Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧...

By argentistic

Love is all a little girl is supposed to feel. Never should she feel blood trickling down a cut on her cheek... More

Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧
✧Goodbye Big Brother✧
✧The New Derek✧
✧New Competition✧
✧Hospital Drama✧
✧Dealing With Idiots✧
✧Helping Liam✧
✧Some Party✧
✧Not a Monster✧
✧Slight Anger Problems✧
✧Scrimmage Gone Wrong✧
✧Werewolf Strength✧
✧The Call✧
✧Not Another Loss✧
✧Teenage Whims✧
✧Caught Up✧
✧Supernatural Smallpox✧
✧Some Plan✧
✧A Little Optimisim✧
✧From The Sidelines✧
✧Emotions Besides Fear✧
✧The Unexpected✧
✧Letters From Isaac✧
✧The Deadpool Strikes Again✧
✧Drinks and Music✧
✧Fear Is All To Common✧
✧Birthday Surprise✧
✧Battle Cry✧
✧Invincibility Is Not Strength✧
✧Weight Room Mayhem✧
✧Desperate Times Call For Desperate Alliances✧
✧Operation Save Scott McCall✧
✧The Mission Begins✧
✧Almost Is Never Enough✧
✧Death Changes Us✧
✧It Ends Tonight✧
✧Epilogue✧
SEQUEL

✧Intermittent Explosive Disorder✧

62K 1.5K 1.8K
By argentistic

Dedication goes to CJBachert for reading this story and supporting me with. I teased you about this chapter last night so here it finally is. I love ya Cera!

Chapter 10- Intermittent Explosive Disorder

Everything seemed to go well with Liam until the end of the day finally came around. All the work Liam put into staying calm seemed to go down the drain when Mason told him the Devenford Prep had arrived. That caused Liam to storm off to go find them and Mason and I to worriedly rush after him.

"So wait a minute," Mason said to me as we trailed after an angry Liam, "Since when do the two of you talk? I never see you talk to anyone except for those older lacrosse guys."

"W-we just kind, um, of met in the hallway a couple days ago," I explained since that was the truth, for the most part. Things were a lot more complicated than that, of course, but Mason didn't really need to know that.

I could tell by the smirk on Mason's face that he had something else to say but he never got the chance to as Liam burst out of the school's entrance. Mason and I exchanged a worried look before picking up our pace to be able to keep up with Liam. Once we got outside we saw exactly what Liam was heading to, the bus that was unloading the other team, Devenford Prep.

"Liam, wait! No, no, no, Liam!" Mason called after our friend. Thank god I had Mason because I was not steady enough to be able to shout after anyone, even Liam.

Liam ignored us as he continued his approach to the unloading lacrosse players. "Brett!"

The guy, Brett, Liam had called out stopped where he was and allowed Liam to approach him and the rest of his team. I cringed seeing as Brett was much taller than Liam and didn't exactly look like the friendly type. This couldn't end well. I quickly looked around; mentally pleading that Scott would show up soon.

"Oh, here we go," Mason muttered under his breath so only I could here. He looked almost as nervous as I did which was not an easy state to achieve.

Mason and I stood behind Liam as we let him talk to his old team. It might be a terrible idea for him to do so but he had his heart set on it and there was little else that we could do.

"I just wanted to say," Liam started to say, the anger still hadn't seemed to have left him. "Have a good game."

Liam's last four words stunned me beyond explanation as he held out a hand to Brett. Had Liam seriously just told his old team to have a good game? He wasn't mauling them or anything? Maybe he really can go on the field tonight without hurting anybody.

But then Brett laughed in Liam's face instead of accepting his hand. I almost cringed as he did as I felt second-hand embarrassment for poor Liam.

"That's cute Liam," Brett said as he looked around at his equally amused teammates and then back at a not-at-all-amused Liam. "Is that what they told you to say in anger management? Apologize and everything's fine? You demolished coaches' car."

I looked over at Liam in confusion. I knew that he had gotten kicked out of his previous school due to the fact that his anger issues got the best of him and he had smashed a teacher's car but I didn't know it was his coaches.

"I paid for it," Liam said through gritted teeth. So much for him staying calm and collected.

"Yeah, you're going to pay for it," Brett assured Liam, the amusement wiped off his face into a serious look. "We're going to break you in half out there and it's going to be all you fault."

