Almost Lover (Harry Styles)...

By Posh777

Ava McCain An aspiring song writer living in London with a secret past. Harry Styles A famous singer who mak... More

Cast & Story Info
Chapter 1: This is what I was born to do
Chapter 2: Hair or Tattoos
Chapter 3: Everybody Hurts Sometimes
Chapter 4: No Harm Love
Chapter 5: Literally Frozen
Chapter 6: Opportunity Knocks
Chapter 7: Memory Lane & Text Messages
Chapter 8: Change Your Life
Chapter 9: Lover-Boy
Chapter 10: Wrecking Ball
Chapter 11: Barfights and "Goodnight"s
Chapter 12: Saturday Hangover
Chapter 13: Sunday Brunch
Chapter 14: Friends
Chapter 15: "Goodbye London."
Chapter 16: Falling
Chapter 17: A Confession and A Wager
Chapter 18: Evening the Score
Chapter 19: Let Her Go
Chapter 20: "Stop Thinking."
Chapter 21: "Not a Chance."
Chapter 22: The Not So Great Escape
Chapter 23: Inspiration and Pub Brawls
Chapter 24: When I Was Your Man
Chapter 25: Karaoke and A Huge Step Forward
Chapter 26: Text Messages and Twitter Pics
Chapter 27: Soundcheck Revenge and CPR
Chapter 28: "We sort of have company."
Chapter 29: A Not So Good Start
Chapter 30: The Truth
Chapter 31: Breakfast and....
Chapter 32: "It was bloody amazing."
Chapter 33: Toasts and Secrets
Chapter 34: "I Love Cereal."
Chapter 36: "Tell me."
Chapter 37: "Keep going."
Chapter 38: She was Right
Chapter 39: Words of Wisdom
Chapter 40: Sheet Music and Shaving Cream
Chapter 41: Hiking
Chapter 42: "I dont know."
Chapter 43: The Plan
Chapter 44: Waiting
Chapter 45: "I want revenge."
Chapter 46: Heartbreak All Over Again
Chapter 47: "You know."
Chapter 48: "Over."
Chapter 49: Jokes Laughs and Racing Hearts
Chapter 50: Love Looking Back
Chapter 51: Love The Way You Lie
Chapter 52: Fan-girling and Extra Pressure
Chapter 53: Lies and Bets
Chapter 54: Testing Testing
Chapter 55: To Do or Not to Do That is the Question.
Chapter 56: "Okay."
Chapter 57: "I'll stay with you every night."
Chapter 58: Halo
Chapter 59: Secret Plans
Chapter 60: Friday
Chapter 61: "I'm with Kelsey Worthington."
Chapter 62: "You need to go. Now."
Chapter 63: Estates Holdings and Threats
Chapter 64: Emotional
Chapter 65: Stalker or Romantic?
Chapter 66: Tweets
Chapter 67: Making Plans and Saying Sorry
Chapter 68: Surprise After Surprise
Chapter 69: A Bad Day
Chapter 70: "I am afraid."
Chapter 71: Images
Chapter 72: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 73: "It's called love."
Chapter 74: A Night Out
Chapter 75: "I'm Yours."
Chapter 76: "I'll go get him."
Chapter 77: Wise Advice or a Drunken Rant?
Chapter 78: Signing Shopping and Sighing
Chapter 79: A Perfect Dress and A Decision?
Chapter 80: Girl's Night or Plans?
Chapter 81: "A french saying."
Chapter 82: A Secret
Chapter 83: A Beautiful Dress a Present and a Castle
Chapter 84: Three Words
Chapter 85: "What did you do?"
Chapter 86: "Make me not feel anything."
Chapter 87: Heartbreak and a Text Message
Chapter 88: "Let me go."
Chapter 89: A Punch in the Face and A Plane Ride
Chapter 90: I can move on.
Sequel: All of Me

Chapter 35: No Going Back

16.6K 562 104
By Posh777

-Poppy's POV-

As Harry begins to play and the lads all start singing, Niall wraps his arm around my shoulders and hands me another beer.

I can't help but watch Ava. She's so bloody happy when she's around Harry. He's a cheeky bastard, but he really is perfect for her. I can slowly see the walls she's built up coming down. It's like he brought her back to life.

I just wish they would push on with it already. The sexual tension between those two even gets me worked up, resulting in one very lucky Niall.

I swear when I met the man he was like a scared kitten, but now he even surprises me in the bedroom, and that's saying something. His fit little arse never disappoints.

The song they all are singing is smashing, but it's our last night here and I plan to make a proper go of it. Tomorrow we all parts ways, and I'm not sure when we will see each other again.

The song ends and everyone gives a round of whistles and cheers.

After dinner Gemma, Aston, and Calum decide to go for a swim in the pool, leaving the rest of us to roast marshmallows.

Niall repeatedly tries to roast me the perfect one but ends up burning it to a crisp every time. He's gutted but I assure him he can make it up to me later.

"So have you two finally set a date yet?" Luke asks Zayn and Perrie.

"Not yet mate, there's no rush." Zayn answers him.

"But we are doing some planning for it." Perrie adds, "We have a location picked out and a few other things. Oh, and Ava is going to write us a song!"

"I'm going to try." Ava speaks up. The girl is always so unsure of herself. I miss being the one to push her out of her comfort zone, but I think that's Harry's job now.

"You're going to smash it." Zayn assures her.

"What about you two?" I ask Louis and Eleanor. I laugh to myself at the darts Louis is shooting at me with his eyes.

"We are happy with what we are right now." Eleanor smiles at me.

"Yes Poppy, very happy." Louis raises an eyebrows at me, "What about you and Niall?"

I laugh, poor lad thinks he is going to make me uncomfortable. Unfortunately he is an amateur trying to play the game with a world champion.

