Guilty Parties [ NoRenMin ]...

By pentagone_0ff

Everyone is distanced from one another. Families separated, friendships broken. This is the future society. ... More

- One -
- Two -
- Three -
- Five -
- Six -
- Seven -
- Eight -
- Nine -
- Ten -
- Eleven -
- Twelve -
- Thirteen -
- Fourteen -
- Fifteen -
- Sixteen -
- Seventeen -
- Eighteen -
- Nineteen -
- Twenty -
- Twenty One -
- Twenty Two -
- Twenty Three -
- Twenty Four -
- Twenty Five -
- Twenty Six -
- Twenty Seven -
- Twenty Eight -
- Twenty Nine -
- Thirty -
- Thirty One -
- Thirty Two -
- Thirty Three -
- Thirty Four -
- Thirty Five -
- Thirty Six -
- Thirty Seven -
- Thirty Eight -
- Thirty Nine -
- Forty -
- Forty One -
- Forty Two -
- Forty Three -
- Forty Four -
- Forty Five -
- Forty Six -
- Forty Seven -
- Forty Eight -
- Forty Nine -
- Fifty -
- Fifty One -
- Fifty Two -
- Fifty Three -
- Fifty Four -
- Fifty Five -
- Fifty Six -
- Fifty Seven -
- Fifty Eight -
- Fifty Nine -
- Sixty -
- Sixty One -
- Sixty Two -
- Sixty Three -
- Sixty Four -
- Sixty Five -
- Sixty Six -
- Sixty Seven -
- Sixty Eight -
- Sixty Nine -
q & a
q & a answers

- Four -

3K 198 204
By pentagone_0ff

Renjun didn't know he was crying until it reached his chin. 

He was startled, and then confused. 

Startled because the session suddenly ended, but then confused because apparently he was in pain.

Then it hit him. Like a truck. 

Groaning, he sat up, back stiff. He stretched his arms, relieving the stress in his muscles. 

He swung a leg over the reclining chair, sighing as he landed on the floor.

The ache still was there, but regardless, he went out of the door, and down the spiraling staircase that he had gone up that morning. Slightly limping due to sitting all day, he went to the cafeteria. The lights were not off, allowing him to grab a slightly hardened roll, and a spare tin full of rice. He passed over the offered bean sprout soup and spicy chicken. He wasn't hungry.

He was never hungry after a session, but he had to eat. He already was thin and only getting thinner. He was still a growing boy, but he had only so much time to eat.

He sat down at a random table placing his tin, roll, and silverware down. He winced, straightening his back, but reluctantly started to eat. He tried to recall the information from the time Chenle got put in the Chamber. He looked into it after the boy had the experience, just to make sure that he wasn't hurt in any way. It was meant to be a punishment after all.

Or that was what he thought before checking into it. Turns out, once you are seen as a somewhat of a vigilante, you were shown the Outside. The vast landscape, without pollution, the water running clear, and when you see that, you are told you could be there. Only if you finished the required sessions, were you allowed to have the choice of the Inside or the Outside.

He thought about what Chenle's answer would be. But, he hasn't seen the other in so long, he isn't sure what to think of the other's answer. He could've changed, or stayed the same, but the cold hard truth was that Renjun would probably never see the younger again. 

Sighing at the sudden extra weight put on his heart, he finished the rice and roll, and got up to put it in the bin that would carry it away to be washed.

Renjun could tell that it was already dark outside, but when wasn't when he got out of school. 

Walking slowly due to the extra strain, he knew it was probably seven or eight at night.

Bedtime, he yawned at the thought. That seems like the best thing yet today.

As he continued down the path, he failed to hear a muffled gasp and the rustling bodies in a unseemingly dark corner.

Renjun continued to stroll down the sidewalk, past the unfamiliar corner, and almost passed it until he felt a hand grabbing his arm, successfully pulling him into the darkness.

Eyes wide open, and no longer sleepy, he felt his back against hard textured brick. A hand held over his mouth. He couldn't see the person's face, but he could feel the presence and the hand covering his mouth.

He couldn't think of any reason as of why this would be happening to him, but he was so in shock, that he flinched when he heard a raspy, but light voice on the other side of the boy in front of him.

"Promise you won't scream?"

Nodding his head furiously, the hand slowly was taken off of his mouth. The stress of the situation and the weakness in Renjun's knees led to the boy quickly sliding down the wall, curling into himself. 

The other two crouched quickly, making sure the boy was alright.

"Are you O.K.?" 

The other boy's voice was flawless, smooth to Renjun's ears, but Renjun was still on high alert.

"Y-yes."

He nodded, not looking up, afraid. But what was he afraid of? Physical crimes were banned.

Slowly looking up, he finally see their faces, and held back a gasp.

The two other boys were so beautiful, he wasn't quite sure how such beings could exist.

"W-who are you? W-why did you grab me?" he asked, trying not to stutter.

"I told you not to grab him, Jeno!" the other whisper-shouted at the boy sitting in front of Renjun.

Jeno. 

It fits.

"How else was I going to get him here, Jaemin?" Jeno asked, gesturing to Renjun.

Jaemin. His name fits him, too.

"You could've asked," Renjun said lowly, trying to keep his voice and his self small.

The other two looked back at him, and started to panic a little, not wanting to scare the boy. 

