Beautiful Illusions (Chris Mo...

By houseofterror

After many years of being used by people that supposedly care about Chris, he gives up on dating. Well that i... More

Darkness In My Dreams
I Think I Lost Sense of Reality
My Fears Set Aside
Scared To Drift Away
A Few Days To Go
Let's Start the Plan
The Wow Effect
We Have to Stumble
It's Going to Hurt
And I Fall Apart
Life Goes On
A Lost and Fading Memory
What Do I Have Left?
Dreaming Once Again
It's Been A Lonely Year
It's the Emptiness I Fear
Coming to the Cold
Remember Me Forever
A Piece of Mind
I See Everything
When You're Cold...
I'll Keep You Warm
Lost Time, New Memories
The Darkness I Created
Hello Darkness, I Am Home
I Won't Lose You Again
Your Skin Like Winter
The Love of My Life
The Insider's Look (A/N)

What Will I Find?

2.2K 85 17
By houseofterror

Chris' p.o.v

I was freaking out on the way over to her house. One being that I thought she would find it really weird that I came there so she wouldn't even talk to me

Second, I thought she wouldn't be there or she would be asleep since it was about to be ten at night. Third, she told me to stay away and I didn't follow what she wanted.

Fourth, if she was there she'll tell me to leave. Fifth, the conversation would be as bad as yesterday's, maybe even worse.

And the list went on and on with worries and what if's. My mind was scattered to pieces, not knowing what to expect. I would try my best to keep myself together.

But I can't control the way she will react. I was hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

I only wish that she will give me the chance to explain to her all the things that I have done. It might not be a good reason but during that time the pain was controlling all I did.

And over the years, after years of pushing it in the back of my mind it took form in a different way. It turned to anger, it turned to hatred.

I was hopeless in my own mind. My heart could never hate her but my mind was the one that was focusing on that anger.

It had to be released, that when Puppets started. I chose the puppet because I fell victim to my own arrogance. I wasn't in charge of the situation.

The emotions and feels that I could not keep under wraps were the thing that drive me to this, drove me to feeling like a puppet because I lost her.

She walked away from me but that was slightly my fault to. She did say that she could stay here but I couldn't let her do that.

Since the moment that she told me that she would be leaving, I instantly knew that it would fall apart so I didn't try to make it work.

I gave up before even giving our relationship a chance. It was my fault, it was all my fault. She did nothing but went along with my stupidity.

When I got out of my car I could tell that she was home because the lights were on but when I knocked no one answered. I put my ear to the door and heard music was playing.

I thought that that was why she didn't answer the door because she couldn't hear. So I waited until there was paused and then knocked again, still nothing.

That's when I heard a door open but it wasn't the front door. It heard like it was coming from the back. I was hesitant on if I should head to the back.

But I went there away and when I called her name. She was sitting down on the chair looking off into the distant. I called her name again.

Either she was ignoring me or she wasn't paying attention to what was going on. The last time I called her name I think it registered in her mind that I was there.

She turned and met my eyes. She seemed surprise that I was there. My mind was telling me that I should get out of there but I saw that she had been crying and my heart was telling me to stay and try to make her feel better.

I sat down in the chair next to hers and started explaining myself. At first I thought she would reply to me in a smart yet we were having a conversation.

It was hard to say some of the things we talked about but they needed to be said, and she needed to hear those things. It was a big relief to having said those things.

It felt like we could now start working through things and finding common ground to help built back our friendship we both adored.

But I still feared that something deep within us change that would prevent us from being friends.

When we were younger we bonded over music and movies, though I still like most of those old movies, that doesn't mean that she still does.

I still hope that it could be the way it was before but I will be okay if it's not that way.

After our deep talk was over I noticed that she wasn't wearing something warm enough to keep her safe from the cold. It wasn't as freezing as it was yesterday but it was still pretty cold.

I took off my leather jacket and gave it to her, I still had a thinner hoodie underneath the BlackCraft Cult hoodie I was wearing.

She thanked me for it and we exchanged a few more words before she asked me if I would like to come inside since we both were starting to get cold.

It was awkward for a bit when we walked inside and the music was playing loudly. She turned it down though. Then she returned my jacket back to me and thanked me again.

I held onto it tightly in my hand, feeling the warmth of it come through the fabric.

She also said sorry that her house was a mess but I totally understood it. Moving is hard and unpacking is hard as well especially when you are stuck emotional turmoil.

"Sorry again for the mess, I wasn't expecting anyone to come," she looked down and I smiled.

It remembered me of the first time we met and she kept staring at the ground.

"It's okay, and I'm sorry for dropping in unexpectedly," I apologized.

"I don't mean to sound rude or anything but how did you find out where I live?"

"Jace," I answered and a moment of clarity flashed through her face.