"I think we are both satisfied right now with proper bonks, heavy snogging, and tossing off to each other on the phone." I respond proudly.

Niall chokes on his drink and spits it out. I smack him on the back to help him recover and then give Louis my sweetest smile.

Eleanor quickly speaks up, trying to change the conversation, "What I want to know is when you are planning on having babies!?"

"Really El?" Louis complains. "Sorry Zayn, she is down right obsessed with the messy little buggers."

Eleanor slaps Louis on the arm before continuing, "All girls want babies Louie!"

My eyes fly towards Ava, who shifts uncomfortably on her blanket. This could go to shite very quickly.

"We definitely do, but that' s a ways down the road!" Perrie answers her as Zayn nods his head in agreement.

"Oh I can't wait to be a mother!" Eleanor squeals, making Louis groan.

She just laughs him off. "Oh please Louie! I know you and Harry talk about you both wanting kids all the time!"

A big smile takes over Harry's face, making Ava even more uncomfortable.

I need to change this conversation right now, "So I was thinking that.."

Eleanor cuts me off mid-sentence, "What about you Ava?! Do you want babies?"

Shit shit shit Eleanor! Why can't you just keep your mouth shut!?

Ava's eyes lock with mine begging me for help, "Um, well I.."

"Come on El, that's quite enough baby talk!" I cut in, "We all are still young after all. There's plenty of time for all that!"

"Fine fine" Eleanor throws her hands up in defeat making me breath a sigh of relief.

"Well I for one think you would be a splendid mum!" Harry informs Ava, making me want to give him a proper kick to his bollocks.

Ava suddenly jumps up and I feel like a complete failure of a best mate. I can tell she is on the verge of losing it.

"S-sorry but I n-need to go to bed." She chokes out.

I feel absolutely wretched as she rushes off towards the house.

"What the hell was that about?" Louis asks.

"None of your bloody business." I inform him.

Poor Harry looks totally lost. He sits there for about a good two minutes before he gets up and starts to get up to go after her.

"Harry don't."

He ignores me and begins to head towards the house. I quickly get up and follow him.

When I know we are out of earshot from the group I call out to him again.

"Harry!"

He keeps going and I have a feeling I'm going to have to get into a full on scrap with him.

I catch up to him and grab ahold of his arm, "Harry, fucking stop!"

"Sod off Poppy! She's upset... am not just going to let her go off like that."

I'm usually impressed with Harry's sharp remarks towards me, not many people tell me to sod off. I tend to instill a fear that I'm very proud of. But right now, I'm not to keen on his response.

"Harry, I swear to god if you go after her right now I will beat the shite out of you."

"No."

"You have got to let this one go Harry."

"Why? What the hell just happened?"

I almost feel sorry for the poor lad, "I can't tell you that."

"Bloody hell Poppy! If you won't tell me then I'm going after her."

"That would be a mistake."

"Why? She's upset and she needs me right now."

"No she doesn't."

"Yes she does." He raises his voice.

He's pissed, I see it all over his face. It's sweet how protective he is over her, but I'm not backing down on this.

"This is a lot bigger than you and her Harry. Now trust me and leave it alone."

"Then tell me what the shit just happened!" He yells at me.

"It's not my business to tell!" I yell back. Now I'm proper pissed off as well.

"Fuck Poppy! I'm so bloody sick of all these fucking secrets!"

"Well poor you! You've spent the last three years becoming rich and famous and living your dream. Ava's spent the last three years in hell! So if she wants to keep that to herself and not share it with someone who she's known about two whole minutes then you should just fuck off!!

Now I've really pissed him off. His face is red and his hands are in fists. If I was a lad I'm sure he would have popped me in the jaw by now.

"Don't you fucking say that. I know it wasn't that long ago we met... but I know her better than anyone, including you!" He growls at me.

The bastard has just stepped over the line and now I'm fuming.

"Oh really?! If you know her SO well, then please tell me why she pushes you away!"

"I don't need to explain anything to you!"

I scoff at him, "Just like I thought, you don't bloody know!"

"I know she is afraid because she was hurt so badly."

"Really? Wow that's a news flash!"

"I know he beat the shit out of her and that's why it's so hard for her to trust anyone."

I can't help but laugh, "You are so daft! You really think she's the way she is just because he hit her?! You don't know her at all!"

"Fuck you Poppy. You know I'm the only person who can help her move past all her shit! I care about her more than fucking breathing. Now stop being such a bitch and just help me!"

I want to slap him across the face, about 100 times, but I know he's right. Damn him!

Silence surrounds us as I decide what I should do. He really is what she needs to be able to move on. Bloody hell, I can't believe I'm going to do this.

"She's going to hate me for this. I could literally lose her as a friend for this Harry."

"Poppy please." He begs me.

"If I tell you this and you hurt her I swear I won't ever help you again. I will do everything in my power to make sure you never get her back. Ever."

He takes in the seriousness of the situation before he responds, "I won't hurt her Poppy. I won't."

I take a deep breath. There's no going back after this. He will want to know everything. And when he does, Scott is as good as dead.

"Her name was Maddie."

Confusion takes over his face, "Who's Maddie?"

"Maddie is the baby Ava lost."

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 47 20
Ava, an aspiring young model, lives her life day by day. A chance encounter with Ed Sheeran leaves her with more questions than answers until someone...
564K 18K 50
What is Love at first sight? Getting butterflies in your stomach or having your palms sweat buckets? What defines it, and is it even possible to happ...
538K 12.1K 66
"Completely in awe of you." --------- Amelia Moore is simple in herself, but her mind is complex. It doesn't take much to make her smile and she has...
195K 5.9K 50
When the love in her life turns sour, independent, headstrong Bailey Duncan shuts that part of her life down completely, focusing only on her future...