The Royal Thrive (Completed)

By TwoPolarOpposites

Walking pass these beautifully painted and carved palace walls, the sounds of her high heels clacking against... More

The Royal Thrive
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 1 - The Beginning
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 2 - The Royal Palace
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 3 - Naomi and Anna
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 4 - Prince Nathan and his ego
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 5 - A Mother's Rant
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 6 - Revenge? I've never been so scared
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 7 - The other prince?
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 8 - The anti-social ghost
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 9 - I believe people call it...Telekinesis.
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 10 - Noah's helping hand
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 11- Nathan the bipolar
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 12 - Evil calculation
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 13 - A holiday together
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 14 - Disaster
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 15 - Empty threats
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 16 - The punishment death
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 17 - Worthiness of love
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 18 - A Foreseeable Danger
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 19 - My mate
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 20 - Giving up
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 21 - Betrayed
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 22 - Ascend to power
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 23 - Declaration of Solipsism
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 24 - Defend or Offend
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 25 - My friends
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 26 - To love and be loved
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 27 - Reminiscing the past
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 28 - Jealousy
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 29 - Overtaking Danger
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 30 - Bloodline
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 31 - Guilt
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 32 - Deep in the heart
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 33 - First Attack
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 34 - Cruelty
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 35 - Confused Hearts
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 36 - Two paths
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 37 - Shattered
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 38 - Something and Someone
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 39 - Confessions
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 40 - Our fault
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 42 - The End
The Royal Thrive - Epilogue
The Royal Thrive - Extra Chapter

The Royal Thrive - Chapter 41 - Conflict

3.4K 138 5
By TwoPolarOpposites

Two more chapters till the end of this story! 

I'm sorry for the huge lack of updates! I've been so busy! Yet please understand, I am always thinking about my works. So I won't leave what I haven't finished. 

Enjoy this chapter! It's a lot of drama! 

P.S. I haven't spell checked this or anything so .... I will eventually XD 

P.P.S. I looked back, Queen Elise's previous name was Zoe oops, let's keep it at Elise. I like that name better XD Sorry... I couldn't remember it before! That's what happens when you grow old... 

....

“You’re the girl, who caused a scene in the party for slapping Nathan. I never thought you’d grow into such a fine lady and becoming Noah’s mate.” Chuckling to himself, myself and Nathan found no humour to it, just staggered the fact he is laughing at what he finds amusing when the future of the werewolf society is on the bleak of destruction. “What the hell is this?” Probably pulling the most disrespectful in history to a king, but the unspeakable feelings brewing inside me is getting the most of me. To him this may all just be his deed to his wife but to us, it is life changing.

The queen who poisoned him kept him held in the palace originally but thanks to Anna’s persuasion she managed to get King Nicholas here at a very early stage, tendering him back to health.

So it seemed like Anna already knew that if she had followed Irene's orders, nothing good will come out of it; she too had not only herself to look after but her pack as well. With Nicholas in her hands, it was easy to threaten Irene if she needed to - yet who knew it is us today who will be reaping what she sowed. 

However, this man right here… “I’m not going back to the palace with you Nathan” “Father!” Attempting to argue Nicholas took none of it; he didn’t want to hear anything to do with the kingdom. He’s running away from the problem; completely.

“I don’t want to hurt anyone anymore. I owe your mother Nathan, and I will give her what she wants” Turning his back on us me and Nathan could only share a shocked glance at each other - he says he owe his wife. So he rather owe the rest of the werewolf kingdom?! Not only that… he owes me. A lot.

“Damien Dalton, do you remember him?” Nicholas froze, his entire body seemed to have been completely stuck - his eyes widen beyond belief, his eyes search mine for an answer to why did I mention that name. “I knew it. Those eyes of yours” In a small mutter, I gave him a small smile, “Indeed I am his daughter. I also know the reason why I survived” - “Damien’s… daughter. Did you come back for revenge?” Immediately glaring at me, seeing me as a threat I continue to look at him in the eye.

