25. Melody

멜로디

멜로디

AT TEN-THIRTY on a Saturday morning, after a quick breakfast of a simple apple, June took a twenty minute walk to the nearest train station. It seemed that Jimin had left earlier that morning, probably tip toed his way out of the apartment without wanting to wake her up. And she didn't mind, because the next train she was waiting was about to take her to the next dance practice, take her to see him again.

After the well-known cackle of the upcoming train was heard, followed by the slam-door opening and her immediately taking the nearest seat possible, June had trouble paying attention to the people surrounding her.

As if those sitting around her were completely invisible, she didn't observe them, nor did she listen to music this time.

While resting her head against the musty window, she could only remember, and almost hear the sound of Jimin's breathing and his laugh echoing inside of her head.

The thought of seeing him again caused her heart to skip a beat as the train soon stopped moving, the hour long ride coming to an end so quickly.

Then she stood up, feet swiftly moving through the open doors, with her heartbeat threatening to jump out of her chest at any given moment.

Deep breath.

When a few minutes of further walking passed by, she was then standing in front of an old building covered in dark red bricks.

The front doors of the dance studio squeaked loudly as a result of June opening them so carefully.

Unlike the beating of her heart, her movements were slow. Her eyes soon squeezed at the sudden melody traveling around her.

What was that song? Convinced that she must've heard it before, she listened a bit more.

It sounded so familiar.

And now, as if about to see a miracle, her body stopped before those same old glass doors, eyes looking through them - looking at a body moving to the silk-like piano melodies of Debussy's Claire de Lune.

There he was.

His body dressed in the colors of a contemporary dance, the shades so vivid like the ones coming from a rainbow after a tireless storm.

With her jaw almost dropping to the floor, she stared at him for a minute or so, leaning against the doors but the weight of her own body caused them to fly open with her whole being storming right through.

As a result of the sudden distraction, the boy stopped his movements, eyes wide open. Once he noticed the cause of the loud noise, a smile stretched across his lips and he walked over to the small radio, turning it off completely so that the only sound left was his shallow and abrupt breathing.

''Ah, didn't see you there.'' Jimin said embarrassed before running a hand through his half wet bangs, sniffling and biting down his bottom lip. ''Were you watching me, again?''