Night Shade: Family Ties

By RADplusMOON

(SEQUEL TO NIGHT SHADE: BLOOD BOUND) War has begun, things are turning from bad to worse. Seth wants Sam, hav... More

Prolouge ycS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 4

25 3 2
By RADplusMOON

Scar

"Run, run, run little wolf. You won't get far!" Max yelled as he and Akshay chased me down as I tried exiting the 2nd dimension.

Max loved being the predator, that was always his trait. I ran faster, I didn't know how fast Max could run till he already caught up to Akshay. Speeding up I ran toward the sun, hoping that'd be my exit to escape.

Closing my eyes the bright light burned my eyes, using my x-Ray vision I found myself right; the sun was the only way out and beyond that is emptiness. Taking a chance I lunged through, the sound of shattering glass wiped past my face, closing my eyes I opened then back up till the sound of crunching twigs broke under my paws. Staring around I noticed the distinct smell of the forest compared to the human environment I was used to sucking in.

Looking back toward the portal two large figures ran toward it, toward me. Leaping into the forest, I ran as fast as I could, tripping over various of branches.

'Sca- Scarlette?' Spoke a mysterious voice, I stopped in my tracks.

"Who was that?" I yelled into the forest.

'Its me. Where have you been Scarlette. Everything turned black after trying to stop Sam leave Ben's territory.'

Could It be, my wolf? I wanted to open my mouth and spill out everything to her but held my tongue. Was it really the best decision, should I tell her?

'Scarlette?' She spoke softly, but suddenly there was an edge in her voice.

'What is that! Somebody is following us!' I didn't say anything, keeping silent as I bound deeper into the forest.

'Scarlette! You know who is following us, tell me!'

"Max-"

'Max?! How could he possess this much power?'

Power? "- but he's not alone, there's one more. Probably a student of Max, and trust me, he's not to be dealt with easily."

"That's very kind of you." I stopped in my tracks, looking up at a pillar of stones Max stood like a royal alpha as he stared down at me with gleaming eyes, Akshay laying down lazily at his side.

How could they have caught up to me already? "Max. Why do you still chase me?"

"Haven't I told you already-" He crawled down like an insect to the Earth's surface. I backed up timidly.

'Scarlette, what's going on? Destroy him!' Yelled my wolf.

"I.. Can't." My eyes shaking out of a unknown force I've never felt before. "Why- why am I shaking?"

Max laughed, "It's called fear little wolf." I snarled, it can't be fear!

He laughed harder, "I guess you've never got a taste of your own medicine have you? Looks like the Alpha of the Alaskan pack, Ben Harris was too soft on you for all the crimes you've committed."

"Shut up!" I screamed, I wanted to sound bold but my insides were shaking so hard I thought I would crumble into ashes. I was never scared of Max before, why now?

"Now. Why don't you keep running, it'll be more fun when we crush you." He snarled, slowly walking over, a torcherous smile that only belonged to the devil spread across his ugly face.

He laughed once more, taking the chance he gave me I bolted the other way. My insides shook as his laughter spread throughout the whole forest. Run, that's all I had left, I had to get away from him.

Looking around I figured I didn't know where the hell I was, was I even in the US anymore? My wolf suddenly tuned in and started yelling.

'Scarlette! What the hell is going on, why didn't you take him? It can't be because of nerves.'

I stayed silent, "He helped me, okay. Now forget it!"

My wolf started chatting but I tried to ignore her as I listened in to my surroundings, guessing that they would make a lot of sound as they traveled through the forest because of their heavier weight.

I couldn't hear them, maybe if I climb a tree I can lose them for sure. Immediately diving toward the right I started running up the closest tree I made contact with, when I was almost in the clearing something pinned me to the ground. Coughing up dirt, my eyes froze as they gazed into Akshay's. What the hell? They weren't even near me!

I growled and used my tail to shift his weight I as pushed him off. "Well at least you can use your tail." Spoke Akshay.

"What's that mean?" I snarled, he shrugged.

"Not everyone does it, or has strong enough bones." His tail whipped to the side, in a millisecond I was slammed into the tree with his tail wrapped around my neck, "Example."

"Nice job Akshay. Scarlette, turns out death weakens you, but don't worry you'll relearn soon."

