Long Sleeves are my Friend [C...

By couch_x_potato

Emilia Stone is a Junior in high school who is just trying to get through her year. She struggles with her da... More

Prologue ✔
Chapter 1 ✔
Chapter 2 ✔
Chapter 3 ✔
Chapter 4 ✔
Chapter 5 ✔
Chapter 6 ✔
Chapter 7 ✔
Chapter 8 ✔
Chapter 9 ✔
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
NEW BOOK
Hey Everyone!

Chapter 38

36.9K 1.1K 479
By couch_x_potato

Read A/N at end please :)

--Xander's P.O.V.--

It's been weird not having Emilia live next to us. We still hang out though. It just hasn't been as much as before. We are actually at Adams house again because he literally has a game room.

Emilia, Tony, and Adam are playing against each other. Emilia and Adam are neck and neck right now. I can see Adam getting a little nervous. He was usually the best player out of all of us and that might not be for long.

"No!" Adam yells in disbelief.

"You beat the master!" I say shaking her shoulders. She lets out a laugh before we turn to Adam who has a pout on his face.

"Awe Adam, You're still the best. I only beat you once," she says.

"But we have never beat him ever," Tony adds with a laugh.

"Well you suck Tony, so it's nothing new," Adam laughs.

"Whatever," He grumbles to himself

"So Adam. How did the study thing go with Travis? You never told us," Clara asks. We look at him and see his features fall slightly.

"We actually talked for a while after he helps me with some work. He's straight but he was really chill about me being gay. It was kind of embarrassing but he wasn't rude about it," Adam says looking down with a shallow smile. 

"I'm sorry Adam. There will be someone out there for you," Clara says resting her hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I hope so," he says with a smile.

I feel Emilia phone vibrate and she glances at her phone.

"It's time for me to go. My parents are having friends over tonight," she says. My face falls and I nod my head sadly and start getting up.

"I have to get home too anyway Xander I can take her home," Clara adds in.

"Okay, if that's alright with you?" I ask Emilia looking down at her. She nods.

"Yeah, you can stay and hang out with Tony and Adam," She says giving me a hug before leaving. I watch as she leaves before plopping on the chair with a long sigh.

"What's wrong Xander?" Tony asks with a slightly worried expression. I let out another sigh.

"I just feel me and Emilia are growing apart? I don't know. It's just been harder to get together. Her parents are always doing things with her and I understand. She needs to spend some time with her family but it still bums me out," I say sadly. I know she needs time with her family but she doesn't come around as often as she used to.

"It will be okay. It is a little harder to do that when you aren't that close together anymore," Tony says with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Yeah, I know. It just always seems like she has plans, but that could just me being..." 

"A clingy boyfriend?" Adam says with a smirk on his face.

"If that's what you want to call it, then fine," I mumble.

My phone rings in my pocket and I pull my phone out and see my mother texted.

"Hey gotta head out any way I guess. I'll talk to you guys later," I say, sliding my phone back in my pocket while standing from the chair. 

They say their goodbyes and I head out the door, towards my car. I hop in and drive back home.

----

Once I arrive I enter the house and see my mom stand just as I enter. She looks at me with a huge smile on her face. Confusion crosses my features because she hasn't been this happy in a while.

"Mom? What is it?" I question as I take a long stride over to her.

"I'm really surprised about this but I got my job back at the hospital!" She squeals in excitement. My eyes widen in surprise and I pull her into a hug.

"Mom that's amazing! How did this happen?" I ask.

"I don't know they just called saying I had my job back," she says with a slightly shocked expression.

  --Emilia's P.O.V.--  

After Clara dropped me off, I went up the stairs to get ready for the dinner tonight. She has invited some friend of Marks over. I put on a semi-formal dress and slip on my flats before fixing my hair. As I exit my room, I grab my cardigan, slipping it on as I go down the stairs. I walk to the kitchen and greet mom as I give her a hug.

"Hello dear. How was it at your friend's house?" She asks as she takes the roast out of the oven.

"It was good," I say simply, taking a seat on the chair by the island.

It's been nice living with my mom again. I've been getting to know Mark more as well. Me and my mom have slowly started building our relationship again. I have gotten closer to Mark as well but not enough to call him dad yet.

I hear a knock on the door and turn towards my mother.

"Can you get the door for me please?" She asks as she starts grabbing some plates. I nod my head and walk towards the door. I slowly open it and get greeted with a tall and intimidating looking man, with a women standing close to his side. I notice another guy standing behind the two. I'm guessing their son.

"Hello. I'm Emilia," I say extending my hand. The women grasps my hand shaking lightly.

"Hello. I'm Shannon," She says politely.

"I'm Harold and this is our son, Mathew," The man says pointing slightly behind him. He waves with an uninterested look in his eyes.

"Nice to meet you all. Come on in," I say opening the door wider and watch as the step over the threshold. Mark comes from downstairs greeting them.

"Hello, Harold. I'm glad you guys could come tonight," he says.

"I can never turn down the wonderful dinner made by your wife," He says with a small laugh. Small chuckles erupt from the three as I let a smile cross my face. I glance at Mathew and notice he looks like he doesn't want to be here.

"Dinner is ready! Everyone can have a seat," My mother says from the dining room. Mark lead the way as they follow behind, taking a seat at the dining table.

"This looks wonderful Lily," Shannon says, as everyone starts digging in.

"Thank you," she replies. Mark and Harold start talking about business stuff and my mom and Shannon start talking about fashion. Apparently, Mark and Harold own the hospital together. 

I take a quick glance at Mathew to see him staring at his plate picking at his food. I open my mouth to speak but not knowing really what to say, so I instantly shut it. I just 'listen' to my mom's conversation and continue to eat.

