June

By stereoids

She would watch him dance every single night, knowing his every move. The only thing she didn't know is that... More

June
01. Interlude
02. Watch Me Dance
03. Friend
04. Rain
05. Death
06. Stigma
07. A Girl
08. Wounds
09. Curiosity
10. Polaroid
11. Secret
12. Heartache
13. Him
14. Touch
15. Daylight
16. Daises
17. Waiting
18. The Moon
19. Titanic
20. Drunk
21. Silence
22. Ten Seconds
23. Gone
24. Skins
25. Melody
26. Prince of Busan
27. Who Are You
28. An Apple
29. Goodbye Kiss
30. Three Letters
31. Picture of a Rice Cake
32. Anpanman
33. Boyhood
34. When in October
35. Kiss Me
36. Thirteen Candles
38. Pit a Pat
39. Round & Round
40. Busan Boy
41. The Bridge
42. Snow
43. Idiot
44. Bunny Smile
45. Pas de Deux
46. Moon Prince
47. Boy Meets Evil
48. Terrified
49. The Virgin Suicide
50. Your Name
Thank You!

37. Naked

31.6K 2.2K 2.7K
By stereoids

적나라한

They all started to leave.

One after another, until there was none left. Except for the fried chicken leftovers, empty cans of beer scattered around and only June and Jimin sitting on the ground.

''Did you know that Jupiter has four moons? Because I for sure did not.''

''I didn't either.'' June admitted.

''If humans destroy the Earth, which they probably will soon, I'm moving to Callisto, it's the prettiest one out of the four.''

This was the first time June saw Jimin drunk.

For the first time in days, Jimin had this everlasting grin on his face. And he looked nice, with his messy hair, oily skin and all of that. Whether it be from the alcohol trickling down his throat or simply because he was enjoying the time spent with his friends.

It felt nice.

''I'm taking Yejin with me.'' The boy stroked his purring pet that was, like a blanket, sprawled across his lap. ''You're welcome to join us as well. We can go on an adventure.''

Ask him about the pills, June. ''Why not move to Mars? I don't think a random satellite promises a good habitat.''

Offended, Jimin jerked his head that was resting against the edge of the couch, his neck in an unnatural position which was probably going to hurt tomorrow. ''Have you not read The Martian? That planet scares the living shit out of me. I'm convinced there's something roaming on that planet. And when I say something, I don't mean something cute like bunnies.''

''Why do you think that Callisto wouldn't have something roaming the surfaces as well?''

''Shit.'' Jimin's eyes widened as if he was going through an existential crisis. ''I actually never thought about that.''

Forget the pills, he's way too drunk for that now.

So she laughed, looking at the boy whose hand was busy petting the cat whereas his other kept bringing the last can of beer up to his lips.

June knew for a fact that there were many types of drunk people.

The happy drunk for example, who laugh at every little thing as if it was the funniest joke ever to be told. The reason to hate getting stuck with them and to avoid them like the plague is because they're annoying as hell.

Then there were the sad drunk or the stupid drunk, who are turning into Batman, The Incredible Hulk and Wolverine all at once after taking a few tequila shots. In a matter of seconds, they'll be deciding to do something so dumb that it makes your heart drop into your stomach at the very thought of it.

On top of it all, there's also the ones willing to start a fight, the ones who keep saying ''I'm not even that drunk'', the ones who think they know how to dance, the one who get flirty, the ones who are over-emotional and the ones who puke or just simply pass out.

To put it short, drunk people were like opening a birthday present - you never know what you'll get until you unwrap it and set your eyes on it.

The problem was, June had no idea which drunk type Jimin was.

''Ouch, Yejin.'' Startled out of his mind when the cat playfully scratched his palm, Jimin jumped up with his shirt damped in what was left of that beer. Luckily, the fuzzy creature escaped before a single drop could make contact with its colorful fur. ''Aish, look what you did you silly. Now I'm covered in beer.''

''Perfect. There's your reason to take that shower. You still smell like sweat.''

''But I thought you liked my sweat.'' The boy pouted.

An obnoxious laugh echoed in the living room just when June stood up to her feet. Why was that causing her to blush? ''The only thing liking your sweat are the scavengers who feed on dead animals because that's exactly what it smells like.''

''Ah, Yejin, don't listen to her buddy, June didn't mean it. She's just trying to scare us." Once again offended, Jimin crossed his arms, but struggled to keep his balance when his feet decided to take a few shaky steps back.

''Whoops.'' He sang, snorting and hiccuping a few times. ''Jimin is a little drunk.''

''What did I do to deserve this.'' The girl pushed the boy whose legs still felt like jelly. ''Let's get you cleaned up now.''

''Oh, is June going to wash Jimin?" His eyebrows raised playfully, a sly smirk making an appearance.

Why am I friends with this idiot, she thought as they both wiggled their way to the small bathroom across his bedroom.

Feet stomping in, she helped the boy stand still. Before any of them could make a muscle move, Jimin blushed heavily out of the blue.

"What is it?" The girl wondered.

"Erhm, you need to turn around. I can't take my clothes off if you're watching. I mean technically, I could because I know you'd enjoy the view and all bu-"

"I'm leaving." She sang out, turning on her heel as fast as she could to hide the embarrassment that was up to no good.

Soon enough, she was standing on the other side of the door that was closed, but not fully. Back facing it, she crossed her arms, waiting for the few minutes to pass. But the few minutes turned into five, the five then turned into ten, until it couldn't be counted.

And then, an incoherent scream erupted.

June pressed her hand against the door, ear leaning on. ''Jimin?! What's going on? Are you okay?''

''Jimin fucked up!'' He yelled back through the doors left ajar, the sudden tone in his voice making him sound clearer and older, certainly not like the small child he truly was within. ''Jimin fucked up badly!''

