Photographs (Luke Hemmings)

Procrashtonates által

When her world gets shaken up, Bailey, her family, and her new amazing group of friends have to adapt their l... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
SEQUEL
No update- just words!
Long Time No Talk!

Chapter 3

16.8K 339 372
Procrashtonates által

As I settled into Luke's car, I became nervous.

Maybe it was the fact that I didn't hang out with people alone often, unless it was my best friend Casey but that's about it.

Casey and I were almost inseparable. If I ever hung out with anyone, it was her or our friend Allison who we called Ally. But Ally was home schooled so it was just Casey and I for the majority of time.

I mean I guess I had other friends in school, but they weren't my true friends. The only ones I would willingly spend time with outside of school were Casey and Ally. Our friend group was perfect, because we were all the same. Awkward 17 year olds, who liked the same music and had lots of other similarities. Even though we were all very alike, we were different. We all had something about ourselves that the other two didn't, making us fit perfectly together like a puzzle.

So now that I was with Luke, I tried to play it cool and not be too awkward or seem too boring. I wasn't exactly use to hanging out with anyone else.

"So where to first?" I asked Luke who was adjusting his mom's car mirrors.
He was so tall, I'm not even sure how he fit in the car quite honestly.

"Hockey rink. I have to drop paperwork off to my coach" he said, putting on his black ray bans.

I always loved ray bans. But I couldn't pull them off. I still wore them, even though they probably didn't look right on my small face.

I always believed only certain people could look good in ray bans, and yes; Luke was one of those people. I caught myself staring for a bit too long and quickly looked out the window as Luke turned on the radio before pulling out of his driveway.

"Hey I like this song" I said suddenly. I always did that- I blurted out songs that intrigued me the slightest bit. It was something I wish I didn't do because people probably didn't care that much.

"Weightless by All Time Low? Me too. They're actually my favorite band" Luke said with a smile, showing his dimples which I secretly thought were adorable.

"Yeah I saw them at warped tour, they were really good" I said remembering back to last summer which I spent a majority of the time with Casey and Ally.

"No way me too!"

"What a small world" I said gazing out the window, remembering warped tour like it was yesterday. I made a mental note to look up when this years warped tour tickets came out when I got home.

Before I knew it, we were already outside of the hockey rink and Luke was un-clicking his seat belt.

We walked into the rink, and I immediately felt the chill from the ice, creating goose bumps along my arms. I got cold very easily.

"We'll only be here a minute, I'll be right back, going to give this to my coach on the other side" Luke said noticing the goose bumps along my arms and then nodding to his coach on the far side of the rink.

"Don't rush" I said as he walked away.

I noticed a hockey game going on to my left, so I walked over. I watched in awe, because hockey was a very interesting sport to me. I liked watching it every chance I got.

Before I knew it, one of the teams scored and the loud buzzer went off. Getting caught up in the excitement, I started to cheer, even though I didn't know what teams were currently playing.

"Amazing goal" Luke said beside me. I didn't even notice he was there.

"Yeah it was honestly" I said turning towards him.

"You don't look like the hockey type" Luke said beginning to walk back to the car.

"I love it. I could never play it because I'm the size of a stick but I love watching it. I actually like watching all sports" I said thinking about all the sports games I've seen with my dad.

"If you like good hockey, you should come watch my team play at the beginning of next season" he said being slightly hesitant.

"I've heard, maybe I will" I smiled.

"Cool" Luke said as we got back into the car.

After an hour of errands, we only had one left.

"I have to pick up something for my mom to make for dinner" he said sounded like he felt the need to explain himself. I just nodded and followed him through the grocery store aisles watching him collect what he needed. I kept quiet most of the time, trying to not distract Luke and make him miss something on the mental shopping list he was going through.

As we were walking towards the exit, someone called Luke's name.

"Hey Michael!" he said to the boy with brightly green colored hair.

"Hey Luke. What's up how are you?"

"Oh had to get stuff for my mom for dinner" Luke said looking down at the bag in his hands "but I'm good"

"Whose this?" Michael asked looking my way.

That's when I felt the knot in my stomach.

"Oh this is my friend Bailey, sorry. Bailey this is Michael he's a friend I've known for a long time" he said as I waved to Michael.

