grace under pressure • jerome...

By LOVELYVALESKA

"What's courage? Grace Under Pressure." Grace Sky. An 18 year old girl with seemingly everything. Although... More

PROLOGUE
CHAP.1: Arkham
CHAP.2: Therapy And The Common Room
CHAP.3: What A Rush
CHAP.4: A Friend And Stories
CHAP.5: Doctor Annoying
CHAP.6: Visitor
CHAP.7: New Inmate
CHAP. 8: Break Out
CHAP. 9: Settling In
CHAP. 10: That's Were I Know The Name
CHAP. 11: MANIAX
CHAP. 12: Ladies And Gentlemen
CHAP.13: Roaming Around
CHAP.14: Who's The Boss?
CHAP.15: Give Me An O!
CHAP.16: Celebration
CHAP.17: Police Station
CHAP.18: Jerome's Revenge
CHAP.19: Grace's Revenge
CHAP.20: Getting Ready
CHAP.21: The Curtain Rises
CHAP.22: Dazed
CHAP.23: Time
CHAP.24: Memories
CHAP.25: Break In
CHAP.26: Cult
CHAP.27: Street Rat
CHAP.28: Blood Test
CHAP.29: Surprise
CHAP.30: Jail Time
CHAP.31: Hiya Sis
CHAP.32: Breaking News
CHAP.33: Power Plant
CHAP.34: Reunited
CHAP.35: There Are No Rules
CHAP.36: Wayne Manor
CHAP.37: Circus (Part 1)
CHAP.38: Circus (Part 2)
CHAP.39: Maze Of Mirrors
CHAP.40: Looking Back
CHAP.41: Back At Arkham
CHAP.42: Haircut
CHAP.43: Under Our Thumb
CHAP.44: Hathead
CHAP.45: Secret
CHAP.46: Doubt
CHAP.47: Birthday
CHAP.48: Limpy
CHAP.49: Lunchtime
CHAP.50: Make Us Laugh
CHAP.51: That's A Spoon
CHAP.52: You'll Come Around
CHAP.53: Strange Place
CHAP.54: Escaping The Hellhole
CHAP.55: Red Crows
CHAP.56: Three Soups
CHAP.57: Diner
CHAP.59: Recruits
CHAP.60: Mandatory Brunch Meeting
CHAP.61: Business Proposition
CHAP.62: Proxy
CHAP.63: Maze
CHAP.64: Family Reunion
CHAP.65: Test Subject
CHAP.66: Except Your Sanity
CHAP.67: Stagecraft
CHAP.68: Three Empty Chairs
CHAP.69: Not According To Plan
CHAP.70: Rooftop
EPILOGUE
THE END!

CHAP.58: To The Rescue

2.1K 52 6
By LOVELYVALESKA

  After Jerome and I left the diner, we decided to give our outfits a little more flare. We broke into a local store with guns and man did we see people run fast. Ha! Jerome got a suit with a little help from my keen eye at fashion (of course). But I couldn't really find anything that spoke to me. So...I decided to make my own outfit. I took a bunch of different kinds of outfits and cut, pasted, sowed and stitched them all together! I now had a my own creation.

  I had gone a little bit more colorful than Jerome's outfit. I had created a top with one side purple and the other black, having straps to let me move around with more ease. I made finger less gloves that settled at my elbows. I had made black shorts with tights and combat boots that settled at my knees since I knew I would be moving around. I also made my own black bow and purple diamond in the middle that I had around my neck. I put my hair in one french braid and the other side down on either sides of my head and I actually thought I did pretty well with it despite my frizzy, untamed, unnaturally curly hair. 

  Once Jerome and I had gotten our outfits straightened out, we started to head for the core of Gotham. I was right about Hatty. He had gotten himself caught by Jimbo. He was being shipped off to Arkham once again when his little plan to send everyone over the edges of buildings failed. Actually, it was Jerome and I's plan so I guess we failed. But yet we succeeded at the same time. Such a twist right?

