CHAP.35: There Are No Rules

Jerome and I soon after our little chat, tied Dwight up in a chair. Just like old times. We then strapped him to many tanks of gasoline and what looked like mini bombs. If I knew of this stuff had been here before I would have bombarded this place as soon as I was able. I mean, there were cases of explosives in a power plant! How many times does that happen in your life huh?

  After we tied him up to the bombs and gas, I took the police hat and shoved it on Dwight's head. He shifted in a very awkward way. 

  "Um...what is going on?" He asks nervously. Jerome stops and stands by me and we share a look before turning back to Dwight. 

  "You'll see." We say at the same time before laughing. I turned and helped Jerome with t.v equipment as I turned and shifted the camera. I stroke my chin. 

  "Hmm. What about here?" I say and I turn to Jerome. He examines it before nodding and giving a thumbs up. 

  "Perfect." He says. He then rolls his head, making a scratchy noise deep in his throat then continued to work on the wire. I shake my head with smile but continue to shift the camera. 

  We were going to broad cast this to all of Gotham City. We were planning on doing it right. We decided, that since we were in a power plant that had all the energy for Gotham in it, we would shut down that energy, making the whole city go black. It would be...amazing. 

  After I was finishing up Jerome came up to me and wrapped his hands around my waist. I smile and look back at him. 

  "I never knew a guy would like my midsection so much." I say. He chuckles and puts his face in the crook of my neck.

  "I like a whole lot more than your midsection." He whisper suggestively. I laugh. He laughs as well then goes to stand up and away from me. But something stops him. I look at him. He was still in place, not moving and seeming to stare at something on my neck. 

  "What's wrong?" I say. He lifts a hand from my waist and runs his finger over the scar across my neck. Whoops. I forgot that was there. 

  "What is this?" He says, partly growling. I swallow. I turn back in front of me. 

  "A scar." I say simply, sorting through the equipment to give the final touches. I could literally feel him roll his eyes. 

  "Yes, I know that. But where did you get it from." He says, his voice a little more angry than before. I don't answer him, not meeting his eyes. "Grey. Look at me." I sigh and turn to him. He raises a brow to me. I fiddle with my hands and look down at them. 

  "I...after you died, I was sent to Arkham. It was just like before. They started to shocks again. But it was worse without you there. After a little bit, my mind broke apart. I didn't want to live anymore. So...I slit my throat." I tell him slowly, as if drawing it out would help me in any way. 

  He stayed quiet for the entire time I spoke, not making a sound and not moving away from me. I feel tears in my eyes and looked at him. 

  "I wanted to join you Jerome." I say quietly and filled with sadness. He looks at me for a moment, studying my eyes before suddenly coming down and meeting his lips with mine. I kiss back before we both pull away. Jerome puts a finger under my chin and raises my head to look at him. 

  "That sweet, Grey. But, you shouldn't of done that. You need to wreak havoc. You need to cause the destruction we set out to do together. Promise me, if I ever do die again, to not try anything like that again." He tells me. I nod and smile wide. 

  "I promise." I say. I meant it. I did find it wildly stupid I had tried to kill myself, even before he said anything. Jerome smiled as well and chuckled before kissing me once more. He then pulled away and clapped his hands together.