'Scarlette, what does he mean that death weakens us?'

"Right now is not the best moment."

"And why not?" Max smiled.

"Not you Max, my wolf!"

"I see, so you can connect with her in this dimension but not much in the 2nd one. Interesting." He slashed under my rib cage, I snarled in pain, my head flipping up by the intensity.

"Like I said, Scarlette, you'll learn very quickly." He dug his fangs into my neck, I felt him pulling as the pain doubled. I howled and squirmed, Max was enjoying this while Akshay's expression was vacant. The pain maxed out as he tore a small piece of my neck out, he shifted and held a bloody white mess in his hands. Throwing it up and down, he paused and looked at me, my wolf was dieing to crawl out but I couldn't let her.

"Akshay open her mouth." He ordered, Akshay nodded and used his front paws to try to open my mouth but I kept them iron tight.

Using my chance, I kicked Max and Akshay and sent myself flying backwards, the tree falling from the impact as my back skidded against the ground. Stumbling as I stood, I ran but not as fast as the first time.

Becoming aware of the major disadvantage I was given, I didn't know if Max would let me go than kill me or catch me now while letting me die slowly. Limping, my side quickly became a drag as my side burned as hell.

"Can't go very far can you? Before you would go for miles, you have softened quite a lot haven't you." Whispered Max in the dark.

"Shut up!" I screamed. Why is he right? He always is, gets it dead on every time.

This time another voice spoke an inch to my right, "We're getting closer, run."

I screamed and ran like instructed, making sure I wasn't tripping over any fallen branches. Not thinking about my injured side and my torn neck, it didn't even bother me, my legs picked up pace. The sound of thunder with my paws every time my paw slammed against the earth floor, my ears pinned to the top of my head and my tail flew behind me like a parachute with my body inclining forward so my back was arched. Zooming through the forest like I lived through it my whole life, I leaped, dragged and flipped over the largest fallen trees. Forgetting about Max and Akshay, all I wanted was to run, run forever to a place where I could finally call my own with a new start of life where I was a nobody.

"Think you can lose us so easily?" Yelled Max, looking back I found both on my heels. They were WAY faster than I thought them to be, whipping my tail I picked up my pace.

Looking back again, I managed to lose Max but Akshay was bumper to bumper with me. Growling I did a sharp turn, he followed in pursuit. Cursing under my breathe, I grabbed hold of a boulder and dug my claws in as I brought myself around and did a U-turn, thinking that I lost him I was astonished as he did a back-flip off a tree as he spiraled right toward me. Diving to the side he skidded against a tree but quickly gained posture and bolted after me.

After awhile of running my legs were starting to ache, I wasn't suppose to be a runner maybe a fighter but I'm starting to reconsider that statement now. Starting to slack a little bit, I felt a little bite as Akshay nipped at my back leg. I realized that he could've caught me awhile ago but he hasn't, he's enjoying this as much as Max was. Thinking of something quickly, I just did what my aching muscles were begging me to do. I did a complete stop, my claws digging into the dirt. Akshay ran into me and flew foreword over my head. When he was going to do a body slam against the oak tree, he caught himself as his claws dug into the bark and held him there like a lizard. He watched me as he slithered down, I backed up, not able to muster anymore energy to run I shifted back. My chest rising and falling, Akshay shifted as well, he walked toward me.

He backed me up to a tree, sweat dripping down both our faces. There was a twinkle in his eyes, "You done yet?"

Suddenly I was pulled into the passenger seat as my wolf was sick of watching. Like lightning she snatched his neck, she looked up into his eyes, pure red was shown back at her.

"Hell no." She growled, and it wasn't my growl, she had a whole new growl all together that was more strong and dignified. She threw him to the ground, he did the weird worm thing as he flipped himself back up, putting up her fists Akshay did the same.

She threw the first blow, Akshay easily blocked it and countered as he flipped her over his back, but unluckily for him she knew how to approach it as she went between his legs and flipped him over. Grabbing his wrist she turned him over and threw him at a tree, she waited.

"You must be Scarlette Hemming's wolf." He stated pulling himself out, blood pouring on the side of his lip.

"How do you know?" She snarled, she didn't trust him.

"Well first Scarlette doesn't sound like that, second she doesn't fight like that either." He said like he was doing a first grade spelling-B.

