seasons | killmonger

By mochahontaz

"What do you want, N'Jadaka-" "Erik." He corrected, making her smirk. "For someone who is so against the colo... More

BEFORE HAND
PLAYLIST
CHARACTERS
1 | P R O B L E M
2 | M I L K & H O N E Y
3 | L E A D
4 | B A S T
5 | R E L A X
6 | H E A D A C H E
7 | C O N T R O L
8 | F O O D
9 | K I L L M O N G E R
10 | M U S H R O O M T E A
11 | W A T E R
12 | S W E E T H E A R T
P A U S E
F A C E C L A I M C H A N G E
I N F I N I T Y FUCKING W A R
13 | S K I N TO S K I N
14 | F R I E N D S
16 | O P P S
17 | C L A I M E D
18 | Z O L A
19 | P A I N
20 | S H A K E O N I T
21 | G R O W T H
22 | W A L L S
23 | J E A L O U S Y
24 | A P O L O G I Z E
25 | M O O N & S T A R S
26 | S A T I V A & I N D I C A
27 | L A N G U A G E S
28 | J A N E L L E
29 | A D O R E
30 | H A N D S
31 | W E
32 | UNHINGED
33 | M E M O R Y L O C K D O W N
IM NOT GONE
34 | A R R I V A L S |PT.1|
HOE WHY IS YOU HERE
35 | ARRIVALS |PT. 2|
36 | S H A D O W S O N T H E W A L L S
Why Nothing Has Been Updated: Plagarism
37 | R E F L E C T I V E

15 | S C E N T

21.8K 744 402
By mochahontaz

The most beautiful fig may contain a worm.
~Zulu Proverb

______________________________

"I'm all ears." Erik look at me from across the room while his arms were crossed against his bare chest. "And you should be quick before I get tired."

"If you're that tired then we don't need to have the conversation then, right?"

He frowned at me and rolled his eyes before he ran his hands against his hair and groaned. "Mbali, stop bullshitting. Talk, now."

I rolled my eyes at him and gave in. "So which do you wanna know first: about the keloids or where I went?" I crossed my legs on the bed and picked at my nails.

"Let's start with the keloids and work our way through the life story." He cleared his throat. I sighed and laid back on the bed, crossing my legs but keeping my hand on my side where he put the ointment.

"You're not gonna tell anyone, right?"

His face deadpanned towards me. "Mbali, I don't even fucking like people like that— let alone talk to them. Who am I gonna run my mouth to? Hmm?" He cocked his head to the side and pursed his lips together.

I looked up at the ceiling and rolled my eyes at his comment. I mean he was right. He would barely even talked to T'Challa if it wasn't for them practically working together. I remember times when T'Challa would call over to the headquarters to speak to him, and Erik would literally look at his Kimoyo beads for at least ten seconds; seeing that it was T'Challa, and ignore the call... and the next two.

"Exactly how you have your scars from the total amount of people you killed, I have mine for that same exact reason. Before my job with the royal family and the border tribe became as serious as it is, I messed around with this group of people when I was younger before I was angry about how my life was going. I was always an emotional ass kid, but when my parents went missing I was just angry because I didn't have anyone— T'Challa and his family helped, but it was still a void cause I didn't have my family." I mumbled and picked at the material of my top. "They called themselves Nomads and stuff like that— the people that I would sneak around with. They were pretty much either ex-war dogs or people exiled from their tribes. I met them when I thought I could handle things on my own and they just taught me their way of living— which I found out included killing people—"

"And you went along with it?" Erik cut me off and frowned, making me glare at him.

"I know you're not over there judging; we literally did the same thing but with different motives, nigga. Now let me finish since you wanted to know so badly." I cleared my throat. "When I found out they were killing people, I wanted to back out but it was the only way I would get stress and anger out of me. The first scar I had was from killing a man; and it hurt like hell."

"How did you keep this from everyone for so long? When did you even stop?"

