Legendary Partner ( Book: Inf...

Av SarahCroft08

In times of despair, Thanos incoming invasion forced Doctor Strange to look for new allies. As he looked thro... Mer

Rules
The Birth Of Hope
The Roar Of The Untamed
Wings Of Enthrallment
Carved Of Fury
A Beautiful Lie
The Burden Of Fear
Poem: The Wild Sentinel
A Fleeting Despair
What Lies Beneath The Heart
A Soldier Of Fortune
A Leap Of Faith
Unstoppable, Unbreakable, I am Infinite
The Last Stand

A Battle Cry

5.3K 153 96
Av SarahCroft08

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Here is the following chapter of Legendary Partner Book where the Avengers first met Thanos. Will they win the fight?

Read to find out.

It may be not as good as the previous chapter as I struggled to find the right words to describe all this. 

Hope you'll enjoy.

Please leave a vote or a message.

Words: 2767

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fear him.

The whisper of a foreign foot brushing the surface of the Earth brought an end to the slander created by the dragon, the Asgardians slowly realising they had a worse opponent stepping on their territory. The snake of fear was slowly crawling its way into the Asgardian's hearts as the titan's gaze fell upon them like a death sentence.

The amethyst alien took a deep breath, oxygen filling his lungs while a smile tugged at his lips, an air of pleasant plastered on his relaxed face. He had reached his final destination to retrieve the Infinity Stones.

Dread him.

His dark eyes roamed the petrified crowd, the fragrance of horror tickling his nostrils, enjoying the sight of frozen Asgardians, looking at him as if he was the personification of Death himself. He considered himself as the Hand of Justice, the Infinity Stone Bearer. He will stop the end of the universe, no matter what the cost would be. After all, he had nothing to lose, or did he?

Stand against him.

One name to rule them all, or will someone stand against the almighty titan?

His name had sent shivers of pure terror down the strongest minds over the weeks, the glimpse of his power destroying the bravest heroes, dwelling in the darkest part of the universe, he had finally come out of his lair.

Silence welcomed the newcomer, a silence so heavy you could hear a pin drop while his eyes scanned the breathing beings.

Face him.

Next, to Loki, you stood motionless, eyeing the dark alien carefully. His golden armour shone brightly hugging his muscular body as if he was a gladiator coming out of an arena. What next move was he going to make? Was he ready to slay an entire people to have the Infinity Stone? A thousand questions were nestled in the mist of your mind, waiting for an answer to come out and bring some relief to your troubled heart. Uncertainty, the fear of the unknown, was one of the worst things to encounter as the world is as unpredictable as a war. You never know what will be next and even if that probably was part of a strategical endgame, the team felt uneasy at Thanos' appearance.

The threat has come. He has arrived.

How was this encounter going to end?

Will death success or justice thrive?

Face him.

The moment his eyes locked with yours, a glow brightened his darkened orbs, tickling the sense of recognition. He knew you from... somewhere.

You raised your head up, hiding the clawing fear in your bones behind your composure. Loki straightened, his whole body tensing at the newcomer approach. From the corner of your eye, you noticed the god's jaw tightened as well as his eyes turned a cold blue colour. You knew that look.

It was the look of fear, a traumatic fear.

Except for Thor, it was the first encounter with the alien for the team and they all apprehended this moment. The moment you knew if it was the end of a lost fight your heart missed a bit but a small voice in our head repeated,"but wasn't the Avengers the team of hope and the shield to alien threats?" It was.

You glanced at your teammates, observing for few seconds the impact Thanos presence had on them, and what you saw awakened an old wound: doubt.

Doubt, a vacillating feeling snaking its way up into the heroes' hearts and you couldn't let seeds of uncertainty rooted in the Earth only hope.

Tony was frozen like a statue, his whole body as tensed all wound up, his gaze transfixed on the upcoming threat he had been waiting since the Chitauri attack. His dishevelled brown hair, his face frowning with an air of fear mingled with determination, Tony was definitely one of the bravest humans you had ever met. Who would be ready to face an alien ten times stronger than yourself?

Captain America fit this description as well, the most righteousness man ready to fight injustice despite a small veil of fear covering his features. The Second World War supersoldier, along with Peter took a deep breath and breathed out, releasing the sudden tension in their limbs. A fight was going to start and they were both ready to fight for the fairness of the world.

On one hand, Doctor Strange was motionless, analysing the opponent, but you could see in the blueness of his eyes, pure determination blazing and you glimpsed the same fire burning in the God of Thunder's eyes.

Fear may be present, sneaking its way into people's minds, however, hope was burning alive as well.

Fight him.

On the other hand, when Thanos's gaze fell upon you, a trail of goosebumps erupted on your bare arms, demonstrating your fear despite your dragon abilities which ended the moment Loki grabbed your hand in yours, taking you by surprise.

You narrowed your eyebrows, slightly moving your hand from his grip, but he didn't budge. Not breaking your eye contest with the titan, you conveyed your fiery look of determination.

