Chapter One - A New Canvas

Rin, Naeun and Do-Yeon are having breakfast when Jun-Seo comes downstairs wearing his uniform. His outfit consists of a crisp white collared shirt peeking from under a slightly oversized navy blue jumper, complemented by sleek black dress pants and pristine white sneakers. "Good morning," he greets them.

"Morning honey, your uniform looks so good on you," Do-Yeon says, gently moving the brunette's bangs out of his eyes. Jun-Seo gives a stiff smile in response.

"Are you still nervous about today?" Rin asks him, noticing the subtle tension in the younger's demeanour. "Pretty much," Jun-Seo mutters.

"You'll do fine, Jun. Okay, Rin and I will be around if you need any help," Naeun reassures him. Rin nods in agreement, offering Jun-Seo an encouraging 'fighting' gesture to boost his confidence.

Jun-Seo gives them a small appreciative smile before asking Do-Yeon, "Did eomma call?" His tone hopeful.

"I'm sorry, there was a sudden meeting scheduled so she couldn't, but she wished you luck on your first day," Do-Yeon tells him. The younger hums lowly in response, playing with his bowl of cereal.

Do-Yeon tries to hide it but can't help but share the same disappointment felt about Jungwha not calling. The added words of encouragement from her would have truly made a difference, especially on a day like today when Jun-Seo could use some extra support. "Okay, I have to leave now. Make sure you get to school on time," she says before tossing Rin the keys to the other car.

"Wait, why does he get to drive?" Naeun complains. "Because I only had to take my driving test once," Rin retorts.

"Yah, keep it up and I'll make you take the bus," Do-Yeon warns them. The twins apologise flatly before making goofy faces at each other, eliciting an amused laugh from Jun-Seo.

"Wait, mum don't forget, I'm hosting this week's study group,"

"Wait, that's here?"

"Yeah, you and eomma said it would be okay to have them round today," Rin reminds her.

Do-Yeon checks her phone's calendar and realises she has double-booked sessions for the day. "Shoot, I completely forgot," she sighs. "Is there any chance you can reschedule?"

"They're supposed to come over today,"

"I know and I'm sorry, but I'm sure they'll understand. I'm more available on Friday, so just move it then,"

Rin lets out a heavy sigh. "Alright, I'll tell them when I get to school,"

"Thank you. Okay, guys. I really have to go now. Have a great day at school, and I'll see you later," Do-Yeon says, then kisses each of their cheeks before leaving.

Naeun watches Jun-Seo with concern as he picks at his food. She gently nudges him, prompting him to look up. "You okay?" She inquires softly.

Jun-Seo manages a weak smile, his eyes betraying his true feelings. "Yeah, just not hungry," he mumbles, making an effort to reassure her. Pushing the half-eaten bowl away, he rises from his seat. "I-I'm gonna go grab my b-bag. Be right back."

Naeun watches intently as he walks away, her brows furrowed in worry. "Do you think he'll be alright?" She turns to Rin, seeking reassurance. The brunette shrugs, "I don't know, guess we'll have to wait and see." He concludes.

The three of them leave the house and head towards the school. Rin and Naeun are having a conversation in the front seats, feeling completely at ease and ready for the day ahead. Jun-Seo, however, can't help but feel a little envious of their relaxed demeanour. Resorting to slipping on his headphones, he turns his gaze towards the passing scenery outside the window, trying to make an effort to settle his nerves.