"I stopped when they put me as a commander for the border tribe. I hid it for so long because I'm required to wear clothes that keep me covered; unless it's for a formal event but I still stay covered. And the Nomads pretty much all went missing after a few years. There was no trace of them after I was gone for so long. But I still regret killing people— innocent and guilty."

"How many did you kill?" He stood up and walked around the room, picking up an empty shot glass that was near the tv and filling it back up with brown liquor. I lifted my shirt so that he could see the rows as he came back over.

"Ninety-seven." I looked down at the marks that went up and down my rib cage and brushed my fingers against them. Erik frowned and downed the shot that was in his glass before looking at my side.

"You don't even have that many keloids—"

"I didn't mark everyone I killed over the years, N'Jadaka." I mumbled and felt his eyes burning into my temple.

"So you would still do it every once in a while?"

"This was the most recent time because I was angry; that's why I felt like I had no choice but to add this one." I pointed to the fresh scar that he saw earlier.

The room grew quiet and the only thing we could really hear was the sound of the rain that was coming down from outside now and the cars still passing by. I felt the bed dip a little and knew that he was sitting next to me now.

"Who was it?" I knew he was referring to where I went and I didn't want to tell him. It would only make matters worse, and he would go crazy.

"A guy on the street. He kept following me and touching me after I tried to get him to go away. I took care of him in the alley—"

"Touching you how?" He raised his eyebrow at me. I instantly shuddered at the though of how his hands felt on my arms and waist. He should be lucky that what I did wasn't as bad as it could've been.

"I think you and I both know where I'm going with this if I tell you; so it won't make me feel too clean to talk about it. It's handled." I stretched my arms. "But, hopefully it makes you feel better that you're not the only lowkey piece of shit in Wakanda." I smiled playfully at him to try and lighten the moment even though I meant what I said more towards myself than him.

His purses his lips and a smirk came across his face. "Who taught you 'lowkey'?"

"Sanaa and Shuri; but I'm not new to American slang, N'Jadaka." He managed to smile but I could tell something was wrong with him since he wasn't putting an attempt to go back and forth with me. "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing." He shook his head. Now it was my turn to ask all the questions.

"You're bad at lying. You're thinking about something; I told you about me so you have to tell me what's wrong." I poked at his hand. He brushed his hand against his jaw and looked at the wall.

"This keloid shit... it's just crazy. I didn't know anything about some exiled tribe she. I started it. Thought I was the only one who did it." He mumbled.

"Well, you're not." I groaned and sat up on the bed. "Everything about Wakanda isn't perfect; including some of the people there. That's why we have secrets, some of us choose to hide them." I hummed and stood up, walking over to where our clothes were in the dresser. "Anyway, now you know. I'm not looking for sympathy— just want you to know that even the most beautiful fig can have a worm in it. We both have worms. Just gotta work hard to get them out."

"Where you going now?"

"I can't shower now? I did already but I still smell like sweat, and I'm still bleeding a little. I hate the smell of it." I shot back at him and grabbed a few more clean clothes. "I'm surprised you didn't have a smart comment about it."

"I can't smell any of that shit. You're buggin." He mumbled. I stopped and frowned. I brought my arm up to my nose to smell myself. I could smell it, how he couldn't was beyond me.

"Shut up." I huffed and walked towards the bathroom.

"Lemme know if you need assistance in there though." Even though my back was towards him, I could tell he was smirking at his own annoying comment. The caring N'Jadaka was officially out the door and I had sarcastic and annoying N'Jadaka back.

I turned to face him and raised my eyebrow. "Oh? That's for sure not happening. We might've had a touching moment a few minutes ago, but I didn't forget that you punched somebody and that you pretty much dismissed the conversation that we were suppose to have about what happened that night. I'm okay, sweetheart."

"What exactly happened that night then? I like hearing you say it." He ran his tongue against his bottom lip and my stomach instantly knotted itself. "You don't like saying fuck, do you? You feel uncomfortable saying we fucked?" He grabbed the back of my shirt and turned me to face him, resting his head against mine and ran ran his hand down my side that was covered in keloids, it almost felt like my skin started burning again. We gotta get it together ASAP.

