my patience was getting thinner every second, and when she still hadn't picked up, I threw the phone to the couch and cursed loudly. I would say I was desperate, I needed all the help I could get, and I couldn't stop myself from feeling angry when even contacting her or the others I already failed.

I flopped down on the couch, taking deep breaths to calm myself. I knew I shouldn't got too worked up, but damn it was frustrating. Liv's parents were in danger. I knew how much it was breaking her, I had to do something. She still hadn't gotten over that traumatic incident with Elle, and now she was facing another crisis, I didn't know if she could handle everything but I wanted to help her, at least eased some of her burdens...and I couldn't do that if I stopped now.

With a renewed determination, I grabbed the phone and called Violet once again, but it had gone for two rings when I heard Liv screamed upstairs, making me stop immediately. Without delay, I instantly ran upstairs, thinking Helena had already found our safe house.

I shoved the door open, and found Liv sitting on the bed, crying.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked slowly, a little relieved that my thought was wrong, and looked at the broken bed lamp and few books on the floor. I took a seat beside her and noticed how she was gripping the phone tightly in her hand. Instead of answering me, she handed me the phone and I turned it on, only to find an image of Felix with a bloody and swollen face.

"She's hurting them Scarlett... and I can't do anything to stop her," she mumbled dejectedly.

"Did she call you?" She nodded, "...what did she say?" She opened her mouth but close it eventually, and it took a brief moment before she spoke up.

"Nothing important," she answered, still staring ahead. I stared at her for a moment, trying to read her expression as I didn't think she was telling the truth. But instead of asking her, I pulled her to a hug, and kissed her head.

"Everything's going to be fine, Liv. We'll save them. I promise." I cooed her when she started sobbing against my chest, and all I could do was to comfort her silently as I didn't know what to say to ease the pain, even I was uncertain about the thing I just said to her.

She cried for few minutes until she calmed down and told her to take a nap. She argued at first but eventually gave up and asked me to stay till she fell asleep. Kissing her forehead, I slowly got off the bed and thought of going back to my work. When I reached downstairs, I immediately got to my phone and called Violet. It took a few minutes before the call patched through.

"Thank God, you answered! Where are you? I've been calling you for like forever, I need your help."

"Um, Scarlett, now's not a good time."

"What? Why?"

"I'm on a mission, I can't talk right now Scar. I'll call you later." Before I could respond, the line went dead as she hung up the call.

"The hell!" I snapped, shaking my head in disbelief. I couldn't believe Black really went out in abandoning us. Violet and the rest of the Violent Storm, they were all in missions, even the ones I knew I couldn't get through.

Clenching my jaw, I dialed Black's number and waited for him to answer. Yes, I didn't want to talk to him after our last encounter, but I had to, as I was desperate. Even if I had to apologize for my actions or beg for forgiveness, I would willingly do it as long as he would help me rescue the Coxs.

After four rings, he finally picked up.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" he greeted sternly.

I gritted my teeth, "I...I need your help," I mumbled reluctantly and heard him take a deep breath.

"Did something happen?"

"They took Olivia's parents yesterday...I have to get them back Black, and I need your help."

He paused for a while, "...Look, Agent Smith...I get that you need all the help you can get, but...this is getting dangerous, and you know I can't risk the lives of my agents...or your life, over that stupid cartel."

"Stupid? Is saving Olivia's parents...your friend Felix, stupid?" I sighed in disappointment, "And not with that crap again Black...You know, I don't get you... If you don't want to risk our lives, then why the hell you trained us to be agents in the first place?" I hissed, but tried my best to control my anger and took a deep breath, "Look...you gave me countless of missions, as dangerous as this one, and you never stopped me before...so why now?" It took a moment for him to answer and I thought he had already hung up, until I heard him letting out a huge sigh.

"This mission had turned out to be extremely dangerous for you Scarlett... because this time, you let your emotions get in the way of your duty, you have been too attached with the subject that you can't perform your job effectively, which almost cause your life and the Coxs'..." I pursed my lips, unable to say something back, because he was right. "You said you needed my help..." he added, making me hopeful, "well, I'm afraid I can't lend you that. As much as it pains me to let Felix go, I can't let you risk your life anymore Scarlett...I care about you that much to let you do that."

I frowned in confusion, "W-What'd you mean?"

