Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧...

By argentistic

Love is all a little girl is supposed to feel. Never should she feel blood trickling down a cut on her cheek... More

Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧
✧Goodbye Big Brother✧
✧The New Derek✧
✧New Competition✧
✧Hospital Drama✧
✧Dealing With Idiots✧
✧Helping Liam✧
✧Some Party✧
✧Not a Monster✧
✧Slight Anger Problems✧
✧Intermittent Explosive Disorder✧
✧Scrimmage Gone Wrong✧
✧The Call✧
✧Not Another Loss✧
✧Teenage Whims✧
✧Caught Up✧
✧Supernatural Smallpox✧
✧Some Plan✧
✧A Little Optimisim✧
✧From The Sidelines✧
✧Emotions Besides Fear✧
✧The Unexpected✧
✧Letters From Isaac✧
✧The Deadpool Strikes Again✧
✧Drinks and Music✧
✧Fear Is All To Common✧
✧Birthday Surprise✧
✧Battle Cry✧
✧Invincibility Is Not Strength✧
✧Weight Room Mayhem✧
✧Desperate Times Call For Desperate Alliances✧
✧Operation Save Scott McCall✧
✧The Mission Begins✧
✧Almost Is Never Enough✧
✧Death Changes Us✧
✧It Ends Tonight✧
✧Epilogue✧
SEQUEL

✧Werewolf Strength✧

57.1K 1.4K 898
By argentistic

Chapter 12- Werewolf Strength

"Hey, guys," I called out to them, as looked at the text message on my screen, "Lydia just sent me a text, she broke another third of the code."

"Am I on it?" Liam asked immediately.

"No," I said with relief when I didn't see the name Liam Dunbar appears on the list. But then I saw a different name that I had not suspected, "But someone else is."

"Who?" Both Scott and Kira asked.

I slowly looked over to them, "Brett."

By this point Brett was no longer on the field. His injury had been so severe that he'd been taken inside to get it looked at.

"Maybe Garrett got him," Stiles realized, "You know, like he stabbed Brett with his little freak show lacrosse stick instead of Liam."

"Then I need to go find Brett," Scott declared ever so valiantly as he pushed us away so he could head into the school building.

"Wait, Scott," I told him as I began heading after him. I've seen enough happen at these lacrosse games to be worried about Scott going in alone. Scott getting murdered by assassins is not something I want to see after all we've gone through.

"Char, hold up," Stiles said as he pulled me back gently, "We can't all go or else it would look suspicious."

"I can't let him go in alone, not after what Gerard almost did to Isaac last year," I looked up into the Hazel eyes of the older boy who looked a bit shaken by what I said, "And I know you of all people would remember that."

"Charlotte," Liam spoke gently as he took a step closer to me and gently brushed his fingers against mine. I didn't realize how much my heart was racing until Liam laced our fingers together and helped calm it down. "Scott's going to be okay."

"Look, Char, if it makes you feel better I'll go check on him but you guys should stay here and keep an eye on everything," Stiles decided as he gave me a soft pat on the shoulder accompanied by a kind smile. I slowly nodded at my friend, knowing he'd be more helpful to Scott then I would.

"They'll be fine," Liam assured me as I watched Stiles rush off in the direction Scott had gone.

I looked up at Liam and nodded slowly as I moved even closer to Liam. I couldn't concentrate on the game because my head was just spinning with all the possible outcomes that could happen to Scott and Stiles. It was impossible for me to not be afraid for them and I couldn't help the fact that I was shaking with fear. What if Garrett wanted this to happen and had something bigger planned.

"Everything is going to be okay," Liam was foolish enough to promise, still obviously new with all of this. I didn't look up at him but allowed him to exchange us holding hands for his arm to be draped around my shoulder. His gear that he still had on prodded me ever so slightly but I didn't mind, I just leaned into Liam and let him comfort me.

Suddenly I remembered that I had left Mason and the girl with a flower name. I turned to look back at the bleachers to see that Mason was sitting alone for some reason. I gave him a small smile, suddenly feeling very self-conscious about the intimacy between Liam and me. I bit the inside of my cheek in hopes that it would tame the blush that was surely taking over my cheeks.

Then I turned back to see what was happening on the field only to see Garrett walking slowly past Liam and I. I felt Liam's arm tighten around me and I quickly looked away from Garrett. I shouldn't be afraid of him since there's no way I would be on the hit list but I just couldn't help it.

