[ON-GOING] Detroit: Become Hu...

By midnightXcross

One shots involving Markus, Connor, Ralph, Simon , Luther and many more characters from Detroit: Become Huma... More

REQUEST HERE (Closed)
Fighting for a Reason (Yandere!Connor x Reader)
Creating a Masterpiece (Markus x Reader)
A Queen for a King (Yandere!Markus x Reader)
Someone to Live For (Ralph x Reader)
To love an android (Ralph x Yandere!Reader)
You're the Android sent from Cyberlife (Human!Connor x Android!Reader)
The Meaning of Family (Simon x Reader)
A Human Kind of Emotion (RK900 x Reader)
Programmed to Love You (Yandere!RK900 x Reader)
My Savior (Yandere! Connor x Reader)
It's not like I'm deviant... (Tsundere!Connor x Reader)
Love Sick (Connor x Sick!Reader)
Space Cadet (Tsundere!Gavin x Shy!Reader)
Eternally Beautiful (Yandere!Kamski x Reader)
Growing Up With You (Connor x Child!Reader)
A Human Companion (Daniel x Reader)
Written In the Stars (Deviant!Connor x Reader)
Writers Block?? (Author Note)
Tears of an Android (Human!Connor x Android!Reader)
Caged (Yandere!Ralph x Reader)
Born Deviant (RK900 x Creator!Reader)
True Strength (Markus x Shy!Reader)
Waking Nightmare (Yandere!Connor x Reader) 'Fighting For a Reason P.2'
Vampire AU (Vampire!Connor x Reader)
Someone to Care for (Child!Connor x Reader)

A Human Kind of Attraction (North x Connor x Reader Love Triangle)

7.4K 110 94
By midnightXcross

This is requested by ACE_IT_. Hope you enjoy! :)

---

You checked the time on your phone. Five minutes. Five minutes and you would see him again. It had been about a year since you last saw the android. You worked together as partners on various Deviant cases, solving crimes, and accomplishing missions as a team. You couldn't deny that you had a crush on Connor back then, but since he was an android, it could never work out for you. Since the androids won the revolution a year ago however, you thought that perhaps this time, he may consider your feelings.

You were now standing outside the cafe, waiting for him to approach. To your surprise, it was Connor who had contacted you first. He wanted to meet you again after such a long time. You were very relieved to hear from him again, knowing that he had made it through the revolution safely. You were excited to talk with him again, and catch up on everything you had missed through the years you had been apart.

You were interrupted in your thoughts at the sounds of footsteps approaching you. You looked up and beamed. It was him. Connor was standing right before your very eyes. He gave a very thin-lipped smile, and you couldn't stop yourself.

"Connor!!" You ran to him, pulling him into a tight hug. "Connor, I missed you so much..." Connor very slowly, almost hesitantly hugged you back.

"I missed you too [F/N]."

You pulled away from him, staring into his eyes.

"I thought I would never see you again... I was so worried..."

An android beside him stepped forward, and you finally noticed her. You were surprised you hadn't noticed her before. She was very beautiful. Her long hair was brushed to the side, her dress curving around her in all the right places. You felt a little self conscious standing next to her. Connor followed your gaze to her.

"[F/N]... I should introduce you," Connor put a hand on the androids shoulder. "This is North. She is my partner." He paused, analyzing your reaction. "In human terms, you might say she is my girlfriend."

And in that moment, there was nothing. You no longer heard the people passing by you, the voices from inside the cafe, the sounds of the traffic on the nearby road. All you heard was a ringing noise coming from yourself. Girlfriend? Connor had a girlfriend? How did you not know about this? Why didn't Connor tell you? You tried to quickly compose yourself again, but you couldn't stop your bottom lip from quivering.

"North, this is [F/N]," Connor gestured to you. "We worked together on the Deviant cases a year ago."

You gathered all your courage and put your hand out. You forced a smile that you hoped looked real.

"It's nice to meet you North."

"It's nice to meet you too," She finally smiled, returning the handshake.

---

Instead of spending your time in the cafe hearing about Connor's life throughout last year, you awkwardly sat as what seemed to be a third wheel on a date. It made you feel very awkward and uncomfortable. You weren't sure how you were supposed to feel. You had known Connor for so long. Why didn't he mention this girlfriend to you? Why didn't Lieutenant Anderson say anything? Did he not know either? These thoughts rushed through your mind, as you absently listened to the conversation of North and Connor. Things about a man named Markus you thought you heard, and other things about the revolution. You felt... upset? Of course, you should be happy for Connor, but you were hurt and you couldn't deny it. North met your gaze, and you thought you saw recognition in hers. She noticed you were hurt. North then stood up, excusing herself, moving towards the bathroom, a very human thing to do you thought. You met Connor's gaze then looked away. You could tell that Connor was analyzing your face, and you didn't like the idea.

"Your heart rate is unstable. Is everything alright [F/N]?"

You gulped, trying to not show it. "I'm fine Connor..."

"Why are you lying?" He gently touched your chin, to move your face towards his. You couldn't stop the tears from welling in your eyes. You let out a whimper.

"Why didn't you tell me?" You whispered, "I... I thought we... well... I thought we had something Connor." An emotion crossed Connor's face that you didn't recognize. Was it hurt?

"I..." Connor started, hesitating. You tried to stop the tears. Connor muttered, "North is an android too... it wouldn't be right for me to... for me to..." He didn't finish. It seemed he didn't know how. He took to fumbling with the tie around his neck. You were upset. The tears were overflowing now, and you couldn't stop your words.

"I loved you Connor!! Through all those years... all that time you were away from me I still loved you!!" You couldn't stop yourself. "I searched for you. I tried desperately to find you but I couldn't." You wished you could stop talking, but all the emotions you had kept bottled up were resurfacing. You started to move away.