"N'Jadaka, Musa ukudlala nam." Don't play with me. I pointed my finger at him but my voice was too shaky to even sound serious.

He just smirked and me and put his hand on my hip, pushing me towards the bathroom. "Go get cleaned up."

_________________

The both of us, Y'lan and Sage sat across from each other to get 'brunch' the next day which was Sage's idea. Her and Y'lan sat across from each other, and I slid in next to her while Erik took his place by Y'lan. As soon as we came, their conversation instantly stopped.

"What's up?" Erik looked from Sage to Y'lan. Sage's eyes stayed on the menu but a smile was peaking from the corner of her mouth, still saying nothing.

"Alright, since she's acting like she didn't start the conversation before y'all came in; she said that if one of y'all came in here glowing that you two more than likely fucked— obviously neither of y'all glowing so—" A sugar packet was instantly chucked at his eye from Sage and she groaned.

"You really can't keep your mouth shut— you need to get it together before I break my foot off in your ass." She glared at him, but I guess it wasn't anything new because he didn't even respond to her. "Sorry."

"It's okay." I smiled and laughed at her. "You both are funny though. Nothing happened."

Y'lan looked at Erik for confirmation and he nodded his head, agreeing with me. We all talked for a few more minutes until the waitress came over, her hips swinging and she smiled directly at the men that we were with. "What can I get you all?" She looked at Y'lan and chewed at her lip, twirling the pen in her hand.

"I'll uh—"

"He'll have the blackberry french toast with his eggs scrambled, and a orange juice." Sage answered for him, looking the girl up and down. I smiled and shook my head at the both of them before looking over at Erik who was looking right at me.

"What?"

Erik - N'Jadaka

I shook my head at her and looked out the window while Sage finally started her order. I officially knew that something was off when we came into the restaurant and sat down. Everyone we walked past had a similar but strange smell to them but Mbali. She still smelled the same even after last night— that sweet smell.

On our way over here her scent took over the inside of the car, but it still wasn't a bad smell. I just wanted to know why everyone else smelled the exact same. Even Sage and Y'lan. Sage normally smelled real earthy. Like the smell of flowers and other sensitive shit like that, and Y'lan normally always smelled like some type of cologne. The both of them smelled earthy though. It was some crazy shit going on.

"Erik."

I looked to see Mbali looking at me now and her eyes cutting back over to the waitress who was waiting on me to order. "I'll um... I'll have whatever she ordered." I nodded towards Mbali since I really didn't even look at the menu; and she normally always orders good food anyway.

Sage looked at me and smirked. "He'll have the same thing his girlfriend ordered."

"Now? You're reaching." Y'lan shook his head at her. "My man ain't even let that come out his mouth, baby. Relax."

Sage looked from Y'lan to the waitress again and rolled her eyes. "My chakras are never wrong negro, like I said: he'll have the same thing his girlfriend ordered."

"What did you order?" I raised my eyebrow at Mbali and she smiled at me.

"You'll find out when it gets here."

"If it's nasty I'm fucking you up."

"I thought you liked things nasty?" Her eyebrow raised and I smirked at her.

"I mean, you should know at least a little by now."

"Oh, so y'all nasty nasty, huh? I'm not surprised. The shy looking girls are always like that. Sage was." Y'lan shook his head and laughed. I knew he wasn't lying cause as soon as they got together when we were younger Sage wasn't as outspoken and free as she is now. She was always shy and quiet but as soon as he told me that they actually had sex when they did, his view of her changed pretty fast.

Minutes past and we finally had our food on the table and I saw what I guess was mine and Mbali's since it was the only thing on the tray that was similar. She ordered wild berry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage with orange juice. Y'lan moves my plate over to me and I looked down at the berries. I'm not a picky eater or nothing like that; but I don't like mixed berries. That's way too many damn berries for me. I looked up at her and cocked my head.

"You said you'd get what I was ordering. Don't make that face at me. Just eat it." She laughed.

"Oop— she told you to eat it—" Sage stuck her tongue out and grinned but Y'lan put his hand over her mouth.

