CROSSROADS

By akriti_sharma

She for him was a faded memory He for her was the privileged one She was very vocal about her hatred He was... More

Prologue
1-{Denmark Diaries}
2-{Can they Coexist?}
4-{This is what loves looks like}
5-{Its about family}

3-{Stairway to Closeness}

2.9K 426 248
By akriti_sharma

Hola...I thought I had published the part...Its when I woke up I realized that it was still in my drafts...Stupid me..!!

The update is here...I really don't know how well it has come-out for i wrote it in bit and pieces, like the first scene was actually the last scene that i wrote..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Stairway to Closeness}

"I sat there, eyes stuck up at the door,

And then at the spiral stairway leading towards it,

I sat there deciphering how long it would take to reach the door,

A voice in me screamed, 'You'll know only when you'll start to climb'"

Myra's POV

I was reading, no actually re-reading the lines that Kari had written right below mine on the credit card bill. I was about to throw the bill when I remembered writing something on it and it was then I noticed Kari's reply to my phrase. Sometimes I wonder how effortlessly this man understands my conflicts...!!

May be he is right, I guess I am restraining myself a little too much, taking solace in silence is okay but when it becomes suffocating, that's when you need to stop and right now if not suffocating, the silence has started leaving me breathless at times. Sometimes I feel a kaleidoscope of emotions turning in my head and my heart. The emotions those are as complex as love and hatred and as simple as care and reticence.

Can I be normal with Manik..?? Do I have a chance of having a happy family and a real relation apart from Kari..?? The questions keep muddling my head every now and then. I guess Kari is right, I would get the answers only if I try. No matter how much I try to deny but the fact remains I care for him and I am sure it is not out of humanity, it is simply because he is my brother...There I said it..Period..!!

I was in my thoughts when I saw Kari rushing in the house. One look at him was enough to tell me that something is seriously wrong. I rushed to him and held him by his shoulders

"What's wrong", I asked

"I...Woh Manik...",Kari stammered and then continued, "Can you please make that herb Kada...?? Manik is in a lot of pain..The doctor said that the Kada will help him...How much time will it take..?? Do we have all herbs here or should I ask the butler to get them from the guest house"

"Calm down..."

"Myra he is in a lot of pain"

"I guessed that...You go and stay with him and Nandini...I'll get the kada"

"Okay...How much time..??"

"I had already prepared and stored it for emergencies, I'll just warm it and get it.. 5 min max"

Kartikeya nodded and turned around to go only to stop in the middle

"Tumko kaise pata ki aisa kuch ho sakta hain and so you were prepared..!!"

I was about to reply but then I realized Kari was not aware of my discussions with the doctor, so I said "Tumhi ne bola tha na, it will pain as the treatment progresses, and Kada will help in reducing the pain so I just figured that out"

Kari took steps towards me with a smirk on his face,

"You are not as smart as you think you are Myra...We need to talk once Manik gets fine"

He kissed my forehead and rushed out

'What was that..!! For sure I was surprised and stunned but it was not the time to ponder over Kari's reaction, Manik is in pain, Kada.. let me just warm it and rush to the guesthouse'

In about five minute, I was standing next to Manik's bed with the cup of Kada in my hands. His state brought tears to my eyes. He was squeezing his eyes closed as his face contorted. He was whimpering in pain, at times he held his head and in another second he held his biceps. Kari and Nandini were pressing is legs and hands. Kari's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I handed over the cup to Nandini.

"Manik look the Kada is here...please drink it, you'll feel better", Nandini spoke

Manik tried getting up but screamed in pain and slumped back on the bed. He tried again, this time with Nandini's and Kari's support but couldn't sit for more than a few seconds. I recalled the last conversation I had with his doctor, he said the pains will start now and will get severe as the treatment progresses, if this is the starting I don't even want to think of the future. I realized I couldn't just stand there as a mere spectator, I rushed to kitchen, grabbed a spoon and came back. I gave the spoon the Nandini and asked her to try with that but unfortunately the kada was spilling out more on the bed then in Manik's body for Nandini's hands too were shaking.

They were just twenty year olds, how can we expect them to be brave and composed in a situation like this..!!

I just couldn't stand there, I pushed Kari aside and sat next to Manik keeping his head on my lap.

"Kari, you and Nandini keep pressing his muscles, I'll feed him the Kada", I spoke

Nandini handed over the cup to me, and started pressing and rubbing his arms, Kari did the same with his legs while both had their eyes on me.

