The Lion and the Leopard

By MissFirefly227

Leo Lung and Tai Lung were best brothers growing up. They trained together, competing for who could be the be... More

The Prologue
Betrayal
Gone
Sneaking Out
Chor Ghom Prison
Holding Grudges
Meditation
Bao Gu Orphanage
Prodigal's Son
Midnight Training
A Special Birthday
Field of Fiery Death
Training Methods
The Blizzard
The Furious Five
Dreamers
Mission Possible
The Battle of Weeping River
Oogway's Vision
The Dragon Warrior
Behold, Tai Lung
Level Zero
Dorm Rooms
Jailbreak
Painful Lessons
Memories
Ascension
The Pool of Sacred Tears
The Coalition
Dumplings
Making of a Warrior
The Lung Brothers
The Spirit Realm
Forgiveness
Epilogue

War in the Making

5.8K 129 2
By MissFirefly227

After a user suggestion and a great deal of thinking, I have decided to implement a new part into this story. I hope you all enjoy it.

.

.

.

Leo Lung slowly crested the mountain top, his mane ruffled and his eyes unfocused. As he left Chorh-Gom prison, he felt his heart longing for his brother. He could feel it. How could Tai Lung, the passionate, ambitious brother that Leo loved and respected, destroy the Valley and ruin Shifu, Oogway, and Leo's life?

The lion hated thinking on the issue. The more he thought about it, the deeper he fell into sadness and anger. Leo kept on brooding in silence. As he slowly descended into the valley of another mountain, he glanced upwards.

He had reached the goat farm he had passed on his way there. The asiatic lion slowly edged towards the end of the farm. But the young kid bleated out and Leo had attention unwillingly drawn to him.

Leo temporarily tried to hide his anger and sadness and put on a blank face. The family had kindly offered him some more food and a place to stay for the night, but he polite declined their offer. Leo knew that he was upset, and he feared that he would unintentionally lash out at the family. He would not want to strike fear in their hearts. He was already the brother of a criminal. No need to become one.

Soon enough, Leo began to climb a few more mountains when he heard a deep rumbling sound reverberating throughout the mountain range. The ground trembled beneath his paws. Leo glanced around, wondering what caused such an event. He saw a rocky outcrop and quickly scaled it.

From his new perch, Leo glanced about, searching for the cause of the ground trembling. Was there an earthquake? Then, over the peak of another mountain, he saw it. A storm. A storm of monstrous proportions. Lightning struck from the clouds- a white flash of angry claws swiping towards the ground, disappearing as fast as it appeared.

The lion frowned. If he was to evade such a storm, he would have to make haste back to the security of the Jade Palace. Leo gathered his small bag of items- which was reduced to a change of clothes at this point, and began trotting on all fours. He would hate to get caught in a storm like that. Leo continued back towards the Valley of Peace. The thoughts of warm cots, how happy Shifu and Oogway and the rest of the Jade Palace would be to see him, and the intensity yet joy in training kept him at a steady pace.

But the wind picked up. Leo glanced behind him and groaned in frustration. The storm was right behind him. The ground occasionally rumbled, and he could sometimes see the flashes of lightning light up shadows of rocks and branches. Leo stood back on his hind legs and picked up the pace to a jog. As Leo rounded a side of a large mountain, he saw something.

It was the cave. The cave he slept in on his first night. A sigh escaped Leo's lips. The lion ran full speed to the shelter. He leapt into the cave just as the storm hit. Leo turned and looked behind him. The violent winds blew rain into the cave, and Leo backed up. He hit the wall of the cave, and he frowned. {This is a big storm} He thought to himself {I'll meditate..When I am finished, the storm will be passed and I shall return home..}

.

.

Leo Lung had barely begun to meditate. He knew just enough about meditation to be able to calm his mind and quiet his spirit. Leo, while he was mild-mannered, was never a fan of meditation in his younger years. He always preferred to be doing something- whether it be training, hiking, or even eating.

However, whenever the asian lion did meditate, he hated being interrupted. Sudden shouts caused the lion to cringe, pin his ears to his head, and open his eyes. In the distance, out of his mountain cave, Leo spotted red lights. They looked to be torches of red fire. There were many of them, and they were moved quickly.

Leo stood up, shaking out his growing mane, and walked to the mouth of the cave. The sun was just beginning to set, but Leo could clearly see there were many creatures whatever they were. Some were carrying weapons, others carrying torches. But what caught Leo's attention was not the weapons, it was who led the brigade.

The lion could recognize that white peacock anywhere. Leo remembered hearing about the coronation of the peacock chick in Gongmen City. The white peacock chick. That had to be Lord Shen. But where was he going? And was he taking that army? Was he going to attack a village or a city?

The urge to follow them, to see where they were headed, was strong. But Leo couldn't. Something was not right. Something told Leo Lung that Shen was up to no good. He had to go to Gongmen City.

...

The journey was not hard or arduous. Just long. Nearly three days had passed since Leo had run out of his cave to the harbor city. He did not make any stops to rest either. His muscles, even though they were used to hard training, were not used to the seemingly endless journey. Leo ran on all fours, his legs pounding and the wind whistling past his ears.

When Leo saw the glint of the buildings, and the Peacock Tower jutting out of the ground like a staff, his energy was revitalized and joy filled his veins. His aching paws thudded against the ground. Eventually, grass, dirt and gravel turned into hard stone roads. Villagers, including sheep, duck, pig, and rabbit, all wandered through the streets. Some greeted him cheerily, but Leo had no time to chat idly. He had to tell Lord and Lady Peacock of what their son was doing.

When Leo Lung finally arrived to the large front doors of the Palace, ten antelope guards awaited him. Leo skidded to a stop, heaving and wheezing for breath. After a few minutes, he caught his breath. The head of the guards, a darker antelope with large, curved horns, patiently waited for him to speak.

