Why the Straight One? | Book...

Por -leavemetodream-

Why the Straight One? Or, my struggle with being gay and married to a totally straight prince. Yeah, you gu... Más

Character Aesthetics
Entry 1 - Unrequited Love
Entry 2 - That Letter
Entry 3 - Elliot
Entry 4 - Brothers
Entry 5 - Alan
Entry 6 - First "Date"
Entry 7 - Skittles
Entry 8 - Humor is Essential
Entry 9 - Just Imagine This Working if I Was As Boring As Him
Entry 10 - Your Typical Wedding Night
Entry 11 - More Than Meets the Eye
Entry 12 - It Can't All Be Fun and Games
Entry 13 - Traitors and Cheats
Entry 14 - Strange Night and Stranger Morning
Entry 15 - Way to Make Things Awkward
Entry 17 - Confusing Emotions
Entry 18 - Harsh Greetings and Strange Confrontation
Entry 19 - "So You're Basically An Idiot."
Entry 20 - "Next Time I'll Just Slap You."
Entry 21 - The Day Before
Entry 22 - Vows and Shots
Entry 23 - "Leave Me Here To Die."
Entry 24 - "You Sound Like My Dad!"
Entry 25 - Unexpected Discoveries
Entry 26 - "You're So Goddamn Confusing!"
Entry 27 - "Will I Be Scarred For Life?"
Entry 28 - Let's Just Say That This Didn't Go As Planned
Entry 29 - No Reason To Stay
Entry 30 - "Stop Laughing At Me!"
Entry 31 - "Are You Blackmailing Me?"
Entry 32 - Should've Gotten His Number
Entry 33 - Impeccable Timing
Entry 34 - Just In Case
Entry 35 - It's A Bet
Excerpt 1
Entry 36 - Go Find Your Man
Entry 37 - I Never Did Get That Information
Entry 38 - A Step Forward
Entry 39 - "And the Top Is..."
Entry 40 - Just Like A Couple
Entry 41 - Home For Christmas
Entry 42 - Separate Rooms
Entry 43 - I Ship It
Entry 44 - Patience and I Don't Get Along
Excerpt 2
Excerpt 3
Excerpt 4
Entry 45 - Flares
Entry 46 - Feelings Get Involved
Entry 47 - I Don't Always Do the Smartest Things
Excerpt 5
Character Q and A: Answers
Entry 48 - Silence
Excerpt 6
Entry 49 - Raymond's Narrative
Excerpt 7
Entry 50 - A Whole New Side
Entry 51 - Of Elliot
Entry 52 - Old Promises and Angry Outbursts
Excerpt 8
Excerpt 9
Epilogue
Important Announcement!

Entry 16 - Making Plans and Eaves Dropping

22.2K 1.1K 263
Por -leavemetodream-

I avoided Thomas as much as I could the next day. Several times, he tried to talk to me about last night, but I changed the subject quickly. I just felt embarrassed about the whole thing, and wished that he would forget it.

So I decided to visit Elliot. When I got to his rooms, a few servants were bustling around. It looked like they were packing.

"Oh hey, Alex. I didn't see you come in." He glanced up from his phone, then went back to typing.

"What's happening here?" He sent off his text, then pushed his phone in his back pocket, giving me his full attention.

"I'm going an another trip to Cadazar. You know, the country I'm gonna be married to the ruler of."

"Why are you going there again? I thought you just got back a week or two ago. Same time as us."

"Yeah, I did." He ran a hand through his messy brown hair. "We are trying to make this as real as possible so the king doesn't look like as much of a creep as he is."

"Who are you going with?"

"A few guards and servants." He sat down on the couch, and buried his face in his hands.

"No one else?" I sat next to him. This didn't seem like the kind of thing he would want to do alone.

"Well, who else would go with me? It's not like I can take Alan or something."

"I would go with you." His hands dropped from his face, and he looked at me in amazement.

"You would? Oh, Alex! That would be amazing."

"Of course I would! I wouldn't want you do have to go there alone." He smiled, tears standing out in his eyes.

"I was already feeling so lonely, and I haven't even left yet. Oh wait!" His brows furrowed. "What about Thomas?"

"What about him?"

"Don't you have to see what he thinks or something?" I snorted.

"Honey, I can do what I want."

"Yeah right! You really proved that by getting married to him!" He raised his eyebrows at me, the slightest bit of scorn in his voice.

"Okay, wow. But you're right. I'll see what he thinks, but I honestly don't know why he'd have a problem. It's not like we want him to come."

"Defiantly not! Good vibes only."

"For sure."

"I have to warn you though. It's gonna be pretty boring for you. I mean, like, we are supposed to be seen at different places and stuff, and you'll have to stay at the palace for that."

"I think I'll manage. I just bring an improving book."

"I can't imagine you reading an improving book. Seems more along Thomas' line."

"True. I was thinking 50 Shades, I thought that was improving, but whatever."

"Okay...I was not expecting that." He looked totally taken aback, and I couldn't keep a straight face for a second longer.

