The Past Lies Ahead (A Throne...

By NTrude

Set after ToD and EoS [COMPLETE] A ToG fanfiction Rowan found a way to go back in time. Now he only needed to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chaper 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Ten Years Later - Part 1
Ten Years Later - Part 2
Author's Note

Chapter 2

3.1K 64 7
By NTrude

And here's the next part! I hope you'll enjoy it!

Keeping to the shadows he followed the couple hurry through the streets. He kept an eye on the two figures until they were safely aboard the ship, which set sail the following morning.

No else followed them. He had made sure of that. Though there were still one person left to deal with now that they were safe. But not for long.

He had things to do. And when he was finished he would find her again, he would always find her again.

______________________________________

Right now Celaena was frowning at him. It was lovely frown, especially with the sunrise making the gold in her eyes look like fire. But right now he was the reason for that, only because he once again brought up the fact that they would have get jobs as soon as they arrived.

«I will not. I repeat, I will not work as a barmaid. And that is not up for discussion, it simply won't happen.» she folded her arms in front of her chest to emphasize exactly how much she meant those words.

«It would only be until I find something else, nothing permanent» he had lost count how many times he had tries to reason with her. «Since we didn't get the money for the contract we've got nothing to fall back on, and barmaid is one of the easiest jobs to get. Especially for you.» her nostril flared at that last remark. «Just for a couple of weeks, Celaena, and then you can quit. Promise»

She sighed through her nose and turned to look out across the vast, blue ocean.

After a moment she looked back at him, her frown now gone. «I don't know anything about... barmaiding.»

A laugh escapes before he could contain it. «I don't think that's a word.» she sent a scathing look his way. «Hey,» he put hand under her chin, looking straight into her gorgeous eyes, «you can do whatever you put your mind to. None of us knows how to be anything but assassins, but we will make things work.» he leaned in to kiss her forehead, and she brought her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

«Fine, but just for a few weeks. That's the limit of my barmaiding.» she said into his chest.

«That is still not a word, Celaena.» he said while trying not to laugh.

She just looked up at him with a smirk and said «It is now.»

She rested her head on his chest as they watched the sun rise ever higher in the sky. Gods, he could not believe that this was actually happening. They would finally begin a new life, a new beginning, together. Even if they had no money, he still considered himself to be the luckiest man alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 555 19
A story where Sam never died and now he is going to see Aelin, the new queen of Terrasen, and tell her he's alive. Along the way he meets the witty a...
68.8K 2K 33
A Throne of Glass Fanfic- After EOS Aelin has been brutally tortured and captured by Maeve, the dark queen of the Fae. Days pass by full of pain and...
8.4K 262 14
MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ALL THRONE OF GLASS BOOKS until Tower of Dawn This is a fanfic about what happened after the events of Empire of Storms and Tower...
49.2K 1.3K 47
10 years have passed since the war against the Valg ended. 8 months before Beltane, Aelin is given a choice by a stranger. She can either go willingl...