Dust Bones [Harry Styles]

By zeffervescent

Working for a world-leading mafia, Harry knows how to kill, how to hunt his victims, and how to avoid any com... More

001
002
003
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
T R A I L E R
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
000
059
060
061
062
063
064
065/Epilogue
Q&A? Kind of? Idk Man.

004

497K 13.6K 35.2K
By zeffervescent

       No words can explain better the continuous silence. It was just simply quiet, empty, somehow hollow, somehow saddening. I wanted to shower, feeling sticky from the sweat of panic and fear just a few hours ago. I needed food in my system. Harry could care less about my needs as he continued to avoid socialization. It began to depress me how bad things were looking forward.

       Even when I'm in Texas, I won't be safe. It is clear that whoever is after me, won't stop after this. Harry is my only protection. By the rate things are going, however, I'll die of starvation in his control.

       There were still desert roads around us. Ahead of us, however, was a small building that was beginning to stretch the further the car drove down the road. I let my eyes wander, sitting up with curiosity and hope that it would just be what I'm thinking of. To my pleasure, the large "Motel" sign -- although fading from the sun -- was vibrant in my sight.

       "We're taking a bit of a detour. I have to make some phone calls." Harry explained. I gaze at him, seeing his usual boring facial expression plastered on his face. Always serious, never laughing or smiling. If not bored, angry, or annoyed, he was smirking with cruel amusement.

       I've grown a backbone since he yelled at me a few hours ago, using a quiet tone this time because my backbone was still a little weak on support. "How are you going to make a phone call? We're in the middle of the desert." I stated quietly.         

       The car made a right turn, driving us into a parking lot. Around me were numerous of red doors, two stairs leading up to the floors that led to the rooms themselves. It was a nightmare. I wouldn't be snobby about such things, most of my life was lived in luxury yet I was raised better than to complain. But, this place was so devastating to look at, even "shit" wasn't a mean enough word to describe this place.

        Harry stopped the car, removing the keys with abrupt speed. “Get out of the car. I’ll get us a room so you can shower, some food, and after exactly four hours when that clock hits six PM we are leaving.”

        I nodded my head, following his instructions and getting out of the car. I wrapped my arms around myself, glancing around us. My lips parted slowly, following Harry in my wedge heels I still had on.

        I sped up to be able to walk close to him, feeling that everywhere I was there were people watching me. We made it to the small window where I man stood with his back to us. Harry was already pulling out a wallet from his back pocket, the gun still in his other.

        “Excuse me?” Harry asked. Instead of sounding polite, he sounded assertively determined.

        The man behind the counter turned around, his face tattooed and his deep black eyes glancing at both of us. His lip was ripped at the side, surgically put together so his mouth would function correctly. The large scar painted his tan skin permanently.

        My eyes widened in shock, my breath hitching as I flinched and accidentally bumped my side into Harry’s. To my surprise, Harry hadn’t even moved from the abrupt nudge. Luckily for me, the man behind the counter didn’t see my reaction as for he had been looking at Harry.

        When his eyes trailed to mine, I had found myself gulping. The way he was looking scared me a bit. I knew just about anyone would be untrusting of others the second someone tells them people are looking for them. It’s hard to see the good in a person that stares like the want to eat you, and has a face with several wounds. I can almost feel the pain on my face from seeing them on his.

        “I have many rooms available. Which would you prefer? Full, or twin?” The man spat, his voice gravelly like had been a smoker for most of his life.

        Harry seemed like he didn’t even notice the rude tone this man used with him. “Full.” He replied, and to my displeasure. It wasn’t like he was going to sleep with me, because he’s probably going to force himself to stay awake. Even if he were to sleep, I’d push myself to sleep on the floor from the uncomfortable position he’d put me in.

        One bed for two people. I let my shoulders drop a little from relief when we got the room key, and the man was no longer staring into our souls.

        We walked up the stairs, quickly finding our room. Harry brought the key through the lock, turning it open to reveal a neat room, but not very nice per say. The bed was stiff and the wooden headboard was chipped at and scratched from God knows what.

        The light brown rug was stained with unknown substances. I inhaled deeply when I saw the bathroom. The shower was missing its curtain, and the worst part was that the bathroom wasn’t an actual room. Where the rug met the tile was no wall. It was just a section for the bathroom, the rest was a bed and a couch.

        This was the best we could do in our situation. Instead of complaining, I am going to willingly fight my urge to vomit at the oppressive stench that flowed throughout the room. Wet dog and cigarettes. The repulsive smell worsened the omnitude of the room.

        “Shower and then I will get you your food.” Harry ordered, taking a seat on the bed.

        I timidly glanced at the tub, and then back at Harry who was now focused on his gun and unloading its bullets onto the bed. When he heard no commotion, he looked up at me with his jade green eyes, his eyebrows furrowed like always. “What’s the matter now?”

        “Um...are you just going to sit there?” I asked, fearful of getting his voice raised at me. “I mean, there’s no privacy.”

        He remained stolid. “Would you rather have me join you?” He mocked, upsetting me a little. “Go shower.” He ordered.