"...Stand down Agent Smith, and come back to the Agency. That's an order," My confusion instantly faded into anger and I snorted in disbelief.

"I stopped taking orders from you when you decided to abandon the Coxs, Black...and whether you like it or not, I'm gonna save them, even if it means I have to do it alone," I said through gritted teeth, before ending the call. It was a wrong move, calling him, I should have anticipated he would react this way. Even if his friend was in danger, he still didn't budge, it made me wonder why he was so against me saving the Coxs... And to say he cared about me really caught me off guard and made me confused as it was the first time he said that to me, even I never heard him said that to the other agents. I may be reading this too much and he could mean he cared about me as an agent, but even if he felt that way, it wasn't enough to make me hate him less right now.

Shaking my head, I headed upstairs to take a shower as it would help blow off some steam. I opened the door to our bedroom, and checked Liv first who was still sleeping, before stripping off my clothes and walked in the bathroom. As soon as the water hit my skin, I instantly felt rejuvenated, helping me clear my head. Even for a brief moment, I wanted to stop thinking about everything, to be free from worry, as it was weighing me down. I knew Liv was counting on me to save her parents, but sometimes pushing myself too hard would end up nothing, that was why I needed some alone time to rest my mind.

Wrapping the towel around my body, I got out of the bathroom after almost thirty minutes of easing up and found Liv already sitting on the bed, looking at me with uncertainty in her expression.

"You're awake, how are you feeling?"

She took a deep breath, "Bit better...Are you okay? You took longer there,"

I forced a smile, "Yeah..." I mumbled as I slipped on some clothes, "just cooling my head." She remained silent, and when I glanced at her, she looked like she was about to say something, but I decided not to ask as she would tell me eventually if she wanted to.

"Scarlett?" she spoke after a moment of silence.

"Hmm?" I turned around and saw her walked towards me, her expression now tainted with sadness. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked slowly as I cupped her face. When I got to look at her, I noticed her eyes were rimmed with tears.

"I'm sorry," she choked as tears finally escaped from her eyes.

I frowned, "For what baby?...Shh, stop crying, it pains me to see you like this," I said when she started sobbing. I pulled her to a hug, rubbing her back to calm her down. I didn't know what has gotten into her, why she was apologizing all of a sudden.

"I'm s-sorry for everything Scarlett," she said in between sobs, "I'm sorry for putting you into this mess."

I held her arms and made her look at me, "Babe, what are you talking about? It's not your fault why I got into this mess...I chose to be here...to be with you and fight alongside you because it's what I want to do and because I love you, so don't think for a second it's your fault, okay?" She pursed her lips into a tight line before wrapping her arms around me.

"Whatever happens...know that I love you so much Scarlett, and that I would do anything to protect you," she mumbled before pulling away, promptly turned her back on me and walked to the bed, leaving me confused.

"What's gotten into you Liv?...You know I'm suppose to be the one protecting you," I said, trying to remind her. When she didn't answer, I strode to her but eventually stopped when she pulled out something from under the pillow, before turning towards me.

"Liv, what are you doing?" I asked urgently when she aimed the tranq gun at me, "How'd you-...You went through my bag while I was in the shower," I stated obviously.

"I'm sorry, but I have to do this Scarlett...to protect you," she cried.

"Put that down Liv. Whatever it is you're about to do, I can help you, let me help you...Just don't do this...please."

She shook her head, "Even if you don't tell me, I know there's no one would want to help us Scarlett...and I'm losing hope...I just want this to stop."

"No Liv, you can't give up now. I promised you, didn't I? That we'll save your parents, and I intend to keep that promise...Just a little bit longer, I will find a way. Please, Liv."

She steadied the gun and took a deep breath, "I know you will...but I don't have the luxury of time Scarlett. If I can't save them...at least I get to save the woman I love." Before I could respond, she suddenly pulled the trigger and instantly, I felt a sudden prickling sensation on my thigh, causing me to glance down. She immediately threw the gun to the side and ran towards me, promptly engulfing me in a hug. Slowly, I felt my strength leaving my body, and not long after, I went limp in her arms.

"Don't...go," I mumbled pleadingly.

"I love you Scarlett," was the last thing I heard before I surrendered to the darkness.

