FATHER OF MY CHILD... Mr Holl...

By Zeeeeee

Katie moves to LA from London to escape a life of being under her sibling's shadows. A great job is waiting f... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 28

4K 193 19
By Zeeeeee

HEY GUYS... sorry for the late upload... still have those issues going on... enjoy and thank you for reading :)

CHAPTER 28

The flight to New York is as silent as fate. I would have been happier in economy class seated next to a chatty Cathy if I'd known that it'd be so awkward. Ashton is asleep before me with his legs spread far apart in a comfortable position whereas I sit rigid looking out the window at clouds that lost their splendour about 30 minutes into the flight.

"Would you like something now Miss?" I turn to face the airhostess with wide eyes. I have been saying no to her every 7 minutes – you'd think she'd have got the message by now. I'm afraid if I send her away with another refusal, she will be back to ask the same question.

For some reason, I look towards Ashton who hasn't moved an inch then back to the air hostess who looks hopeful. I stand from my seat; ask for directions to the toilet and she's happy to the lead the way.

Coming in, I was so nervous that I didn't take in any of my exquisite surroundings and now as I go to the back of the plane, I gape at the things money can buy. All around, I see luxury – from the cream sofas to the 6 seater dining table right next to them. Just as I pass by a slightly opened compartment, my eyes catch sight of a bed causing a gasp.

"Wow." I don't realise I said it out loud until the airhostess responds.

"Takes my breath away every time I see it too." She opens the door and gestures for me to get it. I step through, take in my surroundings then pop my head out of the door and look at her dazed. "Are you serious?" I mouth, pointing towards the toilet to which she laughs.

"The plane looks small on the outside... whoever built it used the space inside wisely." She utters.

"I could sleep in here." I say, looking back towards the toilet. The shiny interior is something that can make someone's mouth water.

"You can, as long as you make your way to your seat before we land." She replies with a smile. "If you need me, ring for me." I nod and watch her disappear the way we came.

Once alone, I do everything but use the toilet. I start by feeling the towels that seem to have been plucked from one of the clouds outside then go for the soap shaped and wrapped like sweets. I have seen this type of luxury in the Bevilacqua mansion but the interior of the house is classy and vintage. This here is modern and sleek – I cannot get enough of it.

"Mum..." I call as soon as she answers my face time call. Her face is way too close to the screen. "mum... mum... pull the phone away from your face so I can see you better." She does as I instruct and as soon as Emma's smile comes into view my own fills the screen. "Hey honey... are you being good for nana?" I question, my smile widening as she nods. "Did you have your dinner?" she nods again as if she's forgotten how to talk.

"Are you sure it's okay to talk on video honey?" mum queries, drawing my attention to her. She looks visibly worried, the furrowed brow and lip nibble.

"Of course mum." I lie. I have no idea if it's okay and thinking about it brings a weakness to my already relaxed knees so I change the subject. "You okay, mum... you look tired."

"It's your child," she says. "I'm too old for this." She adds with a smile and from Emma's squeal, I presume she's tickling her. I grow silent for a second as I watch them.

"Thanks for this mum... I really appreciate it."

"I know honey... now get off the phone before you blow up that plane and kill your child's father."

I'm surprised her comment makes me laugh but I compose myself almost immediately and look at Emma horrified. Her eyes are away from the screen looking at something. I don't know if I should be terrified or impressed because Emma always seems to not to hear a word when it comes to slip ups from people regarding her father. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks about him but I'm afraid asking her will only open a can of worms.

"Mum." I scold.

"You'll get over it honey. Bye now." Without another word, she hangs up leaving me with a gaping mouth. I'm surprised she can joke in such a situation and what's even worse is that I laughed at her joke. I stand from my comfort and open the door only to fall back at the sight of Ashton. He's leaning on the other side with his arms crossed and his eyes closed.

"Ashton... you scared the crap out of me." I exclaim, clutching my chest. Ashton's eyes lazily open and watch mine for a moment and this instantly causes a panic in me. Did he hear anything?

"Sorry." His eyes close again as he pushes himself off the wall and falls into the doorway. He gives his head a shake and proceeds to come inside but his steps are not firm like they normally are. They are quite sluggish.

"Ashton... are you okay?" I question, placing my hands on each side of him to steady him. I lead him to the covered toilet where he sits and meets his head with the wall behind him. His eyes are still closed and his cheeks are flushed. I extend my hands to his cheek and as soon as my fingertips graze his skin, his eyes pop open.