Feeling her frustration towards him, she launched. Diving down to sweep his legs, he jumped out of the way but quickly returned as he pulled her hands behind her back. He bent down and whispered in her ear, "Look I don't want to fight, Max wants this, do you really want to abide to his wishes?"

She stomped on his foot when she head butted him against the nose, Akshay's nose now running with blood. He let go as my wolf shifted, obviously she didn't want the same thing happening again.

"I don't care what Max thinks, he killed Scar's and my family, I can never forgive him!" Akshay dived out of the way once more as she lunged. Doing a sick turn as she landed on the ground, her back bent a weird way and landed on his back, tearing his shirt off into strips as she sunk her teeth into his shoulder blade.

Akshay howled in agony and shifted, trying to shake her off, he found that a bad idea very quick as patches of timber fur flew everywhere. Digging her claws into his back he yowled in more pain as he tried scrapping her off. After a power struggle for 5 minutes, Max spoke from a distance. "Very disappointing Akshay, can't even throw her off!"

"Yes sir," Akshay nodded, my wolf bit down harder. Looking over Max was gone than a elephant weighted wolf leaped onto her back. Feeling Max's sharp fangs dig into either side of her jugular he lifted her up, her legs dangling off Akshay's back.

Max leaped down, Akshay yowled as the last of the claws was out of his flesh. Max through my wolf into a boulder, a large crack echoed back and forth and soon the rock split in half. I knew there was blood on the back of her head but she shifted into human form from the strong collision. Suddenly a black haze blocked our vision, when we opened our eyes again, we were strapped to a chair with my wolf still holding the reigns.

Max stood in front of her, "So Akshay was explaining to me that your Scarlette's wolf, it would explain the red eyes and the spunky attitude."

"Fuck off." She spit on his face, Max pressed something in his palm and the chair came to life as charges of electricity zapped through the leather belt straps.

"Wrong answer sweat heart." He stopped it, "Now do you want to try it again."

"Go to hell." The chair zapped again, she yanked at the leather straps but was unable to break it.

"You wont be getting out of there, those strings are from the cave of diamonds from the 2nd dimension. Worth less than a penny on earth but as strong as shit. I know, smells like leather, feels like leather but it's not leather. Sorry sweetie."

"Call me that again-" She spit on his shoe, "-I'll get more than your shoe."

He slashed her across the face with a purple goo dripping off the tips of the claws. She yelled as her face started disintegrating, well the wolverine slash Max gave her. He reached for something ontop of a desk, looking around we were probably in a abandoned warehouse.

Max walked back, a mechanical screw driver in his right hand, he sat the opposite way of the chair in front of us. He rested his forearm on the chair head and relaxed in the leather seat. He put the screwdriver next to the side of my jaw where it connected to my skull, sweat dripped from my wolfs face.

"Now like I said let's try that attitude again, other wise you'll get more than acid on your face." Pressing the screw deeper into her cheek bone, Akshay stood silent on the other side of Max.

"Screw you, you ass scented douchebag." She snarled, damn she's my idol.

Immediately a sharp pained expression appeared on her face but she bit her lip from the agony. The driver stopped, "Tough girl, but now you have a hole on the side of your head and I think your face is drooping a little bit."

She spit blood on his face, I could tell she was just acting tough but in reality she couldn't last another blow like that without being unconscience.

"Hey. Let me have control, you need to recover you won't be able to handle the next blow."

She silently agreed and switched spirits with me, I opened my eyes and immediately felt the burning sensation on the side of my cheek bone and the steaming marks of the acid that went through my skin and was sinking into my bone.

"Scarlette, welcome back. Your wolf couldn't take the pain?" I spit on the bloody driver.

Immediately he put it against my knee, "Sammantha had to deal with this too. The screw tearing through her knee as she wailed in pain. I wonder if you'll do the same?"

The driver dug into my flesh, blood flying everywhere. I was having a hard time not to scream as it dug deeper and deeper into my bone, I spit on Max's hand. He turned the screw driver on over drive, my wolf cried in my head.

'Hold on Scarlette!" She was scared for me, I wanted to laugh but the pain was tripled in an instant.

I roared and shook the chair, my eyes staring at the ceiling while they started shifting from white to red. I couldn't handle this, tears swelled down my face but they started burning as it ran down my skin. Max turned the machine off, "That good enough for you?"