''How?!''

''I don't know! I'm stuck and can't get out. I think I'm going to die.''

Without giving it a second thought, June's hand pushed the door almost open but stopped abruptly when Jimin screamed yet again.

''No, don't!" Now he was panicking. "Jimin is naked!''

Frustration settled upon her. ''Jimin, how am I supposed to help you when I can't come in?!''

Silence.

''Ugh, fine! But close your eyes," He said. "And don't peek!"

Then she came in, eyes closed and heart thumping heavily. A funny scene it must've been because June couldn't see anything. It was pitch black. Her hands were stretched in front, waving in the sultry air as if trying to get a hold of anything there was inside the bathroom.

Bare feet standing on the tiles, the will not to open her eyes was at its thinnest. ''Where are you?'' She asked, hands searching for something to touch and then finally, she felt something. It was soft and thick, her fingers brushing straight through it.

''Uhm, why are you stroking my hair?''

Oh.

''I'm sorry, It's hard to know where you're standing because I can't see a damn thing!'' After the weak explanation, her hands traveled south, feeling something more solid, kind of cold, with the edges outlined almost perfectly.

She realized she was touching Jimin's chest.

Jimin's naked chest.

Slow but carefully, she opened her right eye, meeting face to face with Jimin whose lips wore the world's most cunning smile. ''Should've told me you wanted to go that far, June-ah.''

Once opening both of her eyes to see where to smack him, her cheeks were flushed with warmth. Her pupils focused on the bottom half of his body, still dressed in denim jeans, and his white boxers peeking. ''I hate you! You're not even stuck, nor are you completely naked, you idiot!''

''I was stuck, I swear!'' Honesty traced his words, fingertips grasping the waistband of his jeans. ''To be more exact, my finger got stuck. I couldn't open up the zipper on my pants.'' He pouted.

Completely flustered and out of her mind, June crossed her arms. ''You're a nightmare.''

''Aw, did I make June blush?''

''No.''

The lie was short, simple, and yet Jimin saw right through it. Because then, his feet moved an inch closer, his hands wanting to do something, but his mind was unsure of it. ''Taehyung probably wouldn't like that we're in a bathroom together. Alone."

June scoffed. ''But Tae and I aren't in a relationship.''

''Would you say you're close?''

''Yeah, kind of.''

''And you spend a lot of time together, yeah?''

She nodded her head.

''That's basically it.''

''It's no way as being in a relationship.'' June suddenly snapped, like a part of her needed to vent, to let it all out. But maybe it wasn't the right time to do all of that. ''That would mean you and I are in a relationship too, but we aren't, are we? It's different.''

After a moment of weird silence, June's voice stayed in her throat. This wasn't the first time she had done this. Sometimes she'd keep it all on, and burst out when there's no place to hold it anymore.

There had been many times where she'd freeze at the mention of Taehyung. The sound of his name was different coming from Jimin's lips. And June never told him because she never knew what the possible outcome could be.

Better to keep her mouth shut and let the fear to its job.

''Why didn't you bring him then?''

''Bring who?''

''Taehyung.'' Again, his name coming from someone else sounded so different, so unreal. ''Why didn't you bring him to my birthday party. Why didn't he come?''

''I don't know. I haven't seen him in a while.''

The moment he saw the expression on her pale face was the moment he knew that Taehyung was more than just a simple friend. Rather than curiosity, or just pure jealousy, Jimin convinced himself that he needed to know more as an obligation. Not because he cared or anything.

''Do you like him? Do you like Taehyung?''

''Of course I do.''

But not in the way I like you.

Truth hurts, but Jimin wasn't like June. He'd rather be lied to than have the truth flip a switch instantly. Within seconds, the cheeky smile, the crescent-shaped eyes and the puffy cheeks were completely gone. Something came over Jimin, something as restless as a storm with burning rage. And this time, it was worse than ever and June was not ready for it.

''I think you should leave.''

It was a new sight. Stone-faced, cold and distant. She never saw him like this before and it was terrifying.

''Wait, why-''

''I don't want to see you again.''

The atmosphere had been decapitated by something close to being fear, so the air became heavy again. Droplets of water hitting the shower tiles almost rhythmically to the beating of June's heart.

''I don't want to see you.'' He repeated, but the words didn't hurt any less. ''I don't want to hear your voice and I don't want you watching me ever dance again.''

It was clear.

That maybe, just maybe, Jimin was the honest drunk.

And June was caught up in the look of his sunken eyes. A look that said more than the harsh words slitting her being in two. And it ached, with each second turning into minutes, it ached more and more, but Jimin was already gone, not physically but mentally.

Because there was nothing left to be said.

So when the bathroom door opened, June left home.

And Jimin stayed, sitting on the cold bathroom floor.

. . .

what are your thoughts on jimin's behavior & the reasons behind it?

keep in mind that sometimes drunk people can change their behavior within a snap of fingers. i hope you've all been taking care of yourself, and staying strong. don't let school or a random person be the reason you're having a bad day. you can and will get through things, by taking one step at a time, alright?

love you, always.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.2K 2.7K 10
Midoriya starts college, hes dating Todoroki. Because of this hes never talked to his soulmate. But what happens when todoroki pisses off the cinnamo...
170K 11.7K 4
❝ live, just another day for me. ❞ in which a suicidal girl falls for a criminal. prepare tissues, get ready to go for a ride. this story will give y...
145K 7.7K 25
"Be aware of the nerds around you, because they are the most dangerous people you'll ever see." _ How did Jaehee, a queenka, ended up falling for a...
6.1M 326K 42
"Hello neighbour!" She drunkenly smile with her eyes half closed. "Get out of my apartment." Was the first thing that Yoongi told her. Credits for th...