"I thought you loved me too!!" You yelled, before running off. You didn't look back. You just kept running.

You ran until you reached your quiet spot. It was a place under the large bridge, where a river ran. You liked to sit beside the river sometimes, the sound of the water calming your thoughts. You tossed pebbles into the shallows. You didn't regret telling Connor that. You just wished things could be different. If you had found him before, then maybe it would have been different.

You stayed there until night fell, walking slowly to the bus station, not in any hurry. You would have to walk past the cafe again to get to the station, but this didn't bother you anymore. You felt numb. As you walked closer towards the cafe, you saw someone standing in the darkness. You paid them no mind, continuing walking, until they grabbed your shoulder. You gasped, pulling away from the intruder.

"I'm sorry," A woman's voice said. Your eyes adjusted. With the light from the cafe behind, you could see that it was North.

"North?" You looked around, but Connor was no where to be seen. "What are you doing here?"

She hesitated before answering. "I wanted to speak with you," She gestured up the path. "Will you walk with me?"

"Were you waiting here the whole time?" You asked. She didn't answer that, but from the light snow dusted on her hair, it looked like she had.

You walked slowly together, towards the bus stop.

"North..." You started. "I hope you and Connor will be happy together. I really do..."

"I wanted to tell you something..." North whispered. She brushed her fingers through her hair absent mindedly. "I love Connor... I truly do love him, I cannot deny it." You gulped.

"Y-Yes... I already know, you don't have to tell me."

"No, that wasn't what I wanted to say..." North grabbed your hand as you walked further ahead. "I-I could tell that you were hurt... I saw you leave the cafe." You pulled your hand out of her grasp.

North continued. "When... when I looked into Connor's memories, and he looked into mine..." She hesitated. "All I saw in his was you." You raised your eyebrows.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I think you deserve to know..." She clutched her chest. "His memories feel like my own. I see everything that he saw in you. All the moments you shared. The times you shared in all of those deviant cases. The times you saved him. And the times he saved you. I see it all even now." She suddenly smiled, only slightly. "You may not know me all that well, but I feel like I know so much about you... and all of it is through Connor."

"It doesn't matter anymore North... he doesn't love me. I should've known that." You make a move to leave, but North moves in front of you.

"Please don't leave [F/N]!" Then she composed herself. "Connor is conflicted... Ever since he became Deviant he has been..." She touched your shoulder cautiously, but her expression was caring. "I love Connor too [F/N]... but I think it is in a different way to you." Then she paced away from you a little. The passerbys paid no mind to you. North stood still.

"Connor saved me... Connor saved all of us," She looked up, her memories distant. "When there was no one else to save our people, Connor was there. Perhaps I love him because of that... But I don't know what he is really like. Not like you do," North smiled a little sadly at you. "I saw a different Connor in his memories of you. A more loving and passionate Connor..." She paused. "Connor is in trouble [F/N]... he is lost. He needs someone. And right now, I don't think that person is me."

"But I am human... and Connor is an android..." You whispered. "Connor doesn't need me."

"He may say that, but things have changed now... and I have changed too. I don't want to live with this guilt. I want to be happy with someone who genuinely loves me back..." She was speaking to herself now. "There was someone. He used to lead the revolution too... I still wish I had gone after him. I still regret not telling him how I felt. I don't want you to be like that." She suddenly grabbed your shoulders.

"Go to him [F/N], please..." At first, you thought she was simply grabbing your shoulders, but she was actually hugging you. "I saw the way Connor loved you. I felt the same feelings he felt through his memories. I want you to be the one to save him."

North pointed you in the direction of a place overlooking the park. It was night time, but you could still see his figure silhouetted against the lights. And you knew even from that, that it was him. You had cared about him for so long from behind the scenes. So long you watched him. Could he really feel the same way as North says? He turned and you met his gaze. You quickly looked away.

"I didn't know..." You heard him whisper, his footsteps growing closer. "I didn't know that you felt that way..." He gently put his hand under your chin again, lifting your head to look at him. His LED was amber. "I thought you only saw me... as your friend... I didn't know that you..." He trailed off. You closed your eyes.

"I always loved you Connor. I thought I was never going to see you again after you left. I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye..."

There was a long pause. Now Connor was looking away. He let your chin go.

"I spent a long time at Jericho... I spent so long away from you... and I... I missed you." Your eyes widened. His cheeks were tinted slightly blue. "I couldn't stop thinking about you. There wasn't a day that we spent apart that I didn't think about you."

"Can we start over [F/N]?" He whispered. He took your hands in his. "Can we start over, not as an android and a human, but simply as equals?" You could feel his breath on your face as he said, "Can we begin again?"

And you kissed him. It was a soft kiss, but it was enough. You smiled. In the night sky, the stars were starting to appear.

"I love you Connor..." You whispered.

"I love you too..." He replied softly, "You changed my life..." He looked up at the stars that were now covering the sky.

"There are many stars in the sky this evening... too many to count... I want to be with you, as long as the stars remain in the sky." He finally looked at you. You could see his reflection in his eyes. "And longer... much longer... even when the stars cease to exist. We will be together, for eternity and beyond."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 394 13
✨COMPLETED✨ RE WRIGHT IN PROSESS❗️ (A/T: Who would have thought a "little" girl would be leading a revolution.) .... I was a wedding gift to a famil...
1.7M 56.2K 105
"Miss (L/n), you and Anderson have been assigned with an android from Cyberlife for these cases." "Really? Well...alright. When will he or she arrive...
68.6K 2.2K 20
This story is set during the events of Detroit: Become Human because I'm really bad at one shots. This is a Connor/reader. M/F. Censored swearing. Th...
142K 6.1K 21
[ 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐓: 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐱 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 ] (ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE) ❛𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙩...