Lost and Found [a Niall Horan...

By CreativeTragedy

Skylar May Payne is the little sister of Liam Payne from One Direction. After six years of being apart and in... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Sorry!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue
Note to All!

Chapter Nine

3.4K 42 30
By CreativeTragedy

I'm baaaack! here's chapter nine for all of you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar's POV

Niall plopped me down at an outside round table in between Liam and Louis. Louis was my right. Then it was Harry, Niall, then Zayn.

I looked up at Niall and he had a smirk on his face. I scowled and crossed my arms tight.

I looked at Liam and saw he was picking at his soup, with a fork obviously. He was swirling it in a circle clockwise, then counter-clockwise. He does this when he's nervous or wants to saw something but knows he can't. I already know what he's thinking about.

"Just say it!" I blurt out at him.

"What?" Liam says, looking up slowly from his soup.

"All of you!" I yell, "start asking your questions about everything I'm feeling! Tell me that everything will be OK even when in won't be! TELL ME THAT-"

"I'm a screwed up mess!" Louis starts singing,"That I never listen, listen. Tell me you don't want my kiss, that you need your distance, distance!"

"SHUT UP!" I scream, then slap my hand over my mouth by the shocked look on Louis' face.

"Oh, my God, Louis. I'm so sorry," I say, leaning over to hug him.

"It's fine," he says, returning my hug, "you have every right to be upset and screaming. If you need to, scream at me again!" He holds his arms in a sort of "come at me, bro" way.

I laugh a little and push him away.

"SHE LAUGHED!" Niall yells, getting the attention of many people around us.

I roll my eyes and steal some of Liam's soup, waving my spoon in his face just to make him flinch.

******

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Somewhere," Liam teases me.

"Your hands are sweaty!" I scream. His sweaty palms were pressed over my hands.

"Just a few more feet!" he says.

A few seconds later, Liam removes his hands and I open my eyes to see someone I would've never expected.

Liam's POV

She opened her eyes and her jaw dropped.

"M-mum?" she stutters.

Even I was taken by surprise at how much weaker my mum was. She now needed a wheelchair instead of just a walker, and her arms looked like toothpicks.

"Hi Skylar, come give me a hug," my mum says.

Skylar slowly made her way over to where our mother was and gently gave her a hug.

I was so happy Skylar was able to see our mum. The doctor said that she didn't have long.

I walked over to order us some coffee then came back to Skylar missing.

"Where's Sky?" I ask, putting the coffee on the table.

"She said she had to use the restroom," my dad replies.

I nod and sip my coffee. Personally I like tea better, but my mum is addicting to lattes.

I talk to my parents for a little while, telling them what happened with Zack, how she's settling into the flat, etc.

About 10 minutes later, Skylar emerges from the restrooms.

She sits down next to my mom and holds her hand.

"So Mom," she says, "how are you?"

"Oh stop it," my mom says with a giggle, "I'm just fine Sky. You have nothing to worry about. I'm not leaving this world any time soon!"

The corners of Skylar's mouth twist up into a slight smile.

"Ok mom," she says, looking down at her coffee, "I'm really glad to see you."

"Me too!" Mum exclaims, "it's been, what? 4 years? 5 years?"

"4 years," Skylar mumbles.

"Ah yes," Mum says, "Oh, how are your friends that your living with?"

"They're fine. Both were accepted into great colleges."

"Excellent!"

Niall's POV

"Niall! You have to help me!" Skylar screeches into the phone.

"Relax, love. What's wrong?"

"Well," she starts, "Liam surprised me by having my mum meet with us at this coffee place and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO HER!"

"Ok, ok," I say, "just relax and take a deep breath. Just make simple conversation and try to imagine its just like it was before you moved out."

"Ok," she sighs. "Listen, I got to go. They think I'm peeing."

"What?" I say, but she already hung up.

I put my phone down and chuckle. Of course she would say that.

"Who was that?" Zayn says as he walks into the kitchen.

"No one," I mumble.

"What did Skylar say?"

I look up at him shocked.

"How did you-" I start to say, but I'm cut of by his chuckles.

"Come on, Niall," he says, "anyone can tell it was her and that you like her."

"How?" I ask.

"Well, when she's in the room, you only pay attention to her. No one or nothing else. Not even food!"

I cross my arms.

"And," he continues, "whenever she talks to you, you blush like crazy. When she calls, you grab your phone like it's made of gold. And just now, when you hung up, you were smiling like Nando's just told you that you won a lifetime supply of Peri-Peri Chicken."

"Whatever," I grumble as I start to walk out of the room.

"Do you?" Zayn calls after me.

"Do I what?" I ask, turning around.

"Do you like Skylar?" he says.

"Um, I, well," I stutter.

"Come on lad, you tell me everything!" he says, gestering with his arms out wide.

