First Imprint [Book 1] ✔️

Per xonceareaderx

Sam Uley's story. Nothing belongs to me. Not my book. All rights on it belong to IAMKATE Book originally p... Més

1 • Growth Spurt
2 • Changes
3 • Unexplainable
4 • The Truth
5 • Emily
6 • Wooing
7 • New
8 • Desperate
9 • Visitors
10 • Stay
11 • Heat
12 • Choice
13 • Lost
14 • Interruption
15 • Problem
16 • Discovery
17 • Secrets
18 • The Call
19 • Vampire
20 • Unexpected Break
21 • Chaos
22 • So That Happenend
23 • Date
24 • Practice
25 • Emily's Seduction
27 • Compromise
28 • Bad Idea
29 • Divided
30 • Abomination
31 • Leah's Defection
32 • Surprise
33 • Development
34 • Fear
35 • Vows
36 • Honeymoon
37 • Epilogue
• SEQUEL •
SEQUEL • QUIL
• NEW ONESHOT •
• POV ONESHOT •
Short Story On Nessie & Jake
EMBRY'S BOOK
LEAH'S BOOK

26 • War

982 17 1
Per xonceareaderx

SAM'S POV

I looked down at the note I had just written Emily.

Remember, don't worry. Everything's going to be fine.

I love you.

Sam

After giving it a second read through, I crept back into our bedroom where Emily was still sleeping and put my message on the pillow next to her. I really hoped it would give her some extra comfort today while the pack was out fighting the bloodsuckers. I leaned over and kissed Emily lightly on the forehead, careful not to disturb her, before quietly leaving the room. I was glad that she was going to be spending the day with Jared's imprint, Kim, and Sue Clearwater. They were all going to wait together at the Clearwaters' house for news on the Newborn War.

As I made my way into the backyard, I passed the pile of rain soaked blankets that Emily and I had used the previous night as a makeshift bed. I felt myself smiling briefly as I thought about what had taken place on those blankets. After we had made love in the rain, I had brought Emily inside, slightly worried that our overenthusiastic lovemaking might have hurt her. But she had been quick to reassure me that she was fine with how physical things had gotten between us.

Being a wolf sometimes had its limitations; our overly proportioned bodies were just one thing we had to worry about. Our strength was another. When a wolf had sex with a woman, we had to be careful to not hurt them. It was something that I'd worried about with Emily in the past. But I guessed making love to your imprint was a completely different experience. Emily and I were designed for each other. We fit together like two pieces of a puzzle. Last night proved that. It was a relief to know that Emily could handle our intimacy no matter how out of control it got.

As I headed towards the woods, I tried to force my memories of the night before out of my head. I didn't want to share what took place between me and my imprint with the rest of the pack. I attempted to phase, but it was really difficult to achieve the anger I needed when all I felt was happiness. I closed my eyes as I thought about the pack. I internally cringed at the idea of any of them seeing Emily lustfully through my mind. No fucking way were they going to see her like that. Especially Leah.

The constant guilt I always felt over how much I'd hurt Leah, mixed with my jealousy over any of the other guys inadvertently seeing Em naked because of me, quickly destroyed my euphoria. The familiar heat began to spread from the base of my spine and I phased shortly after. As I headed deeper into the forest, I felt the others join me.

Seth, are you on your way? I asked.

Yeah, almost there, Seth replied. He was going to take over guarding Bella from Jacob. I knew that Jake had spent the night with Bella up in the mountains.

You be careful, little brother, Leah said. Her mind instantly flashed to an image of Edward Cullen. Jacob had learned from Bella that her leech boyfriend was planning on staying with her and Seth during the fight. Leah wasn't happy that Seth was going to be so close to a blood drinker, even if it was a Cullen. But Jacob trusted Edward...even if he did hate the very sight of him.

If Edward attacks me, Seth grumbled, listening to our thoughts, at least it would give me something to do. Nothing else is gonna freaking happen. I'm just stuck babysitting. I should be with you guys.

I ignored him. I'd already had this conversation with him when I first told him of his assignment.

Collin, Brady, remember to keep out of sight while you're patrolling the rez, I told the youngest members of the pack. They were staying behind as I couldn't in good consciousness let two kids fight in the battle. If you get close to the Black property, be especially careful. Charlie Swan is going to be in the area. We don't need him to see you.

