Transformers: A Matter of Fate

By Cman710

Post-Age of Extinction. *MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN* Soon after the battle of Hong Kong, Hound crosses paths with... More

THE AFTERMATH
THE RUN-IN
SHELTER AND WORRIES
FEELINGS
A CHANGE OF PLANS
TALENT AND QUESTIONS
A DANGER IN THEIR MIDST
NO CHOICE LEFT
MAKING PLANS
THE ARRIVAL
NERVES AND ANNOYANCES
SECRETS AND STORIES
FASCINATION AND BONDS
GUARDIANS AND SNAKES
GRIEF AND A CONFESSION
FRIENDS AND TEACHERS
ADDRESING AN ISSUE
SMALL FRUSTRATIONS AND BIG TROUBLE
WORRIES AND GOOD NEWS
A GROWING FONDNESS
JOKES AND CELEBRATION
A DAY TO REMEMBER
FLIRTATIONS AND RIDES
EMERGENCY SITUATION
BOLD MOVES AND REMINDERS
CATCHING UP AND A SURPRISE
QUESTIONING AND FAMILY
MEMORIES
DISTRUST
THE RETURN OF OPTIMUS PRIME
FRUSTRATIONS AND SUSPICIONS
STUBBORNNESS AND GUARDIANS
NEEDED HELP
FUN AND PANIC
THE CHASE
A SENSE OF BELONGING
BROTHERLY HELP
SO YOU WANT TO GO ON A DATE?
ADVICE AND COLD FEET
THE REDHEAD
TECHIES AND STRESS
THREATS AND DECISIONS
SUSPENSION AND A VISIT
A NEW LIAISON AND A NEW AGREEMENT
DEVASTATION
SHARING AND SPARRING
PLANS
MEET THE FAMILY
HONESTY AND REVELATIONS
FEARS AND DISCUSSIONS
PROMISES AND THERAPISTS
TAKING A TROPHY
TO MAKE A STAND
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 1
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 2
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 3
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 4
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: END
AT LAST
DECISIONS
EPILOGUE

CHANCES AND GIRLS

348 14 7
By Cman710

CHAPTER 32

Chances and Girls

"HOUND!"

Hound nearly jumped out of his armor at the sound of his name, distracted temporarily from his work in the main hangar. His optics turned to see Mark, rushing up to him, and nearly tripping. The mech had been expecting him, considering he was supposed to be coming from Kenny's house around this time. Yet he hadn't expected him to be as excited and breathless as he was. "I take it this isn't because you missed me in the last couple of hours." Hound jested, his optics raised in curiosity "What's got you so excited, youngin'?" He asked.

"Kenny's dad... Saw one of my comics." Mark managed to get out, though the Transformer didn't understand what made this exciting "Hound, his dad owns this local newsletter... He loved it and he says he's going to publish it in the next issue if we copy it and give it to him." That got Hound's optics widening "I know, right? He has this "local artists" section I guess and..."

Hound chuckled and waved his hand slightly to calm Mark down. "Mark, Mark, slow down..." He told him gently "That's all very exciting. Did he give ye any more information? They are going to give you credit right?" Mark nodded his head vigorously at that "Alright, I want to talk to the man before we publish so I get all the details. But if it all checks out, y'know fragging well yer jumping on that offer."

From his position at a desk near Hound, Prowl smirked. "Getting published will look good on your college applications. As well as help you when you attempt to make a career out of it." Prowl looked at the young boy curiously, and rested his hands on his knees "I didn't even know you drew, youngling. Too bad Sideswipe's brother, Sunstreaker is not here, he knows all about these things." He added, then shuddered "Primus, that sentence left a weird taste in my mouth."

"I take it you're not a fan of Sunstreaker?" Mark asked teasingly.

"He's not that bad." Hound offered.

"I don't like anyone who's an outright hooligan. Sideswipe's bad, but I am okay with him since he at least isn't one." Prowl explained, standing to his feet as his doorwings trilled with annoyance "His brother on the other hand, is the definition of a "hooligan". Has been since we found them when they were twelve vorns." He added with a grunt.

