Midnight Memories

By Lizziee123

This story goes about a girl, a girl who desperatly wants an other life. She isn't satisfied with the one she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
The End
Edetingg

Chapter 24

20 4 0
By Lizziee123

Emma's POV: 

"So I didn't get it?" I say. Shit.

"Oh no darling. No, you have it. congratulations! But there was an other person who came by yesterday. But you don't have to worry, you are way better than her." 

I sigh, what a relieve. She gave me a mini heart attack or something like that. Really, but I have the job! This was pretty easy and I think I will like the job. I will start tomorrow so we have to find a job for Harry today. Because he won't find one by himself. 

Tomorrow are we (Hannah the shop owner and I) going to discuss my timetable but I will work a lot. And I like that, because then we will have some money. 

A smile appears on my face at this thought. 

I hang up and look at Harry. His face is full of worry, he probably thinks that I didn't get the job. 

Harry opens his mouth but he doesn't talk. Is he too afraid to ask me? Scared off the answer?

"I did get the job! We are going to discuss my timetable tomorrow but I will work a lot!" I say happily. 

Harry's face changes quick from worried to happy. He walks towards me and he gives me a tight hug. He is so happy too, and I like it. He isn't jealous or something. No, he is just happy for me. 

"That is so good to hear!" He says as he pulls me out of the hug. 

I nod and say. "Now it is your turn, you have to walk in here and ask if there is a job for you. Just give it a shot, okay?" He really has to give it a shot. I know he is scared but he has to try at least, he has to learn that people won't bite or something like that. At moments like this, he is a real coward. But it is cute and a bit annoying at the same time. But I will help him getting over it. 

Harry nods unsure and it is really cute and sad to see him like this. He has really no idea what to do or to say.

"Harry, before you go in there and ask. You have to realize that nothing can go wrong. Because if you ask and they say no, then okay. Then we have to look for an other job but we will find one. If the don't understand you, you just walk away. And if they laugh at you, you just keep cool and walk away too. You have to learn to ask people things, okay? So come on and just ask. I know you can do it." I say as a little pep talk and walk towards him to give him a swift kiss on his cheek. "So off you go." I add en push him a little in the direction of the shop. 

He looks less worried than a few minutes ago.

"Good job, Emma." I whisper softly to myself.

I watch Harry walking in, talking to some at the information desk. There is a man behind it and after a few minutes of talking, he shakes his head. I guess they don't need anyone. But you never know.

I keep watching at them, I just hope they have a job for him. I just hope it so badly. I he gets it, it would be good for his self-esteem and for the two of us. Because we are going to need the money. The trip from Amsterdam to Berlin wasn't really expensive. We just paid for the gas and for some food. But it wasn't very much, but a accommodation is really expensive. If we are going to stay here for a month I am going to talk to the manager, maybe we can get a discount or something like that.

Harry walks out of the shop straight to me. He doesn't look that disappointed, I wondered what they have been talking about.

"Hee, how did it go?" I ask as soon as he is close enough to hear me.

"It went really well." He says with a smile on his face. "I didn't get a job because for that I have to speak German, but he gave me an address. It is a shop from a friend of his and it is near by so I can walk to it. We should check it out."

Wauw, this sounds good! We really should give it a shot.

"Yea, sounds good. But what for kind of job is it?" I ask. 

"I have to work in a restaurant, doing the dishes. It isn't the best job I can imagine, but it is one and I will get paid. So I really should give it a shot."

It is nice and I hope he will get in. It isn't the best job just like Harry said but it is one. 

I nod and say. "Yea, we should check it out. Do you know where it is? Or do you only have an address?" 

"I know where it is, that man explained it to me. It isn't hard to find." He says and he starts walking in a kind of direction. 

We walk for about 10 minutes, without saying a word. And it feels good, not awkward or something like that. Just good. I don't want to think about 'heavy' things so I just play some music in my head. 

I only have to hear a song a couple of times and I know the lyrics already. And I have to admit, it is pretty nice. Because I don't need my phone and headset at moments like this. It would be rude for Harry and it looks just antisocial. 

I am 'listening' to Adam Labert. I heard a song of him just a week or two ago and I loved it. I downloaded two albums of him and I just can't stop listening to it. His music just makes me feel alive.

Wauw, that sounds really cliché.

Although it is true. 

We are finally there. It is a pretty large building and it looks nice. We walk towards the door and Harry holds the door for me. What a cutie hahah.

A smile appears on my face, at times like this, he is just such a gentleman. 

A man walks towards us saying. "Tut mir leid, aber wir sind geschlossen."

We look at each other, he is what?

Harry opens his mouth, ooh good boy. He is going to talk to this man, all by himself!

