To Love *The Maze Runner/Newt...

By Bri1432

"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how well you lived, and how gracefully you let go... More

To Love
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Newt's Pov)
Chapter 6
*NOT AN UPDATE*
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
QUESTION TIME
Chapter 11
Please Read
Chapter 12 (Newt's Pov)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
To Love: Playlist 1
Chapter 15: Prologue Part 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Newt's Pov)
To Love: Playlist 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
~Important Info~
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
To Love: Playlist 3
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
To Love: Playlist 4
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
To Love: Playlist 5
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sneak Peek
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
To Love Yourself.

Chapter 5

28.9K 725 1.7K
By Bri1432

"Now normally Nick does this tour klunk, but he's once again not on time," Victoria rolled her eyes, her hand on the flagpole. She had been twirling around that thing for about ten minutes. My stomach was uneasy just watching her, "So while we wait, why don't you tell me something about yourself." She stopped her movement and looked at me waiting for me to answer.

"Um," I paused. What do I say? "There's not much to me, I guess."

"Oh please, like I believe that."

"What do you wanna know then?" I sighed, slightly frustrated. I've basically been alive for two days. My favorite color hasn't been the first thing on my mind.

"What type of guys is a stick like you interested in?" She asked her voice slow.

A stick? Wow, I didn't know I was part of a tree now.

I lifted my eyebrow and gave her the most confused look I could muster, "What kind of question is that?"

"Answer it."

"Why?" What the heck was up with this girl?

"Because I have to make sure that you, don't try to go after any of the guys that are already taken."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not interested in any guys right now, so I shouldn't be in your way."

Victoria laughed, "Shuck, I don't care who you like. It's not me that has a problem."

"A problem? I literally got here a couple days ago and I've only spoken to like five people. Who could have a problem with me already?"

"Well, I'm not supposed to say anything, but I think I can trust you, so," She sighed, "A lot of girls fancy the runners and it seems that you've already captured the interest of the keeper and his sidekick," She was whispering to me.

My eyes flicked left and then at her again.

"I know it's weird. But Andrea overheard Newt and Minho talking about the 'newbie.' And see them over there," Victoria pointed to a group of about five girls, sitting against a couple trees, "They've been here longer than you have, so it's just basically a law that they get first pick on the guys."

I moved my hand back and forth, motioning for Victoria to come closer to me, "Hate to burst your bubble and all, but I don't like anyone."

"Not yet," She gave me a smug grin, "But let me tell you, I hear Newt's a great kisser." She giggled like a young schoolgirl before flipping her hair over her shoulder. For some reason her statement irritated me.

"I don't care about his kissing abilities."

"Good, because he's taken. Girls are really into his whole accent thing."

"I bet." I said giving her a tight smile, "How do you know so much about everything?"

"Word goes around pretty quickly in the glade, I'd be careful who you talk to."

I narrowed my eyes, before moving my line of vision back over to the group of girls. They were giving me quick glances while dramatically talking in a hushed circle. This act reminded me of something children would do.

Please. I'll talk to whoever I want.

"That's good to know." I muttered sarcastically.

"Just don't come cryin' to me when you start makin' more enemies than friends." She turned around quickly, almost whipping me in the face with her hair, before skipping away, "Talk to you later! Be cautious with that bum leg of yours!"

Alright, I will.

I don't even have time for friends. I need to figure out why I'm here, get some information on how to escape, and then hopefully never have to talk to or see these people ever again.

I rolled my eyes, for what felt like the hundredth time today. How could I like someone already? Who does Victoria think I am?

Come on, nobody's even attractive here.

Okay, maybe that was a force.

But still.

"Alright, Newbie, lets get this tour over with."

I turned around to see, an irritated Nick and an awkward looking Alby, standing a few feet behind me. Nick gestured for Ably to begin.

"First off, we'd just like to wel-" Alby started with a smile.

Nick coughed, directing his eyes up to the sky.

"I'd just like to," Alby said correcting himself, "Officially welcome you to the glade!" Alby nodded his head, looking to Nick for approval.

Nick crossed his arms over his chest, before raising his eyebrows, impatiently waiting for Alby to continue, "We don't have all day."

"I know," Alby said quietly before continuing in a happy cheerful voice, "Here in the glade we have three simple rules. Rule One-"

"Do your part and I might not feed you to the grievers." Nick said gruffly, a smirk forming on his lips.

"Yes, more or less, that is our buggin Number One Rule. Listen and do your part, and you'll fit in nice an' well."

"Rule Two: don't harm another glader. Ever. Without my say, no fights will be startin' here."

"Harming another glader would result in a council vote between time in the slammer or even banishment." Alby informed me.

"What's banishment?" I asked.

"No questions until the end of the tour-" Nick started, before he was cut off by Ably.

"It's when a glader commits an unforgivable crime. They then get sent out into the maze at night. Banishings always result in death. Ain't no surviving out there with the grievers."

