The Bet (The Badboy's Claim S...

By brendathatwriter

currently being edited! [the first story in the badboy's claim series] It was my turn to smirk. "I wanna make... More

THE BET
ONE ✓
TWO ✓
THREE ✓
FOUR ✓
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
WE MEET AGAIN

THIRTY-SEVEN

7.4K 207 132
By brendathatwriter

JAXON

"Kitten, I'm back!" I said in sing-song as I entered the room, carrying a basket and my food I had made her. She was sitting up in the hospital, appeared to be lost in her thoughts. I know she heard me but, she didn't look at me.

"Where were you?" She asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "I had to make your food-"

"Don't lie to my face like that." Hurt obviously in her voice and I felt a pang in my chest.

Shit. She knows.

Walking over to the side of the bed, I placed down her food and sat down in the chair. She didn't look at me, only stared at the white blanket. I reached to touch her hand but, she moved her hand. "What if you got hurt?"

I pointed to the band-aid on my finger. "I was cooking and I cut my finger. No need to worry."

Her eyes finally met mine but, with a cold glare. "You really are taking this as a joke." She ran her fingers through her hair. "Estaba tan preocupada por ti. No sé qué haría si algo te pasara. (I was so worried about you. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you.) "

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused about what she was saying. She looked angry and stressed out so I'm assuming she was just pissed at me. She looked at my face and it must've hit her that I didn't understand hurt. "I wish you didn't act so irrational sometimes."

This time, I held her hand before she could pull it away. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry. I just felt the need to find out who did this to you."

"You should've talked to me before you did."

"So you convince me to stay?"

She rolled her eyes, tugging her hands away from me. "What did you bring?"

I frowned for a second but, sighed. "Food and Maddy was out in the hall and asked for me to give this 'get well soon' basket." I pouted at the blue basket wrapped with clear plastic and a bunch of candy and flowers inside. Kimora inhaled sharply before spacing out.

"You okay?" I asked cautiously, standing up from the chair. "Do I need to get the doctor?"

She shook her head but, she still looked distraught. "N-No. Sit down. You did enough today."

I hesitantly did as she said and sat back down. "Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm okay." She draped her legs off the side of the bed. She took a deep breath as her face morphed to pain. I went to reach to help her but, she put her hands up to stop me before I could. She grabbed the food I made for her, picking at the stew. "I never knew you actually cooked at home."

"I live alone. I gotta know how." I shrugged. She narrowed her eyes at me. "You hardly even have groceries in your house. You probably took takeout and put it in this container."

I rolled my eyes and she started eating her food and then widen her eyes. "This is actually good!"

"Thank you- wait. What is that supposed to mean?"

"I thought that I would have to be sent to the emergency room again." That made me laugh. She really had jokes today. I know I'm an amazing cook. Plenty of people have told me. I just don't do often as one would anticipate.

She paused from eating, staring at me for a minute. I gave her a confused look. "I'm sorry. I'm just eating in front of you... did you eat?"

"I'm fine."

Kimora rolled her eyes, holding the spoon out for me. "Here."

"I-"

"Eat."

"But-"

"Jaxon. I will tie you down."

I sighed in defeat. "Fine..."

She grinned, pushing the spoon closer to my mouth. "Now say 'aaahhh'."

A dirty joke came to mind but, I held back and ate with her. We sat in silence that was comfortable for the both of us. Kimora didn't get to finish because her stomach started hurting again. A nurse came and gave her medicine and said Kimora had to rest since it was midnight.

"This medicine, Acetaminophen, will make you a little loopy." The nurse explained to Kimora and me.

"So a percocet." I stated more than asked. Kimora hit my arm and I gave her a 'what did I do wrong?' look. She simply glared before bring her attention back to the nurse.

The nurse chuckled. "I guess that's a simpler way to put it." She looked in between the both of us and smiled. "It's great to see you have such a loyal boyfriend with you."

Kimora's face got red and she glanced at me from the corner of her eye. "Um... thank you."

The nurse turned to me. "Do you think you can remember all this information for your girlfriend?"

"Already taking notes." I smiled and she told me a few other things. Kimora was shot where only the fat and muscles laid. Anywhere else, she could've died in minutes but, it's a miracle she's still alive. Not that her getting shot was a good thing.

Kimora had to eat sitting back and not like she was on the edge of the bed. If she got a fever, felt nausea or her wound swollen up or gotten red, call her. If she was in pain, call her -the nurse I learned her name was Samantha- to make sure Kimora got her antibiotics. Basically, a bunch of things for me to remember but, only for me to call her in the end if push comes to shove. However, if she wanted to walk, I had to take her because her leg was still in pain.

Eventually, she had left out of the room and Marcus had walked in shortly after. "Jaxon, I didn't know you were here."