« Empty your heart from fear and fill it with strength. You're a dragon, Y/N. » you encouraged yourself, gritting your teeth as Thanos' gaze burnt down your form.

« The age of legends is over » muttered the titan, his golden fist clenched.

Immediately, this left no doubt to the incoming threat. Some whining screams echoed in the heavy silence, the Asgardians backing away in the depth of the mountain while the Avengers walked in front of Thanos.

« You will not take the Infinity Stone » announced Thor, some jolt of electricity tickling the tip of his fingers.

Thanos merely looked at him, his gaze fixed on his brother, and for once you saw Loki felt uneasy. You squeezed his hand and stepped forward.

« We won't let you kill half of the universe, Thanos. » you stated, shielding your once lost love. Loki opened his mouth to intervein but you sent him a death glare and he remained silent, unvoicing his fears.

Thanos chuckled darkly, his voice breaking the heavy silence of war while he raised his golden gauntlet, proudly showing off his acquirements.

« The Dragon. I've been waiting for you. »

You were a bit taken aback by his mysterious answer. The confused air plastered on your face mirrored your teammates, waiting for the alien to continue his speech. What did he mean by « waiting for you » ? Was it part of an inner plan?

You didn't let his words perturb your next move.

« You are not the only one cursed with knowledge, Thanos, last survivor of the Titan planet. ».

He tilted his head to the side, enjoying the sight in front of him. One boy in a red suit hurrying the Asgardian to take shelter in the mountains while the Avengers stood against him.

Fight Him.

« The world is unbalanced, heading to a slow death. It needs a new start. » explained the titan, « And nothing will keep me away from this path ».

As soon as these words left his purple lips, his whole behaviour straightened, turning into a predatory position. Strange activated blazing shields and Stark raised his arms up, his suit aiming its weapons at the enemy. Peter landed next to you, webbing his way down to your side and you clenched your fist, ready to turn into your dragon form.

« Last warning, Bald Head, » stated Stark.

His voice was stern and incontrovertible, starked from any compassion as he had prepared himself for years for this nightmarish encounter.

Thanos barely reacted to Stark's statement and aimed at the human. He knew his time was near as he saw his Wakanda-made shield being destroyed by the fire blast of the alien. His hazel eyes carved of fire shone brightly until a shadow blocked the attack, taking the blast at his place. He never felt so relieved to have a dragon at his sides. You roared loudly, while Stephen activated the Bolts of Balthakk.

« You are a coward, aiming at the weak first! » you spat, angry.

Your burning furnace glowed, a groan erupting from your throat while the alien seemed unfazed by your transformation.

As he raised his hand to throw a comet at you, you breathed fire at the alien while Peter shot webs to slow down Thanos. Loki stepped away, heading to safety as he was the one to carry the Tesseract and Thor was close behind. He took one last glance at you as Thanos landed a hard punch in your stomach, using the moment you breathed fire to dodge the attack and closed the distance between the two of you and punched you hard in your scaly chest.

You screamed in pain, your wings flapping the air to bring back your balance. He took the opportunity to slice one of your wings, earning a scream of pure pain echoed in the mountain. The whole team froze at your battle cry while you threw your spiky tail at him to push him away from you. Blood dripped from your wounded wing, your chest hurting you at each gulp of air but you didn't let these injuries distract you from the fight.

Thanos landed roughly against the mountain wall, the impact shaking the mountain but he got up, stretching his hands.

Peter came at your sides, eyeing your bruised body but you wrapped your tail around him, protecting him like a mother would.

« Y/N » he muttered, worried at your state.

The mythical beast of legends wasn't as strong as the myth said. The fierce dragon could be hurt, and if it could bleed, it could die and that's what frightened the little spider.

You looked at your fellow friends and nodded at the Avengers.

« Together. Let's attack him together, » you stated.

Steve nodded in agreement, readying his shield. Tony armed his most powerful weapon and flew above your head, Peter escaped your grip and jumped on your back and Thor struck the Alien with the most powerful bolt of lightning you had ever seen.

It was your moment to strike, to defeat your opponent.

FIGHT HIM.

You surged forward, your wings flapping the air, while Stephen activating the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak to immobilize the titan and opened also portals to Steve to get closer.

All your attacks landed on the target, your claws wounding up the titan, drawing blood on his armour, the blast from Stark pushing the titan on one knee and Peter sending webs at him to blind him from Steve's attacks.

Hurt him.

You thought for a second, you were going to win this fight, that your combined attack would succeed but when Thanos locked eyes with yours, a smirk of anger tugging at his lips.

« Oh, no », you mumbled, while the titan suddenly rose up, freeing himself from the whips of the sorcerer and sending the super soldier to fly away with a punch. With his gauntlet, he used the power of the Infinity Stone to throw a comet at Stark who barely had time to dodge it and then he turned towards you. You bounced forward, tackling the alien to the ground before he had the chance to throw a punch. Peter jumped off your back before Thanos had the time to wrap his hands around your neck and squeezed. You screamed for air, your roar of distraught breaking Loki's heart as he ran towards the battlefield.

