Only You | T.Holland

By AprilFellsword

Everyone's got an ex, most of which ended badly. Carter Evans has one. Except she has to see hers everyday. ... More

I had an apple
Makes his ass look great
Doesn't mean you can call me kid
I may have stolen the script from Chris
You said you wouldn't talk about my fat feet!
I am the most soberest girl in the whole world
Stop staring at my ass
Ha ha, funny that is
We're practically sick of your PDA
Crap, am I going to be fired
Chace Crawford is pretty hot
So, drinks?
It's practically fate
You get paid to follow Tom around
Ew, you know I don't like cheese
That's never good
This is multi tasking
It was meant to be a surprise
Wait, I didn't mean it
I was talking to the dogs, but hey Tom
Don't be cute. You're not cute
Why are you wearing a hair net?
Kinda creepy, I wont lie to you
So, I broke my nose
I'm sure Harrison is single
Call me that again
I choose to ignore it
I should hope so, we are engaged
Yeah, well, I'm freaking out
We upped the stakes
Like Vegas? How romantic
Because I'm sad
Keep outta my sex life
It was Max!
Oh, what did you do?
It was his idea!
Or have I just really misread everything?
I wish I could stop crying
Ever think maybe you should shut up?
For the record, Shmaptain Shmerica
You promise there will be cake?
Well, that was pathetic
Do all the pushing while you're at it
Why is naming babies so hard?
He doesn't 'got it'
I promise I'll stop the sex talk!
What an asshole
THANK YOU
I like to do Tom
Epilogue - part 1
Epilogue - part 2
Blue & Spider-Man
Author update

I might be late for chemistry

4.7K 87 11
By AprilFellsword

Chris walked with me to set the next morning, he had found ways to entertain himself while I got dressed in my costume. He mostly talked to my cast mates and made jokes about me - the centre of most them being my nose.

"You've got a big enough mouth, you'd think you'd be able to catch a couple grapes!" I laughed, picking one up and once again throwing it at him but it missed at bounced off his nose.

"You're distracting your makeup artist, she can't work like this." He said with a laugh as he slumped into the chair.

I knew what he was doing. He was doing everything in his power to be the biggest dork possible to distract me from my sadness. And it worked, for a while.

The artists finished my touch ups before I walked onto the set where Max was already waiting - his process for getting ready being much quicker than mine.

"Now, remember." The director started, looking between me and Max as we stood next to each other on our marks. "Max, you're really upset and you don't want Carter to go and fight Tyrant." Max sent him a thumbs up before placing his hands on my waist as the script told him to.

"Try not to fall in love with me." Max winked dramatically. I laughed and threw my head back before stopping quickly and looking at him with a deadpanned expression.

"Rolling, Action."

                               Nick had his hands on the girls waist, holding her close to him and relishing in this moment for he didn't know how long it would last.

"So about this thing I've gotta do." Alice started, looking at the boy in front of her. "It might not go well and I need you to know something."

"What is it, Ali?"

"I might be late for chemistry." Blue laughed lightly, trying to hide the fact that for their first time in her life she was scared.

"You don't have to do this, you know." Nick brought his left hand up to cup the girl's face.

"I don't see any other superheroes around here willing to take down the guy trying to mind control the citizens of New York. If you have any in your back pocket, fee free to share them." She laughed lightly, letting go of her friends hand and stepping away.

"Alice, please. As your best friend and only ally I am asking you to try and not get yourself killed. Who else is going to let me copy their maths homework?"

"Alright, enough with the soppiness. You know I'm trained not to be able to deal with emotion." Alice turned around quickly, not sure of what to think of this feeling building up inside her. It was new and unfamiliar- something she didn't enjoy since she was going into a battle.

"You got this, Blue." Nick said, not moving from his position. There was a silence for a moment, neither of them moving or saying anything.

"I kinda need you to go. You've got a chemistry test and I've got to beat the crap out of this lunatic." Alice shrugged her shoulders still not looking at Nick.

"Oh right." Nick quickly took off down the street and headed for school knowing that he couldn't focus on chemical equations while his best friend's life was at risk.

                         "Cut! Great work guys, I know this took a few hours longer than expected but thanks for sticking with it."