*

I forced my eyes open when I heard a creaking sound somewhere, and slowly heaved my body to reach for my gun on the bedside table. I was still disoriented and my vision was swirling, but I managed to pick up the gun and flopped down back on the bed, aiming the gun to the closed door. Even if my mind was hazy, I remembered what happened earlier, but I pushed away the thought of Liv leaving me and focused my attention to whoever was behind the door.

I put my forefinger on the trigger when the knob turned slowly and as the door swung open, I readied myself to shoot some head off, but instantly stopped when Violet appeared on the doorway.

"No, don't shoot!" she yelled as she immediately stepped back and hid behind the wall.

"The hell!...What were you thinking? I could have shot you!" I snapped and lowered the gun. She then poked her head before she cautiously entered again while slipping her gun behind. "What are you doing here? I thought you're on a mission."

"I was, and as soon as I was done, I came straight here, worried that something happened, and yet, I found you here, sleeping..." she let out an exasperated sigh, "That's why you didn't answer when I called, I thought something had happened to you."

I rolled my eyes, "I wasn't sleeping...well, not intentionally...and something did happen."

"What?...And where's Olivia?" she asked as she looked around. Averting my gaze, I got off the bed, wobbling a little, and put the gun back on the bedside table.

"She left...she's going to save her parents...alone." The last word came out as a mumble as thinking about Liv risking her life to save her parents alone, pained me to no end. She could get herself killed, and I wouldn't know what to do if that were to happen to her.

"Wait, the Coxs were taken?" I nodded in response, "And Olivia went to rescue them...yet you were sleeping here?" she asked in disbelief.

I turned around and glared at her, "You think I could sleep in a situation like this?...Olivia shot me with a tranq gun so I wouldn't be able to stop her..." I said through gritted teeth. Taking deep breaths, I tried to compose myself as tears were threatening to fall, " and so she could save me," I mumbly added.

"Scarlett..."

I shook my head, "No. I need to find her," I said as I walked to the corner to check on my bag. I needed to find Liv before it would be too late, even if I had to do it alone. I wasn't afraid to risk my life, so long as I got to save her and her parents.

As soon as I was done checking my guns and other necessary things, I got up, slumping the bag on my shoulder and headed towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asked, blocking my way.

"If you won't help me Violet, then I suggest you step aside," I answered sternly. When she stayed silent, having no intention to move, I walked past her and hastily went downstairs.

"Scarlett, you can't go out there," she said behind as I heard her footsteps, following me. I rolled my eyes and walked to the door before I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me stop. I turned around to face her.

"Don't try to stop me Violet because you can't make me," I warned.

She shook her head, "I'm not trying to stop you, I wanna help you, but we need to have a plan." Hearing her said that, I felt like a small weight had been lifted off my chest. It meant a lot that she was willing to help when others weren't, and I was grateful for it.

I plastered a small smile and when I was about to speak, the door suddenly opened and standing in the doorway were Val and Ryan. I frowned in confusion as to why they were here, then my gaze flickered to Violet, thinking she might know what they were doing here.

"Violet?" Val called, breaking the silence. I raised a brow while looking at Violet, questioningly. She seemed hesitant, but eventually gave up when I heard her sigh.

"I change my mind," she mumbled before turning to Val, "Screw Black and his order."

"What the hell is going on here?" I interfered.

"You're making this harder than it already is Violet," Val said before turning to look at me, "I'm sorry Scarlett, but we received an order from Black to take you back to the Agency...with or without your consent." I was taken aback for a moment as I couldn't believe it. Black was determined to take me back after what I said to him earlier, making everything worse. I couldn't go back to the Agency when Liv was out there risking her life, not now.

"Please Val, Ryan, don't do this. I have to save Liv and her parents, I can't go back to the Agency."

"I'm sorry Scarlett. It's Black's order, I can't disobey," Ryan apologized, and I understood him. After everything Black did for him, I knew he was having a hard time right now, considering how he valued our friendship.

"Scarlett, please..." Val pleaded.

I shook my head, "I can't Val..." I said as I let the bag fall to the floor. I was determined not to go back, and no one could stand in my way, not even them, "and you can't make me."

As I readied myself, Violet made her first move as she threw a punch to Ryan, catching me by surprise, but I quickly recovered, and managed to block the punch Val threw in my way. She swung her other fist and I ducked, preparing to block her next move as she turned, her back was now facing towards me. She then swung her elbow but I blocked it with my arm and pushed her with my other hand, causing her to stagger forward. Instantly, she turned to face me and then slammed her body to me, making me lose my balance and we fell on the couch before hitting the cold floor.

