talk fast // calum hood

kristxn द्वारा

won't last, I'm okay with that // burn, crash, romance -basically a Calum fluff book with occasional smut and... अधिक

Playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Authors note

28

5.9K 91 20
kristxn द्वारा

Teagans pov

I wake up with an overwhelming feeling of chill bumps rising on my skin, paired with Calum's warm lips pressing gentle kisses down my neck and shoulders. He's woken me up like this numerous times, and it definitely never gets old.

From my spot in the bed, I can see the light of dawn coming through the curtains so I roll over to go back to sleep. "No Teagan get up, let's go for a run. You said it was really pretty. Pleaassee."

Calum pulls me back to him and uses his hand on my chin to force me to look at him.

"You kept me up all night and now you want me to get up and go for a run with you?" I grip the covers in between my fingers and pull them up over my head.

"Yes, I do because you're my amazing girlfriend that does whatever I want like 80% of the time. Today is our second to last day, we have to make the most of it." Calum ducks under the covers and kisses my cheek.

"Fine, I'll do it if we can rent bikes and ride around the island later." I challenge him, knowing he's said no to the bikes thing at least twice already.

"Okay okay, let's get up then."

I pull him back to me to give him a kiss before I sit up and throw the covers off of me. My workout clothes aren't hard to find and I throw my hair up in a ponytail. Calum was taking forever to pee, I swear every morning when he first wakes up he pees for a solid six minutes.

"Okay let's go, we can do the shorter trail if you want." Calum comes out of the bathroom in basketball shorts and tennis shoes but no shirt.

"You're not going to wear a shirt?" My eyebrows lift in a questioning manner and he shrugs.

"I don't feel like hanging a sweaty shirt to dry before I put it back into my suitcase. Plus, I have a rocking bod." He smirks and lets his hands travel down his torso.

"Exactly, someones going to snatch you away from me." I tease, sticking my tongue out at him.

Cal shakes his head and lets out a chuckle, "Never would that ever happen, baby girl."

I turn away from him and start towards the door so he can't see the blush on my cheeks. He's soon falling in step with me as we make our way to the trail.

+++

My hands are at my elbows as I hold my arms over my head to catch my breath. Cal places his hands on his knees and hunches over. He always does this even though I know he's smart enough to know better.

"Man, that kicked my ass. I didn't run the hills the other day I just walked them." I grin and he nods with me.

"I'm kind of excited to get back to a regular workout routine, being this out of breath sucks." Calum finally stands up and swings his arms back an forth to stretch them out.

"The breakfast bar opens in a few minutes do you want to go get coffee?"

"I need a shower, the butler can bring us coffee." Cal waves his hand in a motion to tell me we're leaving and I follow after him.

When we get back to our room the butler is already waiting there for us with a whole thermos of hot coffee and a pitcher of iced coffee. Calum takes it and thanks him before we disappear inside. He immediately goes to turn on the hot shower and I get out a mug to pour myself some coffee.

While Cal is in the shower I change clothes and then I take the fluffy comforter from the bed to the couch and make myself cozy. Its still early, Calum wouldn't want to go bike riding until later.

I stretch out on the couch and sip my coffee while I scroll through Netflix to pick something to watch. Nothing looks very good and I get frustrated with looking for so long. The controller falls to the floor but I don't bother leaning down to pick it up, I wasn't going to watch anything anyway apparently.

"What's wrong baby?" Cal brings the tray with the coffee to the table in front of the couch and lifts up the comforter so he can sit next to me.

"There's nothing on Netflix to watch," I groan and throw my head back against the cushion.

"Oh what a hard life you have. Let's just watch this, I heard its good."

I open one eye to see the tv show on the screen titled, "The Worlds Most Extraordinary Homes".

"Is this the kind of TV you watch all the time?"

"You bet." Calum chuckles and I shake my head.

"Okay let's watch it. I bet you secretly wish you would've been an interior designer and not in a band." I giggle as he presses play.

"The thought may have crossed my mind a few times."

"You'd miss the boys too much." I lean over to lay against his chest.

"I could follow them around and find cool houses for them to stay in as they traveled to different countries," Calum says without looking away from the screen.

I shrug. The band wouldn't ever be the same without Cal, or without any of them. All four of them being best friends and enjoying each others companies is what made it work so well.

The first house in the show is a house made from parts of an old airplane, which Calum thinks is so cool. "I want to build something cool like that one day."

