Shewolf

By thefeelsofbooks

Water will turn to Ice, and mud can turn to stone. So what happens to a girl with problems when her body tur... More

Bite night
Hot Stalker
Timid
Monday
Colors and Closets
Koala
Full Moon
Stranger danger
Wolves
Kiss
Shewolves
Huntress
High School
Inferno
Wraiths
The Nymph
Sunset Lovers
Hopeless
At Last
Friday Nights
The Boy
Chimera
Payton
Guilt and Grief
Darkness
Oceans
Remembrance
Eye of the storm
Ignite
Sacrifices
Goodbye Home
At Last a Haven
Ecstasy

Tungsten

7K 370 48
By thefeelsofbooks

Soo wattpad's been glitching tf out I see...But anyways I hope everyone's doing great other than that. I start school on Tuesday and I think I might actually die.
*
I was also wondering if everyone who comes across this could add this story to their reading lists, it helps promote the story!! Also please vote if you can! It takes one second!!
*
Aside from that, hope you like the chapter.
*
Melanie awoke with one of the worst headaches that she'd ever had. It felt like she'd been shot in the head around twenty times.

She woke to see Issac, who sat at the foot of the bed, looking beyond tired.

"Issac," Melanie croaked. Her throat felt incredibly dry, to the point that it was extremely painful.

Issac looked at her, his baggy eyes lighting up with relief and happiness.

"I'm right here," He said. He inched closer to her on the bed, so he could be there to tend to her needs.

"What happened?" Melanie asked, the memory of last night seeming very foggy to her. She couldn't remember what quite happened, or who or what was there.

"Something hurt you," He answered, "Something hurt you so much that you've been blacked out for two days now."

Melanie's eyes widened, before the memories finally came flooding back. She looked at Issac, hand over her mouth and tears filling her eyes.

"Issac, people are dead." She said, choking on a sob, "This beast, it killed them all."

Issac nodded, lightly guiding Melanie to sit up. She felt him pull her into a hug, which she really needed. Melanie noticed how sore she was, but she didn't bother to ask.

"We know," Issac paused, "The whole school knows about the bodies. But so far, they think that some homicidal killer is on the loose. But I know you saw what did it. So Melanie, you need to describe what you saw.

Melanie however, didn't have to describe it. Something in her mind kept yelling out a name, and it was the name of what did it.

"Chimera."

Issac's calm expression morphed into one of sheer terror, and his naturally tan skin turned pale.

"Are you positive?" Issac asked, praying that it was anything else. He'd rather deal with another crazy wraith or even another dragon, but the Chimera was a whole different story. That was one of the few creatures that could petrify Issac.

Melanie nodded, hesitantly. She picked up on Issac's fear, which put fear into her too.

Issac shouted out Knoll's name, knowing that Knoll would want to know this information too. After all, he would have to be the one that dealt with it.

Knoll came up in a hurry, the worry leaving his face when he saw the Melanie was awake. However, his worry was shortly replaced by more worry, when he saw Issac's fearful face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking between Mel and Issac. Issac hesitated to tell him, not knowing whether Knoll would be down right pissed or scared out of his mind.

"It's the Chimera," Issac said, "Melanie said that's what she saw."

Knoll's expression froze for a second, his eyes going void of any emotion. And then they filled with both anger and fear.

"How the hell did that get here?" He spit, "The last known Chimera that was living died three hundred years ago. And you're telling me that you saw one last night."

Melanie and Knoll stared at each other, and then Melanie nodded. Surely and without a doubt, she nodded.

Knoll let out a loud string of curse words, which everyone who was downstairs heard. However, they pretended not to hear it just to avoid the awkward tension.

"What the fuck!" He shouted, slamming his head into his hands. "We're all going to die." Knoll said, pacing back and forth. His lack of positivity really didn't set well with Issac or Melanie, who really wanted to make it on their vacation before they died.

"Melanie and I would really prefer if we solved this issue in a week?" Issac said, receiving a glare from Knoll. Knoll didn't appreciate his old cousins pressure, but he didn't say anything other than a few words of wisdom.

"Oh sure, it'll be solved. When we're all dead!" He yelled, "I mean how do you expect us to defeat that thing? With a blowtorch, or a few explosive arrows?"

Knoll was being really sarcastic, and if they weren't in a life or death situation, it might have been humorous.

"Maybe with fire?" Issac said, sounding confused. He grew even more confused when Knoll shot him a dumbfounded look.

"Where the hell would I even get that much fire?"

This time, it was Issac and Melanie's turn to shoot Knoll a dumbfounded look.

"You're literally a fire-breathing dragon, are you an idiot?" Melanie spoke, "Just incinerate it."

Knoll stopped for a second, remembering that he was very much indeed a dragon. Much less, a Guardian. It was his job to protect the humans from beasts like this.

"Sorry, I forgot." He said, "But even then, I have to kill it with a very specific type of metal. And I have no clue where I'd find it."

"Well, what's it called?" Melanie asked, but before Knoll could answer, Payton answered for him.

"It's called Tungsten."

They all glanced at Payton, who walked in the room dressed in her hunter gear. She look completely badass, like something that you'd see out of an action movie.

"And I know where to find it."

A short while later, Melanie and Payton walked side by side to the gated house. Both of them were dressed head to toe in hunter gear, each carrying multiple weapons.

"Remember your fake name, and for the love of God, don't let your eyes change colors." Payton said, going over the plan one more time with Melanie.