Sure thing, Sam, Collin replied. We saw Seth approach the campsite where Bella was being kept. There was no sign of Jacob, though Seth could pick up his scent along with the stench of Edward coming from the tent that had been set up.

Okay...I'm with Jacob. Let the babysitting commence, Seth whined.

The rest of the pack headed towards the clearing where we were meeting the Cullens. From a distance, I saw Jasper piling wood and grass together in the middle of the clearing. He was obviously getting things set up for a bonfire. The coven turned in our direction as we stepped out of the woods.

"Thank you again for doing this," the doctor said. I nodded my head and the Cullens went back to prepping for the battle.

What the hell! Seth suddenly stated.

What's going on? Leah asked, instantly worried as Seth began growling.

I think the bloodsucker and Jacob are fighting. I heard Jacob yell, and now there's a bunch of growling coming from inside the tent. Oh wait...here comes Jake.

"Give it a rest, Bella," we heard Jacob say as he stepped out of the tent before turning and zipping it closed with some force. He stripped out of his pants to phase.

I really don't need to see this, Leah mumbled. She started thinking of some lyrics to an obscure 80s song. I felt Jacob phase.

You all right? I asked him.

Yeah, Jake replied, though we could feel his underlining anger. I had to share a sleeping bag with Bella last night cause she was freezing. I got a little too cozy with her this morning and the leech took exception to it. No big deal.

Silence fell over us as we continued to watch the Cullens. Each of us were lost in our own thoughts. Jared started thinking about sex he'd had with Kim the night before, which of course triggered my memory of Emily before I could stop it. I could feel Leah's anger building so I forced myself to concentrate on the Cullens' activities. A few minutes went by when Jacob suddenly howled in pain. The Cullens immediately stopped what they were doing and turned to look in the direction the noise came from.

"What is it? Did the newborns change their minds? Are they coming from the mountains?" Jasper asked, instantly on alert as he ran over to us.

Bella's engaged, Jacob groaned. I shook my head at Jasper. His eyes narrowed on me in frustrated curiosity, but he turned and left.

Well, that should make for an interesting honeymoon, huh? Paul snickered and then we all winced as Jacob almost doubled up in pain.

Shut the fuck up, Paul, I snapped. Jacob, are you okay?

Yeah, Jacob said as he began to run away from the tent area. His depression hit all of us like an anvil, crushing us under its weight.

"Jacob," we heard Edward call out. We could see through Jake's eyes as Edward approached. "Bella needs to talk to you."

Why? She seems to have everything she needs, Jacob responded dejectedly, but he stopped running.

"Please Jacob. She won't be able to stop worrying about you if she doesn't see you. She needs to talk to you. If you care for her at all like you said, you'll speak to her."

I knew Jacob wanted to tell Edward to go fuck himself. Edward knew it too because he smiled sadly. Jacob sighed.

Sam, I'll be right back.

Okay, I replied. The air suddenly became permeated with a sickeningly sweet scent that began to irritate my nose. It started getting stronger. Hurry Jacob, they're coming.

The Cullens turned to stare off in the same distance that the smell was coming from. The doctor looked over at me and nodded. I nodded in return and the pack retreated into the woods.

Bella had created a false trail yesterday so that the newborns would be tricked into coming to the area we were in. The psychic vampire, Alice, had told us that the enemy bloodsuckers would split up and try to take the Cullens from two different sides. They didn't know that the pack would be waiting for them. I heard Seth suddenly start growling.

"It's just us, Seth," Jacob said in human form as he and Edward walked into the camp. Alice came over to me.

"Sam, I need to pass a message onto Edward," she told me. I saw Edward turn and look at Seth.

"Seth, can I talk to you for a minute?" Edward questioned, obviously hearing what Alice had said through our wolf connection.

Go with him, Seth, I told him cautiously. Leah whimpered. They walked a short distance before Edward spoke.

"Okay Alice, what is it?" Edward asked, looking at Seth. I glanced at Alice and nodded. She began speaking.

"The Volturi are coming," Alice told us. "They're going to wait until the newborns come here, probably hoping they'll finish us off, but they are coming. I just saw it."