"Of course, did he come and talk to you?" she asked as we stood in the middle of her living room.

"Yeah, somehow he found out what happened between us," I informed her.

"Did you tell him?"

"No," I shook my head. "He found out all by himself. It was like detective work for him."

"Well that's Jace for ya," she smiled and looked up at me.

I saw a small glimpse of happiness and true hope in her grey eyes as she said that. It filled me with hopefulness that things could look brighter for our friendship.

"Yeah I guess it is. For the few minutes that I talked to him, he seemed like a good guy."

"He is, he's kind of strange at times because it feels like he knows everything without really knowing it, if any of that made sense."

"It does. I did think it was strange that he could put all of those small clues together without even knowing the entire story."

"It's just the way his mind works, it's marvelous," she complimented him and I agreed. Even though I haven't read his books by what I saw, he did seem like a genius. I would definitely have to check his book.

"So, um," I slurred not really knowing where I was going with it.

I knew that I did want to see her again to talk through some things because I knew that we still had a lot to talk about but this next time I just wanted to catch up and talk to see where we stand.

"Are you busy tomorrow? Maybe we could just hand out and talk," I asked, hoping that I wouldn't be rejected.

"Would it be in the morning or in the afternoon?" she asked.

"Whichever is best for you, I'm off for the entire month. I'm working on a few things but nothing that will consume my time."

"Well, I'm going to help my brother out with some homework in the afternoon so the morning will be fine."

Little brother? Since when did she have a little brother? I wanted to sink into the ground because I think it just hit me how much I didn't know about her know.

"Okay, the morning will be great," I said before I remembered about the winter storm that was supposed to be hitting Scranton hard.

"How would that work with the weather, I don't want to endanger you."

"We'll just see how it is and we'll work from there," she said and I agreed.

"Great, I guess I should give you my phone number," she said as she picked up a yellow notepad from the coffee table beside her and grabbed a pen out of her pocket.

It reminded me of Jace for a moment there where he just randomly popped out a pen.

I guess it's not that weird but I don't carry around pens, maybe I'm just Chris. I do had some sharpies in my car for some reason, would those be under the same category?

(Random A/N: I carry around my favorite pen because I have an obsession with pens. So yeah...)

She tore off the piece of paper and handed it to me. I smiled and stared at the number before I smiled up at her. She blushed and dropped the notepad on the coffee table.

"I'll save it on my phone and I'll call you in the morning."

I carefully placed the piece of paper within the pocket of my hoodie, along with my phone and car keys.

"Great," she looked up at me, trying to hold back her smile and fought off the blush but it was still there.

My stomach turned to knots standing there with her. It felt weird having this feeling because I haven't felt it in so long so it was strange to me.

It was unknown yet so familiar.

"So, I guess I will leave now, I don't want to intruded," I said with a wobbling voice.

"Okay, I'll, um, show you the way out," she said in the same tone as mine and I waited for her to show me the way out. She walked down the living room and throw a hallways before facing the front door.

She unlocked the front and stepped aside to let me out and I walked through the front door but after I stepped back into the cold, I toward around to face Victoria.

"Goodnight Tori," my voice said.

It made her smile, that same smile that I adored. That same smile that captured my heart.

What am I talking about?

"Goodnight Chris," she said.

My mind was at a blur now. I turned around and got inside my car and set the jacket in the passenger seat.

My heart clenched in my chest. The feeling was so different. It was strange.

It was mind bottling but I tried to think through it to see what I ca get out of it but it was only confusing.

I drove off with my mind still thinking about the butterflies in my stomach. I didn't know what to make of it.

What could it be? Maybe I'm just happy that we're starting to gain back our friendship, or was it much deeper than that?

Did I still have feelings for her? It was too early to tell but there was something there.

So many factors had to be counted for.

Will it work out knowing that we've hurt each other in the past? Would a relationship even work out? What about Jace? Are they together?

By the way he speaks of her and how she speaks of him, it was like they were in a relationship.

There were so many thoughts running around in my head right now and I knew that they would keep me up at night.

Author's Note: It's short, I know, it's mainly just a filler chapter but I wanted to ask you guys a question.

I was thinking about maybe at the end of the last chapter, this is not the last chapter, I could add an insider look on what it was like writing this story.

Post something that you might not have caught on to, how I came up with this, etc.

And if you guys have any questions you can comment or message me and I will answer them in the last chapter.

I thought it was a cool idea so if you could like that comment telling me you would like that, if not I won't put my time in something that many don't care about. So yeah thanks you guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 7.6K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
16.7M 645K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
911K 20.8K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
3.2K 59 22
My friend will hate that this is a y/n but idc HA This fan fic is a Peter Parker x reader Peter and y/n have been best friends since 3rd grade and h...