My breath hitched, honestly- I wasn't sure if it happened because I was surprised about the fact that Luke called me his friend or that I was just nervous meeting new people. I was still thrown off at the fact that Luke introduced me as his friend.

I was happy he introduced me that way, but I was worried that was all I would ever be to him. I'm not gonna say I like him, but he definitely caught my attention and I had thought about liking him before. I just didn't want to catch feelings for him because I knew I would set myself up for failure. I didn't know much about him, so maybe I wouldn't start getting feelings for him, but as of right now he was so cute and I wanted to talk or hang out with him whenever I had the chance. He seemed to be the boyfriend type, but he was way out of my league. He was way too good for me. I could never imagine him even giving us a thought, let alone thinking I was pretty.

"Hey Bailey nice to meet you" Michael said interrupting my thoughts, "I better run, Ashton and I were going to play video games at his house. Oh by the way I got a new guitar so you'll have to hang out with us soon" Michael said to Luke before walking away from us.

I let out a breath, realizing I didn't breathe the entire time. I held my breath when I was nervous; it just was a bad habit. I either held my breath, or bit the inside of my cheeks.

"Last stop, your house" Luke said pulling out of the parking lot after we got into the car. I wasn't very excited to go home, because frankly I would probably just get on my laptop or read a book- nothing exciting.

When Luke pulled up at my house, I didn't exactly know how I was feeling. I didn't want to leave just yet. We didn't do anything extremely fun, but going back home to be alone in your room all night got kind of boring, but I was too much of a coward to offer for us to hang out some more and he probably had better things to do anyways.

"Thanks Luke" I said with a smile.

"No problem, but I should kind of be thanking you for doing my boring errands with me" he laughed watching me climb out of the car.
"See ya around" he said with a smile.

"Yep" I said as I shut the door and began to walk up my front steps.

-

Two days later, I just finished my last day of school and I was sitting in my room listening to music and spending my time on Tumblr. I clicked the power button on my phone

"Friday, 5:30 p.m"

I let out a huff of boredom, but I would rather be bored at home during the summer than stuck in school wanting to stab my eyes out with my own pencil. I hated being bored just as much as any other teenager; I liked to leave my house every now and then but I didn't have a car, or money. Plus, I really didn't have anywhere to go.

My phone began to ring, I knew it was Casey immediately because I had changed the vibration pattern and ringtone for her calls.

"Hey Case" I said into the phone beginning to walk around the house, another habit I had.

"Hey do you have plans tonight?" she asked even though she already knew that I was a loser and was home 90% of the time.

"Does my bed and Netflix count?" I asked laughing.

"Yes but would you want to go somewhere with me?" she asked.

"Yeah why not"

"Well Ashton has his first summer hockey league game tonight and I figured maybe you would want to go since you're into sports, plus I really don't want to go alone" she said laughing.

That was a trait we both had; we never really wanted to go to things alone, or be alone in general. It made everything better that we simply enjoyed each other's company, It was kind of a win-win situation. We both liked our alone time, but not in public.

Ashton was Casey's friend. She use to like him before high school began, but then realized he wasn't exactly the boyfriend type so she just talked to him now and then. He was immature before high school and sometimes it was really annoying.
I knew Ashton, but I wouldn't exactly call us friends. I decided to go anyways, I liked hockey.

"Yeah, that sounds good! What time?"

"It starts at 6:30, so can you pick me up?"

"Yeah I just have to ask my dad to let me take the car, which I don't see why he wouldn't. So let me change and I'll be there" I said beginning to shuffle through my closet trying to decide what to wear.

"Text me when you're on your way" she said before hanging up.

I immediately became stressed out. There were going to be boys at this game, cute boys and Luke. So I wanted to look somewhat nice, but there was another problem. It was 90 degrees outside, but hockey rinks were usually 30 degrees. I had to find something cute yet warm.

After over thinking my options, I decided on blue jeans, a cute tank top, and a cute sweater to put over it, slipping on my black vans to complete the outfit.

After asking my dad and making sure it was alright, I texted Casey.

*on my way*

It was a short ten minute drive to her house but with my little bit of speeding I got there in 6-7 minutes.

"Hey " she said getting into the car.

"Hey" I smiled back "It's Friday night and were actually doing something rather than sitting in your room!" we both laughed.