I quickly stepped up next to Liam and tugged on his shirt sleeve before saying, "C'mon, Liam."

When Liam didn't budge Brett took that as an opportunity to taunt him further. "Wow, Liam, you've got yourself a girlfriend now? Is she too scared of you to run away?"

Next to me I could feel Liam practically quaking in rage, hatred practically radiating off of him and I couldn't blame him, I wasn't really a fan of Brett either.

Suddenly Scott appeared on the other side of Liam and he quickly pulled the increasingly angry werewolf back as Stiles swiftly stepped between Brett and Liam.

"Hey! What's going on Prep students? Welcome to our little public high school, how're you doing? I'm Stiles," My friend said to greet them enthusiastically as he tried-and failed-to break the tension. He even stuck out a hand to Brett as a way of friendly greeting but when Brett just stared at him Stiles responded with a sarcastic, "That's a firm handshake you got there. Uh, we're very excited for the scrimmage tonight but, uh, let's keep it clean, Alright? No rough stuff out there. Alright, see you on the field."

After that awkward little introduction, Scott, Stiles and I turned to whisk Liam away. With one look we all knew where to take him, to the showers. Don't ask me why but putting werewolves under cold running water seemed to help calm them down.

So, as discreetly as we could -which, honestly, wasn't that discreet-we got Liam into the boy's locker room which was thankfully empty. Stiles and Scott pushed Liam against the shower walls as I fumbled with the shower until I could get water to rain down on Liam. Stiles and Scott kept pushing Liam-who was already beginning to wolf out-back to the wall as Scott and I tried to talk him down.

"Are you calm yet?" Stiles questioned, allowing Liam some slack. Liam's response was a roar ripping out of his throat as he bared his fangs.

"Put him back in!" I told my two friends and once again Stiles and Scott were shoving Liam under the water to calm him down.

Liam struggled some more with his anger before finally retracting his fangs and letting out a quick, "Okay, okay."

Scott and Stiles finally let go of Liam who moved away from the water and slid down one of the tile walls. I moved towards the water to shut it off before crouching down next to Liam.

"That car you smashed, I thought you said that was your teacher's," Scott said to his drenched beta.

"He was also my coach," Liam admitted as he looked up at the other werewolf. "He benched me for the entire season."

"Why?" I questioned, causing Liam to look over at me.

"I got a couple of red cards," He answered without quite meeting my eyes.

"Just a couple?" Stiles pressed.

Liam looked down at the ground as he began messing with his hands some. He almost looked ashamed of himself and I felt my heart go out to him. I hated seeing him like this; it made me almost want to wrap him up in a big hug.

Scott crouched down to the wet tiles with me as he looked at Liam. "You've gotta be honest with us," he told Liam, causing the younger boy to look up at him, "What did you do?"

"Nothing!" Liam answered defensively which made Scott, Stiles and I look around at each other. "I-I got kicked out of school. They sent me to a physiologist for an evaluation."

"Well what did they call it?" Scott asked, referring to whatever Liam had been diagnosed with.

"Intermittent explosive disorder."

"I.E.D.? You're literally and IED?" Stiles questioned, sounding bitterly amused by the initials of Liam's disorder. Stiles then waved his hand in Scott's direction. "Well that's great; you gave super powers to a walking time bomb."

Scott and I rolled our eyes as Stiles gave Scott an extremely sarcastic thumbs-up. I looked back to Liam who looked like a dog who'd just gotten thrown in the pound.

"Did they give you anything for it?" I asked Liam.

"Rispidal, it's an Antipsychotic," Liam confessed.

"Ah this just gets better," Stiles interjected.

Liam ignored Stiles and kept going, "But I don't take it."

"Obviously," Stiles huffed. I sent a sideways glare to Stiles; his sarcasm was not exactly needed in this situation.

"I can't play lacrosse on it! It makes me to tired," Liam said to defend himself.

"Okay, I think you should bail out of the game. Tell coach your leg is still hurting," Scott instructed.

"No, no!" Liam said immediately as he pushed off the ground to stand up.

I quickly got back on my feet too. "Liam I think you might want to consider just sitting on the sidelines for this one."

"I can do this," Liam assured me, "Especially if you're going to be there."