Something in my brain clicked all of a sudden as I remembered the night of the party. I had seen Garrett there with the girl who had sat next to Mason. And then I swear I had seen the two of them walking around school together.

I quickly swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat as I turned to look back to Liam, "Does Garrett have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, he and Violet are together," Liam looked down at me with a quizzical look but I didn't have time to explain while idea's rushed through my mind.

So this flower girl - whose name is apparently Violet, I had been close-is dating a assassin and then disappears after he slices an opposing team mate. Maybe the reason Garrett hasn't rushed off the field to finish off Brett was because his girlfriend is doing the deed. She could even be the one that was slicing body parts off of people.

"Is something wrong," Liam asked in concern, his eyes still trained on me.

I moved a hand to my head instead of answering the beta. My head felt like it was throbbing from all of this theorizing I was doing - which I think is proof that I've hung out with Stiles too much.

"I-I," I stammered as my heartbeat began rising to an abnormal pace. I could've just led Scott and Stiles into a trap because I hadn't come to the conclusion about Violet sooner. "I need to go to the bathroom; I'm not feeling so good."

Liam took a step after me as I rushed off but was stopped by Kira who reminded him of what Stiles had said. Plus, coach would not be pleased if his players just started disappearing all one by one.

I felt terrible since I had just completely lied to Liam but if I was right about Violet also being a murderer then could be very dangerous. I didn't want Liam to be getting hurt because he had followed me inside on my mission to find Stiles and Scott. I just hoped that I could find the two of them before anyone got hurt or killed.

With my legs shaking from fear, I made my way through the school's entrance. I don't even know if I'm breathing anymore as I make my way down the deserted hallways. Finally I see Stiles on the phone with someone as he looks into the locker room. I let out a small sigh of relief before I noticed something right at the edge of the doorway. That something had an impeccable resemblance to a body.

"Charlotte?" Stiles questioned; his hand that held the phone drooped slightly as he looked up in surprise. Then whoever he was talking to must've said something because he quickly brought the phone back up to his ear. "No dad, I'm not calling you Charlotte, I'm calling Charlotte, Charlotte. No, she's not hurt, I don't think. Just get here soon dad."

Stiles hung up the phone and then flung his arms out to the sides. "What the hell Charlotte? You were supposed to stay at the field!"

"I-I think I know who another killer is," I tried to defend myself.

"Would it happen to be her?" Stiles motioned inside of the locker room with a frown still on his face. I didn't meet his eyes as I stepped closer and peered inside of the boy's locker room only to see Garrett's girlfriend laying on the ground with Scott standing over her.

"Oh, d-did you-"

"I didn't kill her," Scott quickly answered my question before I could even get it out-probably because he knew I'd take a while to do so. "She tried killing me and I kind of knocked her out."

At least I had been right about her being a murderous hit man-or I guess, hit woman.

I entered the locker room for a werewolf in need for the second time today, this time the werewolf being a seemingly unconscious Brett.

"And what about him," I pointed to Brett and just as I did he sat upright, his eyes glowing yellow and his breathing strained. He startled me so much that I ran into Scott who had to steady the both of us.

"I think we should get him to Deaton," Scott explained just as a tremor seemed to shake through Brett before he fell back to the ground.

"I'll drive," Stiles sighed. Scott stepped aside for Stiles who grumbled something under his breath as he reluctantly moved towards the Devenford Prep student. Stiles struggled with getting the lacrosse player up and ended up sending a grunt over in me and Scott's direction. "Anybody care to help me with the muscular dead weight."

Under different circumstances I might've smiled at the disgruntled look on Stiles' face. But right now I slung one of Brett's arms over my shoulder while I let out a tiny whimper, he was a lot bigger then I had first realized.

"I'll tell your dad and all what happened, you guys get Brett to Deaton," Scott laid out the plan while Stiles and I just nodded. Neither of us were willing to expel our Brett-lifting energy on talking to the teenaged werewolf.

Somehow, Stiles and I managed to throw into the back of the light blue jeep. And even more miraculously, nobody saw us doing so. Of course poor Brett was all bunched up and his head was in an extremely uncomfortable position but that was the least of the Prep students' worry right now.

