Faded // Bang Chan

By Freya_5sos

She was the new student. He was the school's loner. She was widely liked. He was misunderstood. She found him... More

Chapter 1 - New beginnings
Chapter 2 - Chan's downfall
Chapter 3 - Because of him
Chapter 4 - Confession?
Chapter 5 - The plan
Chapter 6 - Revelations
Chapter 7 - Damsel in distress
Chapter 8 - Truthful Tears
Chapter 9 - Bo Ra's Boyfriend
Chapter 10 - The Playground Plan
Chapter 11 - Alone or Lonely?
Chapter 12 - Locker 376
Chapter 13 - Secrets and Sobs
Chapter 14 - Dongwoo's Party
Chapter 15 - Dongwoo's Party (part 2)
Chapter 16 - Heavy Heart
Chapter 17 - Mystery Blonde
Chapter 18 - Blaming The Bully
Chapter 19 - The Na Ri of the Past
Chapter 20 - The tutor
Chapter 21 - Firsts and Fists
Chapter 22 - New Found Confidence
Chapter 23 - Feeling Faded?
Chapter 24 - Crashing Down
Chapter 25 - Medicine
Chapter 26 - Jungsoo's Hidden Truth
Chapter 27 - Memories and Motives
Chapter 28 - Ticking Time Bomb
Chapter 29 - Kisses and Calls
Chapter 30 - Scolding and Exposing
Chapter 31 - Classroom 43
Chapter 32 - Doubts and Dates
Chapter 33 - Awkward Encounters
Chapter 35 - Faded
Chapter 36 - Time To Say Goodbye
Epilogue - Purpose
Author's Note
Alternative Ending

Chapter 34 - Fading

8.9K 499 600
By Freya_5sos

"Then what about you, Bang Chan. What's your past story with In Ho?"

Chan froze at her words, not because he didn't know how to answer but because he had plans on how he'd confess his wrongdoings to her. This wasn't right. This wasn't how this was supposed to happen.

Na Ri eyed the quiet boy carefully, looking for a clear sign of his emotions but his face was a blank canvas, no sign of any feelings whatsoever. She fought back the anxiousness that arose within her, not wanting to jump to conclusions on his state of mind.

She'd expected a hint of sadness or maybe even anger but was met with an emotionless Chan, which to her was much more concerning.

"Are you o-" She began but he quickly cut her off. "I'm fine. Don't bring that up yet, Na Ri."

He didn't mean for it to sound so snappy and rude but Na Ri could tell by his regretful expression that it wasn't his intention. The pair fell silent as the awkward tension grew, neither knowing what to say to regain their normal calm composure.

Chan felt like telling Na Ri everything, starting from his failed friendship with In Ho and his unrequited love for Bo Ra but he didn't want to spoil his future plans yet. He was determined that Na Ri would find out only when he had the right words to say to fit the story.

"We should probably go and see if dinner's ready now." He eyed her up and down, ensuring to pay close attention to every detail of her frowning face. He hated seeing the frown on her face but not more than hating the fact that he placed it there.

She looked up and nodded slowly, a small fake smile forming across her face. She could tell he was trying to divert her attention away from the slightly awkward vibe and for that she was grateful despite feeling as though there was so much she had yet to know.

If only Na Ri and Chan had realised that the clock was counting down the final hours of their time together.

"Hello, Mrs Bang." Na Ri greeted with a bow, feeling slightly regretful for her and Chan being caught in a vulnerable moment. The two females cheeks' burned a deep shade of red as they all sat around the table in awkward silence. Chan found the ordeal to be rather humours, small chuckles threatening to erupt from his side of the table but luckily the sound of the front door opening and closing averted their attention.

"Oh, hello there." Mr Bang greeted Na Ri, a look of surprise on his face. He smiled at his oldest son, noticing his usual frown was nowhere to be seen. "You must be Na Ri." Chan's father sat beside his wife, sending a warm and welcoming smile Na Ri's way. Na Ri felt slightly uncomfortable but she tried her best to hide it, not wanting them to sense her uneasiness. She'd always wished she were a brave person, fearless and strong in every way possible but that was far from the truth.

"Yeah, I'm a fri-" She started but Chan cut in, ending her introduction before it had even really began. "She's my girlfriend. I told you she exists." Chan stated proudly, his dimples showing. His parents sent wide smiles at one another, sharing their happiness for him. There had been many sleepless nights in the Bang household, their worry for their eldest child's future a never ending cycle, so to see him smiling happily, even if just for a short while, eased their doubts.

Na Ri blushed and concentrated on her chopsticks that were placed beside her bowl, waiting to be used. Chan slid his hand under the table, placing it onto her knee and giving her a reassuring squeeze. He found her sudden shyness to be cute but he wanted her to feel at home.

Their eyes met the moment she felt his hand on her knee, sending a course of euphoria to run through her veins at his slightest touch. Her heart beat fast as the background seemed to fade away, Chan being all she could see. It was in that moment she realised the true extent of her own feelings. Na Ri was in love.

