Floral High #ProjectNigeria

By SweetPrincessGigi

Cover by ME! The world of highschool and teen life is shown in this story of a teen girl, Chioma. She meets... More

INTRODUCTION.
01//Chapter One
02//Chapter Two
03//Chapter Three
04//Chapter Four
05//Chapter Five
06//Chapter Six
FILLERS?!
07//Chapter Seven
08//Chapter Eight
09//Chapter Nine
10//Chapter Ten (Part One)
10//Chapter Ten (Part Two)
11//Chapter Eleven (The party)
11//Chapter Eleven (The Party)
12//Chapter Twelve - First Day Of School.
13//Chapter Thirteen - Desmond.
14//Chapter Fourteen - The Weekend.
15//Chapter Fifteen - Who is your Chioma?
17//Chapter Seventeen - Agric Science.
18//Chapter Eighteen - Dinner

16//Chapter Sixteen - At the mall

805 130 19
By SweetPrincessGigi

Chapter Sixteen.
At the mall.

Dedicated to Rara_Avosuahi

Chapter Songs
-Material Girl by Madonna
  -  Maps by Maroon 5 (I love Adam so much and the rest of the band too)

_____________

We sorted out the whole 'My Chioma' thing and we still went to the mall. Mofe drove us with his car, he feels like he's the best driver in town. When we arrived at the mall, we got snacks before our movie started or rather theirs. My movie wasn't going to start until an hour so I decided to walk around the mall and shop a bit while the boys were watching their movie. Besides, Mofe and Tobi both gave me some money, and I have to spend.

In my normal self, I went to the clothing section first. I selected some dresses for myself. I selected those my parents would let me use. After that I went to the shoe section and I took some shoes before going to the food section. Apart from the snacks the boys got before their movie, I hadn't eaten any other thing so I decided to buy chicken and chips.

Just as I told the food attendant what I wanted, I felt someone stepping on my toes. It was really painful and I was about to shout at the person before I looked up and realized who it was. All the rage and anger disappeared instantly.

It was Desmond.

It was actually him. I wasn't surprised to see him yet I was. He looked really tall, well he was actually very tall. He was wearing a grey hoodie with 'Dope' printed on it in black with black pants and white converse.

I love hoodies. I was wearing one too.

"I'm not surprised to see you" I spoke still in pain. Good way to start off a conversation.

"I'm surprised to see you, you're all grown up, what are you doing here?" He asked and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'm obviously here to shop" He laughed a bit at my statement and stopped.

"From what I heard about you in primary school, you haven't changed. To think that I never really talked to an awesome girl like you" He looked, I couldn't place how he looked right now. Like he regretted not talking to me.

Awesome ends with me.

"Errm, did you come alone?" I asked to be sure before one over protective girlfriend will come and attack me from nowhere accusing me of stealing her boyfriend.

"Yeah, so we could walk around and shop or something" he suggested, with the bags in my hand I would've declined but since he suggested that and we're seeing each other for the first time in years, I could just do him that one favour.

"Okay, Let's get a trolley for your shopping bags and other stuff I'm gonna get you" he winked and went towards a corner of the mall where all the trolleys where lined up. Boys are all the same.

We talked about secondary school throughout, he told me about his last holiday in Seychelles. I've heard about that place before, it's a small but very beautiful island. Desmond got me a lot of things, each time I refused to accept, he'd double it so I just kept refusing.

He paid for everything I got, including the ones I got before he arrived. I didn't bother arguing, he wanted to so I let him. I assumed Tobi and Mofe were still watching their movie so we both decided to get pizza in a restaurant there in the mall. The only setback was the trolley, it contained all of my shopping bags, Desmond offered to push it and I didn't decline.

I now realise that you don't always have to argue. Just accept.

We got a table and he ordered for pizza and ice cream. We continued gisting, he flirted with me for a while, boys nah, it's a normal thing. Until I decided to bring out my phone to save his number and I saw twelve missed calls from Tobi and nine from Mofe. The hell?