"Okay," Edward said, looking even paler than normal if that were possible. I glanced at Alice and nodded so that she'd know he had received the message. She glanced at me worriedly before returning to her coven.

Edward turned to Seth. "Sam, when the battle is done, you and the pack need to leave the area as soon as possible. You don't want the Volturi to find out that you helped us. They would attack your entire tribe and with the powers they have, they would win."

They have powers like you? I asked, thinking of Edward's mind reading ability. He shook his head.

"They have powers, but not like me. They are the enforcers of our kind. They destroy anything that may lead to the exposure of our world. Though your pack is strong, they would decimate it in seconds and then would go after your kinsman next."

We could take them, Paul sneered. I noticed the concern and worry on Edward's face. He must genuinely fear these bloodsuckers to look like that. I slowly nodded.

If you think it best, I said, we will leave as soon as we are done.

"Good, thank you," Edward replied.

He and Seth started to make their way back to the tent. I felt Jacob phase. He was so happy that I was surprised he had even been able to do it. He started reliving in detail the fact that he had just kissed Bella...passionately.

Oh c'mon, I don't want to see this, Seth complained.

He and Edward had just gotten back to the camp. Edward froze as he read Jacob's thoughts, before rushing off to find Bella. Seth started pacing back and forth. I sighed. This was all we needed right now.

Seth, make sure Edward doesn't kill Bella or anything, I said tiredly.

He won't kill her, Jacob replied giddily.

What a friggin' slut, Leah sneered.

Which one? Bella or Jacob? Jared snickered.

Both. Paul laughed at the same time Leah said disdainfully, Bella! What a bitch.

Shut the hell up, Leah, Jacob yelled. Just because you're not getting any, doesn't mean you have to make the rest of us miserable.

Fuck you, tool, Leah replied angrily. Just because you're stupid enough to waste your emotions on an imbecile—who by the way STILL WON'T CHOOSE YOU—don't take it out on me.

Um, do you guys think you can concentrate a little bit? I asked sarcastically. As gripping as Jacob's love life is, in case you didn't notice, we're about to get swarmed with vampires.

We could hear them approaching. Jacob still had his mind on kissing Bella as he hurried towards us. We all collectively groaned in disgust as he finally arrived where we were waiting.

But... Quil started to say before quickly stopping. It was too late though. He had shown the entire pack what we had been trying to hide from Jacob...the fact that Bella was out of focus to the three of us who had imprinted. She had been ever since her leech boyfriend came back. Which meant that she was no longer miserable. The only way imprinted wolves could see women was if the woman was in pain.

"You can't see her anymore?" Jacob asked, his hope and happiness slowly draining out of him as he read the truth in our minds. In that moment Jacob knew. Kissing Bella hadn't changed anything. She would still choose Edward.

Jacob, you need to concentrate, I warned.

I looked over and saw a large group of bloodsuckers fast approaching. They were looking at the Cullens and murmuring to themselves, before they split into two groups.

Here they come, I said. I heard Seth growl. He wanted to be with us so badly.

Stay where you are, Seth, I ordered.

Ten newborns headed into the clearing. The other eight had gone left and were headed in our direction. They weren't paying attention to us. The Cullens and newborns suddenly ran at each other. Alice moved quickly towards a bulky leech. Jasper, upon seeing where she was headed, got to leech first, biting into the neck and ripping the head off. It bounced uselessly to the side. Emmett picked it up and started bouncing it back and forth on his knees like a soccer ball. It was actually kind of funny to see. Sadistic and sick...but funny. Even Paul chuckled.

Another large vampire headed towards the Cullen who I knew was Esme. The blonde female vampire and the doctor grabbed the vampire and each grabbed an arm, ripping it from the body.

I stopped watching as we focused on the eight vampires that were near us. They were about to enter the clearing. I was thankful that they hadn't picked up our scent yet. One finally stiffened as we quietly approached. She lifted her nose in the air and sniffed, before looking in our direction. Her eyes widened when she saw us. She opened her mouth to alert the others, but Leah being the fastest of us, lunged forward and took her down before she could even mutter a word.

Go after the large one, I instructed.

