ELEMENTALS

Von anonymous_1698

*au fanfic Four elements Fire, water, earth and wind. Four people born to wield and master the power of each... Mehr

A / N
FIRE
WATER
EARTH
WIND
THE ONE
THE MISSION
THE GREAT EVIL
FIVE
BARELY ESCAPED
A/N

WHY

127 10 2
Von anonymous_1698

A/N:

^ I love that movie because of the soundtrack...

Not because of Megan Fox or Amanda Seyfried or the totally hot lesbian stuff going on...

😏

Anyways carry on reading

• • •

Toxic Valentine suddenly blared in the room.

It was obnoxiously loud that has pulled her from the dark abyss where the bad guys chased her after they killed her mom and brought her back to life. She loves All Time Low but at the moment it was irritating. She shut her eyes tightly closed as soon as she snapped them open.

Why the... Too bright...

Her eyes may be closed but her nostrils were not. She could inhale a faint scent she can't describe. However, it was somewhat relaxing, making her feel slightly heady, but still aware of other things. Like how cold the room was or the faint murmurs behind the blaring tune of her alarm.

Her awareness despite the lack of sight made her realize she is not in the basement of Emily and Alison's house. The basement that she made as her own personal space.

A dark, humid space where she knows her way around so well and where everything is placed. A dark, humid room where she sees her mom in her dreams and in the dark silhouette reflecting on the mirror.

Slowly she opened her eyes. She squinted them on the white ceiling as she turned her head. Her vision was a bit blurry but she can see the lines on the ceiling, the bright florescent lights, the bare white wall, the hardwood door...

Where am I...?

Lauren turned her throbbing head to her left and her sling bag was right there. It looked damp and her phone was making its usual noise at six forty five a.m inside it. The case containing her guitar was perched on the wall across. It also looks damp and has a crack on it.

Upon seeing the crack, her eyes widened and she shot up on the soft bed. Sudden pain shot in her temples as she did. Her head really hurts. But she would feel more hurt if her guitar was broken.

All Time Low was still blaring as she racked her brain of previous events that led her to where she is at the moment, filling the well lit unfamiliar room with noise. Lauren fished it out of her sling bag and realized it was really damp. The alarm on her phone was still going on despite her attempts at shutting it off.

And it kept going on and on and on.

Damn it... My phone is broken...

Frustration, confusion, fear and depression hit her all at once. She flung her phone as her inner turmoil led her to do so. The device hit the wall next to the opening door with a startling smash and the person who was about to enter ducked to save their life.

Lauren realized what she just did and felt oddly guilty. But the war inside her mind squished whatever guilt she was feeling.

The door was left ajar, and the person who opened it moments ago was hiding behind it. Though it seemed like an afterthought, the person gently knocked and one brown eye peeked through the small opening.

One brown eye that she has seen not so long ago.

"Hi..."

Lauren just stared.

"May I come in?"

Lauren sighed and ran her hand through her dark hair, "You were about to enter earlier without knocking anyway, so suit yourself,"

The girl's cheeks were a touch of pink against a tanned skin.

She bit her lip as she entered and stepped closer to the bed where Lauren sat, the rest of her body covered only by the white sheets. Feeling the soft fabric of the sheets on her bare skin, she just realized that she was only wearing her black lace bra and underwear. Swallowing her own embarassment and without much thought, Lauren pulled the sheets up to her shoulders and put up her best poker face.

"I was just passing by when I heard some rock music. I wonder what you were up to," it was the girl with pretty chocolate eyes and big round butt that she just wanted to squeeze.

Lauren closed her eyes and sighed again.

She doesn't know how her own mind works anymore. Just a few moments ago she was struggling with confusion as to where she is, fear of what just happened to her, frustration about her phone's alarm not turning off and her regular daily dose of depression hitting her smack in the face because her mom was haunting her dreams again.

And now, just a moment later, she wants to squeeze some pretty girl's ass. Lauren internally slapped herself.

"It was my alarm. It won't turn off and it kind of pissed me off,"

"I see... Throwing stuff when pissed off, so noted," the girl teasingly nodded as she tucked both her hands in her pink hoodie and rocked the balls of her feet.

"Who are you? Where am I?" Lauren asked in her attempt to not stare at the girls tanned long smooth legs covered only by a very short and tight black running shorts.