"Geez... your hand is freezing."

I shy away from the connection so I break contact but Ashton's large hand is quick to circle mine. His hand falls to his knee, taking mine with it.

"You have a fever..."

He inhales deeply before he speaks. "Maybe you can cool me down." I cannot help but smile at his comment. I'm grateful that his eyes are still closed because I don't want him to know that I find his little remark amusing.

"You mean cool IT down." I emphasise, watching his face a little too fondly. I want to escape but the heat between our hands prevents me from doing so. I'm afraid I will miss it once I break the link.

"Not IT... me." He says between a smirk and throws me a look before closing his eyes again.

"I'm glad you have the energy to joke in your current state." He doesn't retort so I kneel from my squat and watch his lips part making me wonder if he's fast asleep again. His face is so interesting and looking at him closely, I can see traces of my daughter in him.

"So what are you waiting for?" His raspy voice comes a moment later startling me.

"Huh."

"I'm waiting for the cool down." He laughs, then winces and lets my hand go. "I wonder what nonna put in that damn tea."

I stand to wet the towel then ask. "She gave you something to drink?" It's quite odd because Mrs Ainsworth never touches the food or drinks and always instructs us to do it.

"Yeah... she always gives me her special tea when I get a cold... I never learn... always take the damn drink and end up like this."

A smile is back on my lips as I watch his nose crease. He looks so uncomfortable. I reach my hand to touch him again but I stop myself before I make that mistake. I already checked for a fever – there are no more excuses I can use to touch him.

"I think we should move to the bed."

His eyes open wide this time as his brows knits together. "I don't think that's a good idea." I cock my head to the side confused. "That'll only heat things up."

"How do you always..."

"Have the right things to say?" He stands abruptly making me stumble back into the sink. I keep my eyes at his shoulder afraid that if I look up, my breath will freeze over.

Ashton walks out giving me space to think and breathe. I follow behind him and watch him turn into the compartment with the bed. I proceed towards the front of the plane and find the airhostess at the bar section. I'm amazed once more unable to believe that my nervousness made me miss all of this.

"Can I please have a bucket of ice water and two small towels?"

She's quick and in no time, I'm on my way making sure to take some fever reducers with me.

I find Ashton in a position that takes me out of the small room for a second. When I enter again, I try to avoid looking at his naked torso but my traitorous eyes keep wondering. I am slow and quiet with my movements even though I know that once the cold towel hits his body, he will have no choice but to stay wide awake from the torture.

Rather than sit on the bed, I kneel besides it and place the bucket of ice on the bedside table.

"Ashton." I call. I need to prepare him for what's coming. He found my fingertips unbearable early – towels dipped in ice will probably paralyse him.

"Hey..." he turns his head and looks at me. "Why are you on the floor?"

"I'm okay..."

"Get up here." He scoots over but barely creates any more space.

"I'm really okay." He gives me a serious look that tells me he won't ask again so I get off my knees and sit on the bed. More comfort. I almost fall asleep on the spot.

As soon as I dip my hand in the bucket, a chill runs through me. I ring the towel and fold it so it'll fit Ashton's forehead. He looks so big and strong no wonder I didn't notice his state earlier. He just seems so invincible.

"You ready?" I question. He nods and I progress to placing the cloth on his forehead. He goes rigid for a moment then his teeth break into a chatter.

"Geez Katie... A-are y-you trying t-to k-kill me?"

"Sorry." I apologise, reaching for another towel.

"Another one?" he sounds terrified. I guess I'm enjoying it because my lips break into a smirk as I place the towel unfolded onto his chest. This time he yelps and throws me a sharp look.

"What?" I shrug. "It's for your own good." I take the towel from his chest, lift his arm and use the towel to cool his body. His fever is so high, I can feel it on my back and it's nowhere near him.

Once I'm done, I reach for the fever reducer. Ashton takes it and I'm surprised he falls fast asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

When we land, my mind is baffled once more at how much time those with money save during their time at the airport. When we got onto the plane, Ashton only had his car keys, wallet and phone in his hands which I found odd but didn't question. It was straight to the car without any security checks and off to our destination without much struggle. I brought with me a small suitcase and I'm yet to see it.

"Ashton." I call as I turn to face him. I find him watching me and it takes me aback. I'm instantaneously self-conscious, looking away to hide the fact that I am flustered.

"So it's back to Ashton now?"