“You slaughtered my entire pack because you thought we would overthrow you, yet my father didn’t see you as a threat but a close threat. You betrayed him”

Nicholas frowns, appearing to be slightly uncomfortable that I had brought up the past - “I… made a lot of mistakes in my life. I took a irrational act after hearing the minister’s foreseeing as the elder wolf…” “You said you owe Irene a lot, but don’t you also owe my father and my pack a lot?” In silence Nicholas starts to walk towards the window, his eyes linger into the distance as if he’s remembering something in the past.

“When she was dying, with the newborn Noah next to her, she laid down onto my lap. With shallow breaths she said: “I’m sorry, that I cannot raise our child together. The future will be painful after I die but for our child you must live - I want you to be happy so I will ask of you to ensure your happiness to not push Lucy away and continue to be with her.

Her love for you is just as great as mine, and after today the both of you will have no one but each other. I hope that, together you two can live till the end of your lives. Lucy had been through a lot, and it was us that couldn’t make her as happy as she can ever be. Therefore, I hope that no matter what, you can overlook whatever she does.” 

Reciting the late queen’s words, Nathan beside me looks down at the floor. So his reason for not fighting back is because he promised his beloved to never hurt Lucy, it’s because he promised himself that he was the one who took away Lucy’s route to happiness. 

“So do you understand now? I can only repent for my sins by allowing what she thinks will make her happy” “Lucy. She’s not Lucy anymore. she’s Irene” Alarmed Nicholas quickly turn to me, “She changed her name to Irene, so she is no longer the Lucy you’re trying to protect. You only promised to protect Lucy, not Irene.” “That’s right father, you need to come back with us and stop her.” Nicholas hesitates, and in this moment of doubt I slowly bend down on my knees. “Raine?” Nathan questioned as I held my head down. 

“Too many people have died, I promised them and myself that I will put a stop to this. I’m not begging you anymore as just a member of this society, I’m begging you as the daughter of Damien Dalton, as the remaining survivor as the Northern Moon pack and as this kingdom’s crown princess.” 

Closing my eyes with sincerity, Nicholas starts to suddenly chuckle. “You remind me of Damien, he was the type of guy who would also bow down to show his sincerity to protect the things he wanted to.” With a short pause Nicholas's shadow hovered over me, I look up to see his eyes staring right into mine.

“I can see Damien within you, those eyes, so clear and truthful. In this cruel world, to remain so clear and truthful is hard. I never had given a chance to Damien and regretted not doing so - perhaps if I could put my will and trust in you could you show me and the rest of the kingdom that I was wrong.”

Grabbing onto my left hand he help me up on my feet with a gentle smile - “Let’s head back to the palace.” Deciding on his final answer, Nathan and I looked at each other with relief as Nathan reached out to hug his father, whom he returned with a pat on the back. 

From this point their family may be shattered, but, their bonds will still remain. 

After today we will end this torturous road - this feeling of being able to avenge for my friends and family is beyond any emotion I’ve felt so far. 

“I knew it, I knew that bitch Anna would betray me.”

Glaring down at us Irene sits on her throne, the palace had been fully surrounded by the Lunar Moon and Southern Moon Pack. Along with my own, making Irene’s cult group and her imperial army less than capable of taking us out. Nicholas stands in front of us “Enough now Irene, it’s over” A pain flashes through her eyes but in an instant it disappear, “So now you no longer want me? You told me you’d stay with me till the end”

“I did, and I will. Me and you will face our punishment for our sins together”

Slamming her palm against the throne her eyes flare with anger. “I committed no sins! If it wasn’t that bitch over there who wrecked all of my plans!” Pointing towards me I knew exactly why she held a grudge against me, she despised me for appearing at the ball, for being Noah’s mate and most of all, turning everyone against her.