Mark put his hands in his pockets, and shrugged. He figured that Prowl was exaggerating, but he dared not bring that up to the second-in-command. Rather, it was Hound who chuckled, and began to talk. "Be thankful that Red Alert isn't on Earth to hear you say that." Hound explained "He's the one that brought them up. It's no wonder they became rebellious with a worry-wart like that raising 'em."

"Red Alert?"

"Pray ye never meet him." Hound laughed "He's a paranoid guy, nice, but overbearing. He'd drive ye up a wall."

Mark had a feeling that his guardian was right, given he still was driven nuts by Prowl sometimes. If Red Alert was any worse than Prowl, he would not have much fun with him at all. "Most of us get annoyed by him." Prowl then stepped forward more "Mark, I'm rather curious to see your art, might I have a look?"

Mark was surprised, Prowl was taking more of an interest in stuff he did? After a moment, he nodded, taking the notebook under his arm, and holding it out to Prowl as his holoform, a tall, tan, and hardened police officer appeared and took hold. "I'm uh, not that great... I mean, I've only shown a few people, and..." Mark watched Prowl as he observed it closely "Yeah. I have a lot of work to do."

Prowl nodded, flipping through pages another several minutes before handing it over. "Some work, you may still need to do. But I can see why your friends father asked you, you're talented." He explained as his holoform disappeared "Given the level of talent, I definitely recommend Hound sees the company first though. As you humans say it could be worth something someday."

"I know, that's what I tell Mark about all of his art." Hound looked at Mark with a "told you so" expression "But he didn't believe me."

Mark blushed, did he really have that much talent? Before it had just been his dad who told him but now it was the Autobots and his friends dad too, they were seeing it. And perhaps, truly for the first time, Mark was starting to see his own talent too. "You guys really think I'm good enough for this...?" He got a nod from both of them "Then I'm definitely doing it, I'll tell Kenny's dad you want to talk with him first though and stuff."

"Good, why don't you go and do that, kiddo?" Hound nodded "I still have a bit of work to get done. But when I'm off, we can pop in a movie if you want."

"Sweet!"

And with that, a grinning, and even more excited Mark was rushing off. Hound chuckled, and turned around in his desk to continue his work. He was surprised when Prowl looked over with a smile of his own. "The boy is extremely talented for his age." He stated calmly "I'll be curious what life may be like if we have another artist living on-base."

"He won't stay that long." Hound mused with a hint of sadness "Someday he's going to want to leave, go off to school, start his own life." His voice became somewhat distant as he said that "But I know he's going to make it, and I know this is the first step." He commented as he began to go back to his data pad "Which is why I need to get this done, because every second I get with him counts." He explained.

"Indeed, it does."

But Prowl would only leave it at that, knowing Hound needed no reminder of the short life-span of humans.

...

That evening, Mark and Hound settled down for a relaxing feature in his bedroom. This time, Mark had picked an action movie that Hound had been inclined to watch by the name of Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. Mark immediately was taken in by the fact Captain Kirk from Star Trek was in it, as well as the intrigue that came with the spy portion of the movie. But even moreso, he was drawn in by the fact that the woman starring in the movie was really, really hot. Whereas Hound seemed to be most into the action, not to Mark's surprise, Hound seemed like an action guy.

Mark was thankful to have nights like this now, with Optimus and Prowl now on Earth and taking all the weight that had been on Hound's shoulders. It was beginning to become more like things had been at the start now, and that was a welcome feeling. "You see, in another life, if I wasn't an artistic type, this is what I'd want to be." Mark explained "I mean, I got the hot cars, the epic lifestyle, and the good looks." That last part he said in a mock-conceited way.

"The modesty too." Hound poked his stomach a bit.

"Hey!" Mark chuckled "But what I still don't have her... I mean, I don't know if I want a relationship right now. But just give me ten minutes alone with someone like his girlfriend." He stated as he motioned to the screen "I haven't even had my first kiss yet, and it sucks."

Hound snorted at his foster son slightly, though he knew how he felt. Most kids at his age or the equivalent felt the same way about women, they wanted the experience, but were never quite as ready as they thought they were. "Ye wouldn't have the first idea what to do with that girl, Mark. Yer a little young to know the ways of femmes yet." Hound replied.

"So teach me." Mark leaned over "How did you woo your "femme"?"