"My name is Camila and you're in the safe house. You were attacked last night, some creepy guys were trying to haul you to their van but-"

"I kicked one guy's balls but the other guy brass knuckled my face, I sort of remember..." Lauren cut the girl off with a slight grin, finally remembering the previous events that led her to where she is at the moment.

"Pretty much... How do you feel?"

"Peachy..."

Camila raised an eyebrow at her but she was smirking. Lauren sighed and rolled her eyes, "My head hurts like a bitch but I'll live. What are you doing across the street last night? I saw your car..."

"What car?" Camila tried to stall though she already knows it's futile.

"I know your car. Silver lexus, I know the plates,"

"Why does your alarm go off so early? And why Toxic Valentine?" Camila retorted, clearly avoiding to answer her question.

Before Lauren can respond with either another question or a sassy remark, a knock on the door interrupted and a smaller girl with blonde hair popped her head through the door.

"Hey, is she up?" The girl on the door asked, "Commander won't rest, and she would rather meet The One than close her eyes to nap,"

"Its barely seven in the morning but yeah she's up. But I don't think she's up to meet Lexa," she heard Camila say.

"Uh, hey..." The small girl turned her attention to Lauren and gave her a curt smile, "I'm Ally by the way. How are you feeling?"

Lauren stared blankly, still confused at whatever is happening but answered back anyway, "Dandy... Where are my clothes?"

"Oh they're in the dryer... Mila will let you borrow some of her clothes,"

Lauren quirked an eyebrow at Camila who sheepishly excused herself to talk to Ally. She took that moment to eye her from head to toe.

The girl doesn't just have a beautiful face that's most likely been sculpted by the angels but she also has that body that could stop traffic in Madison Square and Broadway. Every inch of her was every definition of gorgeous.

Lauren gulped.

Realizing where her train of thoughts were going, she closed her eyes one more time and pressed her temples with her fingers. Of all the things she can ponder on, her mind decided to focus on pretty brown eyes and sharp jaw and tanned legs and big butt.

Lauren wasn't sure if she should be delighted or disappointed with herself.

"I'll get you some aspirin and some clothes," Camila said after a while, "You just relax there for a bit, besides it's still early,"

Lauren didn't bother to say anything else when miss pretty brown eyes left the room. She forced herself to think of the most recent events that transpired in her life and wondered why.

Why, of all people, she was the one to meet these weird ladies that could conjure up fire out of nowhere. Why, of all people, she has to be the one to stand there, get burned and heal herself without an actual medical attention. Why, of all people, she has to be the one to go through all this shit.

Why would anyone want to grab her and take her against her will. And more importantly, why was Camila there last night. Why was there a lot of water sprinkling like fountain and gushing like flood everywhere in the street last night before she passed out. Why would Camila bring her to this place called safe house.

Lauren wanted answers.

All her life she had many why's to ask, and has been wanting and searching for the answers. She hasn't got much but if she's being completely honest, the why's weren't exactly the question she wanted to have answers for.

All her life since she was five, she wanted the answer for who.

Who are those monsters who killed her mom. Who are those evil incarnates that ruined her family.

Who are they and once she finds the answer to that, and trust one day she will, Lauren will carry out the one answer to that one question, doesn't matter why they did that heinous crime. She kept on living her life despite the misery and solitude because one day she will find them and serve her purpose as to why she kept on going.

Revenge...

• • •

"Get some rest, Lexa," she heard Lena say as she flipped the hundredth pancake on the pan.

"My wife is dying, my world is in chaos. I need all of this nightmare to be over. Until then, maybe I will rest..." Lexa said, still with strong conviction in her tone despite her tired voice.

"You won't be of any help to your people if you don't regain your strength, old friend..."

The kingsguard has launched a massive attack on the insurgent elves whilst trying to help an entire community of mine workers escape to a hidden island who were decreed by the king into force labor. Hundreds of villages with hundreds of families in it in the world of elves, including children, were forced to mine jewels, gold and silver for the king, with minimum to no compensation at all. Hundreds more were forced into servitude and slavery to create weapons used to annihilate whoever stands against the tyrranical rule of the king. Hundreds more were forced into experimentation to push out the extent of elven strength and create the ultimate and indestructible warriors of the elves.

By all efforts and decrees, it was very apparent that the king was preparing for something much bigger than his plots of eliminating the insurgents.

Lexa and the last of her armies who had the strength and guts to stand against the king were massively outnumbered. She couldn't stand a chance.