I didn't bother talking to anyone when I left my mark, I just walked straight over to my brother's open arms and fell into his chest.  I breathed heavily and enjoyed this moment before I had to film again. Chris' arms wrapped around me tightly and I was thankful that he didn't try and talk to me.

The others were great and they weren't taking my mood personally, they knew that I was hurting. Everyone gave me my space that day, keeping their romantic lives talk to a minimum. The crew were amazing, bringing me a cupcake every once in a while.

"Hey, Carter. Come watch playback." Max called from his place next to the director. He already had a pair of headphones on and had one in his extended hand. I nodded into my brother's chest before he placed a kiss to the top of my head and let go of me.

I walked over to max and took the headphones from him, placing them over my ears as I waited for the playback.

"We've got two different takes here." The director said, pointing to the two different panels on the monitor. "I want to cut it so we use the angle of Carter in this first take and then the angle of Max in this second take. It'll look something like this." He reeled off before pressing play and showing us the mock-up of the scene.

"Yeah, that looks great. Good idea." I told him with a haphazard smile on my lips, pulling them off my ears and putting them back on the holder. "How long until the next scene?"

"About twenty minutes with all the set ups." The stage manager said with a smile. I nodded and gave everyone a small smile before walking back to Chris who was stood talking to Lizzie.

"I'll be back." I told them softly. Chris nodded with a grin and gave me a soft pat on the shoulder, a simple way of letting me know he'd be there when I came back.

I held my head low as I walked back to my trailer. It seemed that everyone was on set today but nobody was around the trailer park. I enjoyed the quiet, knowing itd be gone when I get back to set.

I pulled the door open and stepped in, letting it slam behind me. My attention was instantly drawn to the huge bouquet of pink peonies sitting in the coffee table next to a card.

My breath hitched in my throat at the sight. I knew exactly who they were from. I picked up the the card and opened it tentatively.

              I didn't forget. I love you.

I placed it back on the table, looking at it. I couldn't throw it away. His handwriting was probably the closest thing I had to him right now. And as stupid as it seems, I wanted something to hold onto.

The shirts I wore in bed that once smelled of him now only smell like laundry detergent, the hoodie I'd stolen from him doesn't smell like his peppermint chewing gum and stupid expensive aftershave he douses himself in.

The sweet smell of the peonies filled my trailer and provided me with some home comfort - my whole house smelled like them with the amount of bunches littered in each room. I breathed it in deeply and exhaled slowly, relishing in this moment.

I debated what to do for a minute, I didn't want to talk to him but at the same time I craved his voice. So I pulled my phone out and sent him a text.

                     Thank you, they're beautiful

I threw myself onto the couch and stared at the flowers. There was no denying that they were crazy expensive, the arrangement of the bouquet told me that alone with the wildflower sprigs mixed in.

It was less than a minute later when my phone buzzed.

                                  I love you.

The simple message made my heart flutter. I know that he loves me, I've known for over two years. But hearing - or even reading - it still has the ability to make me weak in the knees. I span my phone around in my hand, locking and unlocking it, twirling it as I thought.

Before I could change my mind, I called him.

The phone was pressed against my ear in a second and my hands began to sweat. I heard it ring and my breathe became shaky. The phone didn't have time to ring twice before it was picked up.

"Hey, Carter." Harrison's voice was so calm and casual - not like entire my relationship was hanging in the balance of this phone call.

"Hey Haz." I sighed, my shoulders relaxed slightly.

"Hows filming?"

"It's great, listen, I would love to talk to you but where is Tom and why have you got his phone?" I asked, standing from the couch and leaning my back against a counter top.

"Oh, he's just gone to the bathroom. I was already taking selfies on his phone when you called." I don't understand how he could be this calm, surely he would be calling Tom's name to get his attention.

"Has he - uh - has he talked about me recently?" I asked him, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"Of course, he always says how beautiful you are and how perfect you are together. You're the first thing he tells me about in the morning and the last thing he tells me  about at night." I heard him chuckle and multiple squeaks of the dog toys.

"So he didn't tell you anything?"

"About what-"

"Who's on the phone mate?" My breath hitched once again at the sound of his voice.

