Baby Luca « Zarry

By zmelec

Harry is your average dental hygienist, he goes to work each morning and gets off around six o'clock. Only he... More

(before you read)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 12

80.3K 2.2K 1.5K
By zmelec

"It me burf-day, it me burf-day! Daddy, it me burf-day! Up, up! Open eyes daddy, it me burf-day!" Luca shouted at the top of his lungs as he bursted into Harry's bedroom, climbing his way up onto the bed and started bouncing around; repeating himself.

Harry peeked over at his alarm clock before he decided to let the toddler know he was awake, silently groaning when he realized it was six in the morning because it's not like Luca understood that Harry's been working doubles all week at work to afford today's festivities. So he sucked it up and rolled over, catching Luca mid-bounce and cuddled him.

"Morning bug, how's it feel to be four? You sprouting any hair anywhere?" He teased, laughing when Luca started checking his body for extra hair.

"Hair! I got hair!" Luca squealed, shoving his toes in Harry's face and pointed to the long strand of hair that was hanging off.

Harry laughed, pulling the loose hair off the toddlers foot and noticed it was one of his own hairs that was probably loose in the bed and Luca picked it up when he crawled onto the bed. "Nope, looks like you're still my hairless little baby."

"I no baby, daddy." Luca protested, furrowing his brows together because he was four now. Which means he's no longer a baby because babies are tiny and he's growing big.

Harry lifted him up and set him down on his abdomen, "Luca you'll always be my little baby, I don't care how old you are."

Luca laid down on Harry's chest, giving him a big hug and continued to lay on top of him. "You and Gem, nana's babies?"

"Always." He smiled, kissing the top of the toddlers head and held him securely as he got up with the toddler attached to his chest.

Luca giggled, "You big baby, daddy."

Harry laughed as well, maneuvering Luca around in his arms and cradled him; tickling the giggly toddler until he was squealing.

"Stop, stop! I go pee!"

He set him down, watching him run towards the bathroom, already pulling down his pajama bottoms before he had even reached the bathroom.

Harry followed behind to see if Luca needed any help but when he walked in, Luca covered his little bum cheeks and nearly pee'd all over the wall trying to hide his privates.

"Go out daddy!" He shouted angrily, trying to recover from the startle and finish his potties without someone overlooking.

Harry covered his eyes, "Alright, alright, I'm sorry. I just wanted to see if you needed help, I'll go start breakfast."

"I big boy, don't need help daddy." Luca informed, fussing when Harry didn't leave right away. "Go way."

"Okay, wash your hands once you're done and close the lid to your potty." He laughed.

The toddler glared at him over his shoulder, frustrated Harry wasn't leaving fast enough because it was extremely difficult for Luca to cover his private areas while trying not to pee anymore. "Daddy, go."

Harry laughed as he left the bathroom, closing the door halfway and went to go make something for Luca's birthday breakfast but before he even got started on anything, the door buzzer was going off.

"Door daddy!" Luca shouted at the top of his lungs, doing his usual announcement when someone was at the door.

He shook his head smiling to himself as he went to answer the door, and was a bit more than a little confused when he saw a delivery guy standing outside with door with an oversized brown box.

"Harry Styles?" The man spoke, checking the digital screen in his hands.

"Um, yeah?" Harry eyed the box, trying to think if he had ordered anything online lately or was expecting anything from his mum or sister but came up blank.

He poked around on his screen then turned it towards Harry to sign, "Can you sign here please?"

Without thinking Harry was mindlessly signing for who knows what, "What's this for?"

"Sir I don't know, I just deliver packages and ask for signatures." He laughed.

"Oh," he murmured, stepping back and watched the guy wheel the oversized box into his entryway and set it down. "Well do you know where it's coming from? Because I haven't ordered anything lately."

The man checked his tablet again, poking around and then nodded to himself. "Dye Precision, Inc."

Harry furrowed his brow, not recognizing the company. "What's that?"

He shrugged, "Sir I really just deliver the packages I'm assigned, I don't know what's inside them." He smiled sympathetically, "Have a nice day sir, enjoy your package."