Hound laughed that time, crossing his arms in amusement. "So you want the advice of your old mech on dating?" Hound asked teasingly, poking him again "I'll tell ye what, kiddo. You find yerself a date one of these days and I'll teach you exactly how I won Aqua over." Mark's expression brightened at that "And I don't mean to go drag any ole femme off the street, mind you."

Mark rolled his eyes, he wasn't sure how it would work otherwise. Given Tessa was much older and spoken for, and Maria, well, he wasn't sure if Maria was interested in him in that way, and it was a very mutual uncertainty there. Leaning against the massive mech, he looked up at him silently for a moment before speaking. "I guess we're just two single dudes at the moment then." Mark replied "Especially since you can only bond once."

"Bond once, yes. But that's fine, if the right femme comes along I can still carry a relationship." Hound shrugged his shoulders "So I believe your notion of "two single dudes" is very much accurate. Because I haven't found the correct femme to settle with or "date" either." Mark shifted a bit "I don't think now's the right time to be looking anyway. I have ye to be worry about enough with this war going on. A mate would be even more stressful to handle." He added.

Mark looked up at him, frowning a little. "I don't mean to be a burden."

Hound shook his head and waved his hand at him quickly. "No, no, you're NOT a burden, Mark. I thank Primus every day for gifting you to me the way he has." Hound explained, his voice firm and honest "I'll take any stress related to you that I'm handed." He added, again with firmness "But the stress of a mate is not something I want to welcome into my life yet. Not after the last time." He admitted.

"Kind of like I'm not totally ready for adoption yet?"

Hound nodded, it was a very good analogy to make, after all. "I lost my bonded, you lost your father. And while for you, you already know and live with me... Therefore, it will be easier for you to accept it if and when the time comes..." Hound began "It'll be a harder task for me because it is even harder to imagine anyone else making my spark feel the same way." He added.

"I don't know, with you I feel the same way I used to with my dad." Mark told him honestly "And... You feel the same way about me that you felt about Coldsteel, don't you?" He asked politely.

"Of course I do!" Hound replied in surprise.

"So, I bet someday you might find someone that makes you feel the way Aqua did." Mark replied with honesty "Even without a bond. I mean, I know we have that guardian bond. But I bet even that's kind of different than the bond you have with your biological kids."

Hound smiled, he always did enjoy the fact that Mark kept a certain optimism about some things. Even though he also had negative feelings towards other situations, it was nice to know he did have those positive thoughts. "Yeah, I guess you could be right about that." Hound replied "But it'd have to be someone good for the both of us. Because she's gonna have to be a mother too."

Mark nodded, understanding that position as well. "Yeah, maybe someday."

"Someday."

As the two continued to watch the film, Mark popped in another handful of popcorn. His eyes looking up at Hound silently. "Either way, she's hot. You think your connections in the government could get me a meeting with her?" He commented "I think her name's Keira Knightly." He added.

That was all Hound needed for the serious tone to drop. With a hearty laugh, he tickled Mark's side, causing him to giggle. "I think that's above most paygrades." Hound told him gently "And she's got just a few too many years over you, m'boy. Think SMALLER." He added jokingly.

Mark smirked, returning to leaning against Hound and watching the movie. For a moment, his eyes went back to the pocket containing his phone. Maybe one of these days, he was going to have to finally meet up with Maria to hang out as friends. If nothing else, he had a good feeling that it would be somewhere to start.

...

A/N: I figured it was time that Hound and Mark had at least a conversation about dating. I hope I handled it well enough. XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101 1 3
In the uptake of a relentless war, Florence Rigby reigns as the school's charismatic bully, wielding charm like a weapon. For him, life is a thrill r...
71 1 12
Scarlet Norwood is a she-wolf mated to the Alpha. Just like most she-wolves her mothering instincts are strong. All ready having a three year old son...
64 0 28
Twelve year old, telepathic, animal communicator Luki Sloan's parents are detective-scientists with World Endangered Animal Police Protection (WEAPP)...
513K 14.8K 21
Klynn Blaire was a werewolf with the status of omega. He isn't liked by any and beat up by all, his life was full of shit. His 18th birthday would be...