«Stop! Put an end to her suffering now! » the god yelled.

Thanos ignored the god's pleas and squeezed harder, his muscles tightening as you tried to escape his grip. You knew if you changed into your human form, you would die, crushed. So you wiggled endlessly, desperately trying to get free as you clawed Thanos' arms but your wings were flapping slower and slower, your tail hitting Thanos' back weaker and weaker until the lack of air darkened your vision. So you stopped fighting, your body gradually going limp in Thanos iron grip. You heard your name being shout a few times, unable to recognise the voice. Was it Peter? Steve? Stephen? Thor? Loki?

« Let her live and I'll give you the Infinity Stone » proclaimed Loki, holding out the Space Cube.

Thanos grip froze, still keeping the pressure on your scaly neck, barely living a streak of air reached your burning lungs.

FIGHT HIM!!!

Were you going to die like your parents once did? By the hand of the Mad Titan? Were you not the Wild Sentinel? The Untamed Dragon?

« Come on, Y/N. Fight him! » Tony yelled, trying to get a reaction out of you.

Stephen sent his Cloak at Thanos's head, blinding him, but his grip remained as strong as ever.

You suddenly opened your eyes, the fire in your furnace dying, while you fell to the floor.

However, Loki's offer tempted the titan, so he carried your limp body and tossed you away like an old sock. You landed roughly against the rock, broken bones resonated in the heavy air of the battle. You gasped, trying to breathe again, to gulp the fresh air, filling your lungs again. He removed roughly the Cloak from his head, the sound of the material being torn apart, a silent scream being relished from the relic which flew back to Stephen.

« Weak » Thanos muttered as he walked towards Loki.

« Brother, no! » shouted Thor jumping to knock him out, but the titan grabbed the god of thunder in mid-air.

« Who shall I choke to death today? The Asgardian or the Dragon? » Thanos whispered while squeezing Thor's head.

The blond man winced and Loki frowned, looking at his brother's stuck body.

« B...Brother, don't » managed to say Thor but had Loki ever once listen to his brother in his life?

Loki took a deep breath and held out the Space Stone at the titan who smiled triumphantly. He grabbed the cube, breaking it into his palm and unveiled the blue stone. The item flew to the Infinity Gauntlet, sending a jolt of power through Thanos body. He groaned in pain, relieved of the new power running through his veins, one step closer to his final goal.

He released the god, who fell on his knees, breathing heavily, small sparks of electricity tingling in his body.

The rest of the team watched, helpless and wounded as Thanos won the first battle.

The titan opened a portal and disappeared, heading to the next infinity stone. A smile draped on his lips the whole time as he left nonchalantly the battlefield, leaving behind him a broken team.

The god of mischief rushed towards his brother to look if he was fine and then to you, still laid down on the floor, shaken. Peter stroke your head, tears on the verge to fall as he glanced at your bloody state. How could such a beautiful creature be hurt like this? He didn't understand why the dragon race was on the verge of extinction when all he could see was the magnificence of your heart.

Slowly you rose up, on your trembling limbs, blood streaking down your body and said.

« Thanos may have won this fight, but he didn't win the war. »

Tony's widened at your statement.

« He strangled you with his bare arms, and we couldn't do anything to stop him and yet you think we're going to defeat him?! »

« Mister Stark... » started to say, Peter.

« We need to go back to the compound, warn the others about what happened. » cut off Steve.

You nodded your head and Stephen opened a portal.

« You are in no condition to fly, Y/N. » stated Stephen. He helped you get up with Peter while you crossed the blazing portal, heading home.

« This is not over, » you thought, the fire of determination purring into your chest again as you lied down on the ground waiting for Stephen, Tony and Bruce help you stitch your heavily wounded wing. Peter never left your side while Loki kept the distance.

Your mind, despite the pain, was boiling with revenge and anger. You needed to be stronger, to be smarter, to be better. This was the beginning of a war you intended to win no matter what.

Defeat him.

A/N: So what did you think? Did you like the battle? What should happen next?

*edited*

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

244K 7K 54
She didn't know why everyone left her. She didn't know why she found herself in a monastery, but slowly, things started to make sense. X SPIDER-MAN...
14.6K 745 19
After defeating Thanos, Dr. Strange used the time stone to bring back not only Tony, but also Loki after much of Thor's pleading. At first everyone...
80.5K 2.5K 15
Dr. Strange said there was only one possibility of winning the battle against Thanos. But when (Name) is forced into the past and into his younger b...
34.7K 873 16
❝ my love for you will never stop even when you use your power, princess ❞ . . . (pietro maximoff x reader) HIGHEST RANK: #10 - pietroxreader ...