        Now more than ready to burst at him for being such an ass, I took off my heels as he watched. Unfortunately for me, I had the impulse to throw them at his lap. Luckily, it didn’t harm his manhood, but he still sent me the chilliest glare so far. With my cheeks red hot, I walked to the tiled area of the room. Somehow I felt his eyes burning into my back as I began to discard my clothes to the floor.

        I shimmied out of my shorts, now having removed my shirt. I’m flustered by the fact that he could watch me shower. It makes me highly uncomfortable, but I know he’d be the last of us both to ever try anything. It was so hard to undress myself under the surveillance of someone so mean like Harry. He was probably insulting every inch of my body, if he even was staring.

        Confidence was problematic for me. Despite having received many compliments, I was still a little shy about my figure. I was a book nerd all my high school life. Although known as that “pretty, smart girl” I never really indulged in being attractive. I’d stick my nose in a book to hide from new faces if I had to. Or else I’d force myself to make conversation.

        Once fully naked, I wrapped my arms over my bust as I stared into the tub. It was rusty and old. I actually contemplated in whether the water was safe to shower in. I clenched my jaw before deciding on getting in, and to my surprise the water was clear when I turned it on.

        I shrieked when the showerhead sprayed chilling cold water on my skin. Literally jumping about three feet, I frowned upon realizing that the water would obviously take time to heat up. With the cold water still running, my body off to the further end away from the water, I blushed to realize that Harry must’ve heard the entire thing or watched.

        My head slowly turned to look at him. Harry’s eyes were nowhere near me. He was lying on his back, staring up at the ceiling. Maybe I wasn’t loud when I shrieked, so he didn’t hear me. Or, he could have just not cared and left me unconscious in the tub. At least I wouldn’t bother him with my presence.

        I reached out for the water again, feeling it warmed enough to shower in. There was a bar of old soap by the edge of the tub. I cringed as I picked it up. Soap was self-cleaning and it wouldn’t absorb much bacteria. Still, I’m appalled by this all. Frowning, I sniffed the soap that was scented like mint and cigars. What’s up with this place smelling like cigar invested substances?

        Harry was lying on his back still when I finished my shower. I turned off the water and glanced around, seeing as the towels that were provided were actually neatly folded on the toilet. I picked one off the toilet, gagging as I sniffed it and smelled wet, old rag. I’ve never felt dirtier after a shower when I wrapped it around my body.

        “My clothes are in the car…” I trailed off, watching Harry lie down.

        He groaned as he sat up, moving his arms around to stretch them out. “I’ll get something for you.”

        “Can you make sure to get my black Vans? Just ‘cause they’re more comfortable than the heels.”

        Harry just slammed the door, ignoring what I just said. Maybe he is going to get me them, maybe he isn’t. I am strongly disliking his attitude and I know it won’t be long until I’m hating guts. By the end of this little trip -- that has probably been extended -- I’ll hate him.

        I was sitting on the bed. My hands tightened their grasp on the towel wrapped around me. Harry returned, shutting the door behind him. In his hand he had a blue, loose spaghetti strap shirt. In the other he held what looked like to me was one of my lace underwears that was in a hot pink. I blushed immediately, staring at my feet in embarrassment. A bra the color grey was in his hand as well.

        “Here. I figured you’d wear the same shorts. Couldn’t find anything that would be easy for you to run in and not die of heat.” He remarked, placing the stuff carelessly on the bed. The black Vans I asked for were thrown next to my things.

        My mind drifted to placing my clothes on. He was off to the corner of the room while I changed into the clothes. I dropped the towel to the floor, mentally cursing myself because I could have kept it on and slid my underwear while I sat. That was now futile, anyway. As I was pulling on my underwear, I glanced up to see Harry’s muscled bare back.

        He was faced away from me, though I could still remember seeing the familiar scenery back at my father’s home. My face was brighter red, hotter than it already was. I quickly pulled my underwear on, avoiding taking another glance at his flawless body. Out of the corner of my eye, however, I saw his naked figure.

        Uncomfortable and flustered, I quietly tied the laces of my Vans and hurried to lie down on my stomach, facing away from Harry. The music the shower provided was all I could listen, struggling to steer my thoughts away from his body underneath the water.

        The strong stench was inhaled through the comforter as well. I began to think of the many bed insects that could be on the mattress. Immediately, I shot up from the bed and onto my feet.

        “What are you doing?” He asked.

        A little out of nowhere, I spat. “Who’s the one asking questions now, Harry?”

        “Watch it, Catalina. Sit on the bed and don’t move. You can’t go anywhere out of my sight,” he snapped.

        My back was still turned to him, and my leg bounced as I pondered whether to just rush outside in order to spite him. Unfortunately for me, I’ll only be putting myself in grave danger. Defeated, I sat on the bed, now facing him, and regretting it because I got a full glimpse of the side of his body. I peeked down at my shoes almost instantly, feeling a blush burn the blood on my cheeks.

        He stepped out a few minutes later, wrapping a towel around his lower body. Harry then went to go pick up his clothes, dressing himself in exactly everything he was wearing previously. I kind of felt stupid for asking for new clothes. Unlike me, Harry understood he could wear his clothes twice before washing or changing them for new ones. But then again he hadn’t broken a sweat back at the concession store.