We always made jokes about when we were going out because quite often we were just in her room or hanging out with her parents; which we never minded. First, because her parents were really cool; and second because even if we were just sitting in her room we still made lots of fun out of just listening to music or watching videos.

Once we got in, we settled into our spot on the bleachers. Thankfully Case brought a blanket so I didn't have to worry about freezing my butt off. We've been to a couple of games before so we knew what to expect.

Time flew by since Casey and I were talking, laughing (as usual), and the game was really good.

"Hey can we wait for Ashton? I just want to say hi" Casey said.

"Yeah I don't mind" I smiled as we walked to the waiting area near the locker rooms.

"There he is" Casey said looking behind me.

I turned around to see Ashton walking towards us, and of course Luke was next to him.

"Hey congrats" Casey said to Ashton.

"Yeah you guys played great" I added.

"I'm glad you could come" Ashton said, while I snuck a look at Luke.

He was looking at Ashton while he spoke. Luke did that often, he usually looked at someone when they spoke, studying their face.

"Well Luke and I were gonna go get some food you guys can come if you want?" Ashton asked us.

"Well Bailey drove, and is dropping me off, so it's up to you" Casey said turning to me. I hated when she made me make decisions and she knew that. But she took advantage of it when I couldn't make her decide. I made a mental note to scold her for putting me on the spot later.

"Oh yeah that's cool. I'll just follow you" I said to Ashton.

As we got into the car, and I pulled up next to Ashton waiting for him to take the lead, I let out a sigh.

"You okay?" Casey looked at me

"I'm nervous" which was usual.

"Luke's there" I added.

"Didn't his mom tutor you?" she asked

"Yep she did." I said
"Why would you be so nervous around him though?" she asked not understanding.
"He's cute, you know how I get when I'm around someone I think is cute. Or boys in general. I'm just awkward" I said beginning to bite the inside of my cheek.

"You'll be fine. It won't be awkward"

Casey reassured me.

"Hello?" Casey said putting her phone on speaker. I looked at her confused.

'Ashton' she mouthed.

"Hey its Luke, Ashton wants to know if five guys is okay?"

Casey looked over at me, waiting for me to approve or deny like I knew she would.

I nodded my head.

"Yeah. Tell Ash not to crash" she said before hanging up.

After ordering and getting our drinks, we walked over to the table.

I sat on the inside- (which I did almost all the time) right across from Luke with Casey next to me.

"Could you speed any faster, Ashton?" I chuckled taking a sip of my drink.

"I wasn't driving that fast" he said defensively.

Before I knew it, something hit me in the chest.I looked down at my lap where I found a little paper football. When I looked up, Luke and Ashton were laughing, and I caught a glimpse of Casey trying to hold back a laugh too.

"Really? Which one of you was it?" I said eyeing both of the boys sitting across the table from me. Ashton started laughing extra hard, so I flicked it back at him. Of course, he flicked it right back but thankfully I caught it right before it hit me in the nose.

"Softball skills come in handy" I said holding the football in my hand, silently gloating about how I caught it.

Trying to flick it back at Ashton, I accidently hit Luke right in the lip ring. I immediately busted out laughing "I'm sorry" I said while trying to control my laughter..

"Orders 13 and 14 are ready" I heard over the loudspeaker. Ashton got up and left the table, I assumed 13 was their order, and I saw Casey standing to get ours.

"I got it Case; I have to get a refill anyways" I said getting up. I went to the counter to pick up our tray. I carried it over to the drink machine.

While filling up my cup, I saw Luke coming over next to me filling up his cup as well.

"Cherry coke?" he asked eyeing me, cocking one of his eye brows.

"My favorite" I said looking over to him, "Coke?" I asked mocking him.

"My favorite" he said catching my drift, mocking me back.

"How basic" I said giving him a smirk before walking back to the table. I caught a glimpse of him rolling his eyes at me before following me back to our seats.

After eating our meal, Ashton leaned back in his chair and stretched.

"I'm going to be so stiff tomorrow" he complained.

"Me too" Luke said moving his neck around.

"What are you guys doing the rest of the night?" Ashton asked, but focusing his eyes on Casey.