“Nathan was the only one who was meant to be on the throne. Yet you hurt me by sending Noah and Nathan, at that moment I knew you didn’t want our son to succeed” “I didn’t betray you! At that moment Nathan was not suited for the throne! I only sent Noah to the Northern Moon Pack because he was so anti-social. He too is my son! I wanted him to be happy too!” Arguing I held onto Noah’s hand, he may be strong but he is still sensitive. He tightly returned my hold giving me a small smile we continue to hear what Irene has to say. 

Tension starts to rise when Irene starts to suddenly laugh, standing up from her throne she quickly shoots a glare at us. “Do you really think you can drag me down like this?” “Your crimes had been spread across the entire kingdom, no one will support you anymore.” Nathan announced, “Nathan… you’re doing this to me?” Her voice cracks in pain, but it wasn’t just her who is in pain, Nathan had also been through a lot to point his mother out like this.

“I just want to save you, mother”

“I don’t need any one of you to save me! I done nothing wrong! I am only taking what should be mine! Why does everything have to be taken away from me?! First is Nicholas, then my mate, now its my son and my throne? No! I won’t allow this!”

Yelling at each and one of us, the pain and anger inside her struck through every single one of us. 

She resented those who made her suffer. 

“I’m… I’m going to kill every single one of you!” Slowly transforming into her wolf, everyone becomes on guard as she launch herself into the air. The group disperse surrounding her as the pack slowly rushes in to corner her. Irene in the middle stands by herself.

“Lucy… you can’t win” Nicholas called out whilst Irene growled at him - but he slowly steps out. “Father!” Noah and Nathan both called out knowing Irene is currently dangerous but Nicholas chose to ignore their calls - “Please, don’t hurt yourself anymore.” He begged reaching out his arms towards Irene, but she quickly shoves him aside in a very high speed. 

Her target is us.

“RAINE!” 

Noah pushed me aside whilst Nathan jump in front of Noah to cover the two of us, yet the most unexpected happened to be that Irene became so heartless she clawed Nathan’s chest flinging him aside.

“Nathan!”

Growling Irene looks behind as Nicholas who is restraining her with his own powers, she cannot move, as if something is stopping her. “Lucy. Enough is enough” He frowned but Irene didn’t give up she manage to break out of her restrain yet no longer interested in killing me or Noah, she lunges for Nicholas. 

However, with a smile, Nicholas appeared to accept whatever will happen to him - yet failing to notice his intentions Irene bite down onto Nicholas’s neck.

“You majesty!”

“Father!”

Everyone yelled out as Nicholas weakly reach his arms and sneaking them around Irene he pats her head. Tears starts to stream down from her eyes, “You can take out all of your anger on me. I can take on all of your hatred.” “Nicholas…” She muttered as she slowly transformed back into her human form, her tears are even more visible. “Someone get help!” She screamed with Nicholas panting heavily in her arms. 

The royal guards all began to separate the two, Irene continued to cry as she watch Nicholas’s body being taken to care. “Everything… came to an end didn’t it?” Noah asked me, “Yeah. Finally.” Watching Irene taken away, I quickly run over to Nathan - his wounds aren’t deep just merely scratches. 

“She didn’t mean to hurt me at all…” Muttering to himself, Noah pats him on the back whilst trying to crack a smile. 

Please leave a vote and a comment! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165 23 15
"I would like to say I'm sorry; I haven't been the best version of myself. I am sorry for my inability to communicate effectively, and I know these p...
59.4K 1.8K 20
// Completed // "Well your ladyship," Next Alpha Leon took a step closer to me, I felt the wall suddenly on my backside, "you belong to us." "Pardon...
566 7 31
When Rox's father left she had no idea why, or what she had done at the age of 5 for him to not care. After her new neighbors moved in next door her...
86 6 50
𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐈𝐍│𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 "Does that mean...", I hesitate to continue, looking down at my hands, too embarrassed to look him in the eyes fo...