[MJ Fanfiction] Collide

Da BillieJean12

Have you ever wondered what would Michael Jackson's life look like if some events didn't happen to him? If he... Altro

Prologue
CHAPTER ONE - HIDDEN
CHAPTER TWO - GUILT
CHAPTER THREE - TRY
CHAPTER FOUR - JACKSON
CHAPTER FIVE - WHY?
CHAPTER SIX - DEJA VU
CHAPTER SEVEN - CONFESSION (Act I)
CHAPTER EIGHT - ACCEPTANCE
CHAPTER NINE - SEARCH
CHAPTER TEN - TOGETHER
CHAPTER ELEVEN - OPPORTUNITY
CHAPTER TWELVE - THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - SETTLED
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - THE COME BACK
CHAPTER FIFTEEN - THE START
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - CALL
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - HELLO?
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - SAFE
CHAPTER NINETEEN - FRIENDS
CHAPTER TWENY-ONE - TRUCE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - PREPARED
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE - NEVERLAND
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR - BACK TO BLACK
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - STAY
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX - EMERGENCY
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN - AWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT - APOLOGIZE
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE - SURPRISE
CHAPTER THIRTY - DIFFERENT WORLDS
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - ORDINARY PEOPLE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO - FAMILY
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE - HIS WORLD
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR - MAESTRO
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE - FOUND
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX - FAMILY THING
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN - BUTTERFLIES
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT - SERIOUS EFFECT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE - EVOLUTION
CHAPTER FORTY - CONFESSION (Act II)
CHAPTER FORTY ONE - (DIS)UNITED
CHAPTER FORTY TWO - SECRET
CHAPTER FORTY THREE - HELPFUL
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR - FRIENDSHIP
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE - LEARNING
CHAPTER FORTY SIX - SIBLINGS
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN - WITH YOU
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT - HAYVENHURST
CHAPTER FORTY NINE - JULY 1ST
CHAPTER FIFTY - NOVEMBER RAIN
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE - CHRISTMAS
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO - 1992
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE - PLAN
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR - JACK
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE - DR. BRIT
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX - REAL
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN - DINNER TO REMEMBER
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT - NEW PLAN
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE - TRIGGER
CHAPTER SIXTY - US vs THE WORLD
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE - MAKE A CHANGE
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO - PROTECTIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE - BIG DAY
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR - BROKEN
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE - MAY 16
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX - CHANGES
CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN - NATURAL
CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT - READY
EPILOGUE
"Motion"

CHAPTER TWENTY - RENDEZVOUS

2.4K 112 31
Da BillieJean12

I stayed frozen for some long seconds, totally speechless. I was used to seeing things when it came to Michael, but I didn't see that coming. It was pretty weird to have Michael Jackson call me on my work place, so I wondered why he did, and started to freak out on the inside. Was it the day everything started between him and I? Was it the moment we actually started the friendship I discovered in my visions?

As on cue, a piercing sound only I could hear came to my ears, and as I closed my eyes, I saw myself in front of giant golden gates on which was written Neverland. Animals were running everywhere on the property, and in the distance, I recognized Michael. There was like a blurred veil on the images I was seeing, which prevented me from having a distinct vision of them.

I didn't know how some visions could be clearer than others. Was it because the moment I was seeing was far away from the present moment? Or because Michael was far away from me, physically speaking?

So many questions were, again, left unanswered.

"Is this Hayley Thames?" Michael asked which tear me away from the chaos inside my head. I mentally slapped myself for being awkward again.

"Herself, yes," I said, trying to gain my composure back. I walked behind the desk and sat on the comfy leather chair. "Who's this?" I played dumb, I didn't want to seem too excited or just... weird.

"I—It's Michael Jackson," he announced in this soft voice of his, stammering a bit. "I am so, so sorry for bothering you at work, but I didn't have your phone number registered, so I figured I'd just call the hospital. Is it ok? I don't want you to think I'm the smothering kind of person—"

"Michael, everything is fine, don't worry," I reassured him. He seemed nervous, his voice sounded much higher than the night prior. "I'm just a little surprised... b—but happily surprised," I added quickly. "I didn't think you'd call back, to be honest," I sincerely admitted with yet another nervous giggle.

