POLAROID

Av shay_fiction

Jun-Seo has never been quite adept at articulating his emotions through language, often struggling to find th... Mer

prologue
Chapter One - A New Canvas
Chapter Three - Perspective
Chapter Four - Filtered
Chapter Five - In Contrast With You
Chapter Six - Coloured Lenses

Chapter Two - In Frame

16.8K 752 198
Av shay_fiction

Jun-Seo walks into the school's library as Naeun had texted him to meet there during the break. He finds her seated at a table with another girl. Naeun waves him over and then introduces her friend. "This is Lee Hana, she's in my class and on the Leading Programmes Committee here,"

The school has a committee for everything.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Jun-Seo-ah," Hana expresses warmly. "You too," Jun-Seo replies.

"Hana is also in the Creative Programme here, you might've heard a little bit about this at the assembly but the school runs these student programmes to prepare us for our future," Naeun explains. "It used to be that you have to be a Senior to take them but the school decided last year to open some programmes up to the other years. I'm in the Law Programme and Rin's in the Business one."

"So, w-what's this got to do with m-me?" Jun-Seo asks. "Well, Naeun mentioned to me that you like Photography and Art so I suggested that she tell you about the Creative Programme," Hana says.

"Luckily it's one of the programmes that they made available to your year," Naeun says placing a leaflet for the programme in front of the younger. Jun-Seo picks up the leaflet and scans through it. He had practically zoned out during most of the presentation the other day so all this is pretty much new to him, then again, hasn't this all been new to him? Although, he'd be lying if he said this didn't pique his interest.

"You don't have to make a choice right now, applications for joining programmes aren't due in 'till next week so you've got some time to think about it," Naeun says. Jun-Seo nods in response, a thought-filled look on his face.

Later that day, as Jun-Seo strolls down the hallway he is suddenly startled by an unnerving voice calling out to him. "Yah! Sophomore!" Jun-Seo looks up to see Jiro standing at the other end of the hallway, a menacing look on his face as he glares at the younger. Jun-Seo's fight or flight response is triggered instantly, and without a second thought, he swiftly turns on his heels and breaks into a sprint in the opposite direction.

"That little- after him!" Jiro yells chasing after the younger, followed by his friends. The group weaves through the main school building and onto the sports field. Despite Jun-Seo's attempt to shake them off, they persist, their footsteps echoing through the corridors of yet another building. Desperate for a hiding spot, the younger's eyes fall upon a door marked 'Practice Room', and without hesitating, he rushes in, unaware that the room is currently occupied.

He stumbles in startling a Senior who is seated at a piano, staring back at Jun-Seo with wide eyes. "S-S-Sorry, I-I-" Jun-Seo stammers, the words caught in his throat, before a sudden commotion of approaching footsteps sends a jolt of panic through him. Reacting swiftly, he dashes for the nearest closet and pulls the door closed behind him, the click resonating loudly in the tense silence of the room. Meanwhile, the Senior is left bewildered, trying to make sense of the abrupt turn of events until Jiro and his friends show up which pretty much clears things up.

"What the hell are you guys doing? Can't you see this room is occupied?" The Senior snaps, gesturing at the sign both Jiro and Jun-Seo had missed, his tone filled with annoyance at the unexpected intrusion. "Sorry hyung, we're just looking for someone," Jiro says, faking politeness to the upperclassman. "You didn't happen to see a Sophomore with dirty brown hair, wearing a weirdly oversized jumper, stammers a lot?"

Jun-Seo holds his breath, feeling the weight of anticipation, his heart pounding wildly in his chest, as he fervently prays that the Senior will help him.

"I think I saw someone like that,"

Jun-Seo's heart plummets like a weight, his muscles tensing involuntarily, and his breaths coming in short, shallow bursts as a wave of panic washes over him at the realisation that the Senior is about to give him up.

"What do you want with him?" The Senior questions them. "Well, uh..." Jiro hesitates before continuing with a sheepish smile. "You see we're just trying to settle an argument is all."

"That right?" The Senior scoffs. "You're Kang Jiro, right?"

"Uh, y-yes?"

"Yeah, see I've heard a lot about you, Kang Jiro, the big shot nepo baby who likes to act like he owns the place. You and your wannabe gang like to go around harassing girls and bullying underclassmen for shits and giggles," the Senior lays out, flustering the Junior who tries to cut in but the older continues. "Now, I don't know what you want with that Sophomore but last I checked this school has no tolerance for bullying and it's what, three strikes before you're kicked out? I'd estimate a guess you've run through at least two by now, you wanna go for three?"

Jun-Seo's eyes widen in surprise as he carefully takes in the unexpected words spoken by the older. A sense of gratitude and realisation washes over him as he processes the fact that, despite his initial doubts, the older is helping him.