Not giving her the time to recover, I pushed her to the side, forgetting the pain I felt on my back, as I rolled atop her and raised my fist.

"I'm sorry Val," I mumbled before hitting her, immediately putting her to sleep. I felt bad but I had to do it, I had to end this so I could start finding Liv.

"Scarlett!" Violet called, making me turned to the side. She had pinned Ryan down who was still resisting. Deciding to help her, I stood up, and the moment I did, I felt a sudden sharp pain on my back. Instantly, my body went rigid, unable to move, and I slumped to the floor beside Val. My whole body became numb and everything around me went still, only the faint zapping sound I could hear. That was when I realized I got tased, and as I laid on the floor, unmoved, staring at the ceiling, Violet suddenly appeared on my line of sight, looking frantic, saying something I couldn't comprehend as her mouth moved, but no words came out.

And as my attention was shifted to her, the only thing that was on my mind, after all, was Olivia, all alone in the devil's clutch.

Olivia

I got out of the cab and walked towards the park where Scarlett and I went for a date. I tried my hardest to mask the nervousness I was feeling while waiting for them to pick me up. As I looked around, I couldn't stop thinking about what I did to Scarlett earlier, and up until now, I still felt terrible about it. It broke my heart seeing her earlier, pleading for me not to go. I didn't want to leave her, but I knew had to, even if I had to hurt her emotionally, just so I could protect her.

"I gotta say I'm impressed," said the familiar voice behind me. Taking a deep breath, I composed myself before turning to her. Seeing the sadistic grin written in her face made me want to punch her.

"Helena," I mumbled through gritted teeth.

"I didn't expect you coming here alone. Where's your bodyguard?" she asked in amusement, making me feel a little pissed, hearing her called my girlfriend a bodyguard. Sure she was at first but it all changed when I fell in love with her. She wasn't merely a bodyguard, she was my girlfriend and I hated it when people referred to her as that, especially Helena.

"Like you said, you don't need her, so there's no use bringing her here."

"Hmm, yeah, you're right, and besides, things always get messier when she's around...I'm glad you left her."

"Enough talk Helena...You asked for me, now here I am. Take me to my parents."

She chuckled, "Eager to die, I see...but first," she lessened the gap between us and when she stood in arms-length, her gaze flickered down to my chest, "...I really like your necklace Olivia. I bet your bodyguard gave this to you. Such a sweet doll, isn't she?" I clenched my jaw as she carefully touched the necklace, and eventually, I felt a sudden light tug, causing me to look down and saw the necklace already in her grasp. "Unfortunately...this is of no use to you now," she added then tossed the necklace to the side.

To my anger, I instinctively grabbed her upper arm, instantly squeezing it tightly. She looked surprised for a moment but promptly composed herself when I was being pulled by her guards.

"You're getting bold," she stated with a smirk.

"Take me to my parents now!" I snapped as I whisked the hands holding me.

She smiled, "Fine, but only if you answer my question."

I frowned, "What?" I asked slowly as my stomach was starting to churn.

"Are you ready to play a game?"

I let out a shaky breath, "Take me to my parents," I repeated.

She smirked, "I take that as a yes," she said before signaling to her guards, "We are going to have so much fun. Trust me," she added with a wide smile, before turning her back and strode off. The guards once again held me and guided me, following Helena to the car.

I strode with a heavy heart and as we made our way, I felt a single tear escaped my eyes, thinking about the possibility that I may never get to see the woman I loved, ever again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 842 31
Mikayla is used to working hard. As the only person in her house, she works multiple jobs to pay the bills and put food in the cupboards. Having no f...
811K 23.9K 26
Read 'I Don't Date Cheerleaders' before reading this. It's exactly been five years since 'I Don't Date Cheerleaders' takes place. HOPE LAROVE is now...
90K 2.5K 57
Noa Carter, everyone knows her name, she has the money and she has the looks, her parents happen to be the head of school so she has the power. She's...
1M 31.6K 43
lucy. the popular, "straight" girl, who everyone adores. all the girls want to be her, all the boys want to marry her. she has a boyfriend of course...