        “Come on. We’re getting food.” Harry beckoned me to follow him out the door, and I did while closing the door behind me.

        Once at the vending machine, he was pressing random numbers. He didn’t bother asking me what I wanted, and I really didn’t care what he got, I was just very hungry. My hand pressed against the side of the vending machine, looking up at Harry with a worried expression. “Please tell me why those men are after me, Harry.”

        I used my voice and my face to persuade him. I’d make my eyes go slightly bigger, my lips in a frown, and my voice would be soft, almost sounding caring, but worried. It’ll get high, too. My father was usually like Harry, maybe a little lighter on the frowning and yelling, but it worked on him so hopefully it’d work on Harry.

        He sighed in annoyance. “I am not telling. Orders from your father.”

        “So? I’m worried enough. It would lessen my anxiety if I knew why they were after me. Not counting my father’s association with whoever, I’m guessing it’s to spite him for something. Or get back at him, correct?” I inquired, determined now to guess.

        Harry bent down to pick up our first snack, which was a bag of Twinkies. I don’t know why, but I almost laughed. “You’re a smart girl. But not smart enough. You should stop asking questions if you know what’s good for you, Catalina.”

        I hated how he was so cold. He says my name like it’s the venom of a cobra or a distasteful wine. “He owes them something?” I pressed on much to his displeasure.

        “Shut your mouth or I’ll find a way to shut it myself.” Harry gnarled, his eyes darkened by the apparent annoyance I caused him. I was stunned by the distance of his face from mine. Our bodies were close now, half of my back against the vending machine. “Are we clear, Dollface?”

        I shuddered when he called me Dollface. Nodding my head quickly, I stared up into his eyes, my mouth parted, the small gasps for breaths eliciting.

        “Answer me,” he demanded.

        Gulping down my fright, I squeaked out, “Yes, Harry.”

        He stared at me quite darkly, moving away from me and muttering, “Wonderful.”

        I couldn’t control my mouth. “You act more like an enemy who hates me rather than someone willing to risk their life for me.”

        Harry was back to paying attention to the machine, but immediately turned his head to lock eyes with me. “I volunteered to keep you safe. Every other man in that room was fearful of a task to keep their boss’s daughter safe. Because once failed, you’re instantly dead on the spot.”

        “Why did you volunteered if you hate me so much?” I prodded, looking up at him through hooded lashes.

        He scoffed, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “I like challenges. But sitting in a car with you while you ramble off is quite the fucking challenge already.”

        Offended, I remarked, “You’re a bit rude, don’t you think?”

        “You’re a bit annoying, don’t you think?” He mocked right back.

        Glaring, I opened my mouth to speak again while he kept his eyes steadily staring at me. “You don’t even care about my safety, do you? This is just another challenge to boost your ego.”

        “Exactly. You got me all figured out, don’t you, Dollface?” Harry breathed, quite sarcastically if I may add.

        Huffing, I squeaked out, “You’re an asshole!”

        “Shh, shh,” he whispered, narrowing his eyes at me. His drying hair was pushed back by his hand. “Don’t fucking raise your voice at me, you understand?”

        With my lips pursed, I refused to answer.

        So, he continued. “I am in charge of you. You do what I say, when I say so. I’ll protect you with my life. This is my job and has been for three years. If I ask you to do things for me, you do as I say. No matter what it is.” Harry’s tone was in a whisper, but I heard him loud and clear.

        “And if you think you can disobey me, just try me. We’ll make this trip a little rockier than it needs to me,” he added. This is probably the most he has said to me. “I am not your enemy, Catalina. Your father is like family to me, and I promised him I’d do everything in my will to protect you. I’ll admit, I’m mean and unpleasant. I’m definitely an asshole. So do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up for at least a while so we can run this a little smoothly, alright?”

        His words affected me, but in a slight good way. He is doing his best to protect me, which reassures me of who he really is to my father. Trust has to be shared between us before the lack of it gets both of us killed.

        “Can I trust you, Harry?” I asked quietly.

      He only examined my face, his expression not as angry as before. “Of course you can.” He answered nonchalantly. “Trust me with your life. Your father did. And I will make sure you get somewhere safe and you’ll never have to see this bloody asshole again.”

        “Okay. I trust you with my life.” I replied back, more sure of myself than I was at the beginning of this trip.

        Harry just nodded. “Perfect. Now we need to get back to the room. We need a plan as far as we go from here.”

        A/N: Excited to write this! Comment and Vote! Share your thoughts! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 21.6K 70
COMPLETED Evelyn was an aspiring social worker. But when her first assignment is helping a family living in one of the worsts neighborhoods around Lo...
1.5K 87 13
Harry Styles is a photographer. He travels far and wide, taking pictures of scenery and people. But, he has a very dark secret. He's a serial killer...
27.2K 878 47
Life isn't easy, especially when you manage two seperate lives at the same time. Harry Styles is young, successful, beautiful and equally as dangerou...
1.4K 81 24
Detective Harry Styles has been haunted by the case of a killer for three years. Every piece of evidence they've had has never been a significant clu...