Almost Lover (Harry Styles)...

By Posh777

Ava McCain An aspiring song writer living in London with a secret past. Harry Styles A famous singer who mak... More

Cast & Story Info
Chapter 1: This is what I was born to do
Chapter 2: Hair or Tattoos
Chapter 3: Everybody Hurts Sometimes
Chapter 4: No Harm Love
Chapter 5: Literally Frozen
Chapter 6: Opportunity Knocks
Chapter 7: Memory Lane & Text Messages
Chapter 8: Change Your Life
Chapter 9: Lover-Boy
Chapter 10: Wrecking Ball
Chapter 11: Barfights and "Goodnight"s
Chapter 12: Saturday Hangover
Chapter 13: Sunday Brunch
Chapter 14: Friends
Chapter 15: "Goodbye London."
Chapter 16: Falling
Chapter 17: A Confession and A Wager
Chapter 18: Evening the Score
Chapter 19: Let Her Go
Chapter 20: "Stop Thinking."
Chapter 21: "Not a Chance."
Chapter 22: The Not So Great Escape
Chapter 23: Inspiration and Pub Brawls
Chapter 24: When I Was Your Man
Chapter 25: Karaoke and A Huge Step Forward
Chapter 26: Text Messages and Twitter Pics
Chapter 27: Soundcheck Revenge and CPR
Chapter 28: "We sort of have company."
Chapter 29: A Not So Good Start
Chapter 30: The Truth
Chapter 31: Breakfast and....
Chapter 32: "It was bloody amazing."
Chapter 33: Toasts and Secrets
Chapter 34: "I Love Cereal."
Chapter 35: No Going Back
Chapter 36: "Tell me."
Chapter 37: "Keep going."
Chapter 38: She was Right
Chapter 39: Words of Wisdom
Chapter 40: Sheet Music and Shaving Cream
Chapter 41: Hiking
Chapter 42: "I dont know."
Chapter 43: The Plan
Chapter 45: "I want revenge."
Chapter 46: Heartbreak All Over Again
Chapter 47: "You know."
Chapter 48: "Over."
Chapter 49: Jokes Laughs and Racing Hearts
Chapter 50: Love Looking Back
Chapter 51: Love The Way You Lie
Chapter 52: Fan-girling and Extra Pressure
Chapter 53: Lies and Bets
Chapter 54: Testing Testing
Chapter 55: To Do or Not to Do That is the Question.
Chapter 56: "Okay."
Chapter 57: "I'll stay with you every night."
Chapter 58: Halo
Chapter 59: Secret Plans
Chapter 60: Friday
Chapter 61: "I'm with Kelsey Worthington."
Chapter 62: "You need to go. Now."
Chapter 63: Estates Holdings and Threats
Chapter 64: Emotional
Chapter 65: Stalker or Romantic?
Chapter 66: Tweets
Chapter 67: Making Plans and Saying Sorry
Chapter 68: Surprise After Surprise
Chapter 69: A Bad Day
Chapter 70: "I am afraid."
Chapter 71: Images
Chapter 72: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 73: "It's called love."
Chapter 74: A Night Out
Chapter 75: "I'm Yours."
Chapter 76: "I'll go get him."
Chapter 77: Wise Advice or a Drunken Rant?
Chapter 78: Signing Shopping and Sighing
Chapter 79: A Perfect Dress and A Decision?
Chapter 80: Girl's Night or Plans?
Chapter 81: "A french saying."
Chapter 82: A Secret
Chapter 83: A Beautiful Dress a Present and a Castle
Chapter 84: Three Words
Chapter 85: "What did you do?"
Chapter 86: "Make me not feel anything."
Chapter 87: Heartbreak and a Text Message
Chapter 88: "Let me go."
Chapter 89: A Punch in the Face and A Plane Ride
Chapter 90: I can move on.
Sequel: All of Me

Chapter 44: Waiting

16.3K 525 107
By Posh777

-Ava's POV-

I stare into the broken mirror in front of me, trying to fix my face so it doesn't look like I've been crying for the past hour.

It's over... really over.

Did I really just let him walk away? Of course you did Ava, he was being a complete jerk!

"You do know there's a line outside right?" A skinny blonde behind me asks.

"Yeah sorry." I say, stepping away from the sink so she can use it.

"Some asshole break your heart?"

"What?"

"I work here and I've seen more than my fair share of crying in this bathroom. You have the looks of a broken heart." She says, drying off her hands.

"I think I broke my own actually. If that makes any sense."

"Sure it does. I've ruined one or two relationships all on my own. He basically just stood by and watched the show."

"Well he didn't just stand by. He fought and fought but I never let him win." I defend Harry.

"Can I give you some advice honey?"

I nod as she hands me another tissue.

"If you actually found someone who's willing to go through hell just to try to have a relationship with you, NEVER take their love for granted. You won't ever find it again. You'll end up a forty year old waitress with an empty bed and a heart full of regret."

She pats me on the back and heads out the door, leaving me with her words of advice.

I check my face once more, wiping my eyes. Its no use, my eyes are red and my face is flushed. I give up and head outside where I'm surprised to find Lou waiting for me in the hallway.

"You okay love?" She asks, giving me a hug. "I saw Harry leave a bit ago and it looked like things may have went poorly between you two."