Jiro's jaw clenches tightly, the building anger evident on his face as he leers at the Senior who is unfazed by the look. Understanding all too well the consequences of instigating a conflict with an Upperclassman, Jiro takes a deep breath to steady himself, forcefully unclenching his fists before tucking them into his trouser pockets. He gives the Senior a strained smile before leaving the room with his friends trailing behind.

The Senior makes sure they're gone before turning his attention to the closet. He scoffs lightly, shaking his head as he walks over to it. "Hey, it's okay, they're gone. You can come out now," he assures him.

The closet door creaks open, revealing just enough space for Jun-Seo to cautiously peek his head out. With a quick scan of the room, his brown eyes darting in every corner, he ensured the coast was clear before stepping out of the cramped space.

The Senior can't help the amused scoff that leaves him. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah, s-s-sorry about barging in like that, a-and thank you for helping me," Jun-Seo says.

"It's okay, I know a prick when I see one," The Senior says. "I'm Im Yeon-Gi by the way."

"Song Jun-Seo, it's nice to meet you hyung,"

"Song Jun-Seo? You're Naeun and Rin's brother, aren't you?"

"Uh, yeah, s-seems to be my new n-n-nickname around here," Jun-Seo laughs sheepishly. "You mind me asking what you did to get on Jiro's bad side?" Yeon-Gi asks.

"I b-b-bumped into him and spilt juice all over his sh-shirt, he's pretty much hated me s-since," Jun-Seo explains in a sheepish tone.

Yeon-Gi scoffs at how childish that sounds. Jun-Seo frowns, nervously pulling at the fabric of his sweater sleeve. "H-He's not gonna leave me alone, is he?"

"I don't know, but if it were me, I'd let somebody know. Might not be easy, but it's better than hiding in closets," Yeon-Gi advises him. The younger nods timidly in response. He thanks Yeon-Gi and then leaves the room, his mind wandering back to what Ha-Jun had said to him the other day at the Bus Stop.

"Learn to take care of yourself 'cause there won't always be someone there to help you."

Jun-Seo pauses in his steps, standing in the empty hallway for a moment becoming lost in thought. His grip on his bag straps tightened.

"Hey,"

Jun-Seo jumps slightly at the sudden voice, his heart beating a little faster. Turning around, he's surprised to see Ha-Jun standing a few feet away from him. "Uh, h-hi," Jun-Seo utters nervously, trying to steady his voice.

Ha-Jun's eyes rake over the younger's face. "Something wrong?" He asks.

Jun-Seo hesitates for a brief moment, his uncertainty palpable as he contemplates his reply. Instead of an immediate response, he cautiously inquires, "Do-Do you really wanna kn-know?"

Ha-Jun, with a nonchalant shrug, shoots back, "I asked didn't I?"

A moment later, the pair are settled under the shade of the Oak Tree in the courtyard. Jun-Seo's gaze wanders around, taking in the surroundings, each detail appearing even better in person. "A-Are you sure it's okay to be out here?" He asks. "It's fine, barely anyone comes out here anyway," Ha-Jun replies as he rests nonchalantly against the trunk of the tree, his hands creating a pillow for his head.

Jun-Seo hums in response, picking at some blades of grass. Ha-Jun, noticing the subtle signs of unease in the younger's demeanour, gently probes, "This about Jiro?" Jun-Seo's brow furrows, shaking his head. "...is it about what I said yesterday?"

As Jun-Seo nervously fidgets with his sleeves, his voice falters, and he struggles to express himself fully, "Well, k-kind of," he starts, pulling his knees up to his chest. "I-I guess it got to me more than I'd like to admit. I've-I've never been good with conflict or confrontation, just th-thinking about it puts me on edge. S-So, while I get what you meant, it's just easier s-s-said than done, and in case you haven't n-noticed, I'm no good with words or a-actions."

Ha-Jun's eyes shift. "You seem fine to me,"

The unexpected response from the older causes a sudden warmth to rush to Jun-Seo's cheeks. Sensing his blush, the younger swiftly turns his head aside, hoping to conceal his flustered state. Ha-Jun looks at him, his eyebrow cocked. "What?"

"Uhm- I- n-nothing." Jun-Seo stutters nervously his voice trailing off as Ha-Jun raises an eyebrow, a small but unmistakable grin appearing on his face.

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

16K 305 15
a taekook one shot book. ๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’๐’–๐’๐’–๐’” โ‹ฎ sweet-sounding. ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘  open ๐‘โ”Šโœง ยฉ๐—†๐—ˆ๐–ผ๐—๐—‚๐—‚๐—Œ๐—Š๐—Ž๐—‚๐—Œ๐—
2.2M 114K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
30.8K 798 27
Sequel to Reunited Tensions are running high after the ten year reunion. With Smackle and Zay's wedding fast approaching everyone has to try to get...
29K 796 41
For years, ex-NIS agent, Jeon Jungkook has been one of the globe's most wanted fugitive for a long run now until life caught up with him the criminal...