"It's just Carter, mate chill with the crazy eyebrows." Harrison laughed and I knew exactly what face Tom was pulling.

"Give me the bloody phone!" He shouted, there was some shuffling and muffled words - they were obviously battling for the phone as Harrison was mocking his desperation.

"Carter?" Tom breathed heavily after just fighting with his best friend.

"Yeah, it's me." I smiled though he couldn't see. I paused for a moment, not knowing what to say. "Uh, thank you for the flowers. They're beautiful." I said, not looking away from the peonies on my coffee table.

"You're beautiful, darling." A huge grin broke onto my face - not only at his compliment, but the familiar pet name as well. But the moment was quickly ruined. "Haz, I don't give a shit. Fuck off, I'm on the phone." He grumbled. There was shuffling so I'm assuming one of them left the room.

"How do you been?" I asked him, my eyes nervously farting around the trailer.

"Shit, you?"

"Shit." I replied back, the smallest of smiles on my face.

"Are you - Uh - are you busy?" I  asked him, moving away from the counter top and sitting on the edge of the couch.

"No, darling. I'm completely free, why?" He asked and I could hear the confusion in his voice.

"How soon can you be on a plane to Atlanta?" I cocked an eyebrow, waiting nervously for his response.

"Well, funny you should ask. I've got flight notifications on my phone for Atlanta and I can be on a plane in two and a half hours." There was more shuffling before I heard his heavy footsteps quickly climbing the stairs.

"So, I'll see you before the day is out?" I asked, hope filling my mind.

"I'll see you in seven hours, darling. I love you." Tom didn't wait for my response as he hung up the phone, probably to start packing and leaving for the airport. 

I couldn't help the high pitched squeal that left my lips. I clenched my hands into fists and tried to control my excitement.

Not a moment later I was speeding out of the trailer park to find my friends on set. I bumped shoulders with a couple of crew members but quickly apologised and continued on my way.

"Ruby!" I shouted, seeing her back towards me a few feet away. She quickly turned and saw my running with a huge grin. She couldn't process it before I'd tackled her into a hug.

"Okay, we all know I'm a hugger but what's this about?" She laughed, holding me as tightly as I was hugging her.

"Tom's coming to Atlanta! He's getting on a plane and flying here!" I squealed, rocking or bodies quickly.

"No way! That's amazing, you're finally going to sort things out!" She replied now squealing along with me.

"What's going on?" I heard Chris ask with a confused smile.

"Chris!" I let go of Ruby and jumped on my brother. I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso with the grin still on my face. "I'm so happy!"

"What changed? Ten minutes ago you were the most depressed little thing I've ever seen and now you're jumping around like Sebastian when he sees Strudel." Chris laughed as he hugged my back and kissed the top of my head.

"Tom is coming! Like, right now. He's going to the airport and then getting on a plane and then I'm going to see him!"

"It would be Tom that makes her like this, wouldn't it." Max laughed, walking up to us.

"Why is nobody as excited as me?!" I yelled, still jumping around excitedly.

"Well, we're not going to be having sex with him." Max smirked, raising his eyebrows.

"Woah, okay. That's enough of the conversation." Chris said, putting his hands over his ears childishly.

"He's going to be here in like seven hours but I'm shooting so I need my lovely brother to pick him up at the airport and bring him to set." I looked over at him with pleading eyes, knowing he wouldn't say no if I looked at him like this.

"Fine, you're lucky I love you kid."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it!

I didn't realise how long this chapter was when I was writing it but I just got so excited to have happy Carter and Tom again.

Lots of love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 215 5
Pairing: Tom Holland x reader (CEO!Tom) Summary: In order to inherit his father's company, your best friend, Tom asks you to marry him. What could go...
531K 10.2K 66
"you are my everything," or in which she falls in love with spider-man, and he falls in love with her, but neither one of them wants to admit it. [...
1.4M 38.3K 123
❝Been pushed to a core, I wish I could walk away.❞ . . .in which she is stuck between her love for him and her pain. [MOSTLY SOCIAL MEDIA] [TOM HOLLA...
82.4K 623 22
Hello! These are a collection of one shots about Tom Holland. I do take requests, so please request away if there's something you want to read that...