I was still shaking and my eyes were still blood shot, my throat was sore. Out of nowhere a laugh was built up from my stomach and escaped from my broken face. My head swing down and my eyes faced with Max, they were still shifting between colors. He narrowed his eyes as I kept laughing, and couldn't stop. He shoved the machine through the inside part of my elbow and turned the screw on blast again, the pain was exploding but my laughter was growing and growing as the agony increased.

I didn't know what was wrong with me, and Max didn't know either. Finally Max had enough and slapped me across the face with his claws, but with no poison. However this time he went deeper as he stood to put more force into his attack, my head swung to the side and held there for a couple minutes. Suddenly something provoked me to smile so wide I thought my mouth was going to tear, turning my head foreword again.

A different voice spoke through my lips, but it sounded like me. "Is your temper tantrum done, go ahead take as long as you need." It quoted from Max, he realized this and took out two knives.

"Smile." Max said, I did. In a second he put each of the blades on the side of my mouth and ripped out, doing the Chelsea smile.

"Max you have a long way to go if you call this torcher." Said the different voice, suddenly a warm sensation ran down my face like waves, starting at the recent slap Max did and the edges of the Chelsea smile. "Do something where I can scream." Extending 'scream' as it sounded more seductive.

Akshay approached from his silent spot in the corner of the room and walked over to Max, "What is happening? The wounds are healing much too fast for a werewolf."

The thing was becoming more impatient, "Come on, what are you waiting for? Make me burn!"

"If that's what you want." He lit a match and threw it at me, I wanted to dive out of the way but remembered the chair holding me down.

As the fire caught to my clothing, I was set on fire but it didn't burn on the contrary I didn't even feel it. The leather straps melted and the chair burned as well, seeing that I was no longer held down I stood and stretched my legs. The fire expanding and reached to my hair, in a instant I lost control again but it wasn't my wolf it was that other thing.

It cracked her neck than extended her arm as she watched the flames take hold, "Was this your brilliant plan, Max? You saw my little trick before right, with the ribcage and the small intestine-" Akshay tensed, his face changed to shock like he saw a ghost. "This is another thing, I can do. She reached to her hand and traced it to her shoulder blade than kept going till she had a whole body suit effect going on.

The flames changed and soon steel like armor was covered across my body, almost like scales it covered over my stomach and went above my chest than stopped and looped the armor on my arms around my neck, than my legs was covered in comfy black pants with a belt that sagged down at the side with army boots covering my toes.

"So you can make clothing?" Max raised an eyebrow.

"This armor is from the ashes of a Phoenix, so I'm guessing you know what that means do you? You can't touch me without destroying my will." She started backing up, "Now gentleman, I'm going to go."

The expression that masked both the guys face was both anger and confusion since I was still up in flames, the thing noticed this and starting breathing in. The flames going into her mouth and down her throat, when the flame was completely distinguished I was back in control once more. Coughing, smoke came out from my air pipe and threw my nose, my nostrils burning. Breathing hard I touched my face, running into a broken car window, the reflection that stared back at me sent shocks through my body. My face was completely flawless, not a trace of the Chelsea smile, lifting my shirt the teeth mark Max gave me was gone as well not even a pink mark. Lastly I rubbed my head where somebody threw me into the boulder and not even a sore spot. In bewilderment I didn't know how to respond, it's like the flames healed me more than make me burn.

Turning the other way I ran into the rain. Thunder rumbled in the distance as lightning flashed, it hit a tree next to me and I shifted just in time to dive out of the way. The sky darkened and my noisy footsteps stepped through the puddles, looking back I noticed very distinct footsteps through the rain. Looking up, the leaves barley covered the earth. Jumping ontop of a tree branch I continued upward till I could make out the tops of the tallest trees. Leaping from branch to branch, my legs grew familiar of the feel and positions of the tree like I did when I was lived the first time. Actually I wasn't sure if I'm still alive or a zombie, shaking my head I tried to keep my mind zoned on reality. Sniffing the area the familiar stench of Max followed right behind me, picking up my pace I zipped through the trees my legs moving faster under me till I was a bullet in the night.

'Let them pass you.' My wolf instructed.