"Fine! I do!" I yell, then lowering my voice so Harry and Louis can't hear me. "It's just that Liam would KILL me if I tried to ask her out, or even admit my feelings."

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

"I have an idea!" Zayn says, smiling wide.

"I don't like the look on your face..." I say in an unsure tone.

"Trust me, listen to the plan."

*******Later That Day*******

"We're home!" Liam called out.

"We're in the entertainment room!" Harry replies.

A few seconds later Liam walked through the door.

"Where's Skylar?" Zayn asks.

"Upstairs taking a shower. She'll be down in a minute," Liam tells us.

"Perfect!" Zayn says excitedly.

"Why?" Liam says, obviously confused.

"Because Niall has something to tell you," Louis says, looking over at me.

"I-I, um," I was in shock. I rehearsed what I was going to say, but doing it for real was different.

"Just say it!" Harry says.

"Liam," I say, collecting my thoughts, "I like your sister. A lot."

If looks could kill, I would be dead.

"You WHAT?" he explodes.

"Calm down," Zayn says. "Do you not trust Niall?"

"I... I guess... Well, yeah, but" Liam is cut off by Louis.

"Niall is a great guy! He's been waiting for his princess, and now he's found her. And she just happens to be your sister," Louis says firmly. I would have to thank him later.

Liam sighs, "I know you guys have a plan."

"You know us so well!" Harry says, "Zayn, you can do the honors of telling Liam."

"YAY!" Zayn cheers. "Well Liam, step one of our little plan is very simple and very obvious. Step one is finding out how Skylar feels about Niall. And we know just how to do that."

"How?" Liam says.

"We have selected Louis to talk to her about it, since he can work anything into a conversation. If she says she only likes Niall as a friend, then we will stop the rest of the plan. If she says that she likes Niall in a more-than-a-friend way, then we will continue to step two," Zayn says.

"What's step two?" Liam says, leaning forward in interest.

"We're not telling!" Louis sings.

"Telling what?"

We all snap our heads to where the voice came from.

Skylar was standing there, looking extremely confused.

"Not telling... um," Harry says, trying to find an answer.

"Not telling where we're getting our Christmas presents!" I yell out.

"Niall, it's April. Christmas isn't until December," she says with her hands on her hips.

"So?" I say and chuckle.

She smiles and rolls her eyes before laying on the ground in front of the TV.

"What time is it?" she asks.

"About 6 o'clock," I say as I look at my watch.

"I'M HUNGRY! FEED ME!" she yells, making all of us laugh.

"I'll go make something," Louis says as he stands up. "And Skylar's helping me since I can barely cook!"

He picks up Skylar with a wink in my direction and heads into the kitchen.

Louis' POV

"Am I doing this right?" I ask.

"Louis, it's Kraft macoroni and cheese. Just look at the package!" Skylar replies.

"Well Kevin isn't here to help me!" I say, laughing at my own joke and making Skylar laugh a little too.

I pour the macoroni into the boiling water and stir like the box told me to.

"So Skylar," I say. How was I going to put this? "How is your love life?"

That was stupid.

"Um, fine, I guess." she says in an unsure tone.

"Anyone special on your mind?"

As soon as I said this I saw her eyes light up and she had a dazed look on her face. She was thinking about someone.

"Skylar? Skyylar? SKYLAR! SKYLAR THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!" I scream.

"WHAT?" she snaps out of her thoughts then glares at me. "I hate you."

"You can't hate me!" I say with the cutest smile I could manage.

"Get out of my kitchen," she says, pretending to be mad.

"Answer my question first!

"Fine! I like someone!" she says.

"Tell me!" I whine.

"Never!" she yells.

"Give me a hint?"

"Hmmm..." I could almost see the wheels turning in her brain.

"Does he live in this house?" I ask. I knew this would narrow it down by a lot.

She looked at me for a second before answering.

"Yes, he does," she said before turning around to the pot on the stove.

"Does he happen to be a certain little blonde haired Irish boy?" I say.

She slowly turned around and looked at me with a horrified look.

"I KNEW IT!" I yelled and ran back to the boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm... What's step two???? hehehehe <3 you guys. xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 572 23
How could something so tragic happen to a sweet, loving girl like Maren Payne, little sister of Liam Payne who's 1/5 of the world famous boy band One...
5.5K 64 23
15 year old Lauren Styles always considered Harry, her brother, one if her best friends. Then, he disappears on your with his band without telling he...
50.9K 386 49
Gabby is a junior high school student in Atlanta. She had a vacation in London with her family which lead her to knowing Harry and his 1 direction f...
3.2K 22 14
Mia Horan Is Niall Horan's Twin Sister. When Niall Joins One Direction, She gets to meet them . Her Dream Is To Become A Singer Or Dancer, With Her...