In the back seat I could hear Brett moan and groan as he straggled along the fine line of being conscious and unconscious. Stiles and I exchanged a look when the injured werewolf emitted a particularly pained sounding cry, eventually causing to press his foot harder on the gas.

"Call Derek, we are going to need him," Stiles instructed as he directed his eyes back onto the empty road. I nodded in agreement as I once again took out my phone and dialed the familiar number.

"Charlotte, are you okay?"

Is it sad that Derek immediately thinks I'm in trouble when I call him? Does everyone think I'm that pathetic? Well, I know they do but still, I hate myself for being so useless.

"I'm fine," I assured him as I looked back at Brett, "But I know someone who isn't. Do you think you can meet Stiles and I at the animal clinic."

Derek sighed into the phone, "I'll be there soon."

The phone call was disconnected as I put my phone away. Stiles was lucky his dad was heading to the school because if the sheriff saw the speed his son was currently going at, well, he'd probably be fairly upset but definitely unsurprised. I could just imagine the look on the sheriff's red face.

By the time Stiles and I had reached the animal clinic, Derek was there. Obviously he had also been speeding.

"What's the problem?" Derek asked me as I jumped down from the passenger seat. I just motioned to the back seat which caused Derek to thrown on his signature scowl. "Who the hell is that?"

"Get the kid inside and ask questions later, okay Derek?" Stiles opened the back door so he and Derek could move Brett as I hurried into the animal clinic. I quickly informed Deaton of our little predicament and the veterinarian didn't hesitate to let us back.

Derek and Stiles got Brett up onto the metal table just as his convulsions seemed to get more severe. Yellow foam began leaking out of mouth. Deaton quickly took off Brett's lacrosse gear and shirt before instructing us to hold him down. Stiles and I went on one side of Brett and Derek went on the other so we could try to do so. It was not an easy task to do, especially since I have close to no upper body strength what so ever.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles inquired as he too struggled to get a good grip on Brett.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfs bane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible." Deaton gave us a stern look as his silver scalpel glimmered in a light. Seeing as I'm not a big fan of sharp objects - they bring back some bad memories-I looked down at Brett. The yellow foam was now practically coming out of his mouth in waves and I was worried that he was going to start choking on it.

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength," Stiles questioned the former alpha as the battle to keep Brett still seemed to be turning into a war.

"I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength," Derek snapped back at Stiles.

"If you can't hold him still then the incision might kill him," Deaton told us in a firm voice. I kept struggling with Brett but there was still no positive result, he was just simply too strong.

"I can't hold him," I blurted out as Brett pushed all of us away, causing Stiles and me to fall back into a table cluttered with medical supplies.

I groaned in pain as I watched a rabid Brett jump down from the table. His escape was short lived as the fist of Peter Hale collided with the side of his face, causing Brett to fall to the ground.

Peter looked up at us, his eyes glowing a vibrant shade of blue. "I guess I still have some werewolf strength myself."

Derek's Uncle had a seriously unhealthy obsession with dramatic entrances and V-necks.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little," Derek muttered to his relative, causing Peter to smirk proudly.

My eyes flitted from the theatrical werewolf to the now unconscious one on the ground. Stiles scooted over towards Brett but I was frozen in my place by fear of what could happen.

"Hey doc, I don't think he's breathing," Stiles said, drawing the attention from the Hale's and back to Brett. From what I could see his chest did not look like it was moving.

Deaton wasted no time as he got down to his knees and began cutting into Brett's chest. The unconscious boy almost immediately gasped for air, meaning that he was at least still alive. A powdery yellow smoke came from the incision which led me to believe that this crisis had managed to be adverted.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked quietly as I finally pulled together enough courage to scoot over to Brett.

"I think he'll be fine," Deaton answered, "But he'll probably be out for a while."

I watched as Brett's lips moved. At first I thought he was still freaking out some but then I noticed that he seemed to be mumbling something.

"Guys can you here that? I think he's saying something," Stiles spoke; apparently I wasn't the only one to notice Brett doing so.

Deaton leaned closer to hear what it was that Brett was trying so desperately to get out. Once he heard enough he leaned back and looked to the rest of us before reciting, "Three things cannot long be hidden, the sun, the moon, and the truth. It's Buddhist."

Derek and Peter exchange a look of realization, as if they recognized the term.