"I am..." Should he call himself a Master? After he ran away from home? "Leo Lung. I come from the Jade Palace. I need to talk with Lord and Lady Peacock. It is about their son, Shen."

"You have intel on Shen's whereabouts? He has been missing for nearly six days. You may enter!" The guard said. Leo's eyes widened slightly but he only nodded subtly.

The large wooden doors were pried open and a guard rushed ahead to alert the Peacocks of their visitor. Two more guards escorted Leo Lung through the palace and up the grand staircase to the Throne Room.

...

Leo Lung stood before the couple. He had told them that he saw Lord Shen with an army of wolves, ready and equipped with torches, swords, war hammers and other weapons.

"It can't be true! It simply can not!" Lady Peacock said, her eyes wide. Lady Peacock's beautiful purple feathers were ruffled. Her crimson eyes were glistening with tears. Her husband, Lord Peacock, stared sadly at her before turning his gaze angrily to the asian lion.

"The Soothsayer has foretold that a black and white warrior shall defeat Shen, but I simply do not believe this. You have not any evidence but your eyes." Lord Peacock declared, standing tall and proud.

"But, my lord, you should not cast away my warning simply out of emotions. What if your son was leaving to destroy a village of pandas? Pandas are black and white, and I am assuming that he wants to change his fate." Leo Lung tried to reason.

"SILENCE!" Lord Peacock crowed. Leo crouched, his gaze averting to the floor. The peafowl continued, "You say you have whereabouts on my son, but you come here only to stain our good name? How dare you?!" Lord Peacock's tail feathers were unfurled, a shock of blue and green.

At that moment, another individual ascended up the stairs and entered the throne room. Lord and Lady Peacock's gaze moved past Leo. The lion turned to see...him. It was none other than the heir to the throne himself: Shen.

"Shen!" Lady Peacock cried, rushing to embrace her son, who had been missing for almost a week. But, instead of hugging her back, Shen only stood in place, breathing heavily. His intense, red eyes stared forward, at his father. A small smirk creased his beak.

"My son, where have you been?" Lord Peacock inquired.

"I did it.." He rasped, a small chuckle ending his sentence, "I changed my fate!"

Lord and Lady Peacock glanced at Leo Lung, then back to Shen. Shen, full of pride, continued, "The panda village is gone! I killed them all! I shall rule this city, and no one shall stop me!" The insanity was visible in the white peacock's eyes, "Are you not proud of me, father? Mother?"

Lady Peacock sobbed as she backed away. Her wing-hands covered her beak in pure horror and she held her husband in sadness. Leo Lung inhaled deeply as Lord Peacock took a moment to gather his thoughts.

"Leo Lung, of the Jade Palace, has informed us of your crimes." Lord Peacock said, steadily. Shen's prideful grin fell. His father continued, "You destroyed an entire village for the sake of your own destiny? How selfish." He said, narrowing his eyes.

At this point, Lord Shen had been humbled, and fear filled his eyes as his own father turned against him. Leo Lung could only watch in anticipation. The tension was thick in the room.

"I can not let an insane creature rule Gongmen City. I hereby decree that you, my son, Shen, are exiled from the city. Do not come back." Lord Peacock ordered. A herd of antelope guards held their spears toward Shen.

The young Lord was surprised, anguished, horrified and angry. Shen slowly backed away. A pack of wolves gathered behind Shen. But the white peacock fixed his eyes on Leo Lung. Leo almost flinched from the amount of pure rage in the bird's eyes.

"You did this, Leo Lung of the Jade Palace." He rasped. The white peacock's pupils were shrunken with pure anger, "I will come back. I will get my revenge. And it will start with you! I will rule China! They will bow at my talons!" He shrieked, pointing his sword at Leo Lung. The lion's eyes widened and the peacock scowled, before whipping around and marching towards the Palace doors.

Lady Peacock sobbed into her husbands shoulder, and Leo Lung hung his head.

"I suppose I should get going." Leo said. Lord Peacock said nothing. He simply stared after his son, who was marching angrily out of the palace. The moment that those heavy, wooden doors slammed shut, the peafowl sighed and hung his head. His wife sobbed, her cries echoing off of the Palace walls.

"Just leave, Leo Lung of the Jade Palace." The noble, heartbroken peacock ordered.

...

So Leo Lung left. He moved slowly, so as to try to give Shen and his pack of wolves some distance. And, when he saw the Valley of Peace in the distance, his heart filled with sadness. So he passed the village. He could not bare to see Shifu right now. The painful pang in his heart only grew when he gazed at the Palace.

Yes, Shifu would be heartbroken. Yes, Master Oogway would miss the lion. But no, Leo Lung could not possibly return to the Jade Palace. Every time he even pictured his former home he thought of only Tai Lung.

It hurt him too much. Only time- time and meditation- could heal this wound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.7K 758 19
(This story is old, cringe worthy, and may have bad grammar and stuff. Read at your own risk) *sequel to my last story* Some time has passed since th...
271K 5.8K 21
This story has reached; #1 - Mantis (11/2/18) #1 - kungfupanda (11/2/18) #1 - Monkey (11/2/18) #1 - Crane (11/2/18) #1 - Oogway (3/26/19) #1 - Po (3...
109K 2.8K 30
#1 - lordshen (4/22/20) #1 - bandits (8/12/20) #1 - kungfupanda2 (8/12/20) #1 - Shifu (10/2/20) Tai Lung is defeated, peace is upon the valley...but...
158K 1.9K 20
What if there was a cub Shifu took in while training Tai Lung.... After Tai lung's betrayal, this unknown student left because he couldn't handle the...