The two girls were going to purchase tungsten from a group of high class hunters, and they were using dragonstone to buy it. But Melanie had to fake being a hunter, because if they found out she was a wolf they would kill her on the spot.

It was risky, but as Melanie followed the plan, everything would be fine. Even if it wasn't, they had back up waiting in the car.

Melanie and Payton stood at the gate, before Payton pressed the buzzer. They waited a couple of seconds until someone began to speak.

"Name's?"

Payton looked at Melanie, before she spoke.

"Payton Schutz and Zoe Glasgow," She answered. Melanie wondered why Payton didn't use a fake name too, but she would find out very shortly.

They heard a couple of clicks, and then the gate opened. It took forever, but it eventually opened. It revealed a huge mansion, which looked like it could hold ten Beyoncé concerts in it.

It was that big.

The girls walked in sync, heads held high and a faked confidence on their faces. They were both somewhat nervous and stoked with anticipation.

They reached the door, where a huge man stood in front. He guarded it, but stepped aside shortly, letting them enter. Payton tipped her head at him, before she stepped onto the white marble floor.

Melanie also tipped her head at the guy, following Payton in. She was amazed at the size and the decorations of the house. Everything seemed so old and antique, like one glass cup was worth thousands of dollars.

It was an expensive house with even more expensive products in it.

Melanie focused her attention back to an old woman, who's heels clicked as she walked down the stairs. Payton and Melanie stared at the lady, who was also followed by two more gigantic men.

The woman, who looked so serious at first, cracked a smile as soon as she saw Payton.

Payton approached the woman, throwing her arms around her.

"Grandma!" She exclaimed, pulling away to kiss her on the cheek. Melanie stared at the interaction, hiding her curiosity. Seconds later, she caught the attention of the old woman, who smiled brightly at her.

"And who's this?" The woman questioned, approaching Melanie. Payton followed her, shooting Melanie a soothing smile.

"Grandma, this is my friend Zoe. She's a hunter as well."

The lady stared for a few seconds at Melanie, which felt like a lot longer than need be. Still, Melanie kept her composure, flashing a pearly white smile at the woman.

Finally, she stopped examining Melanie and introduced herself.

"Welcome Zoe, you can call me Igritte."

Igritte held a hand out for Melanie to shake, which she confidently took.

"What are you girls doing here today?" Igritte asked, linking her arm in Payton's and Melanie's, and walking.

"I needed to buy something, and they don't sell it at the normal hunting store. But I know that you have it." Payton spoke with ease, not seeming nervous one bit. And to Melanie's surprise, she wasn't nervous either.

Igritte glanced between the girls with curiosity, wondering what two teenagers could possibly need that only she had.

"And what would that be?" She questioned, stopping at a dining table to pour herself some tea. She quickly offered some to Melanie, who politely declined.

"Tungsten," Payton replied. Igritte looked somewhat surprised, as she looked at them.

"What would make you want tungsten?" She pressed even more, and Melanie looked towards Payton. Payton sat down at the table, along with Igritte and Mel.

"We're going on a hunt for a creature that can only be killed by tungsten. I'd like it if you didn't let my parents know."

To Melanie's surprise, Igritte didn't seem too fazed by this. She didn't seem bother by the fact that her granddaughter was probably getting in over her head. Instead, she asked about payment. And that's exactly what Payton had said would happen.

"We brought dragonstone," Melanie said. She pulled the sphere rock. It was like one of those rocks that you'd find in a rock shop, except this was dragonstone crystal. It was something that only came from a dragon's fire, and it was something that normally would sell more millions of dollars.

This caught Igritte's attention, taking the crystal from Melanie's hand. She held the football sized crystal in her hands, sniffing it and examining it.

"I don't know where you got this, but this is worth-"

Payton cut Igritte off.

"Worth four million, yes we know. We were hoping that you'd be able to give us a rather generous amount of tungsten, specifically the stuff from the Dead Sea."

Igritte glanced up at the girls, nodding almost instantly.

"Of course, I'll show you to the basement. You girls can pick as much as you want."

The old woman was practically drooling over the crystal that she held closely, almost like one would hold a child. She stared at it even as she showed them to the basement, and to Melanie's shock, the basement had what looked to be like thousands of weapons.

This old woman was definitely a lot more dangerous than she let up.

But no more than thirty minutes later, Payton and Melanie walked out of the mansion with bags of tungsten. They had weapons of all sorts, ranging from tungsten arrows to even tungsten tasers.

"You ready for this?" Payton questioned, tossing the bags in her back seat.

"Ready as I'll ever be," She answered. Payton slipped her sunglasses on, shooting an excited grin at Melanie.

"Then let's go kill this bitch."

Did ya like? Next few chapters are going to be really intense and contain a few cliffhangers! Just a heads up.
*
Don't worry I will update them as soon as I can, so you won't have to wait too long!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 147 40
Zaya Montgomery is an ordinary wolf, she has everything. The dream life of any wolf. Perfect family and friends, the daughter of a respected Beta in...
150K 6.5K 41
"I hated him. He hated me. We hated each other but all that didn't matter because my wolf craved him. My wolf shuddered by the mere thought of him. H...
1K 250 23
Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagined to be. But who knows? Only the might...
4.4K 142 16
Electra Blue. A 17 year old girl with strength, power, knowledge and beauty. She is a Rainbow wolf. Not telling anyone what she is she is thrown do...