My Man, My Admirer (Cake Fanf...

By surfingcake

Calum Hood, the bassist from the rock band "5 Seconds of Summer" has feelings for the lead singer of the band... More

My Man, My Admirer || Cake Fanfiction
Chapter 1 - What's wrong with Luke?
Chapter 2 - Accidental Love Letters
Chapter 3 - Secrets and Lies
Chapter 4 - Confessions
Chapter 5 - Because it Benefits Me
Chapter 6 - Too Confused
Chapter 7 - Who's my Man?
Chapter 8 - Mr. Confident
Chapter 9 - #CakeLL
Chapter 10 - Bound to L.A.
Chapter 11 - Breaking His Heart
Chapter 12 - I Do
Chapter 14 - Movies & Cuddles
Chapter 15 - It's Not Stress
Chapter 16 - We're Brothers
Chapter 17 - The Truth
Chapter 18 - Surprise Lucas
Chapter 19 - Not a Perfect Christmas
Chapter 20 - Redoing Christmas
Chapter 21 - Back at it Again
Chapter 22 - Tour Bus
Chapter 23 - Stay Safe, Please
Chapter 24 - Running Away
Chapter 25 - Soon
Chapter 26 - Nothing But Awkward
Chapter 27 - Raining on the Rooftop
Chapter 28 - Second Chances
Chapter 29 - Reunion Plans
Chapter 30 - Doubts and Questions
Chapter 31 - Perfect Two
Chapter 32 - Back Home
Chapter 33 - 12:00 AM
Chapter 34 - A Night to Remember
Chapter 35 - Mobbed
Chapter 36 - Under The Sea
Chapter 37 - Daniel and Chris
Chapter 38 - Dogsitting Pt.1
Chapter 39 - Dogsitting Pt.2
Chapter 40 - Dogsitting Pt.3
Chapter 41 - National Anthem
Chapter 42 - Dream Big Luke
Chapter 43 - Dream Big Calum
Chapter 44 - Dream Big Ashton
Chapter 45 - Dream Big Michael
Chapter 46 - Mess Up
Chapter 47 - Red & White Dye
Chapter 48 - Replacement
Chapter 49 - Livestream
Chapter 50 - New Beginnings
Epilogue (and more)

Chapter 13 - The Library of Love

7.1K 220 181
By surfingcake

Heyyoo.

Thank you for the all your reads and votes.

Please add this to your libraries, it'll be long.

Weekend update 'cause ur all special.

Enjoy, ok? ok.

--

(Calum's POV)

It was the next day, around 2:00. The boys and I had just finished lunch and we were walking downtown. We all planned to explore downtown L.A., but Luke and I lost Michael and Ashton. Curse them and their fast feet. Little did I know, Luke had something else in plan. He pulled me towards a dark alleyway.

"Luke," I laughed nervously, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, um, taking you somewhere." He smirked. "It's not dangerous, trust me."

"Don't you think we should get Ashton and Michael so we could all get murdered together."

"Trust me Cal, it's safe." He laughed.

Luke stopped at a scratched black door. There were words on the door, clearly saying to not enter. Was he out of his mind!

"I think we should go back to the hotel." I mumbled, backing away from the door.

"No, we shouldn't." Luke said, clicking the door open. "Come on Cal, don't you trust me?"

"Yes." I groaned.

He held the door open for me, but I shoved him in first. "Have you ever been here before Luke."

"Whenever we stop by L.A., this is always somewhere I stop."

He paused and his hands searched the walls, trying to find a light switch. When I saw a black switch, I took Luke's wrist and placed his hands it. He flicked the light on and from what I saw, my new life lesson is to never trust Luke.

"Luke it's a nice place," I started, "but, a library! Luke, I thought I was done with school!"

Luke rolled his eyes. "Come on Cal, it's a nice thinking place."

"Literally."

"Whatever Calum, I thought you'd appreciate it. Your the first person I've shown this to. Let's go." Luke groaned and headed towards the door.

"No Luke, come back. I wanna stay." I said. That's a shock.

Luke silenty walked back and sat on a brown polished table. He looked at me sternly, knowing that I didn't like this place, but stayed for some reason. I shrugged and sat next to him on the table.