Looking back in time, it would have been a different outcome had Korra lived and Asami didn't betray her fellow elementals a century ago. Looking at present circumstances now, it would have been a different story had The One of this generation would have been already prepared for battle.

A shuffle of footsteps and quiet exchange of words caught their attention and there she was, The One, clad in Camila's gray hoodie and sweatpants, with Camila herself and Ally flanking her. Ally then excused herself to help Normani with the wounded upstairs.

While Lexa regarded her warily, Lena spoke in her warm welcoming tone.

"I see you're an early riser too, Lauren. Come join us for breakfast,"

The girl of the hour looked around and saw a number of pointy-eared homo sapiens wearing some sort of hooded robes and long tunics like some fashion statement moving about. Some quietly tended to their wounds while some enjoyed the pancakes Dinah just prepared. Others paused to look back at The One.

Dinah can't tell for sure if the green eyed girl was bewildered, confused or terrified with that look in her face. But one thing was for certain, the girl has that utter questioning look in her green eyes.

"They're elves," she offered an answer, "You'll learn and understand more if you just keep an open mind,"

Lauren regarded her, her eyes were a pair of piercing green that could elicit either utter discomfort or utter pleasure, depending on perspective. Dinah felt neither, because she would rather focus her mind on the task at hand than to wonder how attractive or pulling those eyes were.

The girl seemed to considered her suggestion and moved a few wary steps forward. Her gaze lingered from one elf to another as she did until it rested on Lexa. The commander has her usual impassive yet authoritative look, however Lauren did not falter in her gaze or bat her eyes away. Instead she met the elf warrior's penetrating look like a head on challenge.

"Is she The One?" The battered and bruised commander of the elves asked.

"No. I'm just Lauren... What is going on?"

"Come sit, have some pancakes..." Camila gently guided her to the granite countertop where heaps of pancakes were stacked, ready for everyone's consumption.

Dinah, despite forcing herself to pay attention to cooking, still noticed the slightest hint of discomfort in Lauren's demeanor at Camila's touch. Her mind went reeling at that particular observation, as if puzzle pieces were scattered in there but she just can't put them together to make a bigger picture.

"I have work today, I can't stay for long,"

"Just hear us out," Camila said pulling a bar stool next to Lauren.

"We don't mean to disrupt your life, but you have to understand that there are things that you should know, things that are of greater and urgent importance," Lena began as she handed out a plate of pancakes with maple syrup and butter to Lauren, "Those guys who wanted to take you last night, they work for someone who wanted you and the power you have,"

"You mean the healing mojo shit?"

"There is more to it than you think, buddy," Camila commented.

"You mean that thing Lena said yesterday about The One," Lauren mused as she forked her pancakes. However she didn't take a bite.

"Yes," Lena answered. " And I apologize if I came on too strong asking you things about unnatural occurrences in your life since you were a child. My apologies if I was misinformed about your mother. I hope you don't mind but please do tell us what really happened that night. What really happened to you..."

As soon as Lena mentioned the girl's mom, Dinah felt it. And she was certain Lena and Camila felt it too, even Normani and Ally despite them being on another room. Some kind of indescribable pull, a sense of something palpable only elementals could feel. It was as if an unspoken statement that means connection. A powerful connection. A sense of strong simmering heat energy coursing through just underneath the skin. However for some reason, that said heat remained just under the surface. Palpable and strong, but just beneath the surface. If Dinah's own family was a touchy subject for her that makes her want to go haywire, it seems like Lauren's mother was the touchy subject for the green eyed girl that taps in to that inner and primal energy in her.

A primordial sense of power that connects them.

"I do mind..." The girl said in a growling tone, as if she was trying to hold back an outburst,"...if you weird people would just pry about my mom then I would very much rather leave than listen to your shit,"

She took offense in that statement. Yes, it's a shitty world but no need to rub it in.

"You listen to our shit because it's your shit too! Shit's been going down and we need you and whatever shitty power you have to end this shit that's been ruining lives not just in this world but in other worlds too!" unlike Lauren, Dinah couldn't hold back her outburst, something that's very inherent among fire elementals, and she slammed the last pancake on top of a heaping mountain of other pancakes.

"Okay, let's calm down for a bit and discuss this like civilized creatures," Camila suggested.

