Hiding In The Shadows (a Full...

By saturnthehero

Alchemy. A science formed around the laws of equivalent exchange. Edward and Alphonse Elric learned the hard... More

Darkness awaits everyone
Girls are just as powerful!
A chapter with too much ass kicking to mention
On the road again..
The past has a way of catching up
Story Time
Remembering the dead
The truth within the truth
Laboratory 5
The lost souls
Blood Red Feelings.
Become Human
Limbs lost for those who care
An adventure without Scarlett is simply not as sweet
#sidestorymode!!!!
Teacher's know best.
Who's true limbs?
East headquarters doesn't stand a chance
Playing as if we were Gods
Field Trip to the Deep Dante and kidnappings
Greed consumes
Greed's demise
The Sinners Within All
Wherever the river may flow, keep on track!
Secrets hidden just beyond our sight
Costumes to hide who you are
Holy mother of somone I've never known
One Does Not Simply Stop Scar.
Finally, Wishes Are Granted In A Twisted Way
Stray Dogs Without Collars
Long Talks That Mean Nothing And Flirting
Hohenhiem of Light
Rotten On The Inside
Depression Sets In
Nothing But Myself
Sealing The Homunculus
You Were Human, To Me, Lust.
Is This Goodbye..?
The Other Elric Brothers? No Such Thing!!
Knocking On Truth's Door To See On The Other Side
Awaiting Everyone Is Darkness In The End.
Epilogue, And A Final Goodbye.
Little bit about me and SEQUEL IDEAS!!
Sequel update.

Let the insults flow over you Idiot with anger issues.

9.1K 291 68
By saturnthehero

Scarlett's P.O.V.

Edward Elric, yeah, I've heard of him. What I've heard is that he's a shortie and a bitch that thinks he's so badass, but can't handle the destruction that comes with being a State Alchemist.

"WHAT?!? YOU WANT ME TO LOOK AFTER THAT IDIOT?!" I screeched at Roy.

"I'M NOT AN IDIOT!!" Edward turned to me, his head looking as if it were going to explode.

"Ed! Calm down!" The suit if armor wrapped his arms around the shortie, keeping me out if his grasp. Whatever, like I can't snap this child's legs in half anytime.

"Full Metal!" Roy yelled above the chaos. We all stopped and looked to him. "I want your full respect to Scarlett. She is your superior, and I do not want a bad report from her." With that, the seething alchemist left the room being dragged by the suit of armor. I noticed something, the brother with armor didn't have a body; only the blackness engulfed the inside. With Edward's arm and leg gone and his brother in the state he is, I could only guess one thing. I slowly began to laugh at my realization.

"You're serious? To look after those two is like looking after an invisible man: A pain in the ass." I said through laughs. "And to think! Those two committed the ultimate taboo! Ha!" Roy's frown deepened, giving me a knowing look.

"They mean well. The Elrics have been to hell and back." Riza chimes in to defend the boys, but I rolled my eyes.

"So have I. And trust me, I've seen more of hell." My smile fades, and began towards the door. "If you broke my cover just to take care of him, fine, I'll do the job, but I'm not responsible for any shit he does on his own." With that, I left them to the silence. I started to speed walk to catch up with the Elric brothers. Which really wasn't hard considering Edward was so short.

"Hey!" I call to them. They turn around, and Edward glares at me. "Look, all of us are in a situation that we don't like, but either way, we're stuck together."

"If you think you think you can just waltz around telling us what to do, you're dead wrong!" Edward spat at me, putting up his grumbly little fists. Alphonse just looked confusingly from me to his brother.

"What are you doing brother!? She'll kick your ass!" He panicked. I smiled. So he's up for a kick in the ass is he? Somebody needs to teach this squirt respect.

"No, no, Alphonse, if he really wants to take out his anger on me, I won't disappoint." I said, cracking my knuckles with excitement. "After all, it's not everyday you fight the Full Metal Shrimp."

"IM NOT A SHRIMP!!!!" He screamed, forgetting about fighting. I smiled and ran quickly toward him, doing a sweep kick. Edward fell on the cobblestone ass first. The best part was that it had begun to rain so we were now all wet. It's going to take forever to dry my hair...

"You lose sight of your opponent when you're angry." I instruct him, jumping into the air to dodge his fist. "Without your alchemy, you're just a idiot with anger issues." I ducked and punched him hard in the gut. A crowd was forming around us, whispers being exchanged. I simply kept dogging his attacks, since they were frontal attacks and basic ones at that. He lunged at my waist, but at the last second I twirled away, the back of my leg coming in contact with his back. He did a face plant into the stone. I laughed over the sound of rain. Alphonse raised his hand to his face, shaking his head and mumbling,

"Brother, why can't you just back down?" Edward kept punching away; not giving me a moment to dodge. I simply blocked all of his tiny fists in perfect sync. I put my hands behind my back all business like and I still kept dodging his sloppy attacks. He had a pattern that was too predictable. Punch, punch, kick, retreat five steps, upper kick.