Placing the cup on the side table, I pressed the cheeks around corners of his mouth, with my thumb pressing the left and index finger pressing the right side, causing his lips to open. I applied a slight force on the jaws due to which his teeths parted creating a hollow. Taking some Kada in the spoon, I allowed it to slide down the hollow followed by Manik gulping it down. Once the Kada was finished, I kept pressing his forehead to reduce the pain. I looked up at Kari and Nandini who decided to look anywhere but at me, probably they were trying not to make me too conscious..A good move though..!!

But the worry in their body language didn't go unnoticed by me, especially Nandini's. Her eyes were swollen due to continuous crying and it was clearly evident that she was shaken up with the incident. So was Kari, it was just that he wasn't crying and I knew why 'Tears and him don't get along'

I knew I had to distract them and also Manik, so I spoke

"You know Nandu, this technique of feeding him was taught to me by our caretaker. She used to feed him milk and cereals like this when he was a baby. One cranky baby he was I tell you...!! She used to sit with his toys while feeding, then she would show him a toy and while his concentration was on the toy she would feed him...At times it was difficult for her to handle so many things together, his toys, the bowl of cereals and him, so I used to help her. We were a team. She used to place him on my lap and show him the toys, I would open his mouth just the way I did now and she would immediately place the spoon in his mouth.", I looked up as I finished and saw a smile on their faces...My job was done..!!

I continued pressing his head and slowly his pain also started subsiding. About an hour later he was fast asleep.

"Now that he's asleep, you guys should get some rest too", I spoke

"I'll take the couch, Nandu you lie down here on the bed and Myra you..", he abruptly stopped in the middle and then continued, "let me help you, Manik ko pillow par sula dete hain",

"No wait...what if he gets up because of movement and it starts paining again...Let him sleep...I am okay..", I immediately replied

"Are you sure?...It is a really uncomfortable position to sit in", he asked with a smile

"In case you've forgotten Kari, you always sleep on my lap for hours when you are sick, I am used to it", I replied

"I know but I guess you do that with me because you care", saying this he moved to the couch

I looked up at Nandini and tears had made their way again in her eyes, she was wiping them away and trying her best to smile. I knew I had to console her too. I forwarded my hand to her asking her to come and sit next to me. She came and wrapped her arms around mine placing her head on my shoulder

"Nandu, baby you have to be very strong. Manik's strength lies in you...You know that right..", She nodded her head, "I know it is a difficult phase for you, and that is why you listen to what I have to say now... Cry, cry as much as you want, let it all out if not infront of Manik, then you have me and Kari, you can always come up to us..You want to keep Manik stress free right, how can you do that if you'll build so much of stress inside you, you need to let it out.... Times are tough, we all know that, you have to be strong Yes but Nandu bacha crying is not a sign of weakness ... You know this is something Kari told me once, 'Crying is not a sign of weakness, rather once you cry and let it out, you actually feel light headed and a lot better...When emotions are held back, such as swallowing or holding back tears, the negative emotional energy gets congested in the body, crying allows you to let go it and it makes you emotionally strong', trust me I have tried it and it definitely helps." I finished talking. Nandini continued crying and soon she too slept off.

The stress was taking on these fellows, I need to do something about it and I will. I kept thinking of what can be done and probably dozed off in the same position with Manik on my lap and Nandini sleeping taking my shoulder's support.

Myra's POV ends

------------

Unknowingly the first step towards togetherness was already taken

------------

A few days later,

Myra's bonding grew with both Manik and Nandini. Though Myra and Manik were not on Name basis yet but they would talk to one another without any awkwardness. Manik and Nandini became regular companions in Kartikeya's evenings in the garden which included Myra too every now and then. Nandini and Kartikeya knew that the ice was melting and this very fact brought immense joy in their hearts. Myra even stayed back or took a day off whenever home visit of the doctor was planned. Dinner was now held in the main house with four of them dining together. To Manik's respite the dishes served to him were without "Myra's Magical touch" and Damn the poor guy was really happy.

On one such occasion, Nandini was helping Myra in the kitchen while Kartikeya was constantly looking at his wife unware of the fact the Manik who was sitting next to him was keenly observing him

"You know if you were not her husband, I would have beaten you black and blue who staring at my sister like a creep stalker", Manik spoke snapping Kartikeya out his thoughts

"I am not a stalker...she is my wife", Kartikeya immediately retorted

"A wife you don't love or wait do you love her ?",

"No..but she is my best friend, I care for her and respect her..."

"She is great isn't she ?"