I wasn't too interested in the show itself but watching Calums face light up when he sees something he likes was 100% worth sitting through it. After six or seven episodes he finally turns it off.

"Okay, ready for those bike rides now?"

He gets up off the couch and pulls me up with him. "I think I'm just going to wear a swimsuit, we can swim afterward right?"

"Yeah baby whatever you want to do," Cal hums and I smile. On top of my suitcase sits a cheeky black one piece but I decided to go with it anyways. I take my hair down from its messy ponytail and use the hair dryer to give it some volume.

Calum has my sunglasses in hand as I stuff my feet into my shoes and follow him out into the hallway. We find the bike rentals hut and pay for two bikes, they're both white. They give us a little-pre-set GPS that will take us on a loop around the island but there's always a guide making the loop to help anyone that needs it.

"How long has it been since you've ridden a bike, Calum?" I ask as we push off and start to peddle out of the gates of the resort. He looks like he's wobbling a little bit.

"I can't even remember, probably a long fucking time." He laughs and our GPS tells us to take a right. There's a bike lane but we don't use it unless we hear a car coming. Calums wobbles go away as we continue, the island is really aesthetically pleasing. Every wall is either while or a turquoise color, it all seemed to match the theme of the resort. There wasn't much outside the gates of the resort though, so maybe it was all owned by the same people.

It would be so much fun to live on an island full time, and I say this to Cal but he just shakes his head. "The power source isn't always reliable and the cost of living is a lot higher, you'd be better off just living on the shores of Mexico or somewhere off Florida."

"Okay, Mr. Know It All I won't ever imagine anything as fun again." I stick my tongue out at him and he flips me off.

I look ahead and there's a guy in a bright red shirt that majorly contrasts from everything around us heading for us. He has on a shirt that says "BIKE GUIDE".

"Hey what is up!! You guys look like you're having a lot of fun, come on let me take a picture for you." His accent is thick, a little like a Jamaican but I know the man at the front desk told us a lot of people mistake them for Jamaican people when they aren't.

"Sure man, here's my phone." Calum pulls his phone from his pocket and hands it to him. We pose for a few before we feel like we got some good ones and he asks us how we've liked the scenery so far.

"Oh it's a gorgeous island, we're going home the day after next and I'm going to miss it so much." I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Island life is a good life, I love my job. I can't think of anything else I would want to be doing."

I glance over at Calum and he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, well we better get going so we can finish our loop. Thanks for taking our picture bro, " Cal fist bumps him and he waves as he peddles off.

"I don't want to hear it," He grumbles before he starts peddling and leaves me in the dusk, giggling to myself.

+++

The sun was setting and the beach had such a pretty glow to it. Calum and I were laying in a hammock listening to the waves lap at the shore underneath us. We'd been here since we got back from our adventurous bike ride. It was super relaxing, just to lay here next to him.

Neither of us had said anything for a while, but it was peaceful and comfortable so there wasn't any need for words.

"I wish it could be like this forever." Calum sighs deeply, nestling further into the hammock. His fingertips are lightly tracing my skin and leaving goosebumps in their wake.

"Yeah, it's really pretty here," I say back, looking up at Calums face. Some emotion flicks across his face briefly but it's gone before I can question him.

The sun disappears over the horizon leaving us in the dim light of the lamps scattered across the beach.

"Calum, if I tell you I want to do something crazy will you do it with me?" My fingers intertwine themselves with his and I squeeze gently.

"I'll do whatever you want, T." Cal has so much adoration in his eyes it almost makes me want to melt.

"I want to get a tattoo before we leave here. Tonight preferably."

His eyes go wide but then his face distorts like he's thinking. "I can go ask around, you go get changed and I'll come get you when I have a plan."

My smiles grows wide and I let out a little squeal. "Are you serious? Oh my god, I'm so excited. Thank you so much, Cal."

I lean in and kiss him before I roll out of the hammock and he does the same. His smile is just as big as mine, "anything for you baby girl."

When I get back to the room I change into a white tank top with a lowcut back and some striped cotton shorts. Just as I pull my shoes back onto my feet and tie them the door opens and Calum comes in. 

"Okay, one of the guys that took us on the ATV trip knows a guy that can do it, and I asked a lot of questions to make sure it was legit. Are you sure you want to do this?" He steps over to me and leans his head on my shoulder from behind. One of his hands trails up and down my arm a few times. 

"Yeah, let's do it." I take a deep breath before I nod. 

"Okay, I'll be with you the whole time."

