Remember Me

By X_wildflower_X

We all have someone we never speak of. Someone who meant so much, that even hearing their name makes your sou... More

Remember Me
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20.1

Chapter 17

95 20 29
By X_wildflower_X

"You can't ask her like that, you fool!" I groaned in frustration as I ran a hand through my loose hair. His ideas are going to be the death of me.

I was currently sitting in the cafeteria with Andrew. We had a free period so we decided to stay in school and chat. We were now discussing prom which was less than a week away. Last time we talked about it, Andrew said he was taking the both of us as his dates, but now that I already have my own date, he's stuck with Taylor. I know that whatever is between them is more than just best friends. I can just sense it. For instance, whenever Andrew sees her talking to a guy, I would notice his jaw clenching and his hands turning to fists. The same thing happens if the roles were reversed. Taylor would have such a predatory look in her eyes that made me fear she was going to murder someone, either Andrew or the girl he's talking to. Or maybe even both. Such a relationship was just begging for me to play cupid and fix things, but they needn't know that.

We were planning for a cute promposal and let me tell you, the guy is nuts. All his suggestions involve nothing but the silliest pranks! I'm pretty sure he found this as an excuse to get back at Taylor for all the times she pranked him. At least her ideas were worth a laugh.

"You are no fun!" He pouted, repeating the same phrase he's been using for the last four ideas I refused.

"And you, my friend, are hopeless. Now I know why you're still single."

"You wound me, Jas."

"Keep that up and I'll make the wound physical not just emotional."

"All right, all right! I give up. Enlighten me with your oh-so-lovely ideas then."

I smirked and scooted my chair closer to his, looking from left to right in case anyone decided to show up. Andrew just stared at me like I was crazy, which was probably the case, but I just had to be dramatic before announcing my wonderful plan to win Taylor's "yes" and not her "fist".

***

Andrew skipped the rest of the day to go prepare for his promposal. He didn't really have any important subjects so there was no problem. I just hope he doesn't mess this up. I know he might but one can only hope.

For the first time this year, I was actually looking forward to go to prom. Maybe it was the fact that I found myself a date or maybe because I was setting my best friends up on one. Maybe even because I finally realized that it was the last step for us before leveling up in life. I want this moment to be special and I know it will be because I will be surrounded by the people I could never imagine my life without. It only felt like yesterday when I first met Taylor and Andrew. We were seven years old back then. Nothing has changed though. They're still the same old bickering pair I've always loved.

*Flashback*

I looked up from my drawing and saw a girl and a boy arguing to my right.

"Give me back my pencil!" Little Taylor pouted as she raised her hands up, trying to reach the pencil being held high by a much taller Andrew in front of her.

"You broke mine! I get to take yours!" Andrew replied with an evil grin as he kept the pencil high enough and out of her reach.

"But it's pink! With unicorns! It's for girls!"

"Well, I'll paint it blue!"

Taylor's lip started quivering and I knew she was about to throw a tantrum. I've seen her do it a lot of times before. Most of the time it was because of him.

I slowly got out of my chair and walked towards them. I poked Andrew twice on the back to get his attention. When he looked at me, his expression was one of confusion. I don't blame him, we never talked.

"Why did you take her pencil?" I asked him softly, tilting my head to the side, something I usually do when I was curious.

"She broke mine."

I walked back to the table I was seated at and grabbed a pencil then walked back towards them.

"This one?" I held it up so he can examine it and his eyes went wide.

"But, how... She broke it..." he reached forward and took the pencil out of my hand.

"I fixed it. Now that you have yours, can you return hers?"

Taylor was staring at me as if I were a ghost. She snapped out of it when Andrew returned her pencil. She started jumping up and down happily before hugging me. She was really strong for a tiny seven year old.

"You are now my new friend!" She declared out of the blue. I honestly expected a simple 'thank you.' That was way better though.

"Mine too." Andrew joined in the hug and I was surprised Taylor actually let him.

During that moment I knew we were going to have one crazy, ever-lasting friendship...

*End of flashback*

I must have been smiling like a goof because Taylor was making the weirdest hand gestures to catch my attention.

"Were you thinking about lover boy?" She smirked, crossing her arms over her chest once she was sure I was focusing on her again.

"No and stop calling him that. I was actually thinking about the first time we met."

Taylor just rolled her eyes, a small hint of a smile appearing on her face before she wiped it off almost immediately.

"Whatever. Let's go. My mom is waiting outside for us."

She has no idea what's in store for her...

***

The ride to Taylor's house was filled with prom talk. She was the one doing all the talking while I did all the listening. I like how excited she is even though Andrew didn't ask her out yet. I'm pretty sure if it were her boyfriend who did that, she wouldn't be as easy going, but now she already knows she is going with Andrew so why bother. Fun fact though, Taylor literally shifts moods at least fifty times a day. If you didn't know her like I did, you would never believe this was the same person. Before we left, she had the whole 'tough/don't care act' on but now, she was showing the more girly side of her by talking about nothing other than shopping.

The car finally came to a stop in front of her house. She was too busy talking to notice the unusual decorations on her front door. When she finally got out of the car, she stood shell-shocked, rooted in her spot as Andrew stood by his 'masterpiece' that he did mess up, though I knew it was on purpose, holding a white cardboard with the writing hidden from us. The route to Taylor's front door was lined with small lit candles and a mixture of white and light pink balloons. That's where he intentionally messed up. Taylor hates pink. Andrew knows that she hates pink, so he chose pink. Wow.

(A/N: This is just a similar picture of how I imagined the decorations to be)

He made his way towards her and slowly turned the card over. He did mention he was going to write one but he never specified what it was going to contain. The card read the following: "Are you made of Copper and Tellurium? Because you're Cu Te. Be my date to Pr O M?"

It was written using some of the ions off the periodic table. I found it super cute and meaningful because Andrew was never the best in chemistry. Most of the time he would have us tutor him, especially Taylor because she loved the subject and aced it. The fact that he took this into consideration was really thoughtful, especially with the pink balloons dancing from side to side behind him. She better say yes to this or I will. Sorry Elijah.

Taylor shook her head and actually smiled, widely!

"Are you made of cheddar? Because that was so cheesy."

Andrew chuckled and took one step closer to her as they now stood a few inches apart.

"So is that a yes?"

Taylor wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned up, pressing her lips to his in a big fat "yes".

"Eww, get a room you two!"

They both gave me the finger and continued their makeout session as I just chuckled and shook my head.

Third wheeling sure sucks. I should get paid for every sight I now have to endure whenever I'm around them. Where is Elijah when I need him. God help me...

~~~

Hello wonderful people!
We're just one step away from the prom chapter! Who's excited??

I am so so close to 1k views! I honestly can't believe my book has attracted so many reads in so little time! Thank you so much!!!

Don't be a silent reader, vote and comment!
Much love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 1.2K 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...
3.7M 87.5K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
48.8K 1.4K 35
„You are the reason why I'm here today." _-_-_-_-_ After the truth about the relationship between Max Verstappen and Kelly Piquet came out, his world...
235K 7K 50
we young & turnt ho.