" Of course she is...I am also very very proud of her for coming so far..strangely so she is my strength as well as my weakness...she is my biggest support system..have you seen 'The Notebook'"

"Yes why do you ask ?"

"The last scene in the story, I secretly wish that when I breathe my last I have her next to me just as in the scene..I am kinda scared of leaving her on her own in this world"

"And you say you don't love her..what is your definition of love by the way..", smirking at him Manik left to the dining room as Nandini called them for dinner while Kartikeya thought, "Is Manik right...Am I in love with Myra...?? No yaar...damn this Manik...!! I should stay away from him..!! He is corrupting my innocent heart"

------------

About a month later, Myra was in office when she got a call from her detective in India who filled her in with all the details that he could gather about Neyonika. She was hell angry with everything she heard and drove back home at that very instant. On reaching home, she saw Manik and Kartikeya in the lawn placing the game on Snakes and Ladders while Nandini was watching. She grabbed Manik by his collar and slapped him hard taking everyone by surprise

"Myra", Kartikeya tried to speak but Myra stopped him by showing her palm

"Not today Kari...not today..!!", she then turned to Manik and spoke, "Why...?? Why didn't you tell anyone about the deeds of Mrs. Neyonika Malhotra..?? Why didn't you tell Mr. Malhotra that his so called estranged wife finds kick in whoring herself around..?? Why did you keep all her secrets to yourself..?? Who do you think you are MR. MANIK MALHOTRA or wait the mighty MANIK MALHOTRA, the protector of all...isn't it..??"

Manik looked at Nandini thinking if she had spilled beans to Myra

"Don't look at Nandu...she didn't do anything...!! ...I wanted to know about Mrs. Malhotra and so I hired a detective in India to find out about her... neither Nandu nor Kari are aware of it but that doesn't matter, how could you Manik, how could you allow her to ruin you or rule over you..?? She framed you in murder charges and you excused her...!! She plotted with Trilok Chaurasiya and got Nandini kidnapped, you excused her again..Why..??"

"Wait Trilok, where did he come from..?? and what did he do to you Nandu..??", asked Kartikeya

"The same thing that he tried doing with me, scaring the shit out of us and scarring us for life except that with Nandu it was the his home while for me it was a room in the hospital...You know I wish if I had woken up early then, Trilok wouldn't have ranaway..!!"

"What did pandit do to you", Asked Nandini

"It is not important...and we are talking about Mrs. Malhotra right now...Why didn't you tell anyone..??", replied Myra

Manik didn't speak a word and sensing the numbness, Nandini spoke,

"Neyonika stands for everything wrong in his life...Mr. Malhotra left both of you and went to the Ashram, she took Manik in because she must have thought his Dad is closer to him than you... He was nothing but a money mending machine for her...she filled him with so much of hatred and anger that he would get into a fight or commit mistakes at the drop of a hat...she bailed him out of them not because she was his mother or because she wanted him to learn from his mistakes but to ensure that she takes advantage of the favor she did on him...everything for her was give and take...She would help him and then ask him to return the favor by getting money and privileges from Mr.Malhotra...!! Anyone who's important in his life would become a pawn to her game... She would try and harm the person for she knew how protective Manik is of his inner circle and to protect us, he would make a deal with her and that eventually turned him into a ruthless monster who didn't trust anyone, who believed everything in this world is about Money and power...that is how he lived all this years and this pain that he is in, it is also because of Neyonika..!!"

"As in", asked Kartikeya

"He doesn't deserve to be here..it was for me..the bomb in the car was meant to kill me but he and Cabir decided to pick me up..Neyonika wanted to kill me..!!"

"But why..??", asked Myra

"Because with me, Manik was slowly shedding of his monstrous cells..and that worried Neyonika because she could no longer use his mistakes as a bait to extract money from his dad..!! She ruined him.."

Myra looked at Manik with tears in her eyes,

"Listen to me...and listen it good Mr. MANIK MALHOTRA...You are a human, you are not supposed to protect and control everything around you... If you had told Mr. Malhotra about her behavior earlier, things wouldn't have taken such a drastic turn... Do you even realize that in order to control and protect your inner circle, you got yourself controlled and ruined by that woman...?? And one more thing, from now on you will not stress yourself with what happens to her...Her case"

Manik eyes snapped at Myra and he spoke,

"No I can't let her go so easily.. she has to pay... she killed Kabir, I will not allow her to get away that easily"

"No one is asking you to do that...Neyonika Malhotra will rot in hell..and I will make sure of it.. but you will not take stress and ruin your health anymore...Give me the lawyers contact, Kari and I will deal with him now...For you, Neyonika Malhotra doesn't exist at all...Am I Clear Manik ??"