"More like absolutely entirely horrible." I tell her truthfully.

"What happened?"

"I yelled, he yelled." I shrug my shoulders. "I basically told him to get the hell out of my life and he pretty much said he'd be more than happy to."

"Did you really mean that?" She asks, shocked.

"Of course not. But it seemed like the appropriate thing to say at the time. And he didn't try to fight me on it."

"Really Ava?" She shakes her head at me.

"What?"

She pulls me out of the hallway and directs us towards a small private table. Sitting down across from me, I can tell from the look on her face I'm not going to enjoy what she has to say.

"I've tried to stay out of this Ava, but it's gotten to the point where I really need to say my peace."

"Well on with it then, my night can't get any worse." I sigh.

"I love you Ava. We haven't known each other that long, but I view you as a dear friend. Which is why I feel the need to ask you what the hell you are thinking. 'He didn't try to fight me on it'?! Harry has done nothing but fight for you since day one!"

"I know Lou." I say quietly.

"But do you? Do you really?" She asks, "Harry is like a little brother to me and I know him better than most. But I've never seen him like this before. It's like he physically hurts when he's not around you. Do you feel anything for him? Cause if you don't this needs to stop, I won't allow it to go on. But if you do then you need to give the lad more than just hope that you may 'some' day be willing to give him everything he gives to you every day. Harry deserves more than that and you know it."

"I never meant to lead him on." I defend myself.

"No, but you always give just enough to keep him hanging on. So you need to decide what you want and you need to decide it now. He won't wait forever. It's time to make a choice."

"I really don't know what to do Lou. I wish I could just see into the future and know how it would turn out." I whine.

"Well I know exactly how it would turn out." She replies.

"So if I decide to let him go?"

"Then you're going to miss him. You're going to wake up every morning and miss him. You're going to regret not choosing him and you're going to wish you had told him how you felt when you had the chance. You're going to compare every guy you meet to him and none of them will measure up. You're going to miss his laugh and his jokes and his smile and his heart. You're going to miss him, and you're going to know it's all your own fault."

I take a minute to think about what she just said. I know she's right, I would be miserable without him.

"And what if I decide to be with him Lou?"

"Then you'll be happy." She shrugs, "Cause there's nothing that man loves more than to see you smile."

"You make it sound so simple."

"Love isn't simple Ava, but it's worth it."

"Who said anything about Love?" I ask, surprised at her use of words.

"Your eyes, every time you see Harry." She sighs and then stands up, "It's not over yet Ava. But be sure you make up your mind before it is."

Lou gets up and gives me a hug before walking back towards her table. I drop my head into my hands. Why do I always make everything so difficult?

Do I really push Harry away because I know he would actually accept my past? Am I that scared of love?

Of course I am, who wouldn't be after what I went through?

I'm afraid of the risk, but what do I really have to lose? I groan. God I've been an idiot.

I need to talk to him. Tonight.

I get up and quickly make my way across the room. I stop to say goodbye to Freya then head outside and hail a cab. The ride across town feels like forever and I swear I'm going to lose my mind by the time we get to the hotel. We pull up to the curb and I take a wad of bills out of my clutch and toss it into the front seat.

I hurry inside and make my way towards the elevator. I hit the button over and over again, willing it to move faster. It finally dings and I don't waste any time in hitting the number for the floor our rooms are on. Again an eternity passes before the doors finally open onto our floor.

I pass by my room, trying to remember which one Harry is in. Right! He's across the hall and three doors down. I stop in front of his door and freeze. What the hell am I going to say to him?! I stand there for a good five minutes before I decide to just wing it. I'll know what to say when I see him.

I knock on his door and hold my breath.

When he doesn't answer I knock again.

And then again.

Where could he be? He left the club over an hour ago.

I decide to go with my last resort and pull out my phone. My hands shake as I press send and put the phone up to my ear.

--Sorry but the number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable.--

Shit! His phone is turned off. I try him two more times just in case before I give up.

Okay, I'll just wait for him to get back. I sit down in front of his door as modestly as I can and wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

I finally check my phone. 3:12am. I've been sitting here for over two hours. Where is he?

I slowly haul myself up off the ground and head towards my room. Looks like I'll be waiting until tomorrow morning to talk to him.

I let myself into my room and lay down on the bed. I'm far to tired to get changed so I just turn the lamp off next to me, surrounding myself in darkness so I can drift off to sleep.

That's the last thing I remembered before I was woken up by a hand being put over my mouth. I try to scream, but my cries are silenced by the tight grip across my face.

I try to make out who is standing over me, but it's to dark.

Then I hear the voice, the one I've never been able to forget.

"Miss me Kelsey? Cause I've missed you."

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 439 27
Kate Adams is an ordinary girl with a family that is slowly breaking apart. One night she runs away and starts crying her heart out. But what will ha...
29.3K 442 36
Chloe Green is an intern for one of the biggest magazines in the entire world. Her first job? Write a full profile story on Harry Styles. The catch...
1M 41.4K 75
-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them together. A whole world trying to rip them ap...
19.8K 338 20
How come falling in love with the person he hated most was so easy? Who the hell did this guy think he was? How could he stand there on the pavement...