The apologetic looks on the other two's faces made Renjun a little bit more at ease. He was scared at first, but he didn't think these two meant any harm.

"W-what did you guys want?" Renjun asked, hesitantly.

"We wanted to meet the M.C.M." Jaemin answered.

"A-and that was all?" Renjun asked. He thought there was more, but he kind of felt saddened from the drop in expectation. The just wanted to see the successful lab rat. The trophy case science project. Quickly huffing and lifting himself up, regardless of the pain, Renjun faced the two boys, face on.

"W-well, yeah?" Jaemin was holding his neck, shyly.

"Well, now that you have, let me go home," Renjun said, looking in both of their eyes.

"W-why? Don't you want friends?" Jeno asked, not sure where the situation was going. 

"What kind of question is that? Humans need human interaction. We are a communicative species. Of course I do, but that requires time and commitment, things I don't necessarily have time or the freedom for," Renjun sighed. He just wanted to be at home, asleep.

"Well, we can make time. Do you want to be friends?" Jaemin asked.

Renjun thought about it seriously. Why were these two boys so adamant about becoming his friend. A reason could be bragging rights, although these boys didn't look like the bragging type. Another reason could be pure friendship. This made Renjun think of Chenle, someone Renjun considered a "friend." Renjun missed him dearly, but knew the reason they were split apart. But he truly did want another shot at a friendship like his last.

Nodding his head slowly, he agreed.

He could tell the other boys were going to cheer, but didn't want to be loud, so the celebrated their excitement silently. Renjun smiled at the pair. 

They're cute. 

But then a thought made him snap them back to reality.

"This won't affect your friendship, will it?" he asked, anxious.

Jeno just smiled, making his eyes smile as well.

He makes me want to smile, Renjun thought, holding back the urge.

"Of course not! We'll be best buds," Jeno said, eyesmile bright.

"Bud isn't technically supposed to be used in that form, but I understand regardless," Renjun let out, before he could stop. He quickly placed his hand over his mouth, eyes wide.

The other two laughed, Jeno slightly in embarrassment, but Jaemin in full happiness. 

"Oh my goodness, that kind of slipped out, I'm sorry!" Renjun bowed quickly, apologetic.

Jeno rubbed his neck, but stood Renjun back up and smiled at him.

"It's fine, and don't worry about bowing to us. You're the eldest here."

"How did you know when I was born?" Renjun asked, perplexed.

"Well, first Chenle, but then we kind of watched a lesson about you?" Jaemin said, sounding more like a question.

"Yeah, but anyways, I'm the middle child and Jaemin is the youngest," Jeno pointed out, causing Jaemin to pout a little.

How is he so cute??

Renjun smiled back at them, but continued to feel the exaustion wearing on his body.

"O.K. so friends?" he said, putting his hand out in between all of them.

"Friends," Jeno said, putting his hand out as well.

"Friends!"

They all swung their hands downward and smiled at each other. Then Renjun remembered.

"U-um. So, guys. I kind of have to go home now? Don't you have to, too?"

The other two looked at each other, then at the watches on their wrists, then up at Renjun. 

"Oh MY GOODNESS!" Jaemin yelled, but only whisper yelled or they would get caught.

"Well, we're late anyways. What time do you have to be in?" Jeno said, accepting his fate.

"By 9:30. But it's already 9," Renjun said, needing to leave. Like now.

"Well, we were supposed to be in at 9, but they always give us at least a half an hour of leeway time. Would you like us to walk you home?" Jeno asked, giving Renjun another eyesmile.

Finally smiling back, Renjun nodded.

"I don't think I've been walked home before. You guys are my first time."

"Aw, you're a first timer," Jaemin teased, reaching over to pinch Renjun's cheek.

"Eh, don't forget that you're the youngest, maknae," Renjun retaliated, wrapping his arm around Jaemin's neck, pulling him to his height, and playfully ruffling his hair.

For some reason Renjun felt like they were close. Even after just meeting, he was already comfortable with them. 

Weird, he thought, letting go of a smiling Jaemin.

But he didn't question any further, just peeking outside the dark corner, making sure there was no one patrolling the area. 

"It's clear, we can go," he said, waving towards the others.

They all starting walking, saying facts about each other, getting used to the addition to all of their lives.

Renjun felt happy. He could remember learning the concept, but not really knowing what it felt like. That was his personal problem. He could learn everything he wanted, but he was unable to attach a personal tie to the concept. Don't get him wrong, he wanted to but he didn't know where to start.

Maybe he could try even harder this time.

It might work.

Yeah.

This time.

. . . 

A/N:

So, this is full of Renjun's thoughts, even though it is in third. 

How do you guys like the story so far?

What do you think they are going to do next? ((:

Anyways,

FiGhTiNg HaEyAdWaE ! 

Until next time !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 6.7K 19
COVER BY : @CRISPYCARATS //Typical story line// Jaemin and Jeno are the most perfect couple you could ever imagine. Everybody wants to be them and p...
173K 5.9K 57
❝ I needed to lose him to find me.❞ I guess highschool's it-couple didn't have the perfect relationship like they thought. Two years after their brea...
2.5K 185 48
When Jeno happens upon his betrothed, his destined love, he is not only shocked but disgusted at the way he is being treated. He does what he can to...
888 20 8
A short story... Jaemin has lived in this neighborhood for three years now and is very friendly with all his neighbors. Everyone is really receptive...