"How will that help, we're letting them catch up to us than."

'Trust me, if they go past us undetected than we can follow them back to their base.'

"How do you know they're going to go back to the base?"

'I don't but I think it's a risk we're going to take. If they know where Sam is than-'

"Hold it! What's this with Sam? She was killed and not coming b-"

'You really think Sam is weak enough to not take care of herself? Besides you honestly think that Ben would kill his daughter? If that was true, than why would he let you go when we met him the first time, we were a mess and less human than we are right now- hell we never left our wolf form!'

I hesitated for a little bit, the storm not getting any lighter, "Fine.. I'll do it but it better be worth it."

Stopping in my tracks, I made as little noise as I could, tearing off a branch silently from the tree; I threw it as far as I could to make a loud 'pop'. 15 seconds later I hear light footsteps touch the ground as Max and Akshay zoomed past, "She's not much farther now." One of them said.

Watching them with keen eyes, when the time was right I pounced after them in the cover of the trees. Tasting the wind to make sure to cover my tracks so they didn't detect my scent, in a short distance I caught up. They didn't speed up or slow down, why are they staying in the same place.

"Akshay take the right, I'll cover the left than we'll narrow in on her.We're not letting that bitch slip past us again!" Yelled Max, he was furious. Akshay nodded and took they're separate ways, stopping I didn't know who to follow, maybe if I just go straight I can pick them up again?

'Forget the base. We can pick them off now since they're alone!'

"Obviously you didn't see what happened the last time I tried picking a fight with the teenage one. My ass was owned, big time."

'Well I wasn't there the last time you two fought alone!' Groaning, I decided to follow Akshay.

Staying around 2 car lengths back I watched from a distance as his silver-timber coat reflected off the moons glow.

'When your ready..' My wolf was tense she wanted to tear something, anything apart right now. When the trunk of a tree blocked our view for only a second he disappeared, stopping I looked around aggressively, sniffing the area I found it completely empty. I wasn't meant for tracking, more of the kill on site wolf. Groaning I mentally cursed at myself.

'Where the hell did that little bastard go?' She was alarmed as well.

Suddenly something spoke from the darkness, "Right here." Something knocked me down, the wind knocked out of me.

Akshay smiled down at me, "Gotcha'"

"Let me go!" I growled.

"Or else what. You'll rip my tail off and shove it down my throat? Please that's classic." I snarled, he was just like Max, he knew what I was going to say before I opened my mouth.

"How did you disappear so fast, that's not wolffish." I squirmed, my wolf knew I could easily get out of this but I wanted some info from him first. My wolf was right, I didn't know shit about him and I'm following him around like a stray.

"That info is classified I'm afraid, wanna' try that again?"

I turned my paw around his front paw and kicked upward, Akshay flipped over me and slammed his back into the branch. I flipped myself ontop of him as he landed, I put a blade to his jugular. "Classified my ass. Now tell me what you are otherwise I'm going to take this pretty blade and stain it with your blood." Pressing it harder against his neck.

In a blur he was ontop again but he was in human form has his dark hair swooped past his face as he stared down. Placing his knee against my stomach, he stabilized his position so it wouldn't be so easy to throw him off like the first time.

He held the knife at my neck. "Now you tell me, what are you? Otherwise your shiny knife is going deep into your lungs and you won't get it back before your time runs out."

My wolf whistled, 'Damn I got to use that!'

"Bite me." I laughed, Akshay took the knife and cut a small portion of my neck. Immediately I felt the difference, it was as if I was a fish on dry land. He took his hand and placed it on my head as he was waiting or watching for something. After a couple minutes he let go of my face, "I wanted to watch the healing take place." He stated, as if I would understand what he meant when I didn't feel anything.

Gasping I realized that I could breathe again, looking me over Akshay frowned like he was disapproving of something. Taking the chance that he was distracted, I took the knife and used as much force as I could muster and turned the knife. Pushing him up to the bark, I dug the knife into his stomach and sliced down. He fell to his knees and collapsed, breathing hard I didn't realize till now how much force and energy I had to waste to do that. Taking the knife from Akshay's dead hand I leapt to another branch, looking back but I didn't feel satisfaction when I left him. Ignoring the feeling I went searching for Max, but still the dreadfulness wouldn't stop.