Manik stayed quiet and taking the opportunity Kartikeya spoke

"Don't do that Myra... it is not easy for him, he can't forget everything just like that especially when everyday his treatment reminds him of everything he's been through...you have to give him some time... but I am sure he'll try.. Won't you Manik..??"

"I will try", Manik replied looking at Myra

Myra nodded her head and moved inside the house

"That's all you need to do..keep trying Manik... try to adjust to the treatment, try to forget and move on, try to let go of hesitation you feel when it comes to your sister..!!", Nandini said holding his hands.

Kartikeya patted their heads and said, "I'll just check on her..you guys take care, we'll see you at dinner"

------------

Kartikeya entered in his room only to see his wife pacing around like a maniac. Silently, he sat next on the bed. Sensing his presence, she started speaking,

"All my life I hated him. Mrs. Malhotra not only played with his life but filled mine too with hatred for him for I was living in an illusion that he had a better and privileged life. Kartikeya, between both of us who was the one wronged more by our so called parents, Was it me?? A child who was abandoned by her parents to withstand the destruction on her own; or Was it him?? A child taken in care only to be destroyed and demolished bit by bit"

She slumped down on the bed and Kartikeya immediately took her into his protective embrace. Myra sobbed and soon that turned into hysterical cries.

Once Myra was asleep, Kartikeya recalled the conversation in his head, and realized that for the first time Myra called Manik by his name and he messaged Nandini

'She called him by his name...that's a huge leap'

Nandini read the message and replied

'But he didn't, even he spoke to her only twice...there is a long way to go'

Kartikeya sighed and replied

'It is okay... his scarred childhood holds him back from opening up to anyone... I guess Myra has to take steps'

About a minute later his phone pinged with Nandini's message

'Her resistance too is justified, she has had a tough loner life"

------------

He was taken in and that ruined him...but does he deserve her hatred..??

She was abandoned and that ruined her... but does she deserve his hesitation ..??

------------

Almost a month passed since the incident, the siblings were getting closer but the hesitation and resistance didn't really disappear.

One such day, Myra, Manik and Nandini were watching a movie while Kartikeya was out for a business meeting. Myra's phone rang, she picked it up on the third ring

The caller spoke, "Is it Mr. Sahni residence..??"

"Yes, how can I help you ?"

"Mr. Sahni has met with an accident...we got this number from his insurance card, he is admitted in Amager Hospital,"

"I would be there as soon as possible", a panicked Myra replied

Nandini and Manik were keenly observing Myra's reactions while she was on call and her disturbed face told them that something was terribly wrong. As soon as she disconnected the call, Nandini asked, "Di what's wrong..??"

"Kari had an accident..I have to rush"

"Wait we are coming with you", Nandini replied and three of them rushed out. Manik went to the guest house and came back in a couple of seconds

On reaching the car, Manik spoke, "Let me drive..."

"Do you have a license ?", Asked Myra

"Yes I do..I just went in to take that...sit in..quickly.."

About twenty minutes later they parked car in the hospital parking and ran towards the entrance when suddenly Myra stopped just at the gate.

"What...Come on..What's wrong...??", Manik asked

"You guys go in I can't..!!", Myra replied

"Di you are still scared of hospitals, relax we are here", Nandini spoke while Myra looked at her with teary fear stricken eyes

"I can't Nandu, please go in and let me know how he is"

"What's going on", Manik asked

"I will tell you but let us check on jijs first", Nandini replied

Manik and Nandini entered in and enquired at the reception. Soon they were taken to the emergency area where Kartikeya was getting his bandage done. He was conscious and talking to the doctors.

"Jijs...how are you now", asked Nandini

"Honestly it pains like an ass...but I'll be fine...She couldn't enter, could she..??"

"How did this happen and what is with her and the hospitals..??", asked Manik

"Well this happened since I missed a step while getting down the stairs and hence rolled down... and as far as Myra is concerned, why don't you ask her the reason...tell her about my state too...converse with her while me and Nandini will join you once the bandage is done, I am not required to stay here at night..!!"

Manik nodded and left Kartikeya with Nandini.

Outside the hospital, Myra was sitting on a bench next to the bicycle stand. Manik came and sat next to her, passing her a cup of coffee that he had grabbed on his way out.

"He is fine.. the wounds pain though..", Manik initiated the conversation

"How did it happen..??"