"Liam," I started to say before I trailed off. He kept his eyes locked on me with a serious look that seemed to hold me in place. He really believed that I was able to help him and I didn't want to say anything to let him down. If he needed me I was going to be there for him no matter what.

"Liam, it's not just about the game," Scott-- who was now back on his feet-- said which startled me a bit. Liam and I finally broke eye contact so we could look at Scott, "Stiles and I think whoever killed Demarco is on our team."

I shuddered at the thought and I hadn't even seen the body. If what Stiles had said was true about the guy's head being cut off since he was on the hit list, I'm sure not seeing the body was a blessing.

"Who's Demarco?" Liam questioned.

"The one who brought the beer to the party and then got beheaded, remember?" Stiles filled him in. With all that had gone on with Liam that night I'm not surprised that he had forgotten about that.

"We think who ever ordered the keg killed Demarco." Scott told Liam and me since neither of us really knew that much about it.

I looked over at Liam who seemed to have this look of horror on his face. "Liam, do you know something?"

"I don't know who ordered the keg," Liam said as he once again looked at me, "But I know who paid for it."

"Who?" Was the synchronized question asked by Stiles, Scott and I.

"Garrett."

I suddenly realized why Liam had looked so horrified; Garrett was one of his closest friends besides Mason. I honestly was having trouble believing that the Blonde-haired, blue-eyed, freshman who I shared some classes with was actually capable of murder. I would've suspected Greenburg before him.

"The murderous assassin is Garrett?" Stiles questioned, sounding just as stunned as I was feeling.

Liam shook his head in disbelief that his own friend could do that. "I-I guess."

"Then what are we going to do about the game tonight know that we know that Garrett is the killer?" I asked them.

"It's not like we have all that much time to do anything," Scott answered. I nodded slowly, knowing it was just a matter of time before people began filing into the locker room to get suited up. "Right now I think we should just worry making it through the game."

"Any suggestions as to how?" Stiles questioned his best friend.

Scott shrugged. "No idea. But I think we should at least let Kira know what's going on since she's going to be playing in the game."

Scott tugged Stiles out of the locker room to make finding Kira quicker. Liam and I stayed behind so we wouldn't have any run-ins with any of the members of Devenford Prep.

Liam broke the silence eventually as we sat next to each other on one of the locker room benches, "I probably seen pretty insane now."

"Liam, trust me, I've had my fair share of anger problems. You still don't scare me," I assured him as I looked over at him. He almost seemed to be studying me, perhaps listening to my heart to see if I was lying to him.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked me, speaking in the gentlest tone I'd ever heard come from him. I felt like he knew I was hiding something but how could I tell him that everyone in my life hurts me or leaves me? How do I tell a person that I used to get beat up by my dad on a daily basis?

But Liam had opened up to me and the other's a lot today. He had told us about his disorder which I imagined was very hard for him. He deserves to know about my past.

There was just one problem; I was too scared to tell him. I was just always too scared.

"Liam I-" I managed to choke out before I stared to lose my breath. I immediately knew what was happening, an anxiety attack. I closed my eyes just as tears began forming in them. I couldn't do this yet, I just wasn't ready.

"Charlotte, are you okay?" Liam asked in a worry tone as he lightly grabbed my chin so that when I opened my eyes I was looking at him. I quickly blinked away the tears and nodded slowly in his hands.

"I'm just getting a bit caught up in everything, you know?" I quickly pulled away from Liam so I don't have to look into those perfectly stunning blue eyes.

"You've been there for me, Charlotte," Liam said slowly, "And I'm going to be there for you too."

Don't make those kinds of promises, I thought to myself, it'll get you and me hurt and that's something I can't handle.

But instead of speaking my mind I just nodded, like usual. "I told Mason I'd sit with him so I better go find him before the scrimmage. And just in case I don't see you before-hand, good luck."

"Wait!" Liam called after me when I had jumped up to rush out of the locker room. I cringed ever so slightly as I turned back to face him. "Are you really going out there like that?"

At first I was offended by what he had said. Then, I looked down at my shirt and saw it was damp from the whole showers incident. Whoops.

"Awesome," I mumbled. "I don't have any change of clothes."

"Here, I have a shirt." Liam offered up as he dug through his lacrosse bag. He quickly pulled out a grey under armor t-shirt and handed it to me.