"You really outta pocket today, Sage. Get it together, ma." He shook his head.

"I'm not eating this." I shook my head at her and was about to call the waitress back over until she stepped on my foot under the table. My eyes widened at her. Did she not know— these are timbs. You don't step on these. The actual audacity of this girl—

"Just try it."

"Nah."

"Yes."

"I said no."

"Ndiyacela?" Please? She begged and cut a piece of my food with her fork, making sure to get enough of the berries on the fork. "If you you can eat them separate you can eat them together." She loved the fork in front of my face. "Don't be rude and make her come back here to give you a different plate."

I smirked at her and leaned over the table. "Ndiyifumana ntoni ukuba ndizama?" What do I get if I try? I mumbled and a smile came across her lips.

"Ooh, they speaking that freaky shit." Y'lan turned to watch the both of us and took a sip from his straw.

"And you were talking about me." Sage mumbled under her breath, cutting her fork into her veggie omelette.

"Won't know until you try it." She bit her bottom lip. "Open." I sighed and opened my mouth as she stuffed the food in and I started to chew. It really didn't taste that bad, but I wasn't about to let her know that and get all big headed and shit on me.

"You like it." She nodded and took a bite out of her own food. I swallowed and cleared my throat.

"So what do I get, hmm?" I smirked and grabbed her knee from under the table. She looked at me and quickly pulled her knees together to stop my hand.

"Not a thing." She grinned.

"Really? That's how we're playing?"

"Mhmm." She smiled and ate some of her eggs.

"So... if y'all are done, Erik what's gonna happen when you go back to Wakanda? A nigga only gonna hear from you twice a year?" Y'lan looked at me.

He wasn't gonna be the one to say it, shit I wasn't either; but we actually did miss each other. We were pretty much like brothers cause we grew up in M.I.T together. Going long without seeing each other always made it interesting when we finally did, but I didn't wanna keep him questioning if I was cool or not.

"Nah, with the job I got there I'm gonna be busy, but I won't hesitate to come visit y'all— or to even have y'all visit. It's always interesting when we meet back up; especially since Sage got a new friend."

"I'd like for you two to visit. You might like Wakanda. The parties and clubs there are way different though."

"What do you guys even drink in Wakanda?"

"They drink the same thing that y'all drink here, they drink mushroom tea too." I looked at Mbali and she started choking on her juice. "Breathe, sweetheart."

"Mushroom tea? Sounds hella basic." Y'lan shook his head.

"That shit is strong. You drink it or even get a small taste of it? You're getting someone pregnant. It's like Hennessy to the twentieth power, nigga."

"Really?" Sage's eyes widened to Mbali.

"He's not lying."

"We definitely gotta visit then."

_____________________

"Of all places.... why are you bringing me here?" Mbali asked when we turned into a perfume shop that was a few blocks away from the restaurant when we left from being with Sage and Y'lan.

"Girls like perfume and shit, don't y'all?" I stuck my hands into my pockets and looked around the shop.

"Yeah... but why would you bring me here. Men only do stuff like this for someone they're in a relationship with or like." She crosses her arms against her chest and glared up at me.

"I can't be nice today, huh? Make up for punching a nigga? Just look around." I smiled. She slowly walked away from me and started looking at the perfumes.

I walked around and saw all the other women around the store shopping and smelling the perfumes. I walked around and did the same thing.

Sure, she could come here to get her some fruity or florally smelling perfume; but I mainly came to see if I could smell anything else as strong as I could smell her. Hell, I'd let her go wherever she wanted today just so I could see if I was crazy or not.

I walked around and smelled just about every perfume in the store and it still wasn't as strong as her. Even the old women who were wearing those strong ass perfumes weren't as strong as her.

The phone in my pocket started to vibrate and I rolled my eyes when I saw it was from T'Challa. "What?" I mumbled.

"You know, sounding happy to hear from your cousin would help to make your day just a little brighter, N'Jadaka."