"He missed a step, got misbalanced and rolled down the stairs...he would be out soon, just getting the bandages done...!!"

"Stay is not required..??"

"Nah..its not that serious..!!"

Silence ensued for a few minutes until Manik spoke again

"Why are you scared of hospitals..??"

"Because of Trilok"

"Pandit.. what has he got to do with it ?"

"When I was in Ooty Trilok came to our school as a guest teacher, he made a band and I too was a part of it, one day one of my bandmates and I got injured and were admitted in the hospital, I saw Trilok misbehaving with her, I tried to complain to the sisters when he grabbed me from behind and locked me in some room, probably the place where they kept all the medicines..I was a teenager, injured, probably bleeding due to manhandling plus the pungent smell of the medicines, everything put together got me unconscious, the hospital staff apparently found me there after a day and then I was treated, The school tried contacting Mr and Mrs Malhotra but neither of them were available. About two days later,  I regained consciousness but Trilok had run away by then. On the top of that there was no proof to get him arrested and then the school too pressurized me not file a case for it would reflect badly on school reputation. I had not support from family, no one who could tell me that I should fight the injustice and that they stand by me."

"I am sorry"

"You are not at fault, and I very well realize that now. Nonetheless that incident left a deep fear in my head, the moment I enter the hospital, the smell itself makes me uncomfortable and numb."

"How does Nandini know about your fear??"

"After the incident, I realized that music was the only thing that could heal me and hence I joined her Amms Gurukul. There whenever I used to get sick, I would just refuse to go to the hospital, that's when Guruma and Nandu came to know about my fear but they don't know the reason yet...Only Kari was aware of it till now and now you too"

"Kartikeya..!! You know he is a great guy...He reminds me of Kabir sometimes"

"He is the best man I have ever known...I met him during my undergrad days and then we became project partners...He didn't force his friendship upon me but at the same time he ensure he was always there for me...It was very difficult for me to trust people, especially Men after Trilok but Kari made me trust him to extent that we became flatmates and today we are life partners, Kari is different and so was his proposal, he looked at me, held my hand and said 'Listen I am a human..I shall err and I shall learn..if you want to have faith in that walk with me else you can always walk out of the door and I decided to walk with him, probably the best decision of my life"

"I was scared of darkness...I had no specific reason for it but darkness always unnerved me. But one day I was stuck in a storeroom with Nandini. The storeroom was dark..yet it didn't scare me..I guess because I had my star with me..that was the first time I saw her in a different light, I realised that if not love, what I feel for her is definitely a step ahead of just attraction. That was the first time darkness didn't scare me, I felt protected. For the first time I wasn't protecting anyone rather someone was protecting me and that was a wonderful and blissful feeling in itself, Nandini I call her my star and I am actually ready to overcome every fear for her, with her."

"You love her a lot...Don't you..??"

"I do and she deserves much more, love respect and every other happiness in the world just like Kartikeya...Kartikeya is your star, you have to overcome your fear not for anyone else but for him.. He joked it off but my eyes noticed the tinge of sadness in his eyes when he didn't see you around"

"It is not easy"

"May be but when I was coming here Amms told me this, she said things or situations are as difficult as you make it..choice is yours, the power and strength lies in you"

Their conversation was interrupted by a voice that belonged to Kartikeya

"How is your Chai pe charcha going on..?? oh wait is it coffee pe charcha..?? I also need one"

"I'll make one for you once we reach home...But first tell me can't you be a little careful while walking, I mean seriously you got injured while getting down from stairs, How old are you...Five..!!", exclaimed Myra

"Here I am in pain and you are scolding me"

"Is it paining too much"

Kartikeya nodded making a puppy face

"Good it should, at least now you will be careful...Let's go home..!!", Myra spoke heading towards the car

------------

Slowly and steadily they had reach the last step just one push was enough to open the door

------------

Two weeks after Kartikeya's "great fall from the stairs" , a phrase Myra coined for his accident, he had gone out of town for an urgent official work.

It was a Saturday and Myra had just gotten up post her afternoon nap. She went to the kitchen and started her preparations for the dinner as Kartikeya was coming back in the evening and as a rule whenever he used to comeback from the trip, a lavish dinner was the first thing he would look out for. Though she was generally happy on such occasions, it was different that day. She was nervous and anxious. Soon her fear turned into a reality when she heard a loud sound coming from the guest house.

The blood dried from her veins as she saw an unconscious Manik on the floor and a devastated Nandini running towards the door. She got hold of Nandini half way

"What happened??"