"All those words in these books, describe my life." He mumbled, pulling a book out of the shelf, and pointing at the words. "Happy, sad, depressed, excited, angry, and-"

"Stressful." I continued, pointing at the title of the book. He looked at me in disbelief, like he didn't think I would understand. Of course I understood, little did he know, I lived the same way.

"Y-yeah stressful." He managed to say in disbelief.

"Your such a dork." I laughed, punching him lightly on the shoulder. He laughed with me and breathed in deeply.

"I know."

"Luke it was a joke." I said lowly. "I'm sorry."

"Cal, I brought you here to show you something else. Come here." Luke said, completely ignoring what I said. He dragged me to the first shelf, which was leaned against the wall.

"Another shelf?"

"No, don't act stupid." Luke whispered. He went to the right side of the bookshelf and pushed it over to the side. Once he did, a gray door was revealed. Luke put his hands in his pocket and found a set of red keys. He unlocked the door and turned to me.

"Cal, don't tell anyone I showed you this. Not Ashton, Michael, or your family. Please don't." Luke rushed. "I appreciate the library and all, but what's behind this door is what I wanted to really show you."

I responded to Luke by shutting my lips and forming them in a thin line. He smiled back at me and opened the door. Once we both entered, I didn't know why he would want to show me this, but it was really beautiful.

It was a large room, full of hundreds of flowers and a waterfall coming down into a glass pit facing the enterance. There was also a small desk towards the back of the room with pens and papers scattered all over it.

"Luke, this looks amazing. How'd you find it?"

"I was walking, the exact same street and someone pulled me in from the side. I looked up to see a girl, a little older than I was. She asked me what is love?" Luke said. "I told her I don't know for sure because I've only loved one person. The girl led me into the library, showed me this room and tossed the keys."

"That doesn't explain why she showed you this." I said confused.

"Cal, she told me her Grandmother owns this place. It's public, but no one knows where it is, so it's private for her. She told me, when I'm older, come back to this spot and tell me what love is. Do whatever you want to this place to help you out. I decorated it, every time I visited. The thing is, I was too late. She moved up, towards where we stayed a few days ago and she never told me anything again. I thought seventeen was a good age to come back, but I guess not."

I thought about it for a second, but Luke interrupted my thoughts.

"I was supposed to come back and tell her what love was, and how I decorated this place to show what love was, but-"

"Luke! You've talked, a lot." I mentioned. "Tell me, what do each of these things mean."

"Ok, well you see. The flowers represent the amount of times I thought about the person I love. There are more, upstairs. It's kind of like showing off my garden." Wait, haven't I heard that before. 

"And this," He said pointing at the waterfall, "represents the fact that I can barely sleep. I never stay still, I'm always moving because of how better reality is than what I dream about." I've heard that too, haven't I.

"What's the desk here for?" I questioned, still thinking about how Luke explained the other objects with so much feeling.

"It's just a desk. I sit, write, read, and mostly think there." He mumbled.

I smiled at Luke and put an arm over his shoulder. He looked at me and smiled right back. "Why did you share this with me Luke?" I asked.

"Because, I trust you."

"I think I like libraries now." 

"Good." Luke mentioned. "Stay here while I answer this call from Ashton. He and Michael finally realized that we were gone."

Luke walked out of the door and answered Ashton's call. I sat down in the brown chair by the desk and took out the letters in my pocket. I was right. When Luke explained his objects, they were similar to the words in the notes. It's just a coincidence. I bet these are just popular quotes.

I looked up at the ceiling, apologizing to whoever wrote me these letters and shoved them back in my pocket. Just as I did that, Luke came back and lifted me onto his back. 

"Where ar-"

"I told Ashton we were back at the hotel and uhm-"

"WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! LET'S GO!"

With that, Luke and I ran down the streets and back towards the hotel. We made it back just in time to catch our breathes before Michael and Ashton came back. We collapsed on the bed and I sighed.

"Tell me Luke, why'd you really take me there."

"Because Cal, I'm still sorry from yesterday." He whispered.

"I told you, Lukey. I forgive you." I snickered at the nickname. "Take me back sometime, yeah?"

"Anytime."

(Michael's POV)

Ashton and I rushed back to the hotel as quickly as possible. We literally thought that they were behind us the whole time. Now we thought that they were dead.