"Man, what do you want? You always call with some new information when I'm busy." I pinched the bridge of my nose and followed Mbali around the store while she carried around five different perfume bottle now.

"Busy with Mbali?" I could tell his ass was smirking.

"Busy with being busy. What's do you need?"

"Just checking up on you both. Making sure everything's okay before you two come back."

"We're..." I looked at Mbali start talking to a lady, asking her to help her reach a perfume. I shook my head and reached above her to grab it and hand it to her.

"Thanks." She mumbled and saw the phone in my ear. "Who—"

"T'Challa." I answered her and she nodded. "We're good."

"Smell this." She held one up to my nose. "It's jasmine. Does it smell better than this cherry blossom one?" She pushed the other to my nose. I smelled it and got the same smell from both.

"Same smell."

She frowned and smelled both before looking at me like I was crazy. "It's something wrong with you. These smell completely different." She shook her head.

"Both are fucking flowers right? When you pick them there's literally no difference in the smell."

"Should I leave you both to talk about... flowers?" T'Challa asked. Mbali quickly grabbed the phone from my hand.

"N'Jadaka will have to call you back, T'Challa." She ended the called and put the phone back in my hand.

"If you want both, get both."

"I am."

"Okay."

"Yep."

"I'm not doing this shit today, Mbali. Don't test me." I glared at her and she smiled at me. She was doing this on purpose now. She liked pissing me off.

She just laughed everything off and walked up tot eh cash register. "Is this all?" The lady asked her while I stood behind her with my arms crossed against my chest. She made eye contact with me and looked away. "Yes ma'am." Mbali turned around and hit my chest.

"Um, the fuck? Why'd you do that? Now if I was to hit you back I'd go to jail."

"Stop intimidating her." She hissed at me. "You're making her uncomfortable."

"You want me to look more friendly? A lil nicer?"

"Obviously." She turned back around to pay but I hit the card from her hand, making it fall on the counter and handed the lady my own.

"She always insists on paying, even when I tell her I am." I smiled at the lady and wrapped my arm around Mbali's waist, nuzzling my face into the crook of her neck. Her body tended and a nervous laugh came from her lips.

"Cute." The lady smiled and swiped the card before handing it back to me. "You picked some of our best smelling perfumes. Many women come back for more because men love it so much." She put her things into the bag and handed me the receipt before walking out the store.

"I'm gonna need you to relax with the unnecessary PDA. We need boundaries." Mbali spoke when we walked down the street, heading back to the hotel.

"I just initiate what you never have the balls to start." I shrugged.

"Excuse me? I never have the balls to start?"

"I didn't stutter. You obviously always want to, but you don't act it out. Me on the other hand? I don't give a fuck."

"Obviously." She muttered. "Can we stay in when we get back to the hotel? I don't wanna go back out."

"Fine by me. It's gonna rain again anyway and a night is getting tired of walking up and down these long as streets. I'm gonna get your ass a little bit more cultured to. Gonna watch some movies and just relax."

"What movies?"

"I doubt you even know what Friday is. So we can definitely start there and work our way to Love and Basketball. Fucking classics."

_______________________
CHAPTER UNEDITED
_______________________

This took too long to post so go ahead.
Drag me 😂

A lowkey filler for the next chapter even though Mbali spilled slight tea on her life.

Erik's nose is on some interesting shit 👀

Y'lan and Sage are lit.

Double update?

| VOTE & COMMENT |

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 2.9K 35
O. ❝ okay, okay, i can do this. i'm- in love with you. . . . wait, fuck! unsend that! ❞ ❪ male oc / michael b. jordan ❫ social medi...
1.1K 21 21
Even though our Vibranium Business has been running up, & gaining customers, little do we know that we put ourselves in danger, & our Wakanda Adventu...
55K 1.8K 30
"𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤𝙤" 𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩, 𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘢 𝘈𝘩𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘴�...
30.5K 820 18
Mowi T'tumba Imca aka Tumba. Sister to N'jadaka aka Erik Killmonger Daughter of N'jobu That's what she thought DISCLAIMER: I do Not own any charact...