I was about to return Tobi's call when he called for the thirteenth time in less than thirty minutes. I picked up the call and he started shouting. I didn't wait to listen to what he had to say, I disconnected the call. Then I called Mofe.

"Hello" I spoke waiting for a response and I got one within seconds.

"Where are you?" He shouted but in a less angry tone than Tobi.

"What is it? Why are you shouting?" I asked confused.

"Answer the damn question!" He shouted.

"At the pizza shop?" I said more like a question than an answer and he cut the call. What's going on? Is it the effect of the movie?

"Any problem?" Desmond asked.

"Uh, no"

In less than five minutes, Tobi and Mofe walked into the pizza shop, their eyes scanning the whole place hoping to spot me. I didn't wave or call out their names and I don't know why. Finally Mofe spotted me and dragged Tobi who was searching over to the table occupied by Desmond and I.

"We've been looking for you and here you are with some-"Tobi paused for a moment and eyed up Desmond before continuing "dude, what if you were kidnapped?"

"Well, I wasn't so how was your movie?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"Let's leave" Mofe suggested. Throughout Desmond was quiet but when Mofe said we should leave, he spoke up.

"She's with me, she can't just leave like that" Desmond spoke up.

___

Tobi's P.O.V

"She's with me, she can't just leave like that" The unintelligent, dumb, foolish guy I met Chioma with spoke up. In this case, I judged the book by its cover and my results were accurate. He looked so dumb and he's actually dumb and stupid.

"Chioma, let's go" Mofe said ignoring that dumb guy. Sometimes Chioma is just so stupid. For fuck's sake, why him?

"Desmond, I need to go, I'm kinda with them, we'll talk later" Chioma bade the dumb guy goodbye and dragged her trolley away from us. Oh, she's angry now? It should be the other way round. Mofe and I followed her but not before glaring at him and he smirked which annoyed me more.

He's gonna be competition, I have to get rid of him.

Chioma got to the car before us. Mofe opened the car automatically from where were with his keys so she could empty the trolley of her shopping bags.

She got into the car and sat there staring out of the window. We got into the car and left the mall.

"Chioma why did you just go like that and we were calling you why didn't pick up?" Mofe asked.

Silence

"And we were here worried not knowing you were with some random guy" Mofe said.

Silence

"Chioma I'm talking to you" Mofe continued.

Silence

"Okay now it's the silent treatment you don't want to answer me right? No problem I'm pretty sure it's because of that dumb dude" Mofe snapped.

"Don't you dare call Dez dumb in fact he's smarter than you could ever be and you want me to say something right how about something in between the lines of who the hell are you to force me out of there you're not my father so you have no right to do that or did you expect me to just stand and wait for you guys to finish your movie" She snapped back.

"Really that's what you have to say? We were worried for Christ sake" I said.

"You know what, why don't you" she pointed towards me "keep quiet and do whatever you feel like doing and you" she pointed towards Mofe "why don't you just shut up and drive" she spat out and faced the window.

We drove home in silence and immediately dispatched to our rooms. Mofe was staying the night, for reasons unknown to me. And that is only going to make things worse because Chioma is ignoring both of us.

Way to go, dumb guy.

___

Chioma's P.O.V

I just ended a long conversation with my family. We talked a bit about the burial and how it went. They're currently planning the service of songs. I talked to Mama, even though I didn't mention anything about Tobi and Mofe because of my mom's presence, I gave her a hint so she'd call me back personally when she was alone. I greeted my dad and he asked about my wellbeing and all, then the call ended.

Today was a mess. Just when I thought today was going well, when Dez appeared, Tobi and Mofe decided to spoil everything. Seriously, it's not like I was gonna get lost in a mall and even if I did, at least I knew my way back home. For the kidnap part, who would want to kidnap me, i'm not a billionaire's child. If there was someone they'd kidnap it'll be Tobi.

I've been ignoring Tobi and Mofe since we got home. I noticed Tobi was trying to talk to me but I didn't give him a chance unlike Mofe, he didn't even attempt to apologise. To think that we have a game on Friday and he's my partner. I won't talk to him let alone play with him.