  We needed Jimbo's attention away from us so we could do what we needed to do. I got rid of the people trying to kill me and Jerome got the information he needed to see his dear ol' brother again. I really wanted to see this guy. I just couldn't imagine another Jerome. It was too hard. I guess from knowing Jerome for so long that I couldn't really compare him to anything or anyone else. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what the guy was like. But from what Jerome told me about him, he seemed wimpy. 

  Back to Hatty. We still needed him for various things so we needed to get him back. Baggy would help us of course. A little spray of gas here, another there, then we'd be good to go! HA! It wasn't like Jerome and I hadn't planned every single detail of this plan. We had been planning this for the past year! We knew every flaw that would come and Hatty being caught was just what we wanted to happen. 

  Right now Jerome and I were laughing in the car at what we had just done all in one night! It was amazing how much we had accomplished in just a few hours. I could tell Jerome was really happy about killing his uncle. I was too. The guy seemed like a jackass. But not only that, I understood what it was like to kill someone from your past who had caused you harm and damage that would never go away. I had done it many times over. He was ecstatic! And that made me ecstatic! And now we were both in a car laughing ecstatic together, laughing in the car like lunatics. 

  The radio blasted in the car around us and I sang off key to the song to which Jerome laughed at. He leaned over and kissed me on my cheek then to my neck, biting down playfully. I laugh harder as the car weaves with his movements. He laughs as well and pulls back. I go over the console and kiss him hard on the lips and we both lean in, not really paying attention nor caring about the road. God this was fun! All the waiting in Arkham was worth it. It really was. 

  Jerome and I finally separate once Jerome almost runs the car into a pole. I settle back into my seat and continue to laugh as Jerome whipped around a corner and even sent the car tilting a bit until the car wheels came back onto the road with a bump. I breathe out and turn to him. 

  "Where do you think Baggy is?" I ask. Jerome laughs wildly. 

  "Ah I know where he is." He growls with a wide grin. I smile as well as he turns yet another corner.

  Adrenaline pumped in my veins. Fast and burning. It made everything around me seem twice as exciting. The car seemed to be bigger than it was. I had gotten the blood off my mouth and chest but the taste lingered and it just kept making flash back to killing Eddie. And man did I love that memory! I WAS JUST SO AMAZINGLY HAPPY I FELT LIKE I COULD FLY!

  "God I love this!" I shout over the music, jerking back in my seat with a laugh. Jerome chuckles next to me.

  "Ah it's barley begun!" He tells me. We both laugh as we speed down the road. 

                                           |TIME SKIP|

  We found Baggy collecting ingredients for his gas at a doctor drug store or something and decided for him to come with us. After a little hassle about him having to leave some of his ingredients, we got him to come with us and we stole a nearby truck that was just begging to be stolen. I mean who just leaves the keys in their truck in Gotham. They were asking for it. 

  Once doing that, we had to actually look for where the hell the GCPD truck transporting Hatty was and what part of town it was in before they got Hatty back in Arkham. Because once he was inside the walls we wouldn't be able to get him out. Since the breakout, I assume they had maximum security up now. Soooo, now we were racing the streets of Gotham in search of the annoying, long haired rhyming idiot. 

  I played with my hair and laughed at Jerome's jokes as we drove down the streets. I wound up trying to annoy Baggy with my "great charismatic personality" which ended with him pointing his gas at my face and threatening me. I laughed and continued to joke around but Jerome got me to stop but took my side, growling at Baggy. I stuck my tongue out before turning back into my seat.

  The night was starting to come to an end and I was starting to think we wouldn't find Hatty's truck. That is when I notice, when looking out my window, I see in big white letters, on the side of a truck, reading GCPD. I gasp loudly which caused Jerome to jerk the steering wheel. I point to where I see the truck disappear behind a corner. I laugh. 

  "There! I saw it!" I say with a large grin. Jerome narrows his eyes and chuckles lowly before giving a nod. He laughs. 

  "Then hold on!" He says. 

  Jerome suddenly turns the wheel a full 180 so fast I was surprised I didn't get whiplash. My shoulder hit the door hard but I laughed. I heard Baggy grunt in the back of the truck and that just causes me to chuckle. He growls in return.