"Lauren just listen. Look around at these elves and try to see something. Put aside whatever issues you have and let us enlighten you," Dinah sighed and tried to calm herself, "You have no idea what's out there, or what is to come,"

Lauren eyed each of them. Studying each faces that looked at her expectantly. "No. I don't want to do with any of this,"

The green eyed girl dropped her fork on her plate of wrecked pancakes, and stood. She was about to turn and leave when Lexa spoke.

"Lauren is a beautiful name," the commander began that made the girl pause, "derived from the Irish name Lorcan, which means fierce. It is also associated to laurel leaf that symbolizes victory and honor. You have a beautiful name and I am sure you own the qualities your name is associated with. With that being said, lend me your ears and let me tell you what there is to know about The Elementals and The Great Evil. Hear and understand what they are, then perhaps you will know just where to make use of your fierceness with honor and dignity. Then perhaps we will all have a shot at victory,"

Lexa managed to step closer to Lauren while she spoke her mind. The green eyed girl remained silent and kept an unyielding eye contact with the commander.

"Fine, whatever..." She said, "but don't take too much of my time I have better things to do,"

Lexa smirked triumphantly and excused both herself and Lauren. Lena nodded and Camila just stared.

"She surely seems to not care but it appears that the commander has a way of making people listen to her," Dinah commented as the duo left the room to go somewhere more private.

"And you surely care too much that you make it a point to have an outburst," Camila retorted.

Dinah was about to say something but was cut off by Lena.

"Ladies please. It's too early for this banter. Now that one hundred and seventy five elves have been displaced and is seeking refuge here on our world, it will only be a matter of time before other creatures will seek the same refuge,"

"And it will only be a matter of time before Kruger can have his hands on The One," Normani showed up out of nowhere and grabbed a pancake. "After what happened last night, his minions must have reported to him that we snagged Lauren from them, and the fact we have her only proves to them she is The One,"

"How do you know for sure it's Kruger?" Camila asked.

"He is the most ambitious and cunning man there is. In case you missed on anything let me remind you that the drugs he smuggles are worth billions. And you already know where those billions go,"

"Weapons..."

"The President apparently signed a contract deal about supplying the army with a more advanced weapons and artillery," Lena said, "The situation in middle east is getting worse and the civil unrest among many countries continues. Lexa is right when she said we're in the brink of another world war,"

"How does Lexa know so much of our world? Or other worlds for that matter. She seems to know a lot of things," Camila asked again.

"It goes with age and experience. Lexa and her wife are at least two thousand years old and their sons were born a couple of centuries into their marriage. Throughout that time, they have been to many wars and experienced many different cultures that extends from their world to ours and to others as well. And through all that time, they both survived at least two incarnations of The Great Evil,"

"Well to be honest, I'm not so sure if Clarke will survive her injuries this time," Normani mused.

"So, let's go back to Kruger. Do we all agree that he is the human incarnate of The Great Evil?" Dinah pointed out.

"He has manipulated the law to his advantage for so long. He has ambitions of greater heights in the field of business, seeing that his acquisitions range from banking, finance and property development to logistics, aeronautics and seacraft engineering. And behind all that so called legitimate businesses, he dabs into cocaine manufacturing and distribution, human trafficking and sex trade. How he managed to achieve all that could only mean that he is cunning and incredibly smart. And word has it that he is also responsible for disappearances of certain individuals," Lena paused, "by all accounts, we could say he might as well be indeed the human incarnate of evil,"

"We should take a closer look on him, if we corner him then maybe we can take him down," Camila suggested.

"Easier said than done, especially if he is indeed The Great Evil,"

"What do you suggest then?" Normani asked.

"We have to be cautious. Right now our focus is to get Lauren understand and hopefully, fulfill her destiny,"

"She really is the one, is she?" Normani eyed Lena questionngly.

"I knew it the first time I saw her. I have no doubt whatsoever,"

Dinah noticed that same look in Lena's eyes that always seems like she knows more than she says. She wanted her to elaborate more but decided against it. She thought that maybe she'll find out for herself since her mind has been reeling about the little things she notice. Mundane things that appear like something usual but there is more to it. She decided to keep her assumptions to herself instead of bombarding Lena or Lexa of her questions.

Big things come in small packages after all...

• • •

A/N

TBH, I do not know exactly what to do with my life

My thoughts are all over the place and I can't focus on anything but seriously though that artwork for Lauren's song is just sooooo

I'm like

Seriously...

Thanks for reading people!

- A

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

913K 41.9K 62
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 55.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...