"That's it!" He yelled. Edward clapped his hands together and put them to the ground. Wow, no Transmutation circle. Really impressed. Note the sarcasm. a large spike formed from the ground underneath me. I balanced atop the spike before sliding down the side, clapping my hands together for a moment and tapping the ground. a large rectangular chunk of ground slid toward Edward. He jumped back, astounded. More and more people were gathering around, even soldiers, cheering me on. I ran up the rectangular chunk and jumped to the other side of Edward, clapping my hands midair and tapping the ground again. Once more, a large chunk of ground slid sideways toward Edward. Huh, maybe I should just say Ed. A lot easier. I kept jumping to all sides of Ed, bringing more and more chunks out, trapping him.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?" He screamed, unable to move.

I walked up the dirt entrapping him. Kneeling toward his face, I snickered at my win. It only took five minutes. How desperate are the military if they need a half ass kid like this?

"I win." I said loud enough for everyone to hear. "This whole fight started, because you couldn't take a insult." I inform him, my smile turning into a frown as I let alchemy take the large chunks of Earth back into the ground. I turned to Edward, and Alphonse who was helping him up.

"Let the insults flow over you, like a rock against the current of water."

Edward's P.O.V.

Damn bitchy woman. Al helped me up while Scarlett stood frowning to the sky. The crowd dispersed and we stormed away. The stupid ginger was on our tail the whole time, still looking up at the sky.

"Psst. Elrics." I stopped and looked down a shady alleyway. A familiar man walked out, drenched from the rain pouring from the sky.

"Doctor Marcoh?" I asked. He walked into the light and nodded. Scarlett stayed quiet through all of this, wonder what she's thinking. She keeps looking around, her eyes snapping from one place to another, pulling in her black jacket identical to mine.

"I forgot to give you this." He handed me a small piece of paper, and I simply stared at it before shoving it in my pocket to shield it from rain. "Perhaps you'll find the truth hidden in the truth."

"But why did you come?" Al asks. I thought the same thing. Why did he leave the safety of the country to come to Central and possibly get arrested by the Military Police.

"You were right. I can't hide forever, and you certainly can't hide from your past. If you have a chance to help the world, but it means taking a look back into the past, then it's worth it." Marcoh smiled as the heavy rain lightened to a sprinkle. "The things we did in the Ishvalan Civil War, it was inhuman. The way we slaughtered those people, then said it was an uprising was just...."

I sighed. Ishval is a city part of this great nation, Amestris. The people believed in their god, Ishvala. Most of their race was wiped out in a matter of days when king Fuhrer Bradley ordered all state alchemist to fight in the war. Wait- does that mean Scarlett was ordered to fight too? I turned my eyes briefly to her; she was staring off into space at the ground.

"Scarlett, were you in the war too?" I finally got the question out of my mouth. She whipped her head from its trance on the ground and gave me a unemotional look.

"No. Mustang requested I go undercover days before the state alchemists were ordered to fight, but I got a taste of the fight." She looked back at the ground. Seriously? What's wrong with her? She's been quiet ever since we met Marcoh.

"Wait a minute. I'd know that face anywhere. Scarlett? Little Scarlett? Is that really you?" Marcoh's frown turned into a smile of joy. She looked up from the ground and nodded. He rushed past us and gathered the ginger into his arms.

"I can't believe it! Look how,....well, you haven't grown much!" He laughed and she laughed along. I wouldn't be able to do that, I'd want to choke anyone who calls me short. "I haven't seen you before the war. How are you?"

"Pretty good. I'm supposed to be the Elric's new bodyguard, and trust me, it ain't that easy. One of them's hard to see without a magnifying glass." She laughed.

"That's nice and all, but why don't we go talk somewhere other than Central? We can go to Resmbol and talk at the Rockbells." I sighed. I hated reunions like this. Marcoh's face grew pale. He began to run and he yelled back before turning the corner,

"I can never go back to the Rockbells."

"What the hell was that about?" I asked, turning to Scarlett. She shook her head.

"I was never well informed of what happened in Ishbal." She shrugged. We raced after Doctor Marcoh, but at the end of the alleyway, the Military police had a man at gunpoint from every angle. He turned to us, the large, X shaped scar that was bound to his face easily seen. No, that, that was the man responsible for the state Alchemist's death! He was a murderer! Scarlett got in front of us, pushing us back with one of her hands.

"You..." He whispered to Scarlett. she tightened her jaw and kept a stern face of anger on. "God has given me a great pleasure to destroy you, Black Shadow Alchemist."

He plunged toward her at a blinding speed.

"EDWARD! ALPHONSE! RUN!"

__________________

Another chapter done, another day wasted. As my father would say. LOL. I don't care, this is fun! :D

Comment

Like

Follow.

~ Saturnthehero

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mute By Go Away

Fanfiction

3.6K 172 17
(Y/N) escaped the homunculi, barely holding on to her shredded life, 8 years ago. She was 7. At 11 years old, she surpassed Edward Elric in becoming...
9.1K 403 31
The world where I am born is cruel. My country, this so small country, Amestris, is leaded by war, in hope peace would come one day. My first friends...
147K 5.6K 63
No one would call Sonia an ordinary teenage girl. She has no family left to speak of, was born with strange psychic powers, and is an improving alche...
47K 1.9K 19
You had known Edward and Alphonse throughout your childhood. But will the hardships of being a State Alchemist tear the two of you apart? The title o...