I laugh in myself. Even my thoughts are weird.

"I am sorry sir, but we don't speak German." 

"Oh, uhm we are closed." The man tells Harry.

"Yea, we know. But a friend of you sent me, I was looking for a job and he said I could do the dishes at your restaurant. And I was wondering if uhm, if that job is still available." He says with a little stumble.

You can see that the man is thinking. And I wonder if he is thinking about hiring Harry or just translating Harry's sentence. 

After a while he nods. "So you want to work for me?" He says slowly.

Oh God, I just hope so badly he is going to hire Harry. I just hope it so badly. So so badly.

"Yes sir, that is what I want." Harry talks slowly so it is easier for the man to understand Harry. That is so thoughtful of Harry. And smart, because nice people will get further. 

"Hmm, I guess that's alright. Because I need somebody to do the dishes." He says. "Okay then. You'll get one week to let me show what you can do. But if you're not good enough you will be done working for me. Is that clear?" The man says a bit harshly. 

Harry nods and a suppressed smile appears on his face. He is so happy and I am happy for him too. This is also really good for his self-esteem. God, thank you very much! This helped us both so so so much.

"Then I will see you tomorrow around 4 PM. See you then." The man says and walks away.

Harry and I turn around and walk away too, out off the restaurant. When we are outside we look at each other. 

We have a genuine smile on our faces, both. We are just so happy, we are both in Berlin, we both have a job and we are together. This is just so awesome.

"We could go to that shop to get some groceries and thank that man. Then I will make some dinner." I suggest. I think thanking the man is the least we can do.

"Yea that sounds like a good idea." He says and we start walking back. 

Both of our jobs are near by and that's is just great, I have to walk for about 10 minutes and Harry about 15. So that's good. 

We walk back in silence, again. And it isn't awkward. I am so glad it can be silent without things getting awkward. 

Harry's POV:

I still can't believe I got the job! It isn't sure if I will keep it, but I will do everything to keep it. God I am so happy. And I am glad I went to that super market to ask. Thanks to Emma. 

We are at that super market again and the man is still there. We walk inside and I walk towards him. "Hello sir, I wanted to thank you for giving me that address. I got the job, well sort off. I can try, and I am so thank full."

"Ah, nice to hear! I hope you will get it! Good luck, though." He says and he winks at Emma. 

I nod at him once more and we walk away. Into the store. I grab a basket and we grab the things we need. Some vegetables, potatoes and some hamburgers. We go the the cash register and pay for the things we want. I am paying and Emma is putting our groceries into a bag. We are still not speaking to each other. 

We walk outside and I carry the bag in just one hand. We walk side by side. Should I grab her hand? I want to, but is it smart to do?

Yes, Harry. Just do it. 

And put my hand out and reach for hers. I grab it softly and she doesn't pull away. Yes, yes. She doesn't pull away! Can this day get any better? 

Emma looks at me, with those big eyes of hers. It is maybe to early to say, but I really think that I love her. Not just like her, but just love. I want to be with her forever. 

We are almost at our room kind of thing. Yea it isn't a hotel room, but it isn't an apartment either. So I just keep it on room kind of thing. 

We walk upstairs to our room kind of thing and she opens the door, because I have the bag in my hand and I am still holding her hand. We walk inside and we remove our hands from each other. She grabs the bag and she walks into the small kitchen and starts cooking. 

I follow her, should I tell her? I want to talk, the silence is killing me. Well, not all the time. I like the silence but it is driving me crazy at the very same time. 

I am still doubting if I should tell her about the bruises and shit. I should, but I don't want to. But I want to at the very same time. Ugh, this is so complicated. But if I just start, I have to finish it. So I just have to start. That's all. The rest will come up next. 

Emma is cutting some vegetables and I lean to the counter. "Hee Emma, I should tell you something. No, I have to tell you this. It is about the bruises you saw on me before."

Hee guyss, I have almost 500 reads and 100 votes!!!! And this is making me soooo happyyy I know I say it all the time, but that's just what i do when I am exited! :D love you allll xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267 18 18
Life is about the choices you make, the chances you take, and the changes you make. Louis is 29 about to turn 30. He's married to his partner Patrick...
39.3K 1.1K 64
Andrea Rose Andrea lost her memory four years ago, and has yet to get answers. What caused her to lose her memory? What was life like before? Was sh...
363 29 20
Ella ran away to try and start a new and hopefully happy life. On this journey Ella will end up meeting 5 boys who might be able to help her find so...
7.4K 319 76
I'm a girl in a country I've never been before. I'm all alone and my goal is to start a new life with more adventure than my other regular boring day...