"He left to make me yummy food." Kimora smiled, waving her arms.

Marcus gave Kimora a funny look before looking at me. "It's the medicine." He nodded, his lips forming into an 'o'. Then he waved for me to follow him outside to the hall and so I did.

He took a deep breath. "The doctor said that only one person could stay overnight but, you shouldn't tire yourself from being here all night and day."

I grinned. "I didn't know you worried about me, Mr. Woods."

He rolled his eyes. "Oh please. Don't flatter yourself."

"Thank you for the concern Mr. Woods but, I actually want to stay with Kimora. This... is my fault. Kimora shouldn't be in here and I should've protected her from harm's way. So she can have me stay by her side however long she wants me to. I don't care." I said honestly.

His eyes widen behind his glasses for a moment. He recognized something that I didn't know what it was. He composed himself to a firm look once again. "If you insist."

I raised an eyebrow. "That's it? You're just letting me stay?"

"Yeah, Mr. I'll Stay By Her Side." He bit back a smile and I wasn't sure why he was smiling. Especially towards me. What did he find so amusing? "Shantel, Matthew, and I are going to leave. Shantel is pretty distraught right now and she's pretty exhausted along with Matthew so we are going to leave but, we'll be back tomorrow morning."

"Okay." I nodded, extending my hand out for a handshake. He simply looked at my hand before walking off not without saying, "Do something to my daughter and you'll regret it."

"You got it, boss!"

***

KIMORA

"I'm okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"Are you really really sure?"

"Yes, Kitten. I'm fine."

I surveyed him knowing he was lying. For the past few days, he's been so fatigue and even his voice was distressed. He was trying hard to hide the bags under his eyes. He left every once and while to take a shower and change but, that's only because I forced him too. He even brought me my homework from school so that was nice... even though he didn't go himself. Yet, he wouldn't bother going to sleep either no matter how hard I pushed.

It looked like he was going to collapse any minute.

The doctor said my recovery was going well, my leg was okay and my stomach still had a little while before it healed since I accidentally tore the stitches from laying a certain way yesterday. I can see why he was worried but, I was okay and in about a week or so, I'll be able to go home. I was happy to hear that. The smell of this hospital was stuck in my nose and I was ready to race out of here soon.

Drawing back from my thoughts, I noticed Jaxon dozing off but, he quickly straightened himself. 'I'm fine' my ass. I scooted over on the bed for him to lay down. "Come."

"No." He repeated, halfheartedly for the millionth time. A yawn came from him. "I'm fine."

"Mierda. (Bullshit.)" I crossed my arms, glaring at him now. He pretended he didn't see me by looking down at his phone but, I could see him just swiping back and forth of his lock screen. "Jaxon, I will ban you from visiting here again. You need to sleep."

His ears perked up but, his tired eyes were still glued to a picture of me sleeping. Which I'm not sure how he got that. "Stop worrying about me, Kitten-"

"Get out."

That made his head jolt up as confusion took over his features. "What?"

"Get out," I repeated even though I know he heard me the first time. "Since you won't go to sleep here, you aren't allowed to stay here anymore until you take care of yourself."

"I'm not leav-"

"You are. Now go." I demanded, pointing to the door.

He sighed. "Fine. I'll go to sleep." I held back a smile as he laid next to me. I put his head on my chest, stroking his hair soothingly. Suddenly, he chuckled. "You're really trying to put me to sleep."

"Of course. You're stressing yourself for nothing. You need to sleep."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, closing his eyes. "You care too much about me."

"Same for you."

After a little while, Jaxon eventually fell asleep and I sighed in relief. Thank goodness he stopped resisting. Usually, he looks good all the time but, no sleep must've taken a toll on him.

The door creaked open and I looked up to see Audrey and Tyler peering into the room. "Hey." I smiled softly.

"I see his stubborn ass is asleep," Tyler stated the obvious.

"Yeah, he was killing me with "I'm fine" but, I convinced him," I explained. Audrey smirked. "A chance to sleep on your chest, I'd take that opportunity." I rolled my eyes at her.

Tyler doubled back. "What?"

"Kimora's boobs are like soft pillows," She moved her hands as if she was touching my chest.

"I love yours though," Tyler smirked, about to touch Audrey. I cleared my throat to stop them from getting intimate with each other in a hospital ...and in front of me.

I glared at the two. "Am I not sitting here?"

Audrey scoffed. "Oh please. I can't wait to say that when you and Jaxon start being "that" couple."

"So you're saying you two are a couple, Audrey?" I countered, saving myself from embarrassment.

She blushed, looking away and Tyler smirked confidently, something was definitely going through his mind. He then turned his attention to me, his demeanor growing serious. "Anyway, we came here to talk to you about something we heard at school earlier."

"Go ahead."