"Satomi," Peter declared, yet again using the dramatic arts in his favor.

"Satomi?" Stiles inquired.

"She's a werewolf," Derek said as if that would explain everything.

"Uh, what are we going to do w-with him?" I nodded towards Brett who was still lying on the floor in front of me. I felt like we should worry about him before indulging ourselves into story time.

"He's welcome to stay here until he recovers," Deaton offered. I just nodded since I really had no better ideas then that one.

"I should be getting you home now," Stiles sighed as he reached out a hand to me. I gave him a small smile as I stood up again. Stiles and I then left the building and went back to his jeep so he could drive me back to the McCall's household. Once we arrived all the cars seemed to be gone, meaning I'd be home alone.

Since I had a key, I unlocked the front door and walked into the dark house. As quickly as I could I turned on the nearest light. I really didn't like being home alone, all the terrible things that could happen raced through my mind a million times as I just stood in the front hallway and shook with fear.

I jumped clear off the ground when my phone rang. I quickly fumbled with it, eager to have someone to talk to so I wouldn't feel so alone.

"Hello?" I answered as I finally started moving upstairs.

"Charlotte! Are you okay?"

It was Liam and the sound of his voice quickly relaxed my nerves. I sighed, not really hearing what he had said at first. Then my brain processed his words and realized I would have to come up with an answer.

"I-I'm fine," I assured him as I walked into my room and quickly turned that light too. "We saved Brett and now I'm home again."

"You knew, didn't you?" Liam asked suddenly, "About Violet, I mean. You knew that she was like Garrett."

My mouth suddenly felt dry as I froze in my walk over to my bed. "I, uh, well I thought she might possibly be like him. I wasn't sure though."

"You still could've told me," Liam sounded hurt which made me feel like a horrible person for lying.

"I didn't want you to get hurt," I admitted quietly, "She has killed werewolves and I didn't want you to be one of them."

"Charlotte, she could've hurt you," Liam reminded me, "I would've been able to protect you."

Guilt flooded my mind as I choked down some air so I could supply another response. "I, I'm sorry."

Things were quiet for a moment as the both of us tried to decide what to say. Things would be so much easier if I could just read Liam's mind.

"My step-dad is going to be picking me up in a little while so I should probably get going," Liam said finally.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow," I manage to walk over my bed but I didn't hang up yet. I wanted Liam to say something more.

"Char," Liam spoke softly.

"Yeah?"

"I'm not mad at you, you know that right? I was just worried," Liam explained and relief began spreading throughout my body. I don't know why but the fact that Liam had been worried over me made me feel better. "Next time this happens I want you to tell me, I want to be able to protect you."

I bit my lip to hold back the ridiculous smile that was trying to spread across my face. I shouldn't be so happy to hear him say that, I should be telling him that he needs to run away from me. But I just couldn't make myself tell Liam that; maybe I'm just too selfish. I might even need to borrow some werewolf strength from Peter so I can tell him. But now was not the time for that.

"I will," I found myself promising Liam. I should no better then to make promises.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow Charlotte."

-----------------------

So a slightly long chapter but that's okay, right? I wasn't going to have Liam calling Charlotte but I felt it was needed since there wasn't a lot of Larlotte in this chapter (minus the beginning)

Also I've got some news. I plan on having a sequel to this book. But, since I'll have to wait till season 5 to get started for me to be able to do the sequel, I was thinking about doing a prequel. I don't have all the details sorted but I want the prequel to be more about Charlotte and Isaac in Season 3. It would basically be about how they adapted to everything and will go more into depth about Charlotte's anxiety and fears.

Question- How do you feel about a prequel? (It won't get started till the end of this book though)

Comment and vote please!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 625 48
I made a deal with my cousin, Scott, before I went home for the summer. His girlfriend Allison broke up with him and left for Paris, and my... friend...
246K 7.5K 45
** COMPLETED ** Ivory Lahey was bitten in sophomore year along side her brother, except she isn't exactly the same as him. But when he stayed in Fran...
6.3K 165 11
When Liam Dunbar gets bitten by Scott McCall, the bite also appears on his twin sister Lindsey. The twins are now on this crazy journey trying to sav...
9.6K 305 21
Rian McCall. Genius Junior. Perfect grades, loving brother and friends, an outcast due to her jerk of an ex boyfriend. Secrets control her life...