"I'm joking! I'm totally joking. That is not my thing." He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh good, cause I didn't need you reading that the whole trip. That story just creeps me out."

"Same! Cameron made me go to the theater with him once, and he didn't seem to find it necessary to tell me what we were watching. I left before the movie was a quarter of the way in, and I've never been to the theater with him since."

"That must have been incredibly traumatizing." He patted my knee in mock sympathy.

"I've never been the same since." I heaved a massive sigh, and stood up.

"Well, I'm going to talk to Thomas, but plan on me going with you. When are you leaving, by the way?"

"Tomorrow at 10."

"Alright, I'll be back soon." I had just closed the door behind me when I realized that I had no idea where I was going. He could be anywhere. I'm not really sure what he does all day, but it sounds like princely stuff.

I wandered around for a while, becoming hopelessly lost. I was walking down a corridor that I kind of think I wasn't supposed to be down, when I heard his voice. It came from the room right next to me, the door had been left ajar for some reason, and I couldn't help but hear what was going on.

"—peace this shaky that we would send our brother to be married to that man? It's disgusting to think of him being married to a man more than twice his age. And we already know that their were rumors about him mistreating his late wife. This seems like madness to me, father."

"Thomas, all of the points you are making have already gone through my mind on numerous occasions. Don't you think your mother and I find this disturbing as well? But be assured of this, if Elliot doesn't not marry King Jasper, we will have a war on our hands."

"This is ridiculous!" I recognized the voice as Raymond's, and stepped closer to hear more. I had never heard Thomas defend Elliot like this, and I wanted to know what came of this conversation.

"Are we really that weak of a country that we must tolerate these threats from a odious King that we all despise?"

"In question of power, I believe our countries are equal to each other. But this is no idle threat. I believe with all of my heart that if he is not given my son as a husband, he will declare war. And so, to prevent the bloodshed of thousands of innocent people, Elliot must make this sacrifice."

"And there is no other option? No other way out of this?" Thomas' voice sounded tired. "You know as well as I do that he only wants to marry Elliot for his own personal gain. Can't we avoid this in some way?"

"I see no way around it, my son. He has set his eyes on Elliot, and he has determined to have him. Though I believe that part of the reason is to get revenge on me. Too long have we been enemies." The bitterness and regret were audible in the voice of the king.

"To hell with this then!" Raymond's voice was much louder than before, and I could just make out his figure, standing next to the chair in which his father was seated.

"If this is for spite, or only to hold something over you, then why must it be Elliot? I'll marry the fucking creep!

At least I'm more than half his age, and I could give back as good as I got! Elliot is in love with Alan, and you know that, dad. I have no one, and no reason to not take his place. Elliot is much to kind and innocent to have to do this. Send me in his place, father."

The room was dead silent. I could barely see what was happening, but it looked as if Raymond had fallen on his knees in front of his father. Finally, the king spoke.

"Raymond." His voice was gentle and caring. I'd never heard it sound like that before. "What you are proposing is noble indeed, but I'm afraid it's too late. Too much is already in motion."

"Please, just try. Talk to the King. Do whatever it takes, but at least try. I can't let this happen without knowing that I did whatever I could to try and change it."

"I will do what I can, son. Now I must go, but I will tell you if there is any chance as soon as I know." He stood up, and I scurried away from the door, expecting to see him walk out any second. When he didn't, I walked hesitantly back.

When I looked in, he was gone. There must have been another door in one of the other walls.

"Did you really mean that?"

"Why would I lie? Of course! I would do anything to protect Elliot."

"But marry that man?"

"No worse than what is expected of Elliot. Listen, I know the rumors about his late wife. I think their must be some truth in them. If that man is going to try to hit or use anyone, I'd rather it was me than Elliot. I could whip his ass the moment he tried anything, but Elliot..."

"He's too young, and much to innocent. He wouldn't stand a chance."

"Exactly, Thomas! Now do you understand?"

"Yes, yes I do. We have to do whatever we can to not let Elliot marry him."

"I think that's the first thing you've ever said that I agree with one hundred percent. It's gonna be weird being a team on something."

"Yes, but long overdue. I think we could make a great team."

"Any team that I am on, will be great no matter what. If you keep becoming more decent like you have been lately, this team might stand a chance."

It wasn't until too late that I realized hey were walking towards the door. I scrambled back, but not in time. The door swung open, and I was met by Thomas' surprised face.

"Alex, what are you doing here?"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.7K 94 24
It all started in my Junior year of high school. That year was when everything changed, when everything that I've known about myself was no longer t...
1.2K 32 60
Book 1 (A series of beauty) It's simple, a love story. All over the place. (: WARNING: IF YOU DO NOT APPROVE OF SAME-SEX INTERACTION THEN PLEASE MOV...
3K 107 22
A long time ago, I was once in a relationship with the love of my life. Or so I thought. I moved away and years later I took a job, back there. Back...
353K 17K 58
(Completed MXM) In a kingdom of wolves, a prince dwells with an unappealing attitude and a way of distancing himself from anything that deals with 'l...