"I just—I hate the way I hung up yesterday. I had this melody in my head, a—and I needed to record it right away, and this is why I seemed so off and distracted. I wanted to apologize for this," he explained, and I could just feel how sincere his speech was.

"Oh, Michael," I giggled slightly. "This is so sweet of you to call back to apologize, but you don't have anything to apologize for. I get that you are a busy person, and I am honored that you give me some of your precious time by calling me. I was a bit distracted last night as well, and I gotta admit that I thought that you were running away from my awkward self," I snickered at myself, and Michael laughed back which got my smile wider.

"You're not awkward, you're funny," he told me once his laughter died down. "I was a bit scared that you—" he sighed and paused for a slit second, "ugh, that you'd think I'm weird, just like the press likes to point out."

"You're not weird," I immediately retorted. "Plus, I hate the way the media always stick their nose in everyone's business, so don't worry about this. I don't believe anything until I have proof right under my eyes."

"You have no idea how relieved I feel now you told me this," he giggled yet again, and I automatically smiled at the sound of it.

Every time I heard Michael giggle, it's like something was happening in my head, like he was able to put my mind at ease. He was the only person that had this effect on me, who was capable to make me forget about everything for an instant.

It is somehow difficult for me to explain what is going on in my head when I am near him, or when I can hear is voice. At the same time, he is the person who triggers these visions, these sounds in my head, but he is also the one who can calm me, soothe me. When things appear in my head, it's like someone is putting nails in my skull. I figured that all I have to do to make the pain go away is to think about Michael, and immediately, I feel like everything is going to be okay as long as he is there with me.

From all the flashes I had, I now knew I needed to save him for his future and what was to come his way. What if he was the one who could save me from mine as well?

"Hey um," Michael spoke again after a little silence. He seemed to be nervous all over again as his voice sounded unsure. "I was wondering if um—you know, as you are a pediatric doctor, if you would come over at Neverland?" he asked, and as I didn't answer, he elaborated. "We have a bunch of sick children coming from the Make A Wish foundation, and I just bought these hospital beds and medical supplies for them, and I was wondering if um—if you're free and if you don't have anything planned-- if you'd come to help me and my people settle everything? If you're busy, I would understand perfectly, I don't even know why I—"

"I'll come," I cut him off, and I instantly put my hand over my mouth. My eyes widened at my own answer. Once again, it's like I didn't control anything, like my mouth spoke without the approval of my brain.

"Really?" he asked, and he seemed utterly shocked. That made two of us. "I uh—I didn't think you would come, as you must be pretty busy at the hospital. I saw you work, you were running here and there all the time, I was exhausted just watching you," he chuckled, but stopped abruptly to add, "I—I'm not saying that I was staring at you the entire time I—I uh, I was just saying that I witnessed you work. That is all."

"I got that," I chuckled, trying to make his nervousness go away. "I'm going to need the details, though. Where is your property, and at what time do you need me there?"

"You... You have no idea where Neverland is?" he hesitantly asked me.

"Don't laugh but—," I sighed and rubbed my forehead as I grimaced in shame for what I was about to say, "I have no idea where that is. A few days ago I thought this was the place where Elvis Presley used to live."

"Really?" Michael asked, quite taken aback. I could tell by the tone in his voice. "Well that's a first," he giggled yet another time, but this time more serenely, like there wasn't any trace of nervousness in his demeanor anymore.

"I'm sorry," I snorted, feeling ridiculous. "I know, I'm probably the only person in the states to ignore where you live."

"Don't apologize, it's refreshing, to be honest," Michael told me, and I could hear the smile he had on through his words. "Most people know exactly where I am, or what I am doing, and sometimes it's quite hard to deal with."