"Geez, Mikey we're so stupid." Ashton laughed. "Luke told me they lost us and went back to the hotel."

"I know." I said, catching my breath when we entered the elevator. "They either went running off or got lost in the crowd."

Once we arrived upstairs we busted through our hotel room door. Luke was sat at the table, his hair wet from showering, and Calum was currently in the shower.

"Hi." Luke said, not paying attention to us at all.

"LUCAS WE THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE DEAD!" Ashton screamed. Luke flinched at the tone of his voice, but laughed it off.

"Guys, we just stayed at the hotel and walked around. No big deal." Ashton shrugged at what Luke said and walked over to our bed and layed down. I looked at Luke, who was focused on writing something. Another letter?

"Luke, are you deaf or did you hear what Calum said about the letters yesterday." I whispered.

"Don't worry Michael," he started, "This is my last letter to him. It's going to take a long time to write. Not because it's long, but because it's meaningful."

I smiled at Luke's words and ruffled his quiff. He pushed me back jokingly and fixed his hair. He then went back to writing his letter. I would kill to have a girl do that for me.

- Small Time Skip -

As the four of us were about to head to sleep, Calum suggested to go to the movies tomorrow. We all mumbled a yes before dozing off. Once everyone was actually tired, Luke's phone rang.

"Luke, tell your phone to shut up." Ashton complained. The three of us were now wide awake and Luke still looked too sleepy to deal with his phone, but he picked it up anyways.

"Hello?" Luke whispered, rubbing his eyes.

"Luke? What is love? Come tomorrow. I knew you'd be back." the female voice said.

"It's you? Isn't it? The girl I met when I was sixteen?" He said, smiling.

"Yeah, and do you remember my name?" She giggled.

"Of course! I still follow you on twitter. Amayra!"

Ashton and I stopped listening to their conversation. I choked on my spit and we stared at each other long and hard. Calum still seemed interested when they were talking, but he wasn't jealous. I'm still assuming that Calum likes Luke back, he's just a little clueless.

"Tomorrow at 1:30? I can do that. My mates and I are going to see a movie tomorrow night so that's perfect."

"Cool. My parents are driving me down to L.A.. Long drive from the mountains, am I right?"

"Yeah, see you then."

"Bye Lucas."

After that, Luke shut his phone and looked up at Ashton and I. Calum laughed at us, and I did not understand exactly why.

"You guys are so pale, what got in your pants and couldn't get out?" Calum giggled. Luke laughed along with Calum. Ashton looked like he was about to pass out, so I slapped him in the face.

"She's a rumour spreader." Ashton mumbled.

"She's a what?" Luke asked.

"She almost ruined your guys's cakeness on twitter."

Luke and Calum glanced at each other for a while in confusion, as I whispered to Ashton in complete disappointment.

"Calum doesn't know yet about the love letters. Stop talking." 

Ashton immediately shut his mouth as Luke glanced back at me. "She's never ruined my life, she's only helped me figure it out." He mumbled.

"Tell me everything you know, Luke. No more secrets." I said sternly and Luke looked over to Calum in fear. Calum didn't respond so Luke just nodded towards me. As he was about to speak, I quickly cut in wanting to know more about Amayra.

"And how the hell do you know Amayra!"

--

Dun! Dun! Dun! She's back!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's a bit longer.

I JUST LOVE WRITING WHEN CALUM IS REALLY CLUELESS-

ALL THE TIME!

VOTE? SHARE? COMMENT? FOLLOW?

Thanks guys <33 Xx

When I get back to school, I'll do weekend updates.

But for now, Enjoy these kinds of updates! :)

BYE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 720 32
Reagan Marie Garcia and Lillian Rosewood were ordinary girls with their lives planned out. Go to school, get good grades, go to college, then finally...
410K 13K 28
As far as their fans know, Michael Clifford & Luke Hemmings are just 'bandmates', but they are so much more than that. Same goes for Ashton Irwin & C...
2.9K 105 16
I'm Riah Clifford, my older brother is Michael Clifford. Sound familiar? He's in a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer, otherwise known as 5SOS. His band...
3.7K 102 27
Calum Hood, bassist for up and coming Australian band 5 Seconds of Summer, can't believe his luck when he finds the girl of his dreams in a tattoo sh...