They both took a seat on the opposite side of where Jaxon was laying. Tyler rubbed his tattooed arm, looking a bit nervous. "Well, Audrey and I were in the girl's restroom."

"What were you... wait. Ew. I'm not going in there anymore."

Audrey laughed. "Calm down. We only were in there because Principal Brynes was walking around the halls. We needed to hide."

"Okay," I said, not believing a word she said. I knew them well enough to know. "Alright, continue."

TYLER (and a flashback)

"You were way too loud." I laughed.

"I know," Audrey smirked, pulling on her shirt. Her hair in her face and she tried to blow the strand away from her face. I tucked it behind her ear, biting my lip. "You're wild."

She fixed one of my buttons and patting my chest. "You love it."

"That's because I love you." Audrey's eyes widen a little and she looked away from me, our whole playful mood was flipped upside down. I felt like I was shot in the chest every time she didn't say it back.

She never did.

"Tyler... don't start this."

I cupped her face, making her meet my eye again. "You know I'm not giving up on you... us."

"I know but, you really-" 

"I'm okay. Don't worry about it."  I gave her a reassuring smile but, I was lying like a bitch. I know she had her reasons for why she is too afraid to love me back... I'll just have to wait and I will.

The bathroom door opened and someone talking very loud, walked in. Audrey pulled down my shoulders, making me crouch since I was slightly taller than the stalls. I raised an eyebrow at Audrey. She put her finger on her lips, telling me to be quiet.

"Jaxon's not here?!" That's Maddy's voice.

"He's with Kimora who I heard got hurt in the forest during the trip. It explains her absence. Don't you think they are cute together?" I couldn't tell who the other girl was. I never heard her voice before so it must just be a random classmate telling Maddy about recent news.

I looked over Audrey to peek through the hole to see what was actually going on. Maddy's fists were balled up and she looked like she was ready to go on a rampage any minute. The other girl awkwardly walked past her to the mirror to fix her hair. "All that work I did for nothing."

Wait. What?

Maddy glanced up at the stall Audrey and I was in. It was like she looked directly at me.

Aw shit. I gotta think of something.

Audrey suddenly wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing me. I wasn't sure what her objective was but, I gladly played along.

There was a sound of disgust before footsteps walked out of the bathroom. Audrey pulled away from me and smiled. "There. We're safe now."

I licked my lips, pushing back my lustful thoughts. "So what are we going to tell Kimora?"

She was confused at first but, she realized what I meant. She stared off into space for a minute. "I'll confront Maddy and cave her face in if she hurt Kimora." She unlocked the stall but, I grabbed her wrist, pulling her back inside.

"No. You're not." 

She glared at me. "If she shot Kimora or had anything to do with it, I'm gonna kill her! Now let go of me!" She started to wriggle out of my hold. I grabbed both of her wrists, pinning them against the wall and glaring back at her. "I know you're angry but, you're not going to talk to me with any kind of tone, Audrey. I'll set you straight and you know that."

Audrey rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Tyler."

I ignored her attitude, continuing on talking. "We'll play smart and pretend as if we don't know anything. We can tell Kimora what we heard though." 

Audrey sighed. "Okay. Now let go of me."

I loosened my grip and she snatched her wrists away, walking out of the stall.

"I'll remember this the next time you want me," I called after her.

She tripped over her feet for a minute before she continued walking, yelling back a 'fuck you' and left out.

***

KIMORA

"Wait. Wait. Wait. Maddy shot me?" I asked, bewildered by the news I just heard.

"We don't know for sure but, it's either that or she had planned something with someone else," Tyler suggested.

Audrey crossed her arms, glaring at him. "I would've confronted her but, he didn't want me to."

Tyler raised an eyebrow here. "You still have that attitude. I thought I got rid of that before we came here, mama."

She ignored him but, her cheeks were still red. "You sure you don't remember anything, Kimora?"

I shook my head. "No. I don't remember anything."

"This is getting annoying." Audrey flicked my forehead. "Think harder."

I pouted, putting my hand to my head. "But I am."

"If you were, you would've been remembered."

I sighed. "Yeah but, I didn't. It's killing me not knowning."

"Hopefully you'll remember soon."

"Yeah..."

***

a/n: audrey and tyler are so cute.

i really need to bring the other couples in more. DX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 261 32
Jaxon Campbell was the school bad boy, the rebel that no one wanted to get on his bad side. He was mean, and he was the biggest player that anyone co...
211K 10.9K 81
Book #2 in The Fire series SELENE BLAZE "You've got the wrong girl." I say as I continue to take a step backward. He stepped forward not letting me g...
207K 1.5K 8
{Highest Rank - #15 Teen Fiction (8/7/2016)} {Completed - 12/9/2016} {Being Re-Published} {Currently under major editing and also a bit of re-writing...
108K 2.1K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...