Harry watched him wheel his cart dolly back towards the large truck, glancing at the package that was now sat in his entryway and closed the front door. He looked the box over some more, noting that it said fragile in multiple different places but was still clueless as to what was inside and slightly hesitant to open it and find out.

"Ooo, what in there? It for me?" Luca questioned, pressing his ear to the box and tried to listen. "It me burf-day, daddy."

Harry smiled at the toddlers questions, "Yes I know it is but I have no idea where this came from so we aren't going to touch it until after breakfast."

Luca pulled away, holding his hands up in the air and backed up a few steps. "I no touch, daddy."

"Good boy," he praised as he scooped him up and carried him into the kitchen.

They settled with having Luca's favourite cereal, Harry let him have a second bowl even though it was complete sugar and the toddler would be bouncing off the walls but it was his birthday and the birthday boy should get what he wants for at least twenty-four hours or so.

Harry bypassed opening the box again, convincing Luca he needed to bathe and get dressed for the day because they were having his birthday at the park and they needed to get going soon.

They left without opening the box, Harry had managed to drag it away from the centre of the hallway and placed it against the wall so it wasn't in the way anymore. He was extremely cautious since he still hadn't the slightest idea where exactly it came from, especially since the company name was unfamiliar but loaded Luca and their things into the vehicle anyways.

"Papa come me burf-day, daddy?" Luca questioned after awhile in the car together, coming out of the blue with his question because neither of them have mentioned Zayn since Luca had his meltdown.

Harry frowned, glancing at him in the rearview mirror. "No, I don't think so baby."

"Okay." He mumbled, laying back against his car seat and kept his eyes on the window.

"But nana, Gemma and your friends from daycare are going to be at your party so that will be fun, yeah." Harry tried, wanting to cheer the toddler up and not let his worrisome thoughts get to him before they arrived at his party.

Luca smiled, "Yeah, fun, fun, fun. We play games?"

"Of course, there's going to be a mini carnival for you guys with lots of fun games and there's a bouncy house. I think nana even got her neighbor from down the road to bring his baby ponies so you all can take a couple rides on them." Harry smiled when Luca started cheering because this was the first time the toddler was hearing about what was going to be at his party, it had taken Harry weeks to get all the right permits and written permission from the parks and recreation people to have farm animals in the park but everything managed to come together in the end.

Harry had to save up a little more than four months rent to afford this party but he's been working extra hours to make up for the money, although the massive smile on Luca's face when they arrived was worth every last dime he spent pulling this together.

Once the toddler was unbuckled he hopped out of the vehicle before Harry could even catch him and took off running towards his awaiting party, everyone shouted happy birthday as Luca ran towards Gemma and latched onto her legs.

Luca was beyond happy, he was constantly laughing and smiling as he went around their blocked off area with his little daycare friends. Moving around in a group as they did activities like; ring toss, played a game with rubber duckies in a small pool and not to mention numerous other kid friendly games that were set up.

Harry could tell Luca enjoyed the pony rides the most because he rode four different times and still wanted to get back on, even asking for one but that was one thing Harry had to deny him. But the toddler was over it as soon as he got back on for another ride.

There were food venders set up around their area as well, which is where most of the adults sat at the picnic tables and watched the kids play. Some parents played along with their kids but as soon as they spotted the bouncy house, their toddlers were running off to go bounce around.

Everything was turning out better than Harry could've imagined, there were no issues with the farm animals, none of the kids were injured in the bounce house which was a miracle on it's own and Luca was happy.

Harry was talking with some of the parents when his phone started going off, he excused himself and walked away from everyone else because he had checked his caller I.D. and knew this phone call wasn't meant for anyone but himself to hear.

"Unless you're calling to tell me the truth, you better have a damn good reason to be calling right now." He snapped into the phone, already mad.

"No, I do. It's Luca's birthday and I wanted to see him." Zayn spoke softly, treading lightly with the topic.

Harry turned his back to the party, "Absolutely not, you will not ruin this day for him. No."

He sighed into the phone, knowing this was going to be difficult. "Well did you get the present? It was supposed to be delivered today and I wasn't sure if it came since you didn't call or anything."

"That's from you?" Harry furrowed his brow, "What is it, the delivery guy didn't know and I don't recognize the companies name. I didn't open it because who knows what could be inside it."

