Chapter Three - Perspective

Jun-Seo feels a mix of nerves and anticipation as he stands in front of the office designated for the Creative Programme Advisor, Mr. Jung. Clutching the leaflet Naeun had given him earlier that week, he studies it briefly, an anxious breath leaving him before he makes a few hesitant knocks on the door.

"Come in," Mr. Jung calls out. Jun-Seo opens the door, bowing respectfully to the Advisor as he walks in. "Ah, Jun-Seo-ah, right on time. Let's get this tour started, shall we?"

Jun-Seo nods and follows Mr. Jung out of the office. "I'm glad that you've shown curiosity in the Creative Programme. Here we're dedicated to providing a wide array of opportunities for students who are passionate about embarking on a career within the Arts industry. Our programme is designed to nurture and foster aspiring artists, giving them the tools and guidance needed to succeed,"

They head down a corridor that Jun-Seo recognises from the day he was trying to hide from Jiro. "Our free-spirited teaching style not only encourages personal growth but also empowers students to experiment, make mistakes, and ultimately discover their unique artistic identities," Mr Jung continues.

As Jun-Seo walks down the school corridor, he catches sight of several students engrossed in the creation of vibrant murals, their deft hands skillfully painting intricate designs that seem to come alive on the walls. He can't help but mutter a small 'wow' at the project. They continue down the corridor until they finally arrive at the music rooms, shrouded in unusual silence.

"A-Are there not a lot of music s-students?" Jun-Seo inquires curiously. "Oh no, that's not it, you see, we had the rooms soundproofed and shutters put on to not distract any of the other students," Mr Jung explains. He then knocks on one of the doors and after a few seconds, the door opens revealing Yeon-Gi.

"Hello Mr. Jung, what can I do for you?" Yeon-Gi asks, his eyes then fall on Jun-Seo. "Oh, what're you doing down here?"

"Do you two know each other?" Mr. Jung asks. "We've met," Yeon-Gi says vaguely, his eyes darting away momentarily before meeting Jun-Seo's grateful gaze. The younger silently expressing his gratitude for him not bringing up what happened.

"Ah, well, sorry to bother you but I'm just giving Jun-Seo a tour of the programme and wanted to show him what the layout of the music rooms is like," Mr. Jung explains. "It's no problem, I was just warming up anyway," Yeon-Gi says.

"Y'know, Jun-Seo-ah, Yeon-Gi here is one of our best pianists in the programme. His exceptional skill and passion for music is truly impressive,"

"Thank you, sir, but I'm nothing special,"

"Nonsense, he was actually invited to perform at the Usher Hall during his Junior Year,"

"R-Really, hyung?" Jun-Seo asks in awe. Yeon-Gi simply shrugs, offering a bashful smile in response.

At that moment three female students come running up to them. each clutching their instruments. "Mr. Jung, we need your help getting into the instrument room," One of them says.

"You girls know where the keys to the room are,"

"Someone misplaced them so we can't get in,"

Mr. Jung sighs and then turns to Jun-Seo. "I'm so sorry about this, how about we continue in the afternoon?" He suggests. "Or, I could finish the tour with him," Yeon-Gi offers.

"I couldn't ask you to do that," Mr. Jung says, feeling hesitant about imposing. "It's no problem, really," Yeon-Gi insists.

"Would that be okay with you Jun-Seo?" Mr. Jung asks the younger. "It's fine," Jun-Seo replies.