"I don't know...he...was walking around casually....and then just fell unconscious...I don't know how to drive...Jijs also not here, let me call the doctor.."

"Let's get him to the car first, you can call the doctor on the way"

Myra and Nandini took an unconscious Manik to the car and Myra started driving. Soon they reached the hospital and he was transferred on to the stretcher with the help of the helpers around. They entered in the hospital and Myra's fear returned back to her. She took a deep breath and spoke

"Nandini take him to the room the doctor told you, I'll just check if he has arrived"

Saying this Myra rushed to doctor's cabin who had thankfully arrived. The procedures were started on him on immediate basis. Myra and Nandini saw Manik crying in pain as he regained consciousness as medicines were being injected in his body. His state bought tears in their eyes, it was just then Nandini realized, that Myra was actually standing next to her

"Di you are fine right..I know hospitals make you uncomfortable, I ...", She was interrupted in the middle by Myra

"I am okay Nandu, Manik wanted me to fight the fear and look here I am fighting it for him...I am not gonna leave my brother and you alone in this...Wait let me call Kari and inform him"

About an hour later, Kartikeya joined them too. Manik's cries of pain increased as he regained consciousness and the medicines were acting on his nerves. The doctors soon came out and said

"Ideally we don't do this but I think in his case, we will have to give him a shock treatment as well...Not now but in future", the doctor said

"Shock treatment are crazy, he is already in so much pain"

"Please calm down Ms. Myra, we are trying our best and he is responding to the medicines, the shock treatment will assist to the improvement and the pain is normal, it is an indication that the treatment is working"

"What do you mean by saying this is normal, can't you see the pain he is going through or have you turned a blind eye towards it", Shouted Myra

Kartikeya held her and asked her to calm down while Nandini stood there numb, unable to react

Kartikeya went to her and asked her softly,

"Nandu you want to go for the shock treatment..??"

"Anything that makes him fine...but what if he forgets me after this"

"That will never happen", Myra came and sat next to her, "He can forget anyone but you and you need to let go of this fear...We'll go for the shock treatment doctor...but for now do something to reduce his pain"

"That will get subsided in a few minutes...he will be unconscious for a few hours and he should be fine for now...I would discuss the treatment possibilities with other doctors and let you know by tomorrow", saying this the doctor left

------------

Once his pain subsided, Manik was shifted to a normal room, Myra and Kartikeya sat on the couch while Nandini sat next to him murmuring "Please don't forget me...Please don't..."

Myra and Kartikeya heard her murmurs and looked at one another helplessly. Soon Myra's expressions changed to anger and she spoke in a low voice, "I will not leave Neyonika Malhotra...It is because of her that Manik and Nandu are suffering... Neyonika Malhotra will rot in hell..and I will make sure of it.."

A few hours later Manik regained consciousness and the first word he spoke was "Nandini". Kartikeya rushed out the call the doctor while Myra stood up next to Nandini and said, "Look as I said he can never forget you Nandu"

Kartikeya returned with the doctor who conducted the basic checks and declared that Manik was fine for now.

While having their dinner Manik asked, "Nandini how did you get me here"

"Woh Myra Di drove", Nandini replied

"Umm...Thank you...You are in the hospital...you are fine right..not scared anymore", Manik asked

Myra looked around as if she was searching for something and then spoke, "You are talking to me..!! Oh okay..I am not scared and you don't need to thank me, this is the least I could do for you...You scared us bad this time...Little brother"

Manik looked at her with his eyes wide open while Myra continued chuckling at his reaction

"and what is excuse me, Ummm, clearing throats and stuff...I have a name Myra you can call me that, it it not difficult just two syllables 'My' and 'Ra' simple... and in case you don't wanna call me by name out of respect of course I am elder to you so you can call me 'Di' as well, I won't mind trust me"

"D..Di", Manik stammered

"Di is a single syllable Manik, you made it sound like a two syllable word but I guess that is okay for starters". She spoke and just a few seconds later the room echoed with laughs of four souls occupying it

------------

The door had opened, the door to happiness, closeness and bridging gaps

------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is it from me for today

You can now stay in touch with me on instagram and twitter, my user name on both platforms is "akriti_mishti"

Take care and Stay Blessed

Cheers..!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 13K 39
_COMPLETED_ #1 in HATE Series Cover credit :- @Khizra_creationz **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF...
238K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...
374K 20K 32
Copyright ©️ 2021 the_bogummy All rights reserved. No part of this book/book may be reproduced without the writer's permission on any kind of sites...
317K 32.6K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...