He's teasing me again. I look at him through narrowed eyes pretending I don't know what he's talking about.

"Sorry?"

"Mr Bevilaqua doesn't ring any bells?" I smile remembering my childish outburst weeks ago and bury my face in my hands as I erupt into an aggressive laugh. I'm so embarrassed I could jump out of the car right now.

"I called you Ashton the other day." I say after my laughter dies down. I stare at my palms waiting for him to speak.

"Thought the shock of seeing me after so long brought it out of you..." He jokes. I want to tell him that he's so full of himself but the words don't come. "So what is it that you want to ask me?" I turn to him confused before I remember that I was the one who started this conversation.

"Oh yes... where's the luggage?"

"Had it sent to the hotel"

I turn my body towards him as far as it can go so I don't have to strain my neck to look at him. "Why? Do you have a schedule this late that we have to go to?" I don't remember seeing anything on his schedule for today. My heart begins to pound wondering if I have already made a mistake on the first day.

"No we don't." he says with a smile. I really do wonder if everything I say to him amuses him that much since he has never responded to what I've said or asked without throwing me his signature beam. "We're going out to eat."

I open my mouth to protest but the car stops clamping my words to my throat. Are we here already? I conclude that we are once Ashton opens the door. I dive and close, adding a sigh of relief.

"Maybe we should order room service." My words come out between pants. "And besides you're not feeling well."

"I'm afraid we can't do that." I turn to face him and instantly curse in my mind, realising that I am practically in his lap. I get up too quickly and in a panic I stand only to hit my head on the roof of the car. The pain is instant but I smile through it and say I'm okay despite Ashton making a fuss. To escape his concern and my obvious embarrassment, I do something stupid and get out of the car.

The flashes hit before the noise does. I fumble to get back into the car but the door is closed. My embarrassment is long forgotten and now, I'm struck with fear. I turn to face the car in order to avoid the sparks and watch Ashton's smiling face making its way round the back of the car. Behind him, I see Trevor's serious hand swatting away hands that get too close and behind him a team are keeping the camera bearers away from Ashton's vicinity.

All the attention is on Ashton now which means that no one around me is paying attention to where they're stepping.

Luckily, the rescue is successful and about 10 minutes later, Ashton and I are sitting silently at the bar waiting for a table. There are so many questions I would like to ask him – like – where did Trevor come from and his team of bodies. Won't it cause problems for him and Francesca when pictures of him with me surface? How do the paparazzi always know where to find him? I however say nothing. Ashton excuses himself to go to the bathroom but not before asking me to order him a drink.

"Hey."

"Hey." I call back, swallowing my delicious alcohol free cocktail. I'm facing Ashton directly so I'm able to see his bright face darken with confusion once he takes his seat. He inhales deeply as his hand reaches for the drink I ordered for him. He takes a swig of the drink then holds the glass at arm's length inspecting it further. "Is it too sour?" I ask. "I asked her to put in a bit more lemon juice. Sorry. I thought."

To my surprise Ashton's lips stretch into a grin. "How did you know about?" He tilts his glass to let me know what he's talking about.

"Hm?"

"The drink... how did you know about it?" he repeats. I heard him, I just don't know why he chooses to ask me this question but I think of how to answer him. Nothing comes. It's just something that popped out of my mouth whilst I was making the order – something I hadn't forgotten – like riding a bike.

I settle for "Wild guess." He gives me a – really – look then takes another swig. "You must have told me about it sometime." I add suddenly getting anxious. I don't like what my body is trying to tell me but I might be in trouble.

"Wild guess huh." He repeats, ignoring the last words I said. I don't know how to respond to that so I keep quiet. "I haven't had this drink in so long I almost forgot the taste of it." My breath catches in my throat as realisation hits. I turn my body away from Ashton and face the bar directly hoping the ground opens up and swallows me whole. How is it even possible that I remembered such a small detail and how was I stupid enough to order this drink without questioning myself on why I chose it particularly. 

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4K 68
In this story Hannah gets raped by Sean and ends up getting pregnant. She tries to keep it a secret from the girls for as long as possible until A st...
693 23 18
Warning this story may contain mature themes. They met before. He's famous and she is just a normal women. But it's now been just over two years si...
2.9K 145 30
The beauty of life is living it, what makes life fun is the secrets held within it. Amelia's life has always been perfect. She's looked up to and cr...
215 10 24
He was from Jamaica.... She was from London.... Something that once started as a simple 'hey' on social media leads them to not just falling in love...