"Nothing" Casey said looking right back at Ashton. I laughed quietly to myself because they were totally just focused on each other, it was like I wasn't even here. I looked up, and my eyes met Luke's. I panicked for a quick second because I didn't know what to do, so I gave him a soft smile before looking away.

"So do you guys want to come to my house? I have a hot tub in the backyard we could use" Ashton said gazing at everyone at the table.

After everyone agreed, I told the boys we would meet them back at Ashton's place because we had to stop by our houses to pick up bathing suits.

"What's with you and Ashton?" I asked Casey on the drive to her house.

"Nothing......I mean he's matured since I use to like him. He's not the same as he was before high school started. He's actually really funny too" She said, shrugging it off.

After stopping by both of our houses, we pulled into Ashton's driveway. I became really self-conscious because I was about to be in my bathing suit, half naked, in front of two boys. I was skinny, but my love handles were pudgy and I didn't like them. There wasn't anything specific about my body that I didn't exactly like. I just wasn't comfortable showing it off.

Ashton must have heard my car pull into his driveway because he was soon outside leading us to his backyard. His backyard was bigger than I expected it to be. It had a deck, a hot tub, a pool and lots of space just for lounging around.

After getting over myself, Casey and I got in. I sharply inhaled as the hot water touched my stomach, making Ashton and Luke laugh.

"Don't laugh at me" I said lightly splashing them. I was very tense at first because I was insecure, but as time passed I finally began to relax.

"Wow this feels so good after our game" Luke said stretching out.

"I know, new after game ritual" Ashton said relaxing, "oh guys, my birthday party is a week from tomorrow, you should come"

"Sounds fun" I said.

I wasn't exactly the party type but I figured I didn't have to stay too long if I didn't want to. I don't think Ashton would be particularly upset over the fact that I out of all the people was going to leave early.

"Definitely" Casey said after me.

After talking the night away, I looked over at the clock. It was already almost 11. I had drivers curfew at midnight, and I knew my dad would be beyond angry if I didn't follow that. In Virginia, it was against the law to be out after midnight, and as laid back as my dad was, he didn't mess with the law.

"I guess we should go," I said to Casey "It's about to be 11" She nodded and we made our way out of the hot tub.

I grabbed my towel, drying off as much as I could before pulling on my Nike shorts. I threw my shirt into the bag I brought with me, seeing as there was no use putting it on because I was just getting in the car to drop off Casey and then going to my house.

Casey and I both thanked Ashton. He then walked over hugging me, then Casey. I caught Ashton holding Casey for a bit longer and I silently laughed to myself before going over to hug Luke.

"Bye, I'll see you guys Saturday" I said pulling back from Luke's embrace.

"Make sure one of you sends me a text saying you guys got home safe" Ashton said leading us outside to my car.

"You totally have another crush on Ashton" I said to Casey once we got in the car.

"Shut up" She said laughing.

Once I got home, I texted Casey.
*I'm home* with a thumbs up emoji.

I decided to take a shower before bed, because I wasn't that tired yet. After my shower, I climbed into bed and turned out my lamp on my night stand. I layed in bed trying to sleep but it was no use. I still wasn't tired so I decided to play around on my phone.

*Tonight was fun* I sent to Casey.

*I know. Ashton and I have been texting since I told him we got home safe* she said back. I rolled my eyes and laughed at her.

*Go to sleep, don't be up all night.*

*Okay mom*

After scrolling down my twitter timeline and reading a few chapters of Paper Towns, I turned my phone on do not disturb, rolled over, and let the tiredness in my eyes take over.

-

A/N

Hey guys :)
This story is developing!
This is a longer chapter, and it shows more about baileys character which I enjoy :)

I was editing some of the final chapters earlier, and I'm very happy with how the story has progressed! I can't wait for you guys to see the road I take with this :)

Okay the next chapter will be up Sunday!

My twitter is @procrashtinates
And I hope you have a great day :-)

-Ricki

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

16K 385 55
[[Sequel to Imagination]] Nothing lasts forever, nothing stays the same. ((Completed))
9.1K 177 30
Love comes in many forms
4.3K 660 68
For a single moment I want to feel like the universe isn't about to crush me and my heart isn't about to explode But I guess I'm just stuck in the mo...
1.3K 43 20
Prologue I'm just a sixteen year old girl in high school. Some people say I have the life in high school,I say I don't. But I guess being popular is...