Quil and Jacob lunged at the one who seemed to be the leader and tore him in half. The other vampires drew back together in a group. They didn't know what to make of us.

Let's charge, Paul said anxiously.

No, let Sam lead, Jacob told the pack. We started circling around the vampires carefully.

Separate them, I stated. Don't let them protect each others' backs.

The pack charged at the remaining vampires we hadn't destroyed. They went running in the direction of the Cullens.

That's better. Force them towards the clearing, I ordered. We started running after them.

Seth! Leah suddenly yelled.

We sensed that Seth was standing still and alert. He was staring in the direction of a stench that was headed towards the area he was in. A ripping noise came from the tent that Edward and Bella had been occupying. Edward pushed the remaining vinyl out of his way as he stared at Seth. Bella blinked in confusion.

Two vampires are coming, Seth said with nerves and excitement. I'll leave and come up at them from the side. Surprise them.

"Go, Seth," Edward said, not even hesitating. Seth turned and headed into the forest.

Oh God, don't let anything happen to Bella, Jacob moaned. I could feel his longing to return to where Bella was. Leah was also getting restless. She wanted to help her brother.

Edward and Seth can take care of this, I told them. We need to focus on what we're doing here.

Leah howled in frustration and fear for her brother. We continued to chase the remaining vampires. I lunged and bit into a vampire's neck from behind. I sank my teeth in and pulled, the metallic sound it made pleasant to my ears.

At the same time I could see Seth flying back into the campsite. There were two vampires standing before him. One was the elusive redhead that we had been chasing for months.

Dumb fucking luck, Paul said enviously as he tore into the arm of a female leech.

Seth snickered as he charged at the redheaded vampire's male companion. Seth lunged and grabbed the bloodsucker's hand, ripping it from the body. The male leech stood up and kicked Seth. Pain ricocheted through all of us as we felt his shoulder crunch. Seth backed away. The redhead and Edward were now circling each other.

Seth lunged again and bit into the male's other arm. He dug his teeth in, pulled, and then took a moment to admire what he'd done. From the elbow to the wrist, half of the leech's arm was missing. The hand was barely attached. The male screamed in pain and anger before trying to swing out and hit Seth, who jumped out of the way. Leah whimpered again even as she and Esme tackled another vampire and started disassembling him.

He could hear Edward begin to taunt the redhead about her ex-mate. Edward was practically gleeful as he discussed how he'd killed him. Seth paused as he listened to Edward in what could only be described as hero-worship. His momentary distraction was enough for the male vampire to punch Seth's flank. Seth snapped at the male in anger.

Look at our little brother go. Embry chuckled before carrying his newly destroyed vampire towards the doctor who was now throwing body parts into the bonfire they had lit.

Through Seth, we saw the redhead and Edward swirl around each other even faster. Edward was mangling her body with each second that passed. The male leech stopped to watch his partner's fate. Seth attacked again, tearing off the rest of the vampire's already damaged forearm and hand. The male hit Seth with what was left of his arm. Seth went flying back under the contact.

Seth, pretend you're hurt and when he least expects it, attack! I ordered, while biting into another vampire. I heard Seth whimper for dramatic effect.

Overkill, dude, Jared laughed as he and Paul finished off another leech. There were only a couple more bloodsuckers left.

We heard Bella gasp. Edward suddenly sent the female flying into a tree before attacking the male. He ripped the male's other arm off with a metallic snap. The redhead got her bearings back and headed towards Bella. Edward turned around and whipped the male's arm at the female. It hit her hard, sending her crashing back.

Say what you want, but these Cullens have style, Quil joked.

Seth ran at the male again and tore off what was left of his stumpy arm. Seth shook his head and threw the mangled limb into the trees. He then lunged at the male full strength, knocking him into the woods where he grabbed the neck and beheaded the leech. For good measure he also tore off the legs.

I killed him! Seth shouted with glee. Score one for me.

Nah, it doesn't count as a full kill since Edward helped. Paul laughed.

Damn, Seth grumbled.

"Seth," Edward said. Seth looked over. For a vampire, Edward looked very tired.

"Grab all the pieces. We need to burn the bodies as soon as possible."

Bodies? The woman leech is dead? Seth asked. Edward smiled and nodded. All of us started cheering at this news.