Finally I spotted him and lunged toward him, feeling my wolf fill up with excitement it sent adrenaline through my veins. "Max!"

He turned just in time to spot me before I raked my left claws across his face, he fell back and hit his head against the ground. Not giving him time to get up I appeared next to him as he was half way up and grabbed him by the scruff and threw him as far as my strength let me with a behemoth between my jaws. He landed 200 yards away, feeling slightly disappointed. In almost a blur he was in front of me and was ready to bite down on my neck but I dived out of the way, sliding across the ground I spun till I was facing Max again and dug my claws into the dirt as I pushed off. Leaving no second to spare, we clashed. My head slammed into his, blood flew everywhere as I felt his force push me back but I knew I couldn't let that happen. I brought my head down as Max was about to fall over, in a split second I head butted his rib cage as I hear the beautiful sound of breaking bones as his back hit a tree.

He shook as he stood, he was beyond reason at this point. He lunged this time for the kill as his teeth sunk into my neck in the soft spot under my jaw. Blood sprayed out my mouth as shock consumed my body, he slammed me into a tree but didn't let go as he kept running as one at a time, my legs grew numb and my body was on fire from the force of the trees. Max built up speed, I tryed focusing on what to do next but I could barley see what was in front of me. Max turned around, all I could see along the ground in my peripheral vision was the remains of the tree by the stumps. Starting at the first one he leapt ontop it than continued forward, gaining speed after each landing till I had to close my eyes because I was getting dizzy. Suddenly Max jumped off his last stump, spun in the air and threw me. My eyeballs burning from the wind as they refused to close, realizing I was still looking at the forest below me I stared up as the wind picked up and my fur ruffled in the wind. My body froze as I realize that I was headed straight for a mountain at an astonishing pace too, trying to bring my feet in front of me to catch me on the side of the rock but found it difficult to do.

"Come on, come on!" I screamed at myself, my heart pounding harder into my chest. My body froze in fear, "I'm not going to make it."

Closing my eyes I braced for impact but wasn't prepared to find a bone shattering force ripple through my body like radio waves going back and forth, I couldn't explain the pain that was placed there. Feeling my body fall down the side, rocks and rubble cut the flesh underneath my coat. My body was burning up, my legs felt useless and my head was hurting like hell. I was paralyzed, unable to move I continued to fall. Feeling a solid surface collide with my body I couldn't take it, my eyes opened and all I could see was the ground next to my face. I couldn't move my eyes, I wasn't able to locate my heart, everything was just frozen in time. The sky thundered above me, the rain washing away the blood that leaked through my open flesh-wounds. The ground shook I wasn't able to tell if it was a earthquake or something was walking toward me, my stomach sank as I spotted familiar brown fur. He approached me like I was a dead animal on the side of the road, he kicked me over and had my face dig into the mud.

"Let's go you bitch." He tied something around my neck, than around my muzzle. Breathing in his scent the smell of earth and death stung my nose, breathing it in I would've mistaken it as poison. He stood, I didn't realize till than that he was in human form to tie me till he shifted. Starting to walk my body dragged across the ground, leaving blood trails. Closing my eyes, I opened them back up to a yellow clearing, with white comets crossing the sky.

'Scarlette, you okay?!' My wolf ran toward me, but my energy felt drained I fell over, she caught me before I landed on the ground.

'Scar!' She screamed, my eyes stayed traced on the floor. She layed me across the ground, doing everything she could but I didn't respond. It was like everything was shutting down inside me, was I dying?

"Scar! Answer me!" My wolf screamed at me for the billionth time. What was wrong with me, answer back dammit! But my lips wasn't agreeing with me, almost in a frozen like state my eyes closed and I awoke still being dragged across the ground. The pain of running into a mountain still taking it's toll physically and mentally since I slammed my head first.

Looking up we were back into the area we fought in, I wanted to get up and fight back but my energy was drained. Suddenly something spoke inside me, *Did that ever stop you before?* almost as if it's words brought energy, I stood and attacked Max from behind.