  "Ah shut up." I say, waving my hand as Jerome hits the gas pedal. I feel my shoulders press into my seat from how fast Jerome was going. I look out the window and see the back of the GCPD truck turn around a corner and just out of sight. I point.

  "That way!" I yell. Jerome nods. 

  "Rodger!" He says while just continuing to speed up. 

  We turn the corner and see the GCPD truck driving away from us. Jerome muttered something then started to speed forward and start to go through a narrow alleyway. I raise a brow but see he turns fast and goes up the street. He turns again and I see what he was doing. I chuckle. He pulls out and I see the GCPD truck in front of us now. I narrow my brows and lean forward as I see the driver to the GCPD truck freak out at our sudden appearance. I see he makes a face before hitting the brake. 

  Jerome stops the truck and I open the truck door, hoping out and giving a little skip. Baggy comes out quickly and starts to walk up the truck at a fast pace. I see the driver of the GCPD truck get out, complaining until Baggy suddenly holds his wrist up and sprays his gas. The man coughs before suddenly going wide eyed and screams, running away. Jerome laughs and we start to walk up to the truck. He throws open the doors. 

  I see a muzzled Hatty with strangled messy hair and wide eyes sitting in a seat in the back with chains around his wrists and ankles. I smile wide, flashing my pearly whites with a sadistic expression. I could tell he was smiling even behind his mask. I wave at him. 

  "Hiya Hatty!" I greet enthusiastically. He starts to rock back and forth as Jerome takes a step onto the truck. He raises his hands out. 

  "How do ya like the new threads?" He asks. Hatty starts to rock wildly in his seat now and I laugh, climbing aboard with Baggy. Jerome shakes his head, walking forward to take his mask off.

  "Oh speechless I know." He says. He gets the mask off and Jervis let's in a long breath. Baggy nears him as I look around the back of the truck with a grin with Jerome. 

  "You look a fright Mr. Tetch." Baggy says as he sits next to Hatty to undo his chains. 

  "Somewhat lame my dear Mr.Crane. But I do confess pure joy in besting Jimmy boy with our ploy!" He rhymes with a wide grin. I give a low chuckle. Jerome waves his hand.

  "Yeah yeah you did a great job keeping Gordon occupied. Meanwhile Crane got his fear gas, Grey got those pesky men off her case, I got my information, everything is going according to my plan." He explains, putting his hands together. I raise a brow at him from his last sentence, clicking my tongue. He gives a nervous smile. 

  "Our plan." He corrects. I smile and nod, putting my hands behind my back as Hatty and Baggy turn their attention to us. 

  "But!" Jerome says. "No time to palaver, gentlemen. We have fish to fry." He goes to turn around ad leave but stops. He turns back around. "And by fish I mean faces...or feet." I raise a brow at his seeming confusion towards the subject but he waves his hands and laughs. 

  "Ah something fun to fry!" He says and I shake my head. He hops off the truck with a twist then motions to me. I grin and jump off as well.

  "Buckle up." Jerome tells them.  He smiles evilly as he slams the back of the doors shut. We grin at one another before we start to make our way to the front of the truck, me going on one side and him going on the other. He hits his side of the truck as I go to climb into my side. He comes to the front seat and before climbing in, hangs off the side of the truck and yells. 

  "All aboard!" He calls out and I laugh. Jerome starts up the truck engine and truck starts to move. I slam on the door. 

  "Ooh we're coming!" 

  Throughout the quiet night the only thing that could be heard was our insane wild laughter echoing through the streets. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 4.1K 36
Arthur has always seen the world through different eyes. From his hearty chuckle, to the very core of his optimistic personality, he was always one t...
24.7K 465 31
Gotham city, a place run by mob bosses and the notorious Bat. A girl gets orphanated at a very young age and grows up dealing with the trauma. During...
32.8K 1.1K 23
"Madness, as you know... Is a lot like gravity... All it takes is a little. push." I know what your asking yourself... Am I really the jokers daught...
127K 3.9K 27
(Warning: Rated R) " "No...no..! Your not suppose to be here.", Mary thought to her self. There was a big roll of thunder, Grace started to whimper a...