----

Once dinner was done and, me, my mom and Mark have finished cleaning the kitchen, we head towards the living room.

"Emilia, would you take Mathew to your room to hang out. We are going to be talking about boring business stuff," Mark asks with a smile. I nod my head and awkwardly walk up the stairs, with Mathew close behind. I push my door open and watch as he enters while looking on his phone. 

He walks around my room, looking at everything.

"What school do you go to? I don't think I have seen you at ours before," I ask him, trying to strike up a conversation. He looks at me before shrugging.

"I go to private school," He simply says as he looks at my desk.

"Do you have any hobbies?"

"Not really," he says as he walks towards my bookshelf.

"Okay," I mumble

"What do yo-"

"Look, Emily. I don't care for small talk," He interrupted as he takes a step towards me, getting in my personal space.

"Then what do you want to talk about?" I say take a step back again. I hit the edge of my bed and he takes a step forward again.

"Maybe no talking?" He asks, as he gently grabs my hair between his fingertips.

"I have a boyfriend," I say trying to push him away. He looks up with an eye roll.

"That's what they all say," he mumbles with a breathy laugh.

"I do," I state firmly. He smirks down at me.

"They all say that before they start making out with me. Practically begging me but that is until..." He trails of softly caressing my cheek and I swat his hand away and watch as he smiles at me.

"Until what?" I question. He steps back and starts laughing. I just stare, not finding this amusing.

"Until they find out I'm gay," He smirks. I stood shocked for a moment.

"Oh..." I say not really knowing what else to say.

"'Oh', that's a new one. Usually, they are angrier than that," he laughs, flopping on my bed.

"Well like I said before, I have a boyfriend," I say sitting on my bed.

"Well, funny thing is, my parents don't know, if you couldn't tell," he says with a half laugh, as hurt flashes his features for a quick second before turning stoic once again.

"Have you told them?" I ask. He turns over with a raised eyebrow and scoffs.

"They are homophobic dick-bags. 'How could our son be gay?'. I could see it now," He chuckles darkly.

"I'm sorry," I whisper as I pick at my fingers.

"Not your problem to deal with," he says laying down on my bed with a huff as he closes his eyes. 

"Why would you tell me that?" I ask curiously. He smiles.

"So you don't think there is any chance I would like you," He states turning onto his side to face me.

"I guess it's good that you didn't instantly think I was gay, but that's also the struggle. You never know who is or isn't, but it doesn't matter, my parents would kick me out or send me to a configuration camp or some shit if they found out I was gay," He sighs. 

"I don't fully understand what you could be going through but you can talk to me about it," I say genuinly. He smiles.

"Thanks," He says as he grabs his phone from his pocket.

"I actually have a friend who is gay too," I say. He raises an eyebrow putting his phone back in his pocket, seeming very interested in my 'news'.

"Whats his name?" he asks.

"Adam," I say.

"Whats his last name?" he says sitting up.

"Olsen," I reply. He probably wont know him since he goes to private school.

"I know him, Oh my god, I didn't know he was gay," He says genuinely surprised. Well guess I was wrong.

"How do you know him?" 

"His parents are friends with mine, yada yada," He says.

"Maybe you guys could hang out," I say as his smile fades.

"Yeah, but what would our parents think?"

"They don't have to know specifically all the details, just act like best friends, you know?" I say. 

"Oh yeah, duh," He laughs while facepalming. I laugh at him.

----

For the next few hours, we talk about random stuff and about Xander a little.

"I just feel like he thinks I'm always leaving you know? My family is always doing stuff with me and I just don't want him to think that," I say with a sorrowful feeling washing over me.

"I think he understands, he seems like a great guy, so I think he'll be okay," Mat says.

I turn my head when I hear a knock on the door. The door opens and my mom walks in with a smile.

"Seems you guys have gotten along, but its time for you to go, Mathew," she says. We stand and head out the door, down steps.

We say our goodbyes and I look at my parents as they talk silently before looking at me.

"We are gonna go to bed Emilia, goodnight sweetheart," she says squeezing me into a hug. 

"Goodnight mom," I reply back before releasing her. I look at Mark and see him smile.

"Good night Emilia," He says and starts to head out, but I stop him pulling him into a hug. He seems shocked, not wrapping his arms around me but soon does.

"Good night Mark," I say releasing him and heading up the stairs.

I get ready for bed and then flop onto it getting under the cover. I pull my phone out and text Xander.

Me: Goodnight Xander

Your Awesome Boyfriend: Goodnight Emilia 😘

I smile before putting my phone on the charger and soon fall asleep.

~~~~

Hello, my lovely reader! Its fall break for me and don't have work so I'm gonna be writing all I can cause I have nothing to really do. But its only till Tuesday and back to college for me. yay! Haha anyway, my semester is halfway over! SO that's a relief! 

But THANK YOU GUYS FOR 774,000 READ! IT'S AWESOME! I also love some of the comments I have seen, its hard to read them all when there is just so many so, sorry if I don't reply to yours and someone else's! I really appreciate everyone's support and this story is soon coming to an end. I don't know how many chapters but I just know it will be soon.

Also, I was thinking of making another book that isn't a sequel to this one but an entirely new one. I love this book though, I just want to start on a different one. I have like many ideas for different books but I can put a prologue out this weekend and possibly the first chapter if you guys would like that? Just let me know!

Thank you again! Hope you enjoyed the Chapter! Vote and Comments always appreciated!

Until next time,

Ba-Bye :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6M 370K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
802 240 23
𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 -𝟎𝟏 "Hope" I shout her name while running, trying to find her everywhere but even a sin...
3.5K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
2.2M 53.6K 195
Valentina Williams that is the girls name of this story, or at least she thought it was. Turns out that her whole life is a lie. Her real name was Va...