Grabbing onto his shoulder blade I pulled back till there was a pop, he roared and raised his paw, leaving a huge claw slash across my chest. Looks like I was still too weak to fight, but at least I wounded Max. Taking another shot at him, this time I didn't let go as my fangs dug into his ribcage, he snarled and tried throwing me off. When he found the useless, he sunk his fangs down on the same spot as last time, feeling his teeth dig deeper into my flesh than last time. Closing my eyes I endured, a whimper coming out from my mouth as I refused to let go. When I had enough I brought my claws and sank them into his body as I pulled back, suddenly there was a snap and I was flown back. Something in between my jaws, suddenly realizing I had 3 of his 8 wolf ribs. I started gnawing at them as Max was screaming, he yanked the leash and I jerked forward. He shifted into his human form and yanked again but with more force, I flew in front of his feet. His hand reached down and clutched my neck and started squeezing, my air pipe increasing friction.

"Give me the 3 ribs or else I will throw you into that mountain until you learn your lesson!" Stay strong, I told myself.

"Bite me." I snarled, he shifted his hands above my hind legs and pulled down. My spine connected to his solid rock knees, blood sprayed into my mouth but I refused to let go. He dropped me to the ground, shouldn't I be dead? No, only humans die if you snap their back all we do is break ours.

There was a sound of metal unsheathing, something shiny was hovering over my eyeball, Max leaned next to my ear. "This is yours right? Crafty, I wonder how useful it is against you."

He put the blade against the base of my forehead and sliced to the left and traced over my face till it got to my chin, I let out a muffled scream as I kept my mouth shut. Max stopped but only for a split second as a searing pain went through my neck, my eyes widened in agony. My vision blurring out, in the distance I heard a scream.

"Sifu no!" My blurry eyes saw the fragment of a teenage boy running toward us. Max kicked my stomach, I lurched back, his boot connected with my stomach once more. I involuntarily shifted back, I was no longer wearing steel armor but a flimsy white t-shirt and jeans.

His ribs was still in my mouth, since I kept my wolf muzzle. Max lifted me up by the knife embedded deep into my neck that exited through the other end, he took my right arm and in a blur snapped it back. I left a blood curdling scream, but he didn't end it there he took another dagger from his back pocket and stabbed it in my knee cap. Throwing me on the ground, his foot stepped on the head of the blade, next he lifted the leg with the dagger stuck in my bode and sliced up through the bone and almost slicing the bottom part of my leg in half.

*Endure.*

'Hang on!'

Spoke my wolf and the other voice, they were both cheering me on. Shifting I pushed him off, standing up my whole body was burning, each cell in my body telling me that I couldn't handle it, that I should give up.

"Looks like you have a little fight in you don't you sweetie." He went on the offensive and dived toward me, doing a tornado kick as he spun and kicked me with his heel. I skidded back but refused to fall, he lunged again. Diving to the side, I barley missed it by a hair my breath was heavy and sucking in oxygen was too painful with the knife still embedded into my throat.

Suddenly Akshay jumped between us, he should be dead! My wolf was tense, she thought he was dead too. No wonder why my stomach was unsettling, it was telling me I didn't finish the job.

"Stand down Akshay."

"Max, enough. She'll be dead if you continue this,"

"I said, stand down!" Max roared.

"It won't do us any good if we're going to follow the plans through." Akshay pushed through with a calm and steady voice but Max drowned him out.

"I'll ask you one last time before I rip through your body to get to her. Stand aside!"

"Wait! Instead of trying to kill her, make her learn first. Make her fear you where she won't even dream of facing you, make her cower in your prescience." Akshay reasoned, I couldn't tell if he was trying to help me from being killed or fuel up Max's lust for control over me.

"Fine, I'll make her learn. Maybe I'll train her so she isn't such a disgrace the next time we face each other." And like that Max turned away without a claw raised.

Akshay turned and grabbed my face, staring deep into my eyes. "Relax, you don't need to push yourself any longer with the pain your in-"

My muscles loosened and the pain tripled since my adrenaline rush was over, my legs collapsed and Akshay caught me as my vision blurred out and everything was doubled.

He spoke softly. "You'll be okay now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 15.8K 54
*Warning - Contains 18+ Content* He holds my face firmly between two hands. "Sienna, I'm not going to have you for the first time one of Maren's gues...
27.7M 633K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
297K 6.3K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
1.6M 46.6K 54
My name. Well that's classified Know My history. Expect to die Disrespect me. The pain will thrive. After years of torture and abuse my heart we...