She felt like blurting it out then and there but Chan's mother's voice brought her back to reality. "Thank you for agreeing to come here tonight. We were dying to properly meet you."

Chan and Na Ri turned their focus to the beaming woman who had nothing but pride on her face. "Thank you for inviting me." Na Ri replied, glancing around at the table filled with food. "It looks delicious." She added. "On that note, let's start eating." His dad suggested, being met with a round of approving nods.

Once the meal had ended and many stories of baby Chan had been share much to his protests, the two left the table and headed to Chan's room to collect her school bag.

"We should take a selfie!" Chan exclaimed excitedly, an outburst that startled her. Na Ri jumped at his loud voice that had disturbed the peace causing an outbreak of laughter from him. Na Ri pouted and folded her arms across her chest, feigning annoyance at the childish antics of Chan. "You're so damn annoying, Channie." She grumbled as he wrapped his arms around her from behind, resting his chin on the top of her head.

Na Ri's heart felt as though it would explode, even more so when her gaze left his hands that locked around her to meet on her stomach and landed on the reflection of the pair in his full length mirror.

Chan looked effortlessly stunning, his wavy blonde hair hiding his forehead and his signature dimpled smile that always seemed to make her heart skip a beat being all she could look at.

"Y'know, I'd rather be right here, tonight with you than with anybody else in the world." He murmured as he gently rocked them from side to side. "Best friends. You are my fucking best friends!" Na Ri suddenly broke into song, earning a look of confusion from Chan. "It's a song...from the 'Janoskians'." Na Ri informed him, a sheepish look on her face. "Never heard of them." He replied before the room fell silent.

"I love you." She whispered absentmindedly, not realising her action until the words had already left her mouth. Her mouth fell open in shock, instantly regretting her words but Chan didn't react, as though he hadn't even heard her. He released his hold on her and took his phone from his back pocket, unlocking the device and holding it to face the mirror.

"Smile." He instructed before pressing his lips to her cheek from behind. Na Ri stood still, a fake smile plastered on her face as he clicked the button to capture the memory forever. She should be happy in this moment as they posed for their first picture together but she wasn't. Why did he chose to ignore her statement? He had to have heard it. Why didn't he react?

Chan noticed her strained expression and tossed his phone onto the bed before turning her around to face him. "What's wrong?" He questioned, both his hands finding their way to either sides of her waist as he looked down at her.

"Nothing. I think I should go though. It's getting late and my dad will worry. He thinks I'm at after school study." She half lied. Her dad did think that his only daughter was at school still but the rest was just an excuse.

Chan kissed her forehead and smiled, pretending to believe her. The truth was he had heard her confession and it had made his heart ache to act indifferent but he was waiting for tomorrow to officially  confess to her. There was a reason it had to be tomorrow. Tomorrow was the day Chan would start new, ending one chapter of his life and staring anew with her.

"Want me to walk you home?" He offered whilst bending over to retrieve her bag from the floor. "No. I'll be okay." She insisted, taking the bag from his grasp and thanking him quietly. Na Ri just wanted to be alone at this moment, a choice she would soon live to regret.

She was hurt and embarrassed.Maybe he didn't feel the same? Perhaps it was too soon for the 'L' bomb? She was just confused and frustrated by herself at this point in time.

She swung her bag onto her back and headed for the door, muttering a goodnight in his direction.

"Na Ri!" He called, causing her to spin around in hope, wishing so desperately that he'd address her confession. He opened his mouth to speak but he sighed before pausing. "Goodnight." He replied dejectedly. For a moment he had debated on confessing then and there but decided against it. She whipped around, not sparing him another glance as she headed for the front door.

"Tomorrow." Chan uttered under his breath, watching her leave his house. If only he had realised that would be the last time he'd ever see her. Maybe then he would've stopped her. Maybe things could've ended differently. Maybe the end would never have came.

_____________________

-Not proof read-

Two chapters left and holy wow I'm scared.

So I got my driver's permit so nobody come to Ireland because I'll probably run you over.

Thanks for nearly 45K!

So what I gathered from the response to my future fanfic ideas is that the Jisung one is the most wanted.

Once this fanfic is finished I will tell you more in depth about each of my possible future works but the Jisung one will be called 'Pieces' and it follows a heartbroken Jisung in his everyday life and shows how he handles himself and the pain he causes others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 330 24
" I'm sorry to my unknown lover Sorry that I can't believe That anybody ever really Starts to fall in love with me Sorry to my unknown lover Sorry I...
246K 7.8K 40
Talent is bound to be brought into the spotlight. Even if it takes years of effort. I saw him grow and succeed But Where do I stand? - "It hurts."...
346 15 13
" I wanted to tell you something. It's a little hard for me to say, but I think you should know that I have feelings for you, well i like you for a l...
1K 52 11
PAIRING | bang chan x fem!reader IDOLS FEATURED | bang chan, seo changbin, hwang hyunjin, han jisung, lee felix, kim seungmin, yang jeongin WC [total...