As Seth and Edward went about gathering body parts, we helped the Cullens clean up the massacre in the clearing. There was one vampire left, a young girl with dark hair. She had apparently surrendered. The doctor was talking to her quietly as she laid cowering on the ground with Jasper standing over her.

"Nice teamwork," we heard Edward say and saw him holding out his fist to Seth. Seth laughed and butted his nose against the fist, ignoring the pain the scent caused.

Oh sick. Someone please tell me that my brother isn't going to turn into a leech lover, Leah said disgustingly.

We saw Bella grab Edward and start kissing him all over his face and neck. Pain shot through Jacob. Leah was about to say something sarcastic when something caught her attention. The smell of a live bloodsucker hit all of us.

Seth whined. Edward looked at him and asked what Leah was doing just as she took off running in the direction of the stench.

Leah, wait! You don't know where it is! Jacob yelled, chasing after her.

She just reached the woods when a bloodsucker lunged out from behind a tree. Jacob ran and head butted Leah out of the way just as the leech tried to grab her. He picked Jacob up instead and squeezed hard. All of us felt an incredible spasm of pain as Jacob's right side of the body got crushed. Seth howled and Edward dropped to the ground, his mind completely attuned to ours. He felt what we did.

Paul and I reached the vampire at the same time. I bit into the back of the neck, pulling him backwards. Paul grabbed an arm and bit into the shoulder. The vampire let go of Jake as he tried to fight us off. Jacob crashed to the ground with a loud thud. Leah ran over to him whimpering. Paul and I proceeded to tear the vampire to shreds before carrying the remains to the bonfire.

Jake, I'm so sorry, Leah cried. Jacob could only scream in agonized pain.

Nice freaking work, Leah, Quil snapped as he and Embry made their way over to them.

"Seth, no," we heard Edward suddenly say. We could feel Seth's desire to come check on Jacob. "You go straight home. Now, as fast as you can."

Listen to him, Seth, I told him, remembering Edward's warning about the Volturi. We need to get the pack out of here.

The vampire doctor ran over to us.

"May I?" he asked, looking at me. I nodded my head and watched as he ran his hands gently over Jacob. Jake whimpered in pain, causing the rest of us to flinch.

"Jacob, can you phase?" the doc asked. "I can't see the extent of the damage when you're like this."

No, I can't goddamn phase! Jacob screamed in agony.

I looked at the doctor and shook my head.

I'm going to change back, I told the pack. I ran behind a tree and quickly phased, untying my shorts from my leg and pulling them on. I went back over to the group.

"Sam," the doc said. "I need him to change back. I can't treat him while he's in wolf form."

"Carlisle, the Volturi will be here soon," Alice said urgently, running over to us.

"We need to leave," I responded and made a quick decision. I looked at the doc. "Will you come to the reservation later and check on Jacob?"

"Yes," the doctor said solemnly, running his hands over Jake again. "He's already healing, but I need to make sure everything is growing back correctly. I'll give you my number. Call me when you get him to the reservation."

I nodded and he told me the number.

"Jared, phase." I instructed, looking over at the brown wolf. Jared went behind the same tree I had and came back seconds later in human form.

"We need to get Jake out of here," I told him. "Help me carry him back to the rez."

Even with my strength, I didn't want to risk jostling Jacob by carrying him by myself. We leaned over and gently lifted him off the ground. As careful as we'd tried to be, Jake still whimpered. We turned and left the clearing, the rest of the wolves surrounding us as we went.
••••

IAMKATE STORIES

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4905675/26/First-Imprint-Sam-s-Story

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

18.1K 368 27
Althea is a genius, who moved to Forks, Washington from France after witnessing the death of her mother to live with her step-father and step-brother...
29K 559 47
this is a story about a girl Rebecca 'becky' Iverson who got her heart broken when her supposed mate dumped her for another woman, so she moves to fo...
17.3K 444 14
I was lost, I had no name, no future, I was used for my gifts. Then I was found, given a life, given a future, given everything. I am Philippa Holmes...
72.7K 1.5K 47
"He's got nice greenish-blue eyes, and beautiful brown hair, oh and he's so short, compared to me at least, but I don't mind, I find that very cute...