"No, no. I'm can't, Liam, it's you-"

I didn't get the chance to finish my sentence as Liam stood up and to a step to me, thrusting the shirt into my arms with an amused smile. "It's just a shirt; I won't even know it's gone. Take it as a token of my gratitude."

I looked down at the shirt as I let out an inevitable giggle. I gripped it tightly in my hands and tried my best not to sniff his shirt because I could already smell some sort of cologne on it. Then I slowly backed towards the door. "I should go change in the bathroom."

Liam nodded understandingly. "Hopefully I'll be able to see you before the game."

With one last fleeting nod, I turned and walked out of the boys locker room. As I did I collided head on with a mass of boys that were heading into the locker room. I gave the much larger students a wide-eyed stare as I felt fear consume me. Not only was I just forced into a social situation, but Garrett was at the front of the group.

"Whoa, sorry, didn't see you there," Garrett said as he flashed me a smile that I would've marked as charming if I hadn't known who he really was. "Why are you coming out of the boys locker room."

Great, a question from a murderer who is now expecting a verbal response from an anxious little girl.

"I-I, um, well I-" I let out in a ridiculous stammer. Even when facing a killer I manage to excel at being a pathetic mess. I quickly took in a deep breathe before trying once more at answering Garrett. "Coach, he well he um, he wanted me to put a box on his t-table."

Garett nodded while the rest of his team began milling around me to be able to get into the locker room. He seemed to be examining me which made me feel morbidly uncomfortable. I really wish I could just sprint back to Liam right now.

"Are you Isaac Lahey's little sister?" Garrett asked me suddenly.

I gulped down some air that seemed to have thinned an incredible amount in the last few minutes. "Why," Was all I could manage to squeak out.

"I think I read his name somewhere," Garrett explained which caused me to freeze up. Somewhere like as in a hit list? "Well, I'll see you later Charlotte."

Garrett gave me what I swear was a smirk as he moved past me and into the boys locker room.

Even though the evil lacrosse player was out of sight he was most definitely not out of mind. I was practically drowning in my anxiety, the fear seemed to seep into my lungs and choke me. My legs buckled and I leaned against a wall for support. Tears began to fall from my eyes and all I could do is bury my head in my pitiful little hands. Why was I so hopeless? I just wanted to help and all I did was probably give away to Garrett that we were on to him. I was no use in any of this; I was more of a danger then anything.

I was wrong when I had thought I could get over this. My fears will forever haunt this nightmare I have been told to call life. And if my fears weren't tripping me up then my anxiety was. They had me all roped up so I couldn't escape them. This couldn't end well for me or anyone.

------------------

TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUTTA ME!

Sorry I just felt like that song was playing in Charlotte's head at the end there....

Anyways, I know Isaac wasn't on the list but he might've been before he left. And I just really wanted Garett to say something like that. I really loved Garrett's character up until this newest episode where he messed with Liam becuase that wasn't cool.

Scared to Death is currently ranked #410 for Werewolf and #739 for Fanfiction so thank you so much! Also it has gotten over 8.5k in like two weeks which is just mind blowing to me! You guys are amazing.

There is one thing I need to say though, I came across a story very similair to this one (Meaning it's about Liam, the OC is Isaac's sister, and she lives with the McCalls). I was a bit upset when I first came across it becuase I thought my story was an oniginal plot line but apprently not. If you stumble across that story please don't think I copied it becuase I didn't even come across it until last night. Sorry this is just me venting to you guys so let's get on to the question.

Question- How did you like Liam saying he could play as long as Charlotte was there?

Comment your amazing thoughts and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 212 15
in which no one seems to bring peace to isaac lahey just like peyton greene does. ❪ isaac lahey x fem!oc ❫ ❪ teen wolf s2-s3 ❫
9.6K 305 21
Rian McCall. Genius Junior. Perfect grades, loving brother and friends, an outcast due to her jerk of an ex boyfriend. Secrets control her life...
88.3K 2.1K 14
[CHAPTERS 1-7 REWRITTEN AND REPUBLISHED, JANUARY 18th, 2022] [REWRITING IN PROCESS, STORY SUBJECT TO CHANGES] Violet Argent, Allison's cousin ar...
22.9K 625 48
I made a deal with my cousin, Scott, before I went home for the summer. His girlfriend Allison broke up with him and left for Paris, and my... friend...