"Don't ever interrupt me again, Alby," Nick said giving the boy a cold glare. He quickly returned his attention back to me, "So now that we got the rules out of the way, let's begin the tour."

Nick walked forward, bumping into my shoulder as he pushed by.

"If you're gonna be like that-" I mumbled, hoping my leg wouldn't start hurting again. I had been immediately rushed out of that 'homestead' place after my nap, Jeff promising that I wouldn't need pain medicine again.

I think he just didn't want me to be late.

"Nick," Alby called after him.

"What is it Alby?" Nick asked, without turning around.

"I think you may have forgotten about a rule." Alby fumbled through the papers attached to the clipboard he'd been holding.

"And what would that rule be?" Nick asked sarcastically, "You know maybe I should just let you do the tours from now on."

Alby took on a look of concentration, eyes searching for whatever Nick had missed. "Aha, here it is. It's the rule about not leavin' the glade."

"I skipped that one on purpose, my young apprentice," Nick turned around, to face us again, "Does she look like the type to run away?"

"Well, I don't see the harm in tellin' her the ru-"

"I skipped that rule for the same reason I'm going to skip the part of the tour where we talk about the runners."

"I want the whole tour." I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Nick, what's this about?" Alby asked walking past me to where Nick stood.

"If I'm gonna be stuck here, I at least want to learn about what's going on out there." I pointed to one of the four large openings in the walls.

"I only talk about runners, to potential runners." Nick said putting his hands on his hips.

"I could be the best runner here, and you wouldn't even know." I still wasn't exactly sure what this 'runner' person did, but I do think it's unfair to withhold the information from me.

"You hear that Alby? Girl, wants to be a runner!" Nick laughed, slapping Alby on the back.

"I never said-"

"No, no, no. I apologize for being so judge mental. If you want to be a runner then, shuck, it's common curtesy to give you a shot."

"We don't let newbies become runn-" Alby started, giving Nick a weird look.

"Shut up, Alby. Let the greenie have a chance." Nick walked forward until he was only about a foot away from me.

Whatever the distance, he was too close.

"A girl runner. Not something you see everyday." He tilted his head.

I caught something in Nick's tone of voice that told me he wasn't planning on letting me be a runner. And to be perfectly honest, the idea didn't sound too appealing to me.

Runner.

Running.

Run.

That sounds like a lot of physical activity for someone with a bad leg.

But I couldn't back down now. Not with Nick staring intently at me. His brown eyes cold, in contrast to his bright smile. He was testing me. I don't know why or how, but he was. He was memorizing my reactions.

"When do I start?" I said.

"Well whenever you want," Nick continued to look at me, "See, Alby? This is the kind of attitude our glade's been needin."

Alby muttered something to himself about Nick always freaking out the newbies.

"All we need to get you are new shoes, some paper, a knife. Oh, a big knife, kinda like the one that sliced your leg. Gotta fight them grievers somehow."

In that moment, it finally occurred to me, that when I said hasty words like this, I might just be signing up for a death wish.

"What exactly does a runner do?" I asked, my eyes shifting to the grass.

Nick laughed, "See. That's my point. Newbies ain't runners."

"I still wanna try," I said attempting to regain my dwindling confidence, "Just after the tour is over."

"Alright, sounds like a plan. We'll test you once we're done yappin' on about life in this glade here," Nick clapped, taking a few steps backwards so he was standing next to Alby.

"We have a test for the run-?"

"Yes, Alby." Nick said forcefully, "For the last time, would you please let me handle things?"

"Whatever." Alby mumbled, beside Nick.

"Well, what are we waitin' for, we have a tour to get done with."

~~~~~~~

~~Author's Notes~~

^ I'm gonna start putting that once the chapter is over, because I was looking back on my previous parts, and it was sometimes confusing. Like I couldn't tell what was the chapter and what was just me blabbering away.

So yah.

Real talk for a second: Do people actually read authors notes or?

I didn't used to. oops.

But I do now! Because sometimes they're important and if you don't read them, you might miss me being really funny.

^probably not but still.

By the way, I'm only going to say who's Pov it is, if the chapter isn't in Brianne's pov.

I hope that made sense.

Little side note, I kind of picture nick like Peter from divergent/Miles Teller. Not his appearance but his voice. If ya feel what I'm saying.

GOD MY AUTHORS NOTES ARE TOO LONG

TTYL BYEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 10.9K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...
110K 807 46
Basically a bunch of imagines with the Maze Runner characters. Such as Thomas, Newt, Minho, & Gally. Some cute, fluff, or smut. Depending on what yo...
16.7K 305 30
Newt X fem. Reader TW!!!: mentions of self harm, suicidal thoughts and rape/attempted rape All around violence Horrible description of story: You're...
2.6K 68 22
"𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣, ℂ𝕝𝕖𝕞. 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕪 ℕ𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣." After escaping the terrors of the Maze, Clementine and h...