Zayn laughed, "It's a DM14 spring edition PGA."

"What the hell is that?" He glanced back at the party, spotting Luca crawling into the oversized bouncy house with Gemma two steps behind the giddy toddler.

"Um, don't get mad or anything but it's a paintball gun." Zayn paused a second, waiting for Harry to blow up but when he didn't be continued. "There's gear and stuff too, and targets and things."

Harry pinched the bridge of his nose, taking a deep breath because he couldn't react how he impulsively wanted since he was in public and didn't want to embarrass Luca or himself. "How old is Luca, Zayn?"

"Four?" His words sounded more like a question because he wasn't exactly sure where Harry was going with this, but he didn't like it judging by his tone.

"Very good, now how do you expect a bloody four year old to hold a gun that's twice his weight and not shoot his goddamn eye out?" He hissed into the phone, furious that Zayn even thought getting a toddler a paintball gun was an acceptable present.

"He can grow into it and I thought since it's something I like, he might like it too." Zayn murmured, knowing how ridiculous it sounded aloud.

"He's not you," he snapped. "I'll send you the thing and you can deal with it. I don't want that in my house, that's not an acceptable thing to give a toddler and it's dangerous."

"I'm trying," Zayn commented.

Harry sighed, "Not hard enough, Zayn. You trying would be telling me the absolute truth or at least deciding what is it that you want but you can't even do that."

"How long are you going to play that card with me?"

"Until you man up and tell me the whole truth, because I'm tired of being screwed over by you and not doing anything about it. I'm not your doormat anymore, I just can't do it again. Not with Luca in the picture."

"So you're saying that if Luca wasn't here, we'd be together still?" He hesitantly asked, knowing this was make or break whether it not he got to see Luca today.

"No, you're twisting my words. I wouldn't change anything between us except for me being stupid enough to fall in love with a straight man." Harry took a breath at the end of his words, trying to relax himself because this was getting out of hand when he should be focused on Luca and his party.

"Harry, I'm -"

"I should go. Luca's having his party right now and it's almost time to bring out his cake, I'll talk to you later maybe." He cut him off, wanting to end the conversation and keep his own emotions in check.

Zayn cleared his throat a few times, "Yeah, okay. Call me afterwards or tonight when Luca's in bed, I really want to have a serious talk with you. No yelling, no lies."

Harry could see Gemma chasing Luca around the bounce house, subconsciously hearing his giggles and smiled. "Sure."

"Will you tell him I said, happy birthday, and I promise I'll get him an appropriate gift." He added quickly, not wanting Harry to hang up before he got the chance to say anything.

"When I see him, sure." Harry paused a second, seeming like he was going to say something else and then shook his head. "Bye Zayn." He was already pulling the phone away and ending their call before he could hear Zayn's response, tucking his phone back into his pocket and smiled as he walked back towards the party and joined everyone else.

Acting as though nothing had happened, deciding not to mention Zayn's birthday message to Luca because he didn't want to risk upsetting the toddler.

But Harry knew deep down that regardless to what he told Luca, anything having to do with Zayn was going to be soft spot with the toddler and would always make him the tiniest bit unhappy because of the vile things he overheard his papa say.

_____________________________________

(authors note: I wish Luca could have his own little meet and greet, then everyone could cuddle him because ugh he's so adorable!

What did you think of Zayn's gift, and did Harry handle the Zayn situation properly or should he of let him come see Luca at his party?

p.s. I'd like to see more comments, you're all voting but you aren't commenting and that slows my updates.

Comment, comment, comment!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 3.1K 12
harry was just like any other boy his age. Sure he didn't have many friends but at least he had one. One friend was good enough for him. He was happy...
64.3K 4.8K 41
Harry, a highschooler, starts on another student's To-Do list and ends with his baby. *** Harry Styles was just a highschool nerd who prided himself...
85.2K 6.5K 39
Harry, age 25, learns love when he meets Zayn, age 39, while working for a grocer. 25 year old Harry Styles works for Greenwell Grocery as a delive...
34.6K 2K 39
Zayn Malik A young police detective from New York, who accidentally found a wounded young man in a dark, dirty alley, Like a normal person would do...