We leave our room and head back over towards the main lobby, Eric is waiting outside for us. 

"It's around back where the crew sleeps, we usually use the janitors shed. He uses an actual tattoo gun and clean needles though so don't worry." Eric points over his shoulder and motions for us to follow. 

Calum keeps an arm wrapped protectively around my waist the whole time we're walking. 

Eventually, we come up to a garage that already has the door open and the light on. There are lots of tools and cleaning supplies lining the walls, but in the middle sits a burly man in a dirty white tank top. He has on gloves and it looks like he's drawing something on a piece of paper.

"Hey, Coop, they're here." Eric points to us two and Coop gives us a small smile. 

"Pull up a chair, what are you wanting to get?" 

Cal pulls up two chairs and I sit in the one closest to Coop, Eric stands by the door. 

"I want it in between my shoulder blades at the base of my neck and for it to say 'I am mine before I am ever anyone else's'."

I don't look at Calum as I say it but I feel his emotion change. Coop starts writing the words in a very pretty cursive font and then he holds up the paper to show me. "Let me know if you want a different script or if the grammar is how you like it." 

I give Calum a quick glance before I say, "It's perfect."

Coop does a few more things to make the template and asks me to turn in my chair so he can put it in the right place. After I approve of it in a dirty and cracked mirror I sit back down and its time for him to start. 

"Do you want to hold my hand?" Calum asks and I nod. I've never gotten a tattoo before and I'm only a little nervous. Calum has plenty of tattoos, I wonder what his next one will be. 

"Okay, I'm going to start now, try to stay as still as you can. I'll fill in the letters as I go." 

He turns on the gun and the constant buzzing sound is way more intimidating than I previously thought. 

The first line felt pretty okay, but as he went on it felt more like a cat scratch that is really deep and way more intense. Shading was the worst part, I clinched Calums hand as hard as I could. "You're doing great baby." 

Cal leans in to press a kiss on my cheek as Coop finishes up the last two letters. He lets Calum take a few pictures of it before he places cling wrap over it and tapes it to my skin. "You can't swim or completely submerge or soak it for 4-6 weeks or until its completely healed. I would just leave it open after it stops bleeding for a few days. Apply non-scented lotion daily and don't pick at it when it starts to peel." 

I hand Calum my money so he can pay the guy and shake his hand before Eric leads us back through the path to the main part of the resort. 

"Thanks man, I appreciate it." Calum gives him some money also and he nods before leaving again. 

Once he's gone I turn to Calum and smile. "I did it! I actually got a tattoo. What is my mother going to think?"  

"I think she's going to like it. It fits you really well." He smiles back down at me and pulls me into a tight hug. 

"Mr. Hood, Ms. Tidwell, I was looking for you. It's time for your dinner reservation." We step apart to see one of our butlers standing there with a kind smile on his face. 

"Alright, lead the way kind, sir." Calum chuckles as we follow him to whatever restaurant Calum chose for us tonight. 

+++

kinleyy, lukehemmings, ashtonirwin, michaelclifford & 542,386 others liked this photo

calumhood: suns out buns out🍑🍑

teagantidwell: oh my god ur caption i hate u

lukehemmings: @teagantidwell join the club

lukehemmings, calumhood, michaelclifford, kinleyy & 45,021 others liked this photo

teagantidwell: first tattoo ✔ "i am mine before i am ever anyone else's"

kinleyy: did u rly get a tattoo in a different country

calumhood: @kinleyy no one said she was smart

teagantidwell: @kinleyy @calumhood i'm blocking both of u

+++++

i don't like the spacing of the insta posts but last time I didn't add the spaces it made it all weird so there u go

i am SO sorry it took me so long to update.

ELEVEN more chapters of this book before the sequel!! 

my heart is so full from all of your responses to this book and all the love you guys give it, 8,000 reads so far!! you're all so amazing i love u all

💕💕kristen

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

100K 1.4K 96
This book is on completed but I do update occasionally. •highest rank in fanfiction: #8•
40K 1K 18
A broken promise, can lead to a broken heart. A Calum Hood Fanfiction
130K 1.7K 63
•in which, after being used a fanfic, Maisie Turner never expected the popularity that followed• started: april 6th, 2019 ended: september 8th, 2019 ...
42.5K 1.2K 35
SEQUEL TO BROKEN Every time life seems to be going well something has to interrupt the fun, and this time hell is speeding towards Calum and Maddie l...