"I can only imagine how—" I started my sentence but I was interrupted by Carl who was leaning on the reception's desk. He visibly needed to talk to me. "Excuse me a second," I gently told Michael on the other end of the phone. "Does someone need me?" I asked him, putting a hand over the transmitter so that Michael wouldn't hear our conversation.

"The kids are looking for you. Well, Kyle is. He said that he needed to tell you something important," my boss explained and I nodded, telling him I'll be fast. "Who's this?"

"It's none of your business, Meyers," I squinted my eyes at him, which amused him.

"So bossy, I like that," he wiggled his eyebrows, and I laughed at him, shaking my head from side to side. "Is this this Michael guy?"

At that precise moment I wondered why I invited him to stay over at my place for a while. I knew he would do something like that. But I was not going to make a fuss about it, so I just decided to laugh at his silly remarks. After all, Carl was fun to be around, making him my friend was one of the best ideas I had. 

"Go away, you snooper," I told him, throwing a pen I found on the desk in his direction. 

"Hey!" he protested, putting his hands in front of his face. "I'm gone, chill," he laughed, slowly walking away from me, "say hi to Michael from me, would you?" he said over his shoulder, insisting on his name, which caused me to playfully roll my eyes at him. 

I laughed, and watched him walk away to go back to the hall where the party was going on, "Michael?" I asked to check if he was still on the other end of the phone as soon as Carl was out of my sight.

"I'm still here," he announced, and I smiled yet again. "Is everything alright? I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I was keeping you away from Charlie's party."

"Don't worry about that, you're fine. I really need to go now, though," I declared with a hint of sadness in my words. "Apparently one of the kids has something important to tell me," I giggled slightly.

"Duty call, huh?" Michael asked, and I hummed in response. "Okay then, I'll send a car to your house on Saturday. Is 2PM okay for you?"

"You'll send... a car? To my house?"

"Uh yes, if that's okay with you? I figured it would be easier for you this way, but if you're not comfortable with—"

"No no, it's fine. I'm just not used to this," I laughed nervously. "Do you have a piece of paper and a pen to write my address down?" I gently asked, and gave him the address of the loft.

To be honest, this felt weird giving my address to a stranger. I mean, to a lot of people Michael Jackson was a superstar, an icon, someone barely real. This kind of person would have probably given him their address right away, thinking that they knew him enough to know that he was a good person.

In my case, things were different since I had an insight into Michael's future, but still, it did feel weird. We had just met, and we barely knew each other. Well, he barely knew me, that was for sure. But I decided to trust him, though. I decided to trust this connection we had.

"I'll see you in two days then, Dr. Brit," he used his nickname for me once again, which caused my smile to get wider. "Thank you for accepting. I can't wait to show you around Neverland. I hope the Presleys will be okay with that."

There was a very short silence until Michael burst into laughter, "I'm so sorry, I had to," he laughed some more, and I couldn't help but laugh along with him. His laugh was so infectious, and I had to admit that this joke was pretty funny, even though the aim was to make fun of me.

"Oh you want to play it that way? Fine then," I taunted, snickering. "I'll see you in two days, Mr. Jackson."

"Take care of yourself, Hayley," he said on a more serious note. "It was very nice chatting with you again."

"It was," I verified, nodding my head with an idiotic smile on my face. "Bye, Michael."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

10.7K 322 8
MJJ Imagine No. 20 A few moments in your imaginary life with Michael Jackson. This is the second Michael Jackson dream I've had, also a short dream...
10.1K 386 20
"It's me. I'm broken." // For Michael Jackson, life hasn't been all that it seemed-although, it was pictured that way. An upcoming album, a beautiful...
2.9K 109 29
Everyone knew not to mess with the past, but what if we could have another shot at life? To make the choices we weren't able to in our first? ~ Micha...
33.9K 1.2K 33
Carmella Blanchet has been given the opportunity of a lifetime. One that any person would love to have. She grows the motivation and the strength ove...