the boy in the rain ✘ seungji...

By sunshineseungminnie

When an introverted boy meets the boy in the rain. "Who knew that only you could make me feel alive?" - Seun... More

하나
다섯
여섯
일곱
여덟
아홉
열하나
열둘
열셋
열넷
열다섯
열여섯
十一
summarisation
十二
十三
十四
十五
十六
十七
十八
十九
二十
二十一
二十二 END.

5.6K 319 209
By sunshineseungminnie

Sunshineyoungmin
180831 | 00:09

"Thanks... i... i appreciate it."

I felt uneasy. Really uneasy. Why would Hyunjin, the best friend of my bully wants to be friends with me? It must be  a way to trap me in their evil plans. I have... No I must stay away from him.

외로운

Seungmin woke up early to go to school on time. That way he didn't had to face the bullies in the early morning. He woke up at 5 am and left his home at 7 so he would arrive there around 7:30.

"Aren't you tired?" Seungmin wandered trough the kitchen to prepare his breakfast until his father appeared out of nowhere. The latter shook his head and went ahead to continue his ongoing morning routine.

"I'm used to it dad." He simply replied.

His father had tried to lead him to talk about his school life but Seungmin didn't wanted his parents to worry about him. He told him he was having fun and that he was enjoying his time but in reality, he hated it so much he preferred death over going there.

After breakfast he went to the bathroom. He placed his glasses on the sink as the water splashed over his face. The sound of the water hitting the glass sink was the only thing that was be heard.

I hope today won't be such a bad day.

지친

He took his time to walk to school. With earbuds in that blasted music in his ear, he comfortably walked. Seungmin loved being early, that meant no one could bully him in the morning.

7:28.

His first class was history. He wasn't to exited for it since that meant he had to work with Hyunjin, the boy he tried to avoid for the last couple of days.

He entered the class and inhaled the fresh air that traveled trough window to window.

He sat down in his usual chair in the front. He threw his bag on the ground and placed his head gently on the table, closing his eyes tightly.

He rubbed his face gently but yelped in pain when he accidentally scratches his huge scar on his face when he raised his glasses.

Crap...

It started to bleed pretty heavily. He cursed silently for not bringing band aids with him like he usually does.

The door of the classroom slammed open with a big slam. Seungmin jumped in surprise, he could swear that the door made a huge print in the wall.

"Why are you here so early?" The familiar voice made Seungmin turn away quickly. He placed his hand in front of his bleeding scar as his eyes focussed outside.

"Aye, Seungmin?" Hyunjin walked over to his desk and sat down next to him. He faced the latter and gave a smile. "What's up?" He reached for his hand and removed it from his face and widened his eyes when he saw the amount of blood dripping down his face.

"Wow what happened there?"

A silence followed.

"Stand up and follow me."

Seungmin looked at the male that walked out of the classroom and basically had no other decision than following him.

The hallways were empty, luckily. He heard the loud footsteps of the taller male. Hyunjin stopped infront of the toilets and signaled that Seungmin had to go inside.

He was afraid. What is he going to do? Is this a trap. So many questions ran around his head.

"Aren't you coming?" His voice was rather demanding. It was scary for some reason.

Seungmin gave a nod and took a step inside the toilets. He never went here since it's the perfect spot to get a beat.

"Look at me." Hyunjin pushed the boy against the brick wall. Seungmin almost yelled at loud since there were a lot of bruises that were far from healing on that spot.

Seungmin gulped loudly, his eyes couldnt focus.

"Hey," Hyunjin said loudly. "Why are you so stressed? God just look at me will you."

Their eyes met.

Hyunjin took some toilet paper and turned the sink on so the paper was nicely soaked with water. "Let me clean that up for you."

Wait. I'm not getting a slap or anything?

Hyunjin gently dabbed the wet cloth on the wound. "How did he even did this?"

Seungmin hasn't said anything for the past 5 minutes, just because he was afraid that something may happen if he did. "K-knife..."

"A knife? Is that guy crazy." Hyunjin started to mumble some stuff including things that he wanted to kill Felix and that he wants to teach him a lesson or something.

"W-why...?"

"What?"

Seungmin gulped. "W-why are you d-doing this...? J-just leave me. Nothing is g-going to change anyways..."

Hyunjin sighed in frustration. "I told you, don't worry about and besides I made it clear that I'm going to protect you from now on."

"D-don't..." His voice was so soft that he wasn't even sure what he said.

The bell rang loudly. The stress kept towering up. Swung,in felt uneasy with the thought that someone might see him soon. His face was a mess, everything about him was a mess.

Hyunjin grabbed something out of his pocket and handed it to the boy. He reached for Seungmins hand and slammed the band aid on his palm. "Stick this on your face." He said before walking out of the bathroom.

W...why is he so nice to me?

He stopped at the door for a minute before saying: "let's meet up after school."