One of the maids, Anna, aunty Anna as she's fondly called by me came to my room to ask if I was ready to eat but I couldn't because of the pizza I took with Desmond, my tummy was already full so she left. Aunty Anna was the only maid I bonded with, she was the one that offered to carry in my luggage when I first came here. She is old and really nice.

As she left the room, I heard another knock, I wondered why she'd come back to my room. She obviously didn't forget anything. She probably wants to force me to eat something small. How caring of her. I stood up to open the door and there stood Tobi, the least expected visitor. I was about to shut the door before he spoke.

"Can we atleast talk? Please!" He begged.

"You know what just say what you want and be fast about it. It's not as if whatever you're going to say is relevant" I wasn't in the mood to argue. Like I said, don't argue, just accept.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

No, stay there o and wait for me.

I gave him a blank stare before retreating back to the bed

He walked in and shut the door lightly. I was sitting on the bed waiting for his explanation. He looked at the bed then at the small couch then my bed again as if contemplating we're he'd sit. He finally made his way to my bed and sat next to me. Then he turned my face to look at him. I didn't push him or argue. I just accepted.

"Look, I didn't mean to offend you today but I was just worried sick about you. After our movie, we went to the shopping center to look for you, we called several times and you weren't picking. I was panicking. I started thinking of all the dangerous things that could have happened to you. I got scared" he confessed.

"When you finally picked the call, I was very angry and I couldn't hold it in but when you cut the call I became less angry because at least I knew you were alright. When we found you with that guy, I was...annoyed but then I didn't show it. I know I've offended you but I'm really sorry. Please forgive me?" he begged with pleading eyes.

"You're forgiven" I said.

"Thank you so much" He said.

We stared at each other for a while before he inched closer towards me making the air between us tense.

"Chioma?" He said in a whisper

Please can someone remind me how to breathe

I didn't know how or when he crashed his lips against mine. His body leaned over mine. His kisses went further as he kissed my neck and I gasped. Unlike my normal self, I didn't object his actions.

I think it's because I didn't feel like arguing, I just had to accept.

Yeah continue believing that!

_____________

Hallo! How was this chapter? (Someone please answer)

Special Thanks to my and only sisterFlorrieNAngie, my second partner in crime, one person that can annoy me to death. If not for you, this book would not be here. She's my inspiration. She's just like Chioma if not worse, very troublesome, a talkative, but I love her like that. Thank you for helping me with this book. Her book is coming out soon. Her first Nigerian book. Please Check it out. You won't regret the time and data spent to open it.

And also, Rara_Avosuahi, my partner in crime, my partner in Adbf, adex, OC, FS. My silent reader. Better start a commenting spree. I want to see lots of comments from you o. Thank you for your votes ❤

Teebarh My annoying reader, your comments crack me up and annoy me at the same time. Thank you for your votes and endless comments. I'm hoping to receive an annoying reply. 😂

essymofeWe haven't talked before but thank you for your votes.

Sky_teddy I love you. Thanks for your votes and comments.

A BIGGER thanks to all other readers. Ily. ❤

____

GOOBYE.
UNTIL MY NEXT UPDATE,
GIGI❤

🎶 A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather 🎶

🎶 I was praying that you and me might end up together 🎶

🎶 It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert but I'm holding you closer than most cause you are my heaven 🎶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 1.9K 40
They say no two persons are the same, and it's the truth. Some are lovers, some fighters, others are stars and let's not forget the ass-holes. We a...
12.6K 1.9K 32
Meet Channelle. A young, teenage girl moved from Abuja to Lagos, due to her father's new employment. For her last year of high school, her parents en...
180K 34.6K 50
****A Wattpad Featured Novel**** • • • (Book one) Many of us, have read lots of books and watched lots of movies, abo...
242 27 11
Odinma is bored. She's been bored ever since she couldn't find something that would hold her interest for an hour. She started trying out different...