Seungmin was almost 1000% sure that it's just a trap. His guts just told him. He gave a nod but wasn't sure if he was actually meaning it. The Raven boy disappeared out of his sight and there he was. Tears were on the urge to fall on his cheeks and he had absolutely no idea why.

He felt somehow in danger and he just couldn't take it anymore. Seungmin was early this year diagnosed with depression and having to deal with this all wasn't good for his mental state.

When he told people about it they left him without any good reason. You're just weak. Was the sentence that kept getting stuck in his head because is he really?

He wiped the tears that managed to escape away with his sleeve and stood up when he heard the door open.

But a sudden question popped inside his head. Why was Hyunjin so early today? Wasn't he known for being late or just right on time?

The day went by like a speeding car. Seungmin anxiously tapped the pen against his textbook, preventing everyone noticing the sound.

The bel rang. everyone cheered since that meant that they can go home but Seungmin was silence as he looked around. The teacher kept talking even though the students were already packing to leave.

"Read pages 67 and 77. Make sure to finish the homework."

No one bothered to listen but Seungmin was the only one who makes it anyways. His other classmates often copy the day they have to hand it in so they didn't bothered to open the book in the first place.

He was slow, so slow that the teacher already left.

He stared at the pile of papers infront of him. He has so much to do, from homework to the project.

Seungmin took a peek outside the window and noticed the clouds turning into a dark mess and that only meant one thing: rain.

He hated rain.

Somehow for some reason things get worst when it's raining. It was kind of a sign of bad luck for him.

"Student," a heavy voice called for him. "You have to leave the class room. I need to clean up."

Seungmin quickly nodded and threw all his stuff inside his back pack, dashing out of the classroom. His head was hanging low to let others know that he was weak. Even though no one was in the hallways anymore, he still did it out of instinct.

He explored the place the moment he stepped out of the building. It was quite, almost to the point it was unusual.

Seungmin already saw the raindrops on his glasses. He wiped them away but it didn't helped at all.

"Like usual." His luck wasn't really by his side today,, or ever.

Soon his hair was soaked with the disgusting rain. He sighed and continued walking.

He suddenly forgot about Hyunjin or Felix like this was already to much for him.

Seungmin rubbed the rain out his eyes.

Soon the cold rain drops didn't seemed to fall on his bare skin anymore. He rubbed the drops that fell on his lashes and looked up from his spot just to see Hyunjin with an umbrella that covered both of them.

"What are you doing in the rain?" His voice somehow showed concern.

"H-home..." he managed to get out. Seungmin gulped loudly as he tried to avoid everything including eyecontact. He kept his head low and tried to take a step.

Hyunjin pulled the latter against him when he wanted to continue walk. "Where are you going? We need to finish our history project."

H-hes going to help?

"O-oh... s-sorry."

"What are you even apologising for? Let's go to the library before the storm starts."

어색한

"Hey," Hyunjin waved his hand in front of his face. "Focus will you?"

Seungmin bit his bottom lip and stared at his soaked paper. Water drops fell out of his hair, landing on whatever was in front of him.

"S-sorry."

"Don't apologise for everything." Hyunjin tone was sharp and somehow demanding.

Seungmin didn't moved at all. He was cold, he was shivering.

Hyunjin didn't seemed to notice nor seemed to care to much.

"What about this?" Hyunjin shove a piece of paper in front of the latter. "I made something in class when you were gone to wherever."

Seungmin looked at the paper and was slightly impressed by the detailed work. "I-it's good..."

"You don't sounds so sure," Hyunjin chuckled. "If I need to change-"

"N-no..."

"What is it then?" The boy asked confused.

"W-why..." Seungmin gulped loudly as his eyes glued to the table. "Why would y-you help me?"

"Because this is our project."

"A-and..." a short silence followed. "Why were y-you so early today?"

Hyunjin looked puzzled. He threw his body back in the chair and shrugged his shoulders. "Just because."

I wanted to make sure you're okay.

Hyunjin grabbed the paper back and clenched it tightly. "Then, I will finish the presentation and I will send you the rest."

Seungmin was... shocked and was feeling unfamiliar with the feeling that he almost had nothing to do for a project.

"T-thank... I... I... appreciate it..."

Seungmin smiled. It was a smile that showed appreciation and thankfulness.

"No problem. Make sure to not overwork yourself." He stood up and didn't looked back as he walked away.

Fin.

Yall I first disliked the plot for some reason but I kind of like it now~ if you see I'm updating more because idk I enjoy writing this lewl

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Xxx Sunshineyoungmin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 151 23
By chance Lee Know met Hyunjin on Instagram. They became best friends but both boys had feelings for each other.
30.8K 1.4K 41
{𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐} "𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙅𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙚" "𝘾𝙖𝙣 𝙄 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪?" When they met and learned about each other, everythi...
26.1K 881 46
"you saved me" Minho said looking into Han's eyes. The introverted boy with social anxiety meets the carefree popular boy who secretly suffers from t...
215K